Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,858 members, 7,844,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Davido Signs Deal With Sony BMG Music New York - 9janewsarena.com - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Davido Signs Deal With Sony BMG Music New York - 9janewsarena.com (27881 Views)

Davido Signs Deal With First Bank. Fans React With Funny Comments / Tekno Signs Deal With Sony Music Worldwide (Photos) / Davido Signs J Ice To DMW As Both Fly Private Jet (pics,vid) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Davido Signs Deal With Sony BMG Music New York - 9janewsarena.com by kenoz(m): 9:08pm On Jan 21, 2016
Good for him
Re: Davido Signs Deal With Sony BMG Music New York - 9janewsarena.com by EbolaParasite: 9:14pm On Jan 21, 2016
WaffenSS:

What?

It's a 2 hour drive!

Bebeto. Oyakhilome.

It depends on where you are coming from. So you are telling me it will take 2hrs from Newark abi?
Na Shagari 1925 Mercedes benz you dey drive wey go slow like that ni... tongue
Re: Davido Signs Deal With Sony BMG Music New York - 9janewsarena.com by EbolaParasite: 9:17pm On Jan 21, 2016
seedord247:

Jersey to NY is not 2 hours drive. Its 30 max

He was probably referencing further cities down in Jersey. For clarification, it depends on where in Jersey you are coming from. Neighbouring takes 20 to 30 max but once you start going further down Jersey, then it's easily 2hrs
Re: Davido Signs Deal With Sony BMG Music New York - 9janewsarena.com by tpiar: 9:22pm On Jan 21, 2016
I just pray he knows Jesus.

btw, what's his religion?
Re: Davido Signs Deal With Sony BMG Music New York - 9janewsarena.com by Bevista: 9:23pm On Jan 21, 2016
Vanquay:
Bruh, her net worth and YouTube views completely massacre your argument. Every one keeps saying shes international, I have never heard of one of thowe songs. Even dbanj and wizkid have more intl value
I was actually referring to content and quality, and not popularity. Her voice, lyrics and delivery are world class. Asa will sell more to an international audience while those you mentioned do better among Africans.
---
Even Terry G has more popularity than Asa, does that imply anything? Go figure!
---
They are all Nigerian artist doing well, so no hating. Just my opinion.
Re: Davido Signs Deal With Sony BMG Music New York - 9janewsarena.com by WaffenSS(m): 9:25pm On Jan 21, 2016
EbolaParasite:

Bebeto. Oyakhilome.

It depends on where you are coming from. So you are telling me it will take 2hrs from Newark abi?
Na Shagari 1925 Mercedes benz you dey drive wey go slow like that ni... tongue

Almost an hour from Newark. But you said New Jersey, and Newark isnt the only city in NJ.

tongue
Re: Davido Signs Deal With Sony BMG Music New York - 9janewsarena.com by WaffenSS(m): 9:26pm On Jan 21, 2016
seedord247:

Jersey to NY is not 2 hours drive. Its 30 max

From Jersey City all the way south of East Orange, yes. But from the heartland it is 2 hours.
Re: Davido Signs Deal With Sony BMG Music New York - 9janewsarena.com by EbolaParasite: 9:38pm On Jan 21, 2016
WaffenSS:

Almost an hour from Newark. But you said New Jersey, and Newark isnt the only city in NJ.

tongue

You obviously know what I meant. Po-tey-toe / Po-ta-toe
Same noni
tongue Right back at ya
Re: Davido Signs Deal With Sony BMG Music New York - 9janewsarena.com by WaffenSS(m): 9:43pm On Jan 21, 2016
EbolaParasite:

You obviously know what I meant. Po-tey-toe / Po-ta-toe
Same noni
tongue Right back at ya

Why, you're a virus. Eww!

Death to Ebola!
Re: Davido Signs Deal With Sony BMG Music New York - 9janewsarena.com by omolola15(m): 10:10pm On Jan 21, 2016
Memphis357:

nor mind am.......
na so dem dey take sign music deal,abi?
utter rubbish

Se na dodo abi aye he go dey sing for oyinbo dem. For me oooo. I don't think his music is marketable for non Nigerians. If he goes on world tour. Na Nigerians wey dey that country go buy ticket watch am. D banj had to sing something they can relate with when he signed for good music. Can davido do the same ?
Re: Davido Signs Deal With Sony BMG Music New York - 9janewsarena.com by Memphis357(m): 10:24pm On Jan 21, 2016
omolola15:

Se na dodo abi aye he go dey sing for oyinbo dem. For me oooo. I don't think his music is marketable for non Nigerians. If he goes on world tour. Na Nigerians wey dey that country go buy ticket watch am. D banj had to sing something they can relate with when he signed for good music. Can davido do the same ?
One thing 9ja artistes fail to understand is the marketing and the creative concept behind creating good music. It was when I began watching Empire tv series....... na dat time it dawned on me that 9ja music go remain for this stage wey e dey so. Mediocrity too much for 9ja music industry. Dem don outshine the ones wey get talent. Guy,don't be fooled with all this gimmick they put up on social media n sh!t. 9ja music nor dey sell outside 9ja!

2 Likes

Re: Davido Signs Deal With Sony BMG Music New York - 9janewsarena.com by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jan 21, 2016
Noooooo! He will find out the hard way why so many big artist in the USA are independent orbown their own label. Be prepared to only get like 15 cent per album sale. Worst mistake ever.
Re: Davido Signs Deal With Sony BMG Music New York - 9janewsarena.com by 3rdlegxxx(m): 11:48pm On Jan 21, 2016
onatisi:
I wonder how a road in USA automatically means bmg office and majority of ppl here didn't have the common sense of questioning the story
Common sense my friend they say isn't common
Re: Davido Signs Deal With Sony BMG Music New York - 9janewsarena.com by 3rdlegxxx(m): 12:25am On Jan 22, 2016
Memphis357:

One thing 9ja artistes fail to understand is the marketing and the creative concept behind creating good music. It was when I began watching Empire tv series....... na dat time it dawned on me that 9ja music go remain for this stage wey e dey so. Mediocrity too much for 9ja music industry. Dem don outshine the ones wey get talent. Guy,don't be fooled with all this gimmick they put up on social media n sh!t. 9ja music nor dey sell outside 9ja!

Nigerian music no dey sell outside africa you mean but bro you made some mad sense oo, watching that series really showed and spoke a lot about where we stand, music wise
Re: Davido Signs Deal With Sony BMG Music New York - 9janewsarena.com by Nobody: 2:29am On Jan 22, 2016
Hakagure:
very good catch. due to high cost of tags instate new york. a lot of new yorkers go to Jersey to get their tags. Hope the trivia is useful.

Could just be a rental.....
Re: Davido Signs Deal With Sony BMG Music New York - 9janewsarena.com by linearity: 3:55am On Jan 22, 2016
Atmmachine:
He worked hard to get to where he is now.

But the plate numbers on those vehicles parked there are New Jersey plate numbers not New York tags.

Trying to understand your point, that is a limo, you can rent a NJ or in fact any state tagged limo in NYC and the reverse is also true.

Plus NJ & NYC are neighbors; a five minutes walk or a 2 minutes drive across GWB will get one from NJ to NYC and vice versa.
Re: Davido Signs Deal With Sony BMG Music New York - 9janewsarena.com by linearity: 4:12am On Jan 22, 2016
Hakagure:
very good catch. due to high cost of tags instate new york. a lot of new yorkers go to Jersey to get their tags. Hope the trivia is useful.

pure nonsense, how costly is a tag in NY? Chances are, it is at par with what it cost in NJ, plus you do not just cross state lines to get vehicle tags.

By law, you can only possess the driver's license of one state at a time, if you move between states you have certain period of time to give up the prior state license for the new state's and you can only get a vehicle tag from the state you are licensed. E.g. If I live in NY and have NY driver's license, I can only get NY plates.

The only exception is, for a company that is registered in multiple states e.g. car rental services, then they can get tags from multiple states.

Even individuals who have houses in multiple states can only get tag from one state concurrently, since they can only get a driver license from one state, the difference is, they can choose which state they want to get the tag from.

Another way around this is for the individual to be incorporated and register the cars under his/her incorporation, then they can get tags from multiple states at the same time, but this option is not practicable for the person typified in your response, since, if we're possible, they would prefer a tag in NJ just to save less than $100 for a two year period.
Re: Davido Signs Deal With Sony BMG Music New York - 9janewsarena.com by scarr: 4:50am On Jan 22, 2016
Atmmachine:

But the plate numbers on those vehicles parked there are New Jersey plate numbers not New York tags.

Smh
in you state in Nigeria, do you see only plates from ur state or from every other state

Now by urself, give ur brain a score undecided
Re: Davido Signs Deal With Sony BMG Music New York - 9janewsarena.com by cyzzy: 7:15am On Jan 22, 2016
"Actually, am bigger than, all of u, all of u!" He said it from day one folks. Davido surprises me each time. More blessings OBO.
Re: Davido Signs Deal With Sony BMG Music New York - 9janewsarena.com by omolola15(m): 7:22am On Jan 22, 2016
Memphis357:

That's what I keep saying. The 9ja artist wey fit try small outside this country is 2 face, Asa, and dare art alade can try small if he's still singing. And also praiz if he can improve on his vocals. The noisemakers and money makers Don outshine the talented vocalist we have. Back then you'd listen to some of dare's songs and you'd be like this guy should not have been a Nigerian because he's good but he's not gonna last long because people don't want good music. They want noise. My friend a club dj use to tell me then that to survive in 9ja music industry you need to follow the trend. Good beat and nonsense lyrics. As long as the beat is danceable.
Re: Davido Signs Deal With Sony BMG Music New York - 9janewsarena.com by phidel147(m): 7:32am On Jan 22, 2016
hmmm... I blame Buhari for this........... grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Davido Signs Deal With Sony BMG Music New York - 9janewsarena.com by Dirkcoyt: 8:24am On Jan 22, 2016
janellemonae:

The lady in this ur picture just makes us ladies look like fools.
What are you ladies before?
Re: Davido Signs Deal With Sony BMG Music New York - 9janewsarena.com by Favolly(f): 8:55am On Jan 22, 2016
tomyka81:
Noooooo! He will find out the hard way why so many big artist in the USA are independent orbown their own label. Be prepared to only get like 15 cent per album sale. Worst mistake ever.
Exactly what I was thinking

If the album/song sells, the record label recoups their investment first, songwriter gets paid, producer gets paid, manager gets paid about 5% or more of your gross income, the almighty IRS takes their share, and finally the artiste gets paid

I'm happy for him, but I hope he reads the fine lines of the contract
Re: Davido Signs Deal With Sony BMG Music New York - 9janewsarena.com by midehi2(f): 9:52am On Jan 22, 2016
humanbeing5th:
just a million dollars? "in lil kesh voice" i make more dan dat in two weeks. *hiss and zoom out of the thread in my bugatti* Fucck dat shiit!
hmmm ....for ya mind abi cheesy
Re: Davido Signs Deal With Sony BMG Music New York - 9janewsarena.com by Nkwazemakennyj(m): 10:23am On Jan 22, 2016
Congrat Bro. but I smell Illuminati
Re: Davido Signs Deal With Sony BMG Music New York - 9janewsarena.com by Nobody: 10:55am On Jan 22, 2016
Vanquay:
I am propably tripping on weed or something but i dont know about yall Niggas///Where the fvck is the offivce?

Sony are just ready to make losses apparently. Davido is wack, all Nigerian artists are wack except 2face(And that nigga be singing lame songs) and maybe, just maybe wizkid undecided
who u again?
Re: Davido Signs Deal With Sony BMG Music New York - 9janewsarena.com by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jan 22, 2016
Vanquay:

What the hell are you doing on your profile picture lipsrsealed

Heating up the ocean with a gaddam boiling ring. grin
Re: Davido Signs Deal With Sony BMG Music New York - 9janewsarena.com by tpiar: 6:30pm On Jan 22, 2016
Atmmachine:

It's New York, check the restaurant behind him.

The New Jersey cars might be part of his crew, just guessing.
Re: Davido Signs Deal With Sony BMG Music New York - 9janewsarena.com by burninghaven: 7:03pm On Jan 22, 2016
Atmmachine:

bro pls what is the name of this app that is monitoring your network data speed (counting 2.4K/s)
Re: Davido Signs Deal With Sony BMG Music New York - 9janewsarena.com by Hakagure: 4:34pm On Jan 26, 2016
Very funny, I am talking street you are talking theory, when last you go NY ask the people with tags where dem get Jersey tags. You should investigate before you spout pure nonsense.
linearity:

pure nonsense, how costly is a tag in NY? Chances are, it is at par with what it cost in NJ, plus you do not just cross state lines to get vehicle tags.

By law, you can only possess the driver's license of one state at a time, if you move between states you have certain period of time to give up the prior state license for the new state's and you can only get a vehicle tag from the state you are licensed. E.g. If I live in NY and have NY driver's license, I can only get NY plates.

The only exception is, for a company that is registered in multiple states e.g. car rental services, then they can get tags from multiple states.

Even individuals who have houses in multiple states can only get tag from one state concurrently, since they can only get a driver license from one state, the difference is, they can choose which state they want to get the tag from.

Another way around this is for the individual to be incorporated and register the cars under his/her incorporation, then they can get tags from multiple states at the same time, but this option is not practicable for the person typified in your response, since, if we're possible, they would prefer a tag in NJ just to save less than $100 for a two year period.
Re: Davido Signs Deal With Sony BMG Music New York - 9janewsarena.com by Hakagure: 4:36pm On Jan 26, 2016
folks actually just arrange a Jersey Address and go to a Jersey DMV.
RichYoungNigga:

Mehn.
You cannot live in New York and have a New Jersey license plate.

If you go to the DMV to get your license plate, they will send it to your home address in that state you live in not a different state.
Even if you move to Another state, you will go to the DMV in that state you moved to, surrender your license plate, state ID and drivers license from your old state to them and they will give you a new license plate of their state.
Example is, if you live in New York and have a New York license plate, New York ID card and New York drivers license and you decide to move to Florida to permanently live.
You will go to the DMV in Florida, give them your New York drivers license, New York ID card, New York license plate and they will give you the Florida License plate and Florida ID card

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Alexx Ekubo Celebrates His 33rd Birthday With Cute Photos / Throwback Photo Of Jaywon And 9ice / Old Picture Of Segun Arinze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.