Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,425 members, 7,836,692 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

The Best Road In Nigeria Is In Asaba, Delta State. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Best Road In Nigeria Is In Asaba, Delta State. (2473 Views)

Aftermath Of Heavy Rainfall In Asaba, Delta State (Photos) / 10 Cities With The Best Road Infrastructure In Nigeria-opinion / When Will We Have This Type Of Road In Nigeria ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Road In Nigeria Is In Asaba, Delta State. by 4giveand4get: 3:01pm On Jan 22, 2016
ODUKE/S.I.O ROAD, ASABA DELTA STATE. THIS ROAD IS OPPOSITE FEDERAL COLLEGE ROAD BY ASABA-BENIN EXPRESSWAY. IN FEW WEEKS TO COME {THAT IS RAINY SEASON}, RESIDENTS OF ODUKE, ASABA DELTA STATE WILL STOP GOING OUT FOR THEIR DAY TO DAY ACTIVITIES DUE TO BAD ROAD. ALL RESIDENTS WILL START TO STAY INDOORS FROM MORNING TO NIGHT. THE WORST PART IS THAT THERE IS NO GOVERNMENT ESTABLISHMENT IN THIS AREA, RESIDENTS HAVE TO CROSS ASABA-BENIN EXPRESSWAY FOR EVERYTHING THEY NEED. ALMOST ALL STUDENTS FROM THIS AREA WILL STOP GOING TO SCHOOL BECAUSE OF NO ACCESS ROAD. MOST RESIDENTS HAVE LOST ONE OR TWO LOVED ONES DURING RAINY SEASON DUE TO LACK OF ACCESS ROAD TO HOSPITAL. AS A MATTER OF FACT, IF THE PRESENT GOVERNMENT OF DELTA STATE FAILS TO GRADE OR TAR THE ROAD NOW,THERE IS EVERY TENDENCY THAT MANY MORE CHILDREN WILL DIE IN ODUKE AREA THIS YEAR...GOD FORBID. THE ROAD IS JUST ONE ACCESS FOR RESIDENTS TO HOSPITAL, SCHOOL AND OTHER ACTIVITIES. THE MOST ANNOYING PART IS THAT THE ROAD HAS A CONTRACT SIGN POST SHOWING THAT THE ROAD CONSTRUCTION CONTRACT HAS BEEN AWARDED FOR OVER 8 YEARS BUT NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE ON THE ROAD. THIS ROAD IS SUPPOSE TO BE A DUAL CARRIAGE WAY BECAUSE OF THE SIZE OF THE ROAD AND IT WILL SERVE AS GOOD DRAINAGE CHANNEL FOR ALL THE ROADS WITHIN ASABA AS THE ROAD IS SO BIG AND RUNS DOWN TO A CANAL THAT LINKS TO RIVER NIGER AFTER THE POWER LINE. UNFORTUNATELY, DUE TO LACK OF GOVERNMENT PRESENCE, PEOPLE ARE NOW ENCROACHING ON THE ROAD, BUILDING HOUSES, STORE ETC. THIS ROAD WILL BE A VERY GOOD ACCESS TO OKWE, OKO, SECOND NIGER BRIDGE ROAD, IBUZO ETC, IF CONSTRUCTED. THIS IS A VERY SERIOUS ISSUE, H.E SENATOR {DR} IFEANYICHUKWU OKOWA PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE ISSUE OR EXPECT MORE HEALTH MENACE FROM ODUKE THIS YEAR. MOREOVER, ODUKE IS NOW THE BIGGEST HIDEOUT FOR ARMED ROBBERS, CULTISM, MILITANCY, TOUTS, KIDNAPPERS ETC AS POLICE FINDS IT DIFFICULT TO VISIT ODUKE DURING RAINY SEASON.

2 Shares

Re: The Best Road In Nigeria Is In Asaba, Delta State. by 4giveand4get: 3:05pm On Jan 22, 2016
ODUKE/S.I.O ROAD, ASABA DELTA STATE. THIS ROAD IS OPPOSITE FEDERAL COLLEGE ROAD BY ASABA-BENIN EXPRESSWAY.

1 Share

Re: The Best Road In Nigeria Is In Asaba, Delta State. by Okaka27(m): 3:11pm On Jan 22, 2016
Hahhhahahahahahhahahahha!! grin
Re: The Best Road In Nigeria Is In Asaba, Delta State. by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jan 22, 2016
my dearest delta state is among d top 5 richest states and it is still a mess 2a large extent after 16yrs of pdp rule bt still....my people dey follow follow

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Road In Nigeria Is In Asaba, Delta State. by persius555(m): 3:40pm On Jan 22, 2016
Chai!! This is a monumental disgrace. Despite all the oil money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Best Road In Nigeria Is In Asaba, Delta State. by otokx(m): 4:51pm On Jan 22, 2016
Are these recent pictures?

1 Like

Re: The Best Road In Nigeria Is In Asaba, Delta State. by aniomadei: 6:03pm On Jan 22, 2016
This is pathetic. I know S.I.O and federal college road along asaba-benin expressway. It is very bad to have such a bad road within delta state capital and very close to the government house. I believe the new governor will start work on this road immediately. The governor is already working and i believe he will save those residents from impending menace. I will also like to thank the new governor for his effort so far. May God Bless you. I have been to that area during rainy season, that road is truely the worst road within a state capital in Nigeria.
Re: The Best Road In Nigeria Is In Asaba, Delta State. by otokx(m): 6:09pm On Jan 22, 2016
Is that plenty water still there in this dry season or is this some attempt at exaggeration?
Re: The Best Road In Nigeria Is In Asaba, Delta State. by aniomadei: 6:35pm On Jan 22, 2016
otokx:
Is that plenty water still there in this dry season or is this some attempt at exaggeration?
. I think the writer is talking about impending menace during rainy season. The road should be dry by now but he/she is trying to inform the government of the coming rainy season and the likely result if the road is not attended to. And i believe it will be worse this time around because of more damage done to road this dry season. Besides, what is government doing to the contractor awarded the road contract?
Re: The Best Road In Nigeria Is In Asaba, Delta State. by omenka(m): 6:39pm On Jan 22, 2016
Dude got me frankly!!

Was about typing "I think the best roads I've seen are in Akwa Ibom and Kano", but when I saw the first pics, I was like pwahahahahahaha!!! gringrin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Best Road In Nigeria Is In Asaba, Delta State. by 4giveand4get: 12:17am On Jan 23, 2016
omenka:
Dude got me frankly!!

Was about typing "I think the best roads I've seen are in Akwa Ibom and Kano", but when I saw the first pics, I was like pwahahahahahaha!!! gringrin

yes, the road is ok in asaba
Re: The Best Road In Nigeria Is In Asaba, Delta State. by stepone(m): 12:22am On Jan 25, 2016
All i can see is a swamp, dustbin & river
Re: The Best Road In Nigeria Is In Asaba, Delta State. by Nobody: 2:53am On Jan 25, 2016
Jesus, Mary and Joseph.shocked

(1) (Reply)

'you Betrayed Tinubu' - Fani-kayode Tells Fashola / IPOB Convoy Leaving After Sucessful Evangelisim On No Election In Anambra State / This Is Why We Love And Follow Nnamdi Kanu.(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.