Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,797 members, 7,820,794 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala (3948 Views)

Femi Aribisala: "First Fruit, 419 Pastors Salivating For Your January Salary" / Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala / Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief - Femi Aribisala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala by Haykay80(m): 12:14pm On Jan 22, 2016
Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes is a Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala

Popular pastor and public affairs analyst, Femi Aribisala has berated the act of collecting tithes by their churches which he believes is not biblical.
As far as many pastors are concerned, the most important scripture of all is not to be found in the word of Jesus. Neither is it even in the New Testament. That scripture says: “‘Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house, and try me now in this,’ says the LORD of hosts, ‘If I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you such blessing that there will not be room enough to receive it.’” (Malachi 3:10).
This scripture is drummed repeatedly into Christians on Sundays. However, the only time Jesus mentioned tithing in scripture, he pointed out that it was not a weighty matter of the law. (Matthew 23:23). Hebrews says people only receive tithes “according to the law.” (Hebrews 7:5). It then insists tithing (and everything else under the law) has been annulled: “The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless.” (Hebrews 7:18-19). Nevertheless, mercenary pastors continue to insist on the payment of tithes.
Latter-day Pharisees
Jesus rebuked the Pharisees for keeping part instead of the whole law. (Matthew 23:23). That is what tithe-collecting pastors do today. If we insist our congregants must pay tithes, we must also insist that they keep the rest of the law. James says: “Whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all.” (James 2:10). Therefore, if we insist on tithing, we should also refrain from eating pork. We should stone adulterers, execute homosexuals, kill Sabbath violators and restore blood-sacrifices.
Tithe-collecting pastors counter this by maintaining the payment of tithes pre-dated the law. Here Abraham is cited as the cardinal example of someone who paid tithes before the promulgation of the Law of Moses, as did Jacob, his grandson. However, such arguments are disingenuous.
Before the law, tithing was at best an example but not a commandment. Moreover, pastors fail to mention that Abraham only tithed once in his lifetime. When he did, he did not even tithe his own money: he tithed the spoils of war. He gave ten percent of the plunder he took when he rescued Lot to Melchisedec, king of Salem. But then he did not even keep the rest but returned it (all ninety percent) to the king of Sodom.
For his part, Jacob also tithed only once. He did this in a “let’s make a deal” arrangement he offered to God: “Jacob made a vow, saying, ‘If God will be with me, and keep me in this way that I am going, and give me bread to eat and clothing to put on, so that I come back to my father’s house in peace, then the LORD shall be my God. And this stone which I have set as a pillar shall be God’s house, and of all that you give me I will surely give a tenth to you.’” (Genesis 28:20-22). This kind of deal about accepting God only under certain self-serving conditions should certainly not be a term of reference for any serious believer.
Lies upon lies
The first lie pastors tell Christians is what some have referred to as “the eleventh commandment:” “Thou shalt pay thy tithes to thy local church.” But the bible says no such thing. The storehouse of Malachi was not a church. It was a place where food was kept.
Pastors hide from church-members the fact that money was not acceptable as tithe. The tithe was a tenth of the seed and fruit of the land and of the animals which ate of the land. (Leviticus 27:30-32). That is why God says: “Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be FOOD in my house.” (Malachi 3:10). He does not say “that there may be MONEY in my house.” The food was used to feed the Levites, the poor, widows, orphans and strangers.
Pastors also conveniently fail to teach the biblical tithe. The principles of tithing were not laid down by Malachi. They were laid down by Moses. The study of Moses’ guidelines quickly reveals that the biblical tithe has no application whatsoever to Christians and is mischievously violated by tithe-collecting pastors today.
According to the Law of Moses, the tithe was divided into three allocations. The first year, it was given to the Levite. The second year, it was given to widows, orphans and the poor. The third year, it was eaten in the company of the faithful before the Lord as thanksgiving for his faithfulness. (Deuteronomy 14:22-28). In the seventh year, there was no planting and no reaping and therefore no tithing.
So the next time your pastor asks you to pay tithe, ask him about the seventh-year reprieve. Also ask him if you can give your tithe to the orphanage, or bring it as food items to be eaten in church. Believe me; he will not agree with you because it is your money he is after.
Inapplicability of Tithes
Tithing was only applicable to Jews and to the land of Israel. When large populations of Jews lived in Babylon, Ammon, Moab, Egypt, and Syria, these lands became tithe-able lands. However, tithes were not acceptable from strictly Gentile lands. So you need to ask your pastor how come he is collecting tithes in Nigeria.
Servants or slaves who worked on the land did not tithe because the land did not belong to them. Since only agricultural and animal resources were included, a fisherman gave no tithe of his fisheries. Neither did a miner or a carpenter pay tithes, nor anyone from the various professional occupations. So if you are not a farmer or a keeper of livestock, tell your 419 pastor tithing is biblically inapplicable to you.
Moreover, the only people authorised to receive tithes were the Levites. (Hebrews 7:5). So if your Pastor is a “tithe-collector,” ask him if he happens to be a Jew. Remind him that, even though a Jew, Jesus could not receive the tithe because he was not from the tribe of Levi but from that of Judah.
The trick, of course, is for pastors today to claim we are “Levites.” If your pastor is one such dissembler, ask him if he lives as a Levite. Remind him that Levites had no land and did not have private property. Ask him also how he knows he is from the tribe of Levi, which happens to be one of the lost tribes of Israel. Point out to him that even Jewish rabbis don’t claim to be Levites today because all Jewish genealogical records were lost with the destruction of the Temple in AD 70, ensuring that it is no longer possible to ascertain the true identity of Levites.
Therefore, if Jews no longer tithe because the Levites are a lost tribe, how can Christian pastors collect tithes when we are not even Jewish, how much more Levites? If Jewish rabbis, whose terms of reference remain the Old Testament no longer collect tithes, then pastors who insist Christians are under a New Testament have no business doing so.
The conclusion then is inescapable. Every pastor who collects tithes is nothing but “a thief and a robber.” (John 10:1).

http://www.247nigerianewsupdate.co/2016/01/every-pastor-who-collects-tithes-is.html

13 Likes

Re: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala by mirabel001(f): 12:20pm On Jan 22, 2016
ok...so who suppose 2 collect d tithe?
Re: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala by MrKong: 12:25pm On Jan 22, 2016
Men pay tilth, women pay with their t'its

*in Olamide's voice*

Our pastor o, you dy gbadun o
Re: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jan 22, 2016
cheesy Adeboye, Oyedepo and Oyahkilome are the biggest thieves because they are masters in twisting the bible to enrich themselves. God bless this pastor for saying the truth. cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala by Elosky20: 12:27pm On Jan 22, 2016
well the pastors collect the tithe for God. and then save the money in DIAMOND BANK for him, when it is big enough they will nw take it to God with PRIVATE JET

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jan 22, 2016
Haykay80:

Popular pastor and public affairs analyst, Femi Aribisala has berated the act of collecting tithes by their churches which he believes is not biblical.
As far as many pastors are concerned, the most important scripture of all is not to be found in the word of Jesus. Neither is it even in the New Testament. That scripture says: “‘Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house, and try me now in this,’ says the LORD of hosts, ‘If I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you such blessing that there will not be room enough to receive it.’” (Malachi 3:10).
This scripture is drummed repeatedly into Christians on Sundays. However, the only time Jesus mentioned tithing in scripture, he pointed out that it was not a weighty matter of the law. (Matthew 23:23). Hebrews says people only receive tithes “according to the law.” (Hebrews 7:5). It then insists tithing (and everything else under the law) has been annulled: “The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless.” (Hebrews 7:18-19). Nevertheless, mercenary pastors continue to insist on the payment of tithes.
Latter-day Pharisees
Jesus rebuked the Pharisees for keeping part instead of the whole law. (Matthew 23:23). That is what tithe-collecting pastors do today. If we insist our congregants must pay tithes, we must also insist that they keep the rest of the law. James says: “Whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all.” (James 2:10). Therefore, if we insist on tithing, we should also refrain from eating pork. We should stone adulterers, execute homosexuals, kill Sabbath violators and restore blood-sacrifices.
Tithe-collecting pastors counter this by maintaining the payment of tithes pre-dated the law. Here Abraham is cited as the cardinal example of someone who paid tithes before the promulgation of the Law of Moses, as did Jacob, his grandson. However, such arguments are disingenuous.
Before the law, tithing was at best an example but not a commandment. Moreover, pastors fail to mention that Abraham only tithed once in his lifetime. When he did, he did not even tithe his own money: he tithed the spoils of war. He gave ten percent of the plunder he took when he rescued Lot to Melchisedec, king of Salem. But then he did not even keep the rest but returned it (all ninety percent) to the king of Sodom.
For his part, Jacob also tithed only once. He did this in a “let’s make a deal” arrangement he offered to God: “Jacob made a vow, saying, ‘If God will be with me, and keep me in this way that I am going, and give me bread to eat and clothing to put on, so that I come back to my father’s house in peace, then the LORD shall be my God. And this stone which I have set as a pillar shall be God’s house, and of all that you give me I will surely give a tenth to you.’” (Genesis 28:20-22). This kind of deal about accepting God only under certain self-serving conditions should certainly not be a term of reference for any serious believer.
Lies upon lies
The first lie pastors tell Christians is what some have referred to as “the eleventh commandment:” “Thou shalt pay thy tithes to thy local church.” But the bible says no such thing. The storehouse of Malachi was not a church. It was a place where food was kept.
Pastors hide from church-members the fact that money was not acceptable as tithe. The tithe was a tenth of the seed and fruit of the land and of the animals which ate of the land. (Leviticus 27:30-32). That is why God says: “Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be FOOD in my house.” (Malachi 3:10). He does not say “that there may be MONEY in my house.” The food was used to feed the Levites, the poor, widows, orphans and strangers.
Pastors also conveniently fail to teach the biblical tithe. The principles of tithing were not laid down by Malachi. They were laid down by Moses. The study of Moses’ guidelines quickly reveals that the biblical tithe has no application whatsoever to Christians and is mischievously violated by tithe-collecting pastors today.
According to the Law of Moses, the tithe was divided into three allocations. The first year, it was given to the Levite. The second year, it was given to widows, orphans and the poor. The third year, it was eaten in the company of the faithful before the Lord as thanksgiving for his faithfulness. (Deuteronomy 14:22-28). In the seventh year, there was no planting and no reaping and therefore no tithing.
So the next time your pastor asks you to pay tithe, ask him about the seventh-year reprieve. Also ask him if you can give your tithe to the orphanage, or bring it as food items to be eaten in church. Believe me; he will not agree with you because it is your money he is after.
Tithing was only applicable to Jews and to the land of Israel. When large populations of Jews lived in Babylon, Ammon, Moab, Egypt, and Syria, these lands became tithe-able lands. However, tithes were not acceptable from strictly Gentile lands. So you need to ask your pastor how come he is collecting tithes in Nigeria.
Servants or slaves who worked on the land did not tithe because the land did not belong to them. Since only agricultural and animal resources were included, a fisherman gave no tithe of his fisheries. Neither did a miner or a carpenter pay tithes, nor anyone from the various professional occupations. So if you are not a farmer or a keeper of livestock, tell your 419 pastor tithing is biblically inapplicable to you.
Moreover, the only people authorised to receive tithes were the Levites. (Hebrews 7:5). So if your Pastor is a “tithe-collector,” ask him if he happens to be a Jew. Remind him that, even though a Jew, Jesus could not receive the tithe because he was not from the tribe of Levi but from that of Judah.
The trick, of course, is for pastors today to claim we are “Levites.” If your pastor is one such dissembler, ask him if he lives as a Levite. Remind him that Levites had no land and did not have private property. Ask him also how he knows he is from the tribe of Levi, which happens to be one of the lost tribes of Israel. Point out to him that even Jewish rabbis don’t claim to be Levites today because all Jewish genealogical records were lost with the destruction of the Temple in AD 70, ensuring that it is no longer possible to ascertain the true identity of Levites.
Therefore, if Jews no longer tithe because the Levites are a lost tribe, how can Christian pastors collect tithes when we are not even Jewish, how much more Levites? If Jewish rabbis, whose terms of reference remain the Old Testament no longer collect tithes, then pastors who insist Christians are under a New Testament have no business doing so.
The conclusion then is inescapable. Every pastor who collects tithes is nothing but “a thief and a robber.” (John 10:1).

http://www.247nigerianewsupdate.co/2016/01/every-pastor-who-collects-tithes-is.html
not only robber but career fraudsters who manipulates scriptures for material gains. They are expert in mind games ,psychology and understand the business environment well

1 Like

Re: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala by seunmsg(m): 12:40pm On Jan 22, 2016
For once, I agree with Femi Aribisala, tithe is the biggest scam in the world.

3 Likes

Re: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala by Junior66(m): 12:48pm On Jan 22, 2016
una don hear ba? ok
Re: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala by BeClever: 12:54pm On Jan 22, 2016
Please, can one Pastor dispute this claims with facts.. So we can move on..

Evil Pastors everywhere.. .

This man is a Genius....thank you for this.. .hunger go quench some pastors soon, I have been telling them to go get a job..

2 Likes

Re: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala by Ayoemrys(m): 12:58pm On Jan 22, 2016
you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free,pastors has been decievin the ignorant since 1914,God have mercy

2 Likes

Re: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala by ZKOSOSO(m): 12:58pm On Jan 22, 2016
I like this message!
What an eye opener!!

But it's usually more blessed to GIVE than to RECEIVE!!
Re: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala by aktolly54(m): 1:00pm On Jan 22, 2016
I luv this

1 Like

Re: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala by 7lives: 1:01pm On Jan 22, 2016
I heard this message from Andrew Farley's church without religion, now again from Aribisala what is going on.
COULD TITHE BE THE REASON EVERYBODY IS NOW A PASTOR?.

4 Likes

Re: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala by millhouse: 1:07pm On Jan 22, 2016
7lives:
I heard this message from Andrew Farley's church without religion, now again from Aribisala what is going on.
COULD TITHE BE THE REASON EVERYBODY IS NOW A PASTOR?.
ah... Sunday Sunday money dey sweet ooo.... Jus to wait make people go hustle from Monday to Saturday... Come ur church u gba them all round 10-10%!!!

3 Likes

Re: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala by jhuzcoyle(m): 1:07pm On Jan 22, 2016
TITHE IS BIBLICA. Don't pay your tithe and u will live in penury
Re: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jan 22, 2016
Haykay80:

Latter-day Pharisees
Lies upon lies

You are in the spirit,we are no longer under the LAW
Re: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala by talktimi(m): 1:16pm On Jan 22, 2016
A somewhat old but relevant article and no pastor has been able to dispute what Mr Aribisala said here or challenge his bible quotations. I only urge my fellow Christians to forsake religiosity and focus on the spirituality of being a Christian which also goes for all other religious adherents. Live your life according to the way God wants you to live and not what your preacher says.

That aside, this quote from the richest man in Babylon might interest you

"a tenth of all you earn belongs to the gods" ponder over it, you believe in God be grateful for His blessings and provisions for you.
Re: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala by tsdarkside(m): 1:19pm On Jan 22, 2016
now the real pastors are talking....this demons made gods house to a market-place....

all churches should be transformed to public-toilets..na money dem like,na money dem go get....

#10 to take a piss,#30 to take a shittt in the public-toilet.....
Re: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jan 22, 2016
The Usual Sermon - “If you do not pay your tithe, you're robbing Yahweh and he will allow devourer to devour your money. He will also plague you with sicknesses & incurable diseases.”

Well, I know more than a hundred of people who neither pay tithes nor attend church services, yet they keep waxing strong in health & riches.

The Pastors & G.Os will tell you these people are enjoying their treasures on earth and will suffer in Hell.

I equally know more than a hundred of people who have always paid their tithes & rarely miss church services, yet most of them are poverty stricken paupers. 2 of them were even among the accident victims who died on Benin-Ore express way in 2013 on their way to Lagos.

The Pastors & G.Os will tell you these people are building up their treasures in heaven and will sit at the right hand side of Jesus or on the laps of Jehovah, but when you question the rate at which these Pastorpreneurs are amassing wealth & living in opulence, they will tell you that Yahweh has made a covenant of wealth & riches with them just like he did with Abraham, Isaac & Jacob.

Conclusion:- Tell your fraudulent Pastors & G.Os that their sermons, miracles and prophecies have become contemptible and therefore, no longer satisfies the heart & the brain.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala by BeClever: 1:43pm On Jan 22, 2016
I must share this message a million time till the rest of my life...
Re: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala by Freegift75: 1:55pm On Jan 22, 2016
Nice
Re: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala by F22RAPTOR(m): 2:00pm On Jan 22, 2016
Religion is a scam. As soon as I discovered that truth, I dropped religion and followed Jesus privately. I am not a permanent member of any church, I study my bible like my life depends on it and follow what it says.

4 Likes

Re: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala by tsdarkside(m): 2:07pm On Jan 22, 2016
F22RAPTOR:
Religion is a scam. As soon as I discovered that truth, I dropped religion and followed Jesus privately. I am not a permanent member of any church, I study my bible like my life depends on it and follow what it says.

its the best way to find to god...do it privately....
Re: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jan 22, 2016
I am a Christian but never believe in the message of tithe, it's so Jewish. I don't discouraged those that believe in it but I don't allow people to persuade me either.

3 Likes

Re: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala by 1freshdude: 2:25pm On Jan 22, 2016
seunmsg:
For once, I agree with Femi Aribisala, tithe is the biggest scam in the world.

Not just tithe, but Religion!
Religion is the biggest scam in the world, take away religion and see peoples reasoning and actions improve.

1 Like

Re: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jan 22, 2016
[quote author=F22RAPTOR post=42220754]Religion is a scam. As soon as I discovered that truth, I dropped religion and followed Jesus privately. I am not a permanent member of any church, I study my bible like my life depends on it and follow what it says.

Bro, what u just said is absolute truth, I was a pastor on campus, now I am just a Christian, no church religion almost ruined me.....its all about Jesus not all those religious stuffs

2 Likes

Re: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala by tenderlaw(m): 2:44pm On Jan 22, 2016
This message is what many christians will tag s heresy. That's because most of us have lost the ability for simple and logical reasoning. A few Sundays ago the church I attend(mind you, I didn't say my church) shared tithe cards compulsorily to all members. I simply left mine in d car. You can force me to collect card, but unless you have a gun in your hand you can't force me to pay. Thank you Femi.

3 Likes

Re: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala by Emeraldcute(f): 2:47pm On Jan 22, 2016
this man is trying to make sense @ all cost
Re: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala by NOETHNICITY(m): 2:56pm On Jan 22, 2016
Now wey me wan go open my own church nae this man con dey talk this kind tin! Spoiling market! If maga no fall how guy man go chop?
Re: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala by teekay213(m): 3:54pm On Jan 22, 2016
have never and i will never pay tithle since i have known jesus never mentioned it in the new testament.
Re: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala by Fraih(f): 4:00pm On Jan 22, 2016
uselessgoat:
cheesy Adeboye, Oyedepo and Oyahkilome are the biggest thieves because they are masters in twisting the bible to enrich themselves. God bless this pastor for saying the truth. cool
Indeed, you Rep your moniker undecided
Re: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala by AkpanUnanam(m): 4:10pm On Jan 22, 2016
This is new year revolution?

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Would Happen To Cremated People On Judgment day? / Why Did Jesus Have To Die? / Jesus Christ Is Not Coming Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.