Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,075 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

How To Answer ‘Tell Me About Yourself’ At A Job Interview - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Answer ‘Tell Me About Yourself’ At A Job Interview (46239 Views)

Jobs Seekers – See Best Way To Answer “why Should We Hire You?” / How To Answer ''Tell Us About Yourself'' When A Recruiter Asks You / This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Answer ‘Tell Me About Yourself’ At A Job Interview by lilyheaven: 11:48pm On Jan 22, 2016
tanx, it was a good information

1 Like

Re: How To Answer ‘Tell Me About Yourself’ At A Job Interview by lonelydora: 12:07am On Jan 23, 2016
Okijajuju1 comes to mind. grin grin grin

Answer.. My Name is Okija Juju, No relation.. cool

Graduate of Alternative Medicine and Supernatural Sciences from the University of Philladelphia in the United States of America.

I have over 10 years experience in alternative medicine, herbology and Superspiritual warfare technology from the Okija Spiritual Company Nigeria Limited where I worked for the first 4 years as an Apprentice Spiritual Engineer in our Herbology department before graduating to our Political Warfare and Fortification department as the Head Engineer in charge. I have worked with various advanced softwares like Otumokpo, Odeshi Version 3.2 and even foreign Softwares like Magun 2.2 amongst others.

I have worked on Various Projects including the 2011 election campaigns, Osisi Kan Nkwu failed project and more.

My expected salary range is 1.5 million and two black fowl and kolanut a month.

Thanks.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Answer ‘Tell Me About Yourself’ At A Job Interview by cybriz82(m): 12:23am On Jan 23, 2016
Employe..Tell me about urself? Me..sir? U say?? Employer..I say tell me abt urself? Me..ok sir am harry sambo dasuki jnr. Employer..ok where do u see urself in 5yr? Me..I see u becoming my personal driver.

Employer..congratulation. Shikena very simple.me no fit enter youtube if I try am my fone go off.

2 Likes

Re: How To Answer ‘Tell Me About Yourself’ At A Job Interview by madjune(m): 3:48am On Jan 23, 2016
jony247:
what about .where do you see yourself in five years time ?

I was once asked that question years ago while seeking employment.

I ended up saying...amongst others; I'd like to head the company or its offshoot.

The boss seemed impressed.

But, I no hear from them again.

3 Likes

Re: How To Answer ‘Tell Me About Yourself’ At A Job Interview by Abiriba1stson: 4:19am On Jan 23, 2016
ok
Re: How To Answer ‘Tell Me About Yourself’ At A Job Interview by franugo(m): 4:22am On Jan 23, 2016
DonUjay:
.Just say Your Surname out Loud and Let Him/Her know that you are not related to Nostradamus

u watch reign? tot me was d only nlander dt watches it...have u watched d latest episode?
Re: How To Answer ‘Tell Me About Yourself’ At A Job Interview by bigfather(m): 5:40am On Jan 23, 2016
GenoMI:
Hi guys!

This week's topic is how to answer the pretty much inevitable 'Tell Me About Yourself' interview question.

I've never attended an interview where ‘Tell me/us a bit about yourself’ wasn’t the first question I got asked, and trust me I’ve attended A LOT of interviews grin grin. I worked with 8 different companies during my Uni days alone. I’ve also moved on to work with many different organisations since graduation. And my experience has been that ‘Tell Me About Yourself’ is FIRST thing I'm asked at an interview.

I initially struggled every time I heard this question because I didn’t realise that recruiters are actually looking for specific information when they ask that question. Yeah, it’s an icebreaker, and an opportunity for them to get to know you a bit better BUT you need to realise that they don’t care about your marital status, state of origin, how many children you have etc grin lipsrsealed (I've heard those things come up in quite a number of interviews as an interviewer).

You want to know why they don't care about that stuff? Because it’s not about you, it’s about them. Let me repeat that sentence – it’s not about you, it’s about them.

In this (short) video, I share a simple formula to help you answer the question like a PRO every single time you hear it cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCIE839mwrc

Thank you very much. So helpful !

1 Like

Re: How To Answer ‘Tell Me About Yourself’ At A Job Interview by Kaylexzy(m): 6:10am On Jan 23, 2016
jony247:

Playing FIFA 2021 grin
Re: How To Answer ‘Tell Me About Yourself’ At A Job Interview by Nobody: 6:10am On Jan 23, 2016
Great video. You're doing a wonderful Job. Keep it up!

1 Like

Re: How To Answer ‘Tell Me About Yourself’ At A Job Interview by ChynoBEATS: 6:49am On Jan 23, 2016
stzy:
U want me 2 enta U tube... Mehn am. Using BIS n U tube aint part of d deal dey cover.

But u can still download the video cant you?
Re: How To Answer ‘Tell Me About Yourself’ At A Job Interview by Nobody: 7:21am On Jan 23, 2016
You people (the interviewers and the prospective employees) have really turned the meaning of English upside down. If I was asked that question and I answered with my name, age, marital status, my schooling, my career progression so far (that's if I'm not a fresh graduate) and lastly tell them a real-life story of what happened when I was 16.....how would you tell me I didn't answer them correctly? I just told them about myself for Pete's sake. If they wanted me to tell them what I can offer their company, they had better worded their question aptly. Y'all just a bunch of crazy oversabi I.T.K mothafuckas! Lol
Re: How To Answer ‘Tell Me About Yourself’ At A Job Interview by blacknumbia123(m): 7:25am On Jan 23, 2016
GenoMI:
Hi guys!

This week's topic is how to answer the pretty much inevitable 'Tell Me About Yourself' interview question.

I've never attended an interview where ‘Tell me/us a bit about yourself’ wasn’t the first question I got asked, and trust me I’ve attended A LOT of interviews grin grin. I worked with 8 different companies during my Uni days alone. I’ve also moved on to work with many different organisations since graduation. And my experience has been that ‘Tell Me About Yourself’ is FIRST thing I'm asked at an interview.

I initially struggled every time I heard this question because I didn’t realise that recruiters are actually looking for specific information when they ask that question. Yeah, it’s an icebreaker, and an opportunity for them to get to know you a bit better BUT you need to realise that they don’t care about your marital status, state of origin, how many children you have etc grin lipsrsealed (I've heard those things come up in quite a number of interviews as an interviewer).

You want to know why they don't care about that stuff? Because it’s not about you, it’s about them. Let me repeat that sentence – it’s not about you, it’s about them.

In this (short) video, I share a simple formula to help you answer the question like a PRO every single time you hear it cheesy nice

Re: How To Answer ‘Tell Me About Yourself’ At A Job Interview by ogunsbanjul(m): 7:26am On Jan 23, 2016
GenoMI:
Hi guys!

In this (short) video, I share a simple formula to help you answer the question like a PRO every single time you hear it cheesy

Re: How To Answer ‘Tell Me About Yourself’ At A Job Interview by czar001(m): 7:27am On Jan 23, 2016
jony247:
Apah Lee! You too like job grin
Re: How To Answer ‘Tell Me About Yourself’ At A Job Interview by donephi(m): 7:28am On Jan 23, 2016
Wow!
Re: How To Answer ‘Tell Me About Yourself’ At A Job Interview by Sike(m): 7:34am On Jan 23, 2016
I need a sure cv sample
Re: How To Answer ‘Tell Me About Yourself’ At A Job Interview by MCRUEMUS: 7:38am On Jan 23, 2016
WHY UTUBE WAHALA. cant u post simple response by typing
Re: How To Answer ‘Tell Me About Yourself’ At A Job Interview by seyimm: 7:39am On Jan 23, 2016
There is nothing like being your own boss.

The secret of how to earn $100 per day revealed. www.nairaland.com/2876973/secret-making-minimum-100-per#42240791
Re: How To Answer ‘Tell Me About Yourself’ At A Job Interview by Nobody: 8:03am On Jan 23, 2016
Emereolevanwill:
faced that question with all the boldness in the world but still didn't land the job. though Am now working in Nairabet.

Hahah...guy u be comedian. Pursue ur talent abeg.
Re: How To Answer ‘Tell Me About Yourself’ At A Job Interview by Nobody: 8:46am On Jan 23, 2016
jony247:

And d employer wil be lyk.... M nt sumbdy dt can c d future..... Bt I hv a Pastor dt use to c vision and can predict whr I wl be in d nxt 5 yrs
Re: How To Answer ‘Tell Me About Yourself’ At A Job Interview by Nobody: 9:09am On Jan 23, 2016
franugo:

u watch reign? tot me was d only nlander dt watches it...have u watched d latest episode?
.Reign? Never heard of that
Re: How To Answer ‘Tell Me About Yourself’ At A Job Interview by dextrino45(m): 9:21am On Jan 23, 2016
Nice Video

1 Like

Re: How To Answer ‘Tell Me About Yourself’ At A Job Interview by izyericson: 9:43am On Jan 23, 2016
the happiest people I know are not those who are turned to slaves in the name of jobs without security. Baba God, please, never let me run out of creative ideas that have monetary value in the market place, Amen!!
Re: How To Answer ‘Tell Me About Yourself’ At A Job Interview by GenoMI: 9:45am On Jan 23, 2016
Hi guys, thanks for all the responses. I want to especially address the comment that said he said 'I'd like to head the company or its offshoot'. Do you know why you didn't hear back from them? Because you pretty much told the guy that you are aiming for his job / to displace him / to render him jobless grin grin grin grin

Please refrain from saying things like that at interviews because interviewers are also human beings.

And also @Snipes009, I understand you, BUT you need to realise that employers have a hard time recruiting (believe it or not, sifting through hundreds, sometimes thousands of applications is a very difficult task), and so are looking for SPECIFIC information when they ask you that question - your goal should always be to communicate the value you are bringing to the table so your answer must cover things they will care about like your education and career progression as you mentioned.

1 Like

Re: How To Answer ‘Tell Me About Yourself’ At A Job Interview by franugo(m): 10:21am On Jan 23, 2016
DonUjay:
.Reign? Never heard of that

Wats a nostradamus mean then? in reign, its d name of a seer/physician 4 d queen
Re: How To Answer ‘Tell Me About Yourself’ At A Job Interview by Nobody: 10:57am On Jan 23, 2016
franugo:

Wats a nostradamus mean then? in reign, its d name of a seer/physician 4 d queen
.Michel de Nostradame a.k.a Nostradamus: an ancient Philosopher that made a lot of Predictions about the future

1 Like

Re: How To Answer ‘Tell Me About Yourself’ At A Job Interview by frenchboy(m): 11:21am On Jan 23, 2016
So you cannot give us a format here on how to answer and crime....and why do interviwer ask this questn when they have this cv with them...
Re: How To Answer ‘Tell Me About Yourself’ At A Job Interview by Nobody: 11:30am On Jan 23, 2016
Thanks @ OP, Excellent Post.
Re: How To Answer ‘Tell Me About Yourself’ At A Job Interview by Irore: 1:12pm On Jan 23, 2016
GenoMI:
Hi Jonathan – In a nutshell, the interviewer wants to learn more about your career goals and how the job you are being interviewed
for fits into your long term plans. He/she wants to know how committed you are to your career, and even the organisation (in case they decide to hire you). So my advice would be to research likely career paths within your profession / the organisation (when you are doing your pre-interview preparation) and then craft your answer along those lines. I hope this helps – I will definitely be doing a video that goes into more detail very soon.

I tot u wuld give us a clear answer as an example. This piece no bi am. Educate us or leave the page,Chikena.
Re: How To Answer ‘Tell Me About Yourself’ At A Job Interview by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jan 23, 2016
Q. Where dyu see yourself in five years?
A. Sir, If i be winch, i for no dey find job.
Re: How To Answer ‘Tell Me About Yourself’ At A Job Interview by limpopo: 2:31pm On Jan 23, 2016
Emereolevanwill:
faced that question with all the boldness in the world but still didn't land the job. though Am now working in Nairabet.

my guy... how is work at nairabet... is there going to be any recruitment there any time soon

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Orange Drugs West Africa Limited Salary Structure For Graduates / Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? / Who Else Got This Message From Federal Government Grant And Loan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.