Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,122 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:34 AM

Bitten By A Centipede - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Bitten By A Centipede (1385 Views)

Young Boy Dies After Being Bitten By Snake In A Primary School In Delta. Photos / Tongue Of A Woman Bitten By A Poisonous Spider (Graphic Photos) / Young Girl Lands In A Hospital After Being Bitten By A Venomous Snake. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bitten By A Centipede by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jan 21, 2016
Guys, I just got bitten by a centipede now and I'm feeling a localised pain at the site of the bite. Although, from little online research I found out that their venom is non lethal to humans, but pains could last several days if not treated. pls, I need your suggestions on what to do to relieve the pain. Doctors pls your attention would be highly appreciated.
Re: Bitten By A Centipede by Nobody: 12:16am On Jan 22, 2016
Sorry. See a doc.
Re: Bitten By A Centipede by Elosky20: 12:31am On Jan 22, 2016
u should be in a clinic by nw. b4 it will turn to stretcher matter o
Re: Bitten By A Centipede by emeraldknytt(m): 12:38am On Jan 22, 2016
i am not a doctor. Just as the N'ler above me suggest, go see a doctor. However, get to use drug(s) that relieve(s) pain plus drink plenty of water, when thirsty (for the need of flushing it out.
PS: you can perform the aforementioned procedure only if the centi was not from your village witches.
Nuthin to worry about; God is bigger than all of vem
Re: Bitten By A Centipede by surelove(f): 12:56am On Jan 22, 2016
Don't worry you will be fine. Had same experience while serving the fulanis around gave me onions to eat and the pains disappeared.
Re: Bitten By A Centipede by emmchi(m): 1:00am On Jan 22, 2016
Look for menthol and rob on the affected area and monitor for a day,but if the pain gets worse then better see a doctor.
Re: Bitten By A Centipede by Nobody: 1:07am On Jan 22, 2016
The pain has subsided after less than two hours. I'll see a doctor in the morning as I can't get one this night . I think I'll be fine in the morning. thanks for your advice
Re: Bitten By A Centipede by Nobody: 1:10am On Jan 22, 2016
surelove:
Don't worry you will be fine. Had same experience while serving the fulanis around gave me onions to eat and the pains disappeared.

I'll probably follow your lead. onions and water grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Rabbits- The New Super Meat / Is There A Danger From "Poisoned Beans" Now? / How Can Eczema Be Treated?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.