Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,323 members, 7,819,103 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Fake News Article Claimed That Donald Trump Would Deport All Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fake News Article Claimed That Donald Trump Would Deport All Nigerians (1168 Views)

Lai Mohammed Slams FFK & Fayose, Warns Nigerians On Fake News Regarding Buhari / Lekan Fatodu Leads Anti-Fake News Protesters To Sahara Reporters Office (Photos) / Top 5 Things That Trump Would Do With Nigeria - Cramjones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fake News Article Claimed That Donald Trump Would Deport All Nigerians by OnReflection: 9:28am On Jan 22, 2016
Muslims, Mexicans, and Nigerians, Oh My

A fake news article claimed that Donald Trump would deport all Nigerians if he were elected president.

CLAIM: Donald Trump said that he will deport all Nigerians if he gets elected president.

Donald Trump on Nigerians? Did he really say this?

American Billionaire and Republican Presidential Front-runner, Donald Trump, has shot a subtle warning to the Nigerian Community in the United States, after he said all Nigerians would be made to leave the country “when he becomes President”. He made the “threat” during a rally at Wichita, Kansas.

According to Donald Trump, Nigerians ad Mexicans have taken all the jobs meant for honest hard working Americans.

“To Make America great again, we need to get rid of the Muslims, Mexicans and the Africans, especially the Nigerians. They take all our jobs, jobs meant for honest hard working Americans, and when we don’t give them the jobs, the Muslims blow us up”, Trump said.

“We need to get the Africans out. Not the blacks, the Africans. Especially the Nigerians. They’re everywhere. I went for a rally in Alaska and met just one African in the entire state. Where was he from? Nigeria! He’s in Alaska taking our jobs. They’re in Houston taking our jobs. Why can’t they stay in their own country? Why? I’ll tell you why. Because they are corrupt."

The above-displayed quote appeared on several disreputable web sites in mid-January 2016, but it was originally published by "FNN" on the web site Payges. While Payges does not include a disclaimer labeling this article as a work of fiction, a discussion on the Nairaland Forum revealed that FNN stood for "Fake Nigeria News."

Additionally, Trump did not have a rally in Wichita, Kansas, as alleged by the above-quoted article, at any point in January 2016. The quote has also not been recorded by any major publications at any point.

In sum, this is nothing more than yet another fictional quote falsely attributed to a politician.

LAST UPDATED: 18 January 2016

ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED: 18 January 2016

Source:http://www.snopes.com/donald-trump-nigeria-quote
Re: Fake News Article Claimed That Donald Trump Would Deport All Nigerians by OnReflection: 9:30am On Jan 22, 2016
Yet more fake news.... grin

This one has not quite appeared yet grin
Viviangist, where are thou?

January 22, 2016

BUHARI REPLIES TRUMP – “I WILL REPATRIATE EVERY SINGLE AMERICAN IN NIGERIA

President Muhammadu Buhari has finally given in to pressure from different quarters by replying the statements made recently by American Presidential Hopeful, Donald Trump concerning Nigerians.

Speaking to journalists in the United Arab Emirates, President Buhari had a simple reply to Donald Trump.

“He says he will pursue all my people out of America. No problem. I wish him well at the forthcoming elections. But if he thinks he can threaten my people, then I don’t think he understands who I am and what I am capable of”. President Buhari told newsmen.

“He should go and ask the family of Umaru Dikko. he should ask the Mossad about me. If he threatens my people, how does he think the Americans in Nigeria will be safe?”

The President went on to issue a warning to all Americans resident in Nigeria, both on temporary and permanent basis.

“I hope all of you are praying this man loses. because if he wins, all of you, from embassy to the streets, will be sent home. And don’t discount the probability that your plane might not land exactly in America. That is all I can say for now”.

Donald Trump could not be reached for comments as at press time. However, Hilary Clinton and Bernie Sanders, both Democratic Hopefuls, and Dr. Ben Carson and Ted Cruz of the GOP, have reached out to President Buhari, reassuring him that if they win, none of Mr. Trump’s threats will come to fruition.

Source: http://nigeriacamera.net/54378-2/
Re: Fake News Article Claimed That Donald Trump Would Deport All Nigerians by OnReflection: 9:31am On Jan 22, 2016
I hope Seun and his mods understand just how much standards have been allowed to drop.

1 Like

Re: Fake News Article Claimed That Donald Trump Would Deport All Nigerians by theV0ice: 9:33am On Jan 22, 2016
I no fit laugh abeg cheesy cheesy cheesy

There are some 'news' you don't jump into when they 'break'. You take your time to really investigate if it really happened.

So they even reported that Buhari 'threatened' Trump?? grin

Na motor park dem dey? grin
Re: Fake News Article Claimed That Donald Trump Would Deport All Nigerians by pharmagba: 9:33am On Jan 22, 2016
In any case to all Nigeria, start making plan B

No dull yourselves. Come home and build Nigeria.
Re: Fake News Article Claimed That Donald Trump Would Deport All Nigerians by modath(f): 9:36am On Jan 22, 2016
Oh em gee!!!! Why are people like this? sad undecided

I never gave any attention to either of both reports, couldn't reconcile them as no reputable media of communnication (let's say American media were cat napping) picked up any of the stories...

Most bloggers are headed straight for HELL!! undecided
Re: Fake News Article Claimed That Donald Trump Would Deport All Nigerians by ayobase(m): 10:04am On Jan 22, 2016
Let's be careful of what we bring to FP.
Re: Fake News Article Claimed That Donald Trump Would Deport All Nigerians by talktimi(m): 10:24am On Jan 22, 2016
You mean people actually believed both articles? Idíotas everywhere in this country undecided
Re: Fake News Article Claimed That Donald Trump Would Deport All Nigerians by babyfaceafrica: 10:25am On Jan 22, 2016
Bloggers are heartless,all they care about is money not facts!!!

(1) (Reply)

PHOTO NEWS: Check If Your State Was Represented At The PDP National Convention / Throw Back Pix Of Asiwaju Tinubu & Dele Momodu In The 90s / Court Strikes Out Deziani’s Name In Corruption charge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.