Stats: 3,153,460 members, 7,819,679 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Professional Studio Engineers Only, Read Please. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Professional Studio Engineers Only, Read Please. (1859 Views)

About Sound Card For Professional Studio With Great Quality. / For Nice Music Production In A Professional Studio Call 08155560515 / Mastering Tips For Producers And Sound Engineers (2) (3) (4)

Professional Studio Engineers Only, Read Please. by ChiomaUdemba(m): 9:38pm On Jan 21, 2016
I own a music studio, my producers are complaining that the sample rate of 192 kHz they are working with doesn't make their mixing sound well mixed.
- Please I need a sound card that has more than 192 kHz is it sold in Nigeria, if yes I need the name and the price, if possible. or how they go about the mixing problem. thanks for taking time to read.
Re: Professional Studio Engineers Only, Read Please. by overboard(m): 10:16pm On Jan 21, 2016
What, they want to mix at a higher sample rate? No need bro, just change the engineers...

Why?

Though I'm no advocate of a 44.1 kHz, I myself only dithering to that rate (and toning down bit rate from 24 to 16, CD quality) for final masters, it is curious however, that your engineers should claim that the sample rate of 192 kHz not being enough is cause for not mixing well. That excuse is super lame. They are not using 48 or 96 BUT f***ing 192 kHz and saying that rate is not letting their jobs shine, SCAM ALERT, WASH!!!

Look at it critically, what does anything more than 92kHz do really? It offers greater bandwidth which in itself confers no reasonable value after 192 kHz and it is even more useful when tracking... it is even not hotly debated but generally agreed that higher than regular 92kHz is detrimental to audio quality sound! Our ears sef no dey pick much after 44kHz, what's the point. Something, that 'll be likely finally taped to mp3 before reaching the public.

Look, let me not delve far, dem no sabi work, kpom!

If they need lessons in mixing, the right way that is, let them say. Wetin dem wan use again 384khz? Jokers!!!

If you need the best Analogue to Digital converter sound cards though, PT HD, RME series, Lynx and Apogee you can get. But change your mixing team first!
Re: Professional Studio Engineers Only, Read Please. by ChiomaUdemba(m): 10:59pm On Jan 21, 2016
thanks overboard, I appreciate.
Re: Professional Studio Engineers Only, Read Please. by overboard(m): 12:49am On Jan 22, 2016
ChiomaUdemba:
thanks overboard, I appreciate.

Pleasure!
Re: Professional Studio Engineers Only, Read Please. by peterg3: 1:21pm On Jan 22, 2016
192khz looool.When professional mixers are still doing 24/44.1.Sack those engineers,for real.First off,you need good mics,monitors and a good monitoring environment.You should be more concerned about the acoustics than 192khz.
Re: Professional Studio Engineers Only, Read Please. by ChiomaUdemba(m): 6:57pm On Jan 22, 2016
Thanks peter. good contribution. so do you mean that 192 kHz can mix well and produce an industry standard mix. I should not bother buying another sound card .
Re: Professional Studio Engineers Only, Read Please. by ChynoBEATS: 8:02pm On Jan 22, 2016
ChiomaUdemba:
I own a music studio, my producers are complaining that the sample rate of 192 kHz they are working with doesn't make their mixing sound well mixed.

Lolz ....hehehehehehe huhuhuhuhuhu hahahahahahaha hohohohoho smh .... Is this a joke or somfin ..... How can they be complaining about a SR of 24bit/192khz.. Thats preposterous

ChiomaUdemba:

Please I need a sound card that has more than 192 kHz is it sold in Nigeria, if yes I need the name and the price, if possible. or how they go about the mixing problem. thanks for taking time to read.

Everything concerning the standard n Highly recommended sample rate doesn't exceed 24bit

Tho There are 32bit soundcards but u dont need Em

And for the Khz 192 is the Best ....

As per your Engineers ..... I dont Even know what to say to them..

They need to Fix themselves

But b4 we judge .....
It'd would be better to give us a lil tip about the DAW and the spec of the PC .....
you use in your studio
Re: Professional Studio Engineers Only, Read Please. by ChiomaUdemba(m): 9:29pm On Jan 22, 2016
The PC is Dell 2.66ghz(2CPus) 2.7Ghs processor. Window xp 32 bit.
Re: Professional Studio Engineers Only, Read Please. by ChiomaUdemba(m): 9:30pm On Jan 22, 2016
The PC is Dell 2.66ghz(2CPus) 2.7Ghs processor. Window xp 32 bit.
Re: Professional Studio Engineers Only, Read Please. by overboard(m): 10:49pm On Jan 22, 2016
ChiomaUdemba:
The PC is Dell 2.66ghz(2CPus) 2.7Ghs processor.
Window xp 32 bit.

@ChynoBEATS was also asking for which software (DAW) your people are using like Cubase, Pro Tools, FL, Logic, Studio One...

Meanwhile @ChiomaUdemba, which sound card is currently being used and which other gear if applicable?

The PC you stated OK, just OK but no optimal but that is also largely dependent on the CPU load their mixing pulls. If it's just the rugular, fine. But for more intense work - if needed or suiting to the needs - a no less than a Core i5 processor with other attendant specs or a Mac would be nice.
Re: Professional Studio Engineers Only, Read Please. by overboard(m): 10:56pm On Jan 22, 2016
ChynoBEATS:

Lolz ....hehehehehehe huhuhuhuhuhu hahahahahahaha hohohohoho smh .... Is this a joke or somfin ..... How can they be complaining about a SR of 24bit/192khz.. Thats preposterous

Everything concerning the standard n Highly recommended sample rate doesn't exceed 24bit

Tho There are 32bit soundcards but u dont need Em

And for the Khz 192 is the Best ....

As per your Engineers ..... I dont Even know what to say to them..

They need to Fix themselves

But b4 we judge .....
It'd would be better to give us a lil tip about the DAW and the spec of the PC .....
you use in your studio

Guy, me I don judge this one o. E no matter. Make dem dey use Pro Tools Infinity or Cubase SX99... nothing within the context of the regular dem dey do go justify subbing 192 Khz unless they are doing sound design for a futuristic Hollywood Sci Fi blockbuster or making material and mixing for an intergalactic party that will use NASA's secret HiFi system that they arranged the technology to build it from 2099!
Re: Professional Studio Engineers Only, Read Please. by ChynoBEATS: 6:25am On Jan 23, 2016
overboard:

Guy, me I don judge this one o. E no matter. Make dem dey use Pro Tools Infinity or Cubase SX99... nothing within the context of the regular dem dey do go justify subbing 192 Khz unless they are doing sound design for a futuristic Hollywood Sci Fi blockbuster or making material and mixing for an intergalactic party that will use NASA's secret HiFi system that they arranged the technology to build it from 2099!

LoL
Re: Professional Studio Engineers Only, Read Please. by ChiomaUdemba(m): 8:16am On Jan 23, 2016
Over board its avid mbox,
Re: Professional Studio Engineers Only, Read Please. by overboard(m): 8:30am On Jan 23, 2016
ChiomaUdemba:
Over board its avid mbox,

It's a good product, really good. Your engineers can take over the world with that unit but for their lack of know-how. I've used it extensively and there's no saying what one cannot achieve with it even though it's not the supposed highest Avid range, the HD, which I have used extensively as well and mixed three albums (or 4) with.
Re: Professional Studio Engineers Only, Read Please. by ChiomaUdemba(m): 8:36am On Jan 23, 2016
Guys another thing they always complain about I forgot to to say, its about compressor. in terms of software can you guys suggest a better softwares for engineering plz.
Re: Professional Studio Engineers Only, Read Please. by ChiomaUdemba(m): 8:44am On Jan 23, 2016
overboard:

It's a good product, really good. Your engineers can take over the world with that unit but for their lack of know-how. I've used it extensively and there's no saying what one cannot achieve with it even though it's not the supposed highest Avid range, the HD, which I have used extensively as well and mixed three albums (or 4) with.
Re: Professional Studio Engineers Only, Read Please. by overboard(m): 8:47am On Jan 23, 2016
ChiomaUdemba:
Guys another thing they always complain about I forgot to to say, its about compressor. in terms of software can you guys suggest a better softwares for engineering plz.

Are they using an outboard compressor as in physical hardware?

Better softwares? It depends on what they are using currently but then again, there's no 'best' software; it's expertise that make the difference. Just to ask, what is the major software (DAW) they are using?
Re: Professional Studio Engineers Only, Read Please. by ChiomaUdemba(m): 8:52am On Jan 23, 2016
overboard:

Are they using an outboard compressor as in physical hardware?

Better softwares? It depends on what they are using currently but then again, there's no 'best' software; it's expertise that make the difference. Just to ask, what is the major software (DAW) they are using?
Re: Professional Studio Engineers Only, Read Please. by ChiomaUdemba(m): 8:57am On Jan 23, 2016
Noo. they don't. they are using wave bundle.. were you see VEQ3 mono and stereo, Nomad factory And SSL
Re: Professional Studio Engineers Only, Read Please. by overboard(m): 9:17am On Jan 23, 2016
ChiomaUdemba:
Noo. they don't.
they are using wave bundle.. were you see VEQ3 mono and stereo, Nomad factory
And SSL

Waves Bundle, that's a third party plugin.

I meant like the main DAW like Cubase, Sonar, Logic, Fruity Loops, Avid Pro Tools (I guess it's this because of the Avid MBox), Reaper, Studio One, Reason + Record...

Maybe you should ask them. Not that the DAW really matters anyway. I'm sure they have the right tools...
Re: Professional Studio Engineers Only, Read Please. by ChiomaUdemba(m): 7:39pm On Jan 23, 2016
they use cubase 5. overboard
Re: Professional Studio Engineers Only, Read Please. by overboard(m): 12:25am On Jan 24, 2016
ChiomaUdemba:

There you have it! Avid MBox + Cubase 5, some third party plug-ins of which the Waves Bundle (I'm guessing no lesser than Waves Complete 7 here), Nomad Factory plugins...

I've mixed resoundingly with lesser; your are covered to a good extent with those.

Please arrange lessons for your crew.
Re: Professional Studio Engineers Only, Read Please. by ChiomaUdemba(m): 12:34am On Jan 24, 2016
overboard:

There you have it! Avid MBox + Cubase 5, some third party plug-ins of which the Waves Bundle (I'm guessing no lesser than Waves Complete 7 here), Nomad Factory plugins...

I've mixed resoundingly with lesser; your are covered to a good extent with those.

Please arrange lessons for your crew.
Re: Professional Studio Engineers Only, Read Please. by ChynoBEATS: 4:57am On Jan 24, 2016
ChiomaUdemba:
Please upgrade your Cubase ...
Re: Professional Studio Engineers Only, Read Please. by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jan 24, 2016
@ 192khz per 24bit ur system won't do much at all given by your pc specs u would observer glitchs n latency delay n possible system crash, or freeze. @192khz audio clarity n resolution on the output spkers may look tempting. But with mixing n mastering u can get better quality with jus d rite plugins, gears n engineer head. Eg at 88.2khz per 24bit alone u will need a faster n strong cpu, very large ram in range of 12-16gb. So u need to upgrade ur ram at least, get orientation for ur team, n go with d standard 24 bit per 44.1khz in which almost all of d engineers are using so as to easy ur workflow n sessions. Bcuz a commercial cd renders music at 16bit. N so are d smaller speakers n phones, car stereos. @192 u ar not wanting to put in d work of serious mixing, but only looking for easy way out and that is not being professional at all. Cubase or any daw is ok. Just use what u are comfortable with.
Re: Professional Studio Engineers Only, Read Please. by overboard(m): 3:59pm On Jan 24, 2016
gsmlogic42:
@ 192khz per 24bit ur system won't do much at all given by your pc specs u would observer glitchs n latency delay n possible system crash, or freeze. @192khz audio clarity n resolution on the output spkers may look tempting. But with mixing n mastering u can get better quality with jus d rite plugins, gears n engineer head. Eg at 88.2khz per 24bit alone u will need a faster n strong cpu, very large ram in range of 12-16gb. So u need to upgrade ur ram at least, get orientation for ur team, n go with d standard 24 bit per 44.1khz in which almost all of d engineers are using so as to easy ur workflow n sessions. Bcuz a commercial cd renders music at 16bit. N so are d smaller speakers n phones, car stereos. @192 u ar not wanting to put in d work of serious mixing, but only looking for easy way out and that is not being professional at all. Cubase or any daw is ok. Just use what u are comfortable with.

Come to think of it... the system specs would likely not carry the SR sef. Feels like a fishy claim by those hungineers. I stand to be corrected.
Re: Professional Studio Engineers Only, Read Please. by Nobody: 7:48pm On Feb 28, 2016
overboard:

Come to think of it... the system specs would likely not carry the SR sef. Feels like a fishy claim by those hungineers. I stand to be corrected.
longest time my friend. i now go by d name_flaky ray# jst ventured into music production full time, tnx for d plugins u sent 2me. i have been reading somewhere dat presonus studio one v3 does not support wave plugins. i want to upgrade to v3 by first trying out dia 30 days trial version dz week. how far_are you on version 3? currently. i like d gui customization features it inspire creative flow. i await ur reply n contact no.
Re: Professional Studio Engineers Only, Read Please. by overboard(m): 12:46am On Feb 29, 2016
gsmlogic42:
longest time my friend. i now go by d name_flaky ray# jst ventured into music production full time, tnx for d plugins u sent 2me. i have been reading somewhere dat presonus studio one v3 does not support wave plugins. i want to upgrade to v3 by first trying out dia 30 days trial version dz week. how far_are you on version 3? currently. i like d gui customization features it inspire creative flow. i await ur reply n contact no.

Waves Bundles (at least Complete 7 and 9) work just fine in Studio One and yes, I'm on v3, awesome! I'm totally sold on Presonus mehn. \

Mail your number to richgamutonline@yahoo.com - don't want to put up digits here.

Post that you have sent youR number here as I check NL more than that particular mail, LoL!
Re: Professional Studio Engineers Only, Read Please. by overboard(m): 12:48am On Feb 29, 2016
@ChiomaUdemba, how far with your boys na, dem don dey mix well without the Micheal Jackson soundcard?
Re: Professional Studio Engineers Only, Read Please. by Flashysounds: 6:22am On Feb 29, 2016
Get your song recorded for as low as #8000 which includes mixing and mastering with quality production guaranteed with free online promotion and hypes on facebook and twitter. You can also contact us for our cheap and affordable services like advert placements,logo/graphics design,website creation,jingle recordings,Mixing and Mastering,caller tune,radio/tv promotion,alaba mixtape/selection,online promotion,event packaging/shows,video editing,video shooting/coverage,voice overs, training on how to become a professional music producer, training on musical instruments of your choice, voice training and other Entertainment services. . . all at cheaper and affordable fees you can't resist.

INTERESTED?
For bookings and enquiries,do Whatsapp Or Call 09098639991. We are here to render to you the best of quality service. Try us and you'll never regret you did.
Re: Professional Studio Engineers Only, Read Please. by beatsbyflakyray: 6:44pm On Mar 01, 2016
overboard:
@ChiomaUdemba, how far with your boys na, dem don dey mix well without the Micheal Jackson soundcard?
very funny lol, bro i already sent you my contact via ur email, hope u got it.
Re: Professional Studio Engineers Only, Read Please. by overboard(m): 6:44am On Mar 03, 2016
beatsbyflakyray:
very funny lol, bro i already sent you my contact via ur email, hope u got it.

OK. Will check and call you.

AUDIO: Akon – When I See You / DOWNLOAD MP3: Corizo – Legend / A Day With Illbliss Dat Ibo Boy:

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51