Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,658 members, 7,813,216 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

Asking For 10years Experience From Young Job Seekers; Wickedness Or Not? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Asking For 10years Experience From Young Job Seekers; Wickedness Or Not? (8582 Views)

Job Seekers In Kaduna Troop Out In Search Of Job Vacancies (Photos) / Job Seekers, Take A cue From Lionel Messi / Ernst & Young Job Recruitment (5 Positions) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Asking For 10years Experience From Young Job Seekers; Wickedness Or Not? by cutebobo(m): 10:43pm On Jan 24, 2016
Originalsly:
With 10 to 15 years experience you wouldn't be mistaking films for firms. Employers are fearful of young inexperienced employees being carefree. ..not diligent enough and this can lead to great losses. Or.. my bad if you were really reacting to what you saw in a Nigerian film.
thanks for the correction. It was a mistake
Re: Asking For 10years Experience From Young Job Seekers; Wickedness Or Not? by raayah(f): 10:45pm On Jan 24, 2016
lxyrul:
They'll tell you job vacancy for a person between the age of 22 to 26, and need 10 years experience. Na which experience they expect?

If to say pure water selling fit add to Cv, e for better

This is hyperbole
Re: Asking For 10years Experience From Young Job Seekers; Wickedness Or Not? by Khan1993: 11:09pm On Jan 24, 2016
Cutehector:
My brother relax... nobody remains unemployed forever. Mbanunu!
ok sit back home and wait for a job. You go old for house
Re: Asking For 10years Experience From Young Job Seekers; Wickedness Or Not? by Khan1993: 11:11pm On Jan 24, 2016
cutebobo:
I really don't understand Nigeria films these days. Why on earth will you be asking for 10 to 15 years of experience from young people seeking for job?

I believe these fellows should be employed then trained in the line of that management. I think it only banks that train fresh job seekers while others are lacking in that.

What's your view(s) to this?
film or firm
Re: Asking For 10years Experience From Young Job Seekers; Wickedness Or Not? by Mekzmoney(m): 11:20pm On Jan 24, 2016
Correct him and stop mocking the young man... Abi u never make any mistake in ur life? angry
Originalsly:
With 10 to 15 years experience you wouldn't be mistaking films for firms. Employers are fearful of young inexperienced employees being carefree. ..not diligent enough and this can lead to great losses. Or.. my bad if you were really reacting to what you saw in a Nigerian film.
... No offense pls.
Re: Asking For 10years Experience From Young Job Seekers; Wickedness Or Not? by cutebobo(m): 11:25pm On Jan 24, 2016
Khan1993:
film or firm
Firm. Sorry for the mistake.
Re: Asking For 10years Experience From Young Job Seekers; Wickedness Or Not? by cutebobo(m): 11:27pm On Jan 24, 2016
Mekzmoney:
Correct him and stop mocking the young man... Abi u never make any mistake in ur life? angry ... No offense pls.
. Thank you friend. It was a mistake and I have tried to correct it but to no avail

1 Like

Re: Asking For 10years Experience From Young Job Seekers; Wickedness Or Not? by Mekzmoney(m): 12:04am On Jan 25, 2016
It can't be corrected. As long as u ve sent it.
cutebobo:
. Thank you friend. It was a mistake and I have tried to correct it but to no avail
.. Don't bother urself. We knw dat it was a mistake. Dats Y most of us ignored it. What matters is that u ve passed ur msg across to us and we understood.
Re: Asking For 10years Experience From Young Job Seekers; Wickedness Or Not? by Originalsly: 12:21am On Jan 25, 2016
Mekzmoney:
Correct him and stop mocking the young man... Abi u never make any mistake in ur life? angry ... No offense pls.
You were sure it was a mistake.... good for you... I was not. It can be either. The point is employers are wary of such mistakes that are more likely to be made by inexperienced employees.... mistakes that can be a game changer...in the same way that mistaking film for firm can completely change the point of this thread. @Op...press modify, make the correction then press submit so others coming after would be clear on the your point.
Re: Asking For 10years Experience From Young Job Seekers; Wickedness Or Not? by airsaylongcon: 12:31am On Jan 25, 2016
Truth is most recruitment agencies use this to cut down on the number of applications. I'm in supply chain management for FMCG. The volume of experience gained in one year working in the distribution centre (big name for warehouse) of a multinational manufacturer is almost equivalent to 5 years for a local manufacturer. I once applied for warehouse manager for a local manufacturer with only two years experience in warehousing at a multinational. I was offered the job despite a 10 year experience requirement. I turned down the offer due to pay and working conditions
Re: Asking For 10years Experience From Young Job Seekers; Wickedness Or Not? by DICKtator: 2:32am On Jan 25, 2016
What are some people even saying on this thread?

While I haven't seen 10yrs experience for entry level, I have seen 3-5 yrs experience.

What I feel,in my opinion, this implies (and if you're smart!!) Is that those 3-5years experience counts as experiences during your undergraduate years either what/when you learned in school and/or volunteering/non-paying jobs during those periods.

So when you see 3-5years entry level, if you were selling recharge cards during your undergraduate period,that is sales/marketing experience that should amount to such!!!

I don't agree with Jarus and op talking 10years for entry level!!!

grin grin grin grin
Re: Asking For 10years Experience From Young Job Seekers; Wickedness Or Not? by DICKtator: 2:35am On Jan 25, 2016
airsaylongcon:
Truth is most recruitment agencies use this to cut down on the number of applications. I'm in supply chain management for FMCG. The volume of experience gained in one year working in the distribution centre (big name for warehouse) of a multinational manufacturer is almost equivalent to 5 years for a local manufacturer. I once applied for warehouse manager for a local manufacturer with only two years experience in warehousing at a multinational. I was offered the job despite a 10 year experience requirement. I turned down the offer due to pay and working conditions

You are in supply chain management for a FMCG?

Whatever you worship is your strength!!!!

If you are fat, you're not working!!!

Seriously, how do y'all cope with this responsibility?
grin grin grin grin
Re: Asking For 10years Experience From Young Job Seekers; Wickedness Or Not? by DICKtator: 2:37am On Jan 25, 2016
lxyrul:
They'll tell you job vacancy for a person between the age of 22 to 26, and need 10 years experience. Na which experience they expect?

If to say pure water selling fit add to Cv, e for better

If it is a sales or marketing join, you better add it to your CV!!!!

grin grin grin grin
Re: Asking For 10years Experience From Young Job Seekers; Wickedness Or Not? by calcal: 3:15am On Jan 25, 2016
Those looking for 10-15 years exp should be ready to employ seniors.
Re: Asking For 10years Experience From Young Job Seekers; Wickedness Or Not? by onunwa21(m): 5:26am On Jan 25, 2016
Indirectly telling you, that their is no vacancy....... smiley
Re: Asking For 10years Experience From Young Job Seekers; Wickedness Or Not? by Icon4s(m): 5:50am On Jan 25, 2016
Originalsly:
You were sure it was a mistake.... good for you... I was not. It can be either. The point is employers are wary of such mistakes that are more likely to be made by inexperienced employees.... mistakes that can be a game changer...in the same way that mistaking film for firm can completely change the point of this thread. @Op...press modify, make the correction then press submit so others coming after would be clear on the your point.

Read your last sentence and correct your self. You see, nobody is above mistakes.

@ cutebobo, Jarus just hit d nail on the head.
Re: Asking For 10years Experience From Young Job Seekers; Wickedness Or Not? by Exponental(m): 6:44am On Jan 25, 2016
I have said this sometimes on this forum. Ignore those years and apply. The worst is you won't be called. A colleague had 6months experience during nysc and was later transferred. He applied for a job with 10yrs requirements, he passed d test & got d job. when was leaving, I applied, with my 2yrs experience. I got the job.
Re: Asking For 10years Experience From Young Job Seekers; Wickedness Or Not? by onyowo(f): 8:37am On Jan 25, 2016
It's so annoying.....that is y force work sure pass sef....mtewwww
Re: Asking For 10years Experience From Young Job Seekers; Wickedness Or Not? by CallCTrainer: 8:51am On Jan 25, 2016
Get certified as a Call Centre and Contact Centre Professional

www.b2oconsulting.com

Re: Asking For 10years Experience From Young Job Seekers; Wickedness Or Not? by Hallexander(m): 9:14am On Jan 25, 2016
Its more like asking for meat from a fish, or asking for shit from a mosquito, #justsaying
Re: Asking For 10years Experience From Young Job Seekers; Wickedness Or Not? by Nobody: 10:27am On Jan 25, 2016
DICKtator:
What are some people even saying on this thread?

While I haven't seen 10yrs experience for entry level, I have seen 3-5 yrs experience.

What I feel,in my opinion, this implies (and if you're smart!!) Is that those 3-5years experience counts as experiences during your undergraduate years either what/when you learned in school and/or volunteering/non-paying jobs during those periods.

So when you see 3-5years entry level, if you were selling recharge cards during your undergraduate period,that is sales/marketing experience that should amount to such!!!

I don't agree with Jarus and op talking 10years for entry level!!!

grin grin grin grin

Some companies, like Shell, still count 3 years experience and below as entry level, so they say 0-3 years experience. That doesn't stop the guy with 0 year experience. Only that he will be competing with those that have 0, 1, 2, 3 years experience. While experience in a corporate setting may give the guy with say 2 years experience edge, as he may be familiar with interview process and corporate psychology to boost his performance in interview, it is not automatic that he will get the job ahead of thezero experience guy.

In 2008, my friend that just came back from NYSC (zero experience) competed with folks with 1,2,3 years experience from PwC, KPMG etc and still got the job. All of them on the same pedestal.

Usually, where they say 3, they have 0 as lower limit. But where they 3-5 years, that's no longer an entry level.
Re: Asking For 10years Experience From Young Job Seekers; Wickedness Or Not? by Mekzmoney(m): 8:17pm On Jan 25, 2016
U see? You just made a mistake now. Check d last line of ur txt. grin grin grin. Bye.
Originalsly:
Re: Asking For 10years Experience From Young Job Seekers; Wickedness Or Not? by Originalsly: 1:51am On Jan 26, 2016
Mekzmoney:
U see? You just made a mistake now. Check d last line of ur txt. grin grin grin. Bye.
Bro... I do make mistakes... in almost every post... is this the first time you can recognize one?... then cheers!...Hennessey or Bailey's?!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Welding Or Truck Driving / Nigeria Shipper Council Recruitment: Any Information? / Shoprite Invite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.