Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,269 members, 7,836,213 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

I Remain The Bayelsa State House Of Assembly Speaker... APC And Lies! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Remain The Bayelsa State House Of Assembly Speaker... APC And Lies! (424 Views)

Bbnaija : Akwa Ibom Assembly Speaker 'onofiok' Supports Kemen / The Bayelsa Election: A Lesson For The Igbos / Jonathan, Fayose At The Bayelsa PDP Governorship Primary Election Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Remain The Bayelsa State House Of Assembly Speaker... APC And Lies! by Tinubutoto: 3:49pm On Jan 21, 2016
I REMAIN THE BAYELSA STATE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY SPEAKER AND MY ELECTION WAS NOT NULLIFIED BY APPEAL
COURT.....RT.HON.KONBOWEI FRIDAY BENSON
My attention has been drawn to a purported claim by members of the All Progressives Congress (APC) alleging that the Appeal
Court sitting in Port Harcourt on the 9th of December, 2015 nullified my election into the Bayelsa State House of Assembly.
This is untrue and a lie in the highest order!What transpired in the open Court was that the case was dismissed for lack of merit
by the presiding Judge of the Court of Appeal, Justice Ejembi Eko represented by Justice Muhammed Lawal Garba (JCA).
This judgment was delivered in the presence of several lawyers including my lawyers, lawyers of INEC, that of the APC and
several others who were in the Court for other matters on the 9th of December, 2015.
Therefore, a judgment delivered in the open Court could not have been given a counter judgment secretly and handed over only
to the lawyers of the APC who are in possession of this purported judgment.
It is on the strength of the above that I categorically and unequivocally state that I am and still remain the Speaker of the
Bayelsa State House of Assembly and the member representing Southern Ijaw Constituency four (4).
That the falsehood being circulated in both the social, electronic and print media by members of the APC should be disregarded
as it represents the desperate ambition and interest of only the peddlers of this falsehood.
That I have contacted my lawyers who have sufficient evidence to the effect that the Appellant suit by the candidate of the APC
was duly dismissed for lack of merit thereby upholding my election into the Bayelsa State House of Assembly.
I use this medium to call on the National Judicial Council (NJC) to properly investigate this matter in order to save our
Judiciary from this huge embarrassment and bring the perpetrators to book.
May I therefore enjoin members and staff of the Bayelsa State House of Assembly and indeed all Bayelsans to continue to keep
faith with the State Assembly as we are poised to making laws that will impact positively on the lives of Bayelsans while
commending them for standing by the truth.
RT. HON. KONBOWEI FRIDAY BENSON
Speaker, Bayelsa State House Of Assembly
Re: I Remain The Bayelsa State House Of Assembly Speaker... APC And Lies! by ozy4christ(f): 3:54pm On Jan 21, 2016
Oga dont worry,dats wat u get when dia informatn minister is a liar..hahahaha but wait d source?@op

1 Like

Re: I Remain The Bayelsa State House Of Assembly Speaker... APC And Lies! by Ezenwammadu(m): 3:59pm On Jan 21, 2016
APC can lie angry angry

2 Likes

Re: I Remain The Bayelsa State House Of Assembly Speaker... APC And Lies! by Tinubutoto: 4:05pm On Jan 21, 2016
ozy4christ:
Oga dont worry,dats wat u get when dia informatn minister is a liar..hahahaha but wait d source?@op
http://247ureports.com/bayelsa-assembly-i-didnt-step-down-as-speaker-im-still-in-charge-benson/

(1) (Reply)

Fire On Buhari / Nairaland Users- #mytribenigeria.whither Nigeria?to Our Glory Or Our Doom?... / Witness Reveals How Metuh’s Firm, 77 Others Got N1.4b For Fictitious Contracts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.