Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,722 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:06 PM

The Rat Guys Killed And Ate At Garki Abuja (Photos) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Rat Guys Killed And Ate At Garki Abuja (Photos) (59093 Views)

A Nairalander Caught A Big Python, Cooked It And Ate It With His Family (Photos) / The Crocodile My Mechanic Killed And Ate This Morning / The Rat I And My Younger Brother Killed And Ate Today (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Rat Guys Killed And Ate At Garki Abuja (Photos) by favoredc: 3:53pm On Jan 22, 2016
Rabit and not rat.bush rabit has long tail.ibo call it ewii
supersun1:
Lassa Fever Alert, Need Urgent Response!!!

Few minutes ago, While drinking water before I left a garden somewhere in Garki Abuja‎ where I just had lunch. I saw 3 young men holding a huge live rat they just caught in the garden. Out of curiosity, I asked them if they were aware of Lassa fever and to my greatest surprise they knew nothing of such. From a distance, I watched them slaughter the rat, smoke it and proceeded into the kitchen where the food I ate came from. 
This is a clear evidence that the publicity and enlightenment campaign given to the disease is below sufficient. I'm starting to believe what a caller on radio said some days back; that unlike Ebola, the poor are more vulnerable to Lassa fever hence the government won't give it adequate attention.‎

Meanwhile, I just had lunch in this garden, and starting to get worried if I may have contacted the disease, and I'm picking up my daughter from school in another 2 hours. Please guys can one get tested for Lassa fever like you get tested for HIV

Lalasticlala please ask your doctor friends in the house to respond!!! If possible Front Page this!!!

Photos of the Rat and it's captors are attached.
Re: The Rat Guys Killed And Ate At Garki Abuja (Photos) by hertz9te(m): 3:54pm On Jan 22, 2016
perry2020:
Area 2 garden sad sad sad sad shocked shocked
thought d same
Re: The Rat Guys Killed And Ate At Garki Abuja (Photos) by sen8or(m): 3:57pm On Jan 22, 2016
supersun1:
Lassa Fever Alert, Need Urgent Response!!!

Few minutes ago, While drinking water before I left a garden somewhere in Garki Abuja‎ where I just had lunch. I saw 3 young men holding a huge live rat they just caught in the garden. Out of curiosity, I asked them if they were aware of Lassa fever and to my greatest surprise they knew nothing of such. From a distance, I watched them slaughter the rat, smoke it and proceeded into the kitchen where the food I ate came from. 
This is a clear evidence that the publicity and enlightenment campaign given to the disease is below sufficient. I'm starting to believe what a caller on radio said some days back; that unlike Ebola, the poor are more vulnerable to Lassa fever hence the government won't give it adequate attention.‎

Meanwhile, I just had lunch in this garden, and starting to get worried if I may have contacted the disease, and I'm picking up my daughter from school in another 2 hours. Please guys can one get tested for Lassa fever like you get tested for HIV

Lalasticlala please ask your doctor friends in the house to respond!!! If possible Front Page this!!!

That's not lassa fever rat
Re: The Rat Guys Killed And Ate At Garki Abuja (Photos) by JakesJ(m): 3:59pm On Jan 22, 2016
Abeg Come Ooo, nah every thing dem go post 4 this Nairaland Even Do Person Should Poo! It'll Be Uploaded To The Site For Discussion! !! Too Bad! !! !!!
Re: The Rat Guys Killed And Ate At Garki Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 22, 2016
And that's what you ate-
Re: The Rat Guys Killed And Ate At Garki Abuja (Photos) by fart: 4:07pm On Jan 22, 2016
End time mumus
Re: The Rat Guys Killed And Ate At Garki Abuja (Photos) by ednut1(m): 4:07pm On Jan 22, 2016
Lassa host na dose small rats not dese
Re: The Rat Guys Killed And Ate At Garki Abuja (Photos) by Akerry(m): 4:10pm On Jan 22, 2016
ayusco85:

Kerry I know say u dey chop rat up till now. Fear lassa fever o, I no Sabi cry o. In case u chop come kick jerry-can
your lacrimal gland damage ni? BTW, i no dey chop any animal that start with R and end with T.....
Re: The Rat Guys Killed And Ate At Garki Abuja (Photos) by cele360: 4:14pm On Jan 22, 2016
this rat's them go do meeting? na so d time way Ebola they nobody agree to eat rat or rabbit again, now na lasser fever, we still they fear to eat rat or rabbit na wa o, everything God has created is beautiful and good to eat according to d bible just give God thanks for availability and go ahead to eat
Re: The Rat Guys Killed And Ate At Garki Abuja (Photos) by ZACHIE: 4:20pm On Jan 22, 2016
mrking3:
That's Grass cutter Bro!

That`s ignorance, bro.

okete is not grasscutter
Re: The Rat Guys Killed And Ate At Garki Abuja (Photos) by Etizz: 4:28pm On Jan 22, 2016
Dat is what we call rabbit In naija here..... Lol
Re: The Rat Guys Killed And Ate At Garki Abuja (Photos) by ilyas26(m): 4:43pm On Jan 22, 2016
Rat protein
Re: The Rat Guys Killed And Ate At Garki Abuja (Photos) by ayusco85(m): 4:46pm On Jan 22, 2016
Akerry:
your lacrimal gland damage ni? BTW, i no dey chop any animal that start with R and end with T.....

Why u come dey admire the rat?
Re: The Rat Guys Killed And Ate At Garki Abuja (Photos) by Adenle041(m): 4:46pm On Jan 22, 2016
Abeg my people number be something go kill man
Re: The Rat Guys Killed And Ate At Garki Abuja (Photos) by Bimpe29: 4:57pm On Jan 22, 2016
What a big rodent? Okete nla! Hmmn! Apparently, they are really unaware of Lassa fever. You can imagine people in the heart of capital city, Abuja unawares of this deadly disease how much more the residents elsewhere.
Re: The Rat Guys Killed And Ate At Garki Abuja (Photos) by jtjohn(m): 5:05pm On Jan 22, 2016
this rabbit and not Lassa rat.........lassa rat are those long mouth rat.
Re: The Rat Guys Killed And Ate At Garki Abuja (Photos) by bigtt76(f): 5:06pm On Jan 22, 2016
Lol ...nor bi dis kain rat de cause lassa fever joooooor! Na those ones wen de house grin
Re: The Rat Guys Killed And Ate At Garki Abuja (Photos) by Akerry(m): 5:24pm On Jan 22, 2016
ayusco85:

Why u come dey admire the rat?
is it a sin to admire a rat?
Re: The Rat Guys Killed And Ate At Garki Abuja (Photos) by bigfrancis21: 5:27pm On Jan 22, 2016
supersun1:

Isn't this grass-cutter or squirrel instead? Maybe you're confusing grass-cutter/squirrel for rat.
Re: The Rat Guys Killed And Ate At Garki Abuja (Photos) by Eronmosele(m): 6:10pm On Jan 22, 2016
supersun1:

The mastomys rat which harbours the virus that causes lassa fever is a much smaller rat than that one. It is a rat with about 12 rows of nipples on either side of the abdomen stretching between the front and back legs. It's only the mastomys species that harbour the virus. The picture I have attached is a good specimen of the rat showing the mammary glands and giving an idea of its size. Test for the lassa virus is cumbersome and only VERY few labs (last time I checked only three) run the definitive test in Nigeria which is unlike the case with HIV.

1 Like

Re: The Rat Guys Killed And Ate At Garki Abuja (Photos) by ayusco85(m): 6:44pm On Jan 22, 2016
Akerry:
is it a sin to admire a rat?
Brb lemme as Jesus.
Re: The Rat Guys Killed And Ate At Garki Abuja (Photos) by anzaku47(m): 7:02pm On Jan 22, 2016
That is cane rat now
Re: The Rat Guys Killed And Ate At Garki Abuja (Photos) by Excellentmind: 7:31pm On Jan 22, 2016
supersun1:

This is RABBIT and not rat as you posited in your article. There is a clear difference between them and you must make efforts to find out that and stop spreading falsehood to the callow minds in NL.
Re: The Rat Guys Killed And Ate At Garki Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 22, 2016
This is a giant African rat or a gambian pouched rat..the Yorubas call it Okete; it is a highly intelligent animal sometimes trained to detect landmines and early stage tuberculosis. It has the personality of a dog as it is a highly social animal, more like a mouse than a rat; it doesn't bite man for some reason and is now highly sought after as a house hold pet because of its gentle personality and high intelligence.
Re: The Rat Guys Killed And Ate At Garki Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jan 22, 2016
supersun1:

grass cutter u dey call rat? Nothing will happen to them angry
Re: The Rat Guys Killed And Ate At Garki Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jan 22, 2016
Bimpe29:
What a big rodent? Okete nla! Hmmn! Apparently, they are really unaware of Lassa fever. You can imagine people in the heart of capital city, Abuja unawares of this deadly disease how much more the residents elsewhere.
grass cutter not rat, this one don't cause lassa disease
Re: The Rat Guys Killed And Ate At Garki Abuja (Photos) by hamilton62(m): 8:02pm On Jan 22, 2016
Akerry:
there is nothing wrong with dat rat joor..... sojiboy and ayusco85 come and see
Please, that is a grasscutter ...
Re: The Rat Guys Killed And Ate At Garki Abuja (Photos) by chrish2i: 8:11pm On Jan 22, 2016
Na rabbit be that na... check the bears
Re: The Rat Guys Killed And Ate At Garki Abuja (Photos) by Softwarriboy(m): 8:29pm On Jan 22, 2016
Bros u fall hand die, so u nor know d difference btw grass cutter( rabbit) and Rat what a shame
Re: The Rat Guys Killed And Ate At Garki Abuja (Photos) by doubled123(m): 9:09pm On Jan 22, 2016
As I don look this rat for picture... shey no be say I don catch Lassa fever sad
Re: The Rat Guys Killed And Ate At Garki Abuja (Photos) by jagagbosa(m): 9:10pm On Jan 22, 2016
This na bush rabbit not rat for those that don't know the difference if you can see the white part at the end of the tail that is the difference btw a rat and a bush rabbit...
Re: The Rat Guys Killed And Ate At Garki Abuja (Photos) by Sirpluv: 9:28pm On Jan 22, 2016
killed and eaten 6hrs ago. . . am still observing my body temperature though

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Food Should I Eat To Get A Little Bit Fat? / Fisherman Caught A Manatee In Akassa, Brass, Bayelsa State (Photos) / World Jollof Rice Day: The Creativity Of Jollof Rice In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.