Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,153 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Sharon Ikeazor Appeals To Anambra People - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sharon Ikeazor Appeals To Anambra People (1040 Views)

Sharon Ikeazor For Senator - Anambara Central Senotorial District / APC Plans To Dump Ekwunife And Annoint Sharon Ikeazor For Senator Seat / Don’t Let Anambra People Hear That You Called Me Analogue - Ngige (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sharon Ikeazor Appeals To Anambra People by aalangel(f): 12:35am On Jan 23, 2016
ASPIRING SENATORIAL candidate, Barrister Sharon Ikeazor has made an appeal to members of the Diaspora to come home.

Barrister Ikeazor, nominated by the All Progressives Congress (APC) screening committee to fly the party’s flag in the rerun elections for Anambra Central, because of her “integrity, loyalty, perseverance and consistency to the emergence of the party,” made a recent appeal to the people of Anambra living abroad to “come home to build” the state.

Speaking to APC UK, a day before the decision was made to dismiss a former PDP candidate; Mrs Uche Ekwunife from contesting on the party’s platform, Barrister Sharon said the Diasporas would be the backbone of Anambra.

“We definitely need them to come back but a lot of Nigerians in the Diaspora are afraid of coming back home because of the insecurity, she expressed. “Most of the work I am going to be doing, I will be liaising with those in the Diaspora. I have the intention of making sure that we create space for them to come back in.”

However she said things the state had to put into order. “We would need those bright minds out there,” she enthused: “but it is for them to come back to a conducive environment. We need to make Anambra work for them, because they have lived in a developed world, where things work.”

The Barrister who was called to the Bar in 1985 has often spoken about her passion for a better Nigeria and better opportunities for women. She argued that Nigeria would be a better country if more women took an active role in politics.

“Women can multi-task and there is nothing they cannot do. When you get it right with women, you get the whole society right so I believe in empowering women, which is why I have been building the capacity of women.”

She continued: “Politics for women, should go beyond going to rallies, wearing aso-ebi and clapping and dancing.
“Women should come in and run for party positions, side by side with the men and add to the development of their party and their country,” she further said.
Dispelling the old rumour that President Buhari was against women, Barrister Sharon said, “Buhari does not judge any one by their gender or their religion. He only judges you by your ability to do the work. I worked effectively with him irrespective of the fact that I was a woman.
“President Buhari is more of my mentor than my boss. I look up to him a lot.”
Having also become a mentor to several women, daughter of the late Chimeizie Ikeazor (SAN) of Obosi, Anambra State believes there would be an increase in the numbers of women councillors after this year’s council election.
“We have to build the future leadership and I believe Nigeria would do better if we include women in the strata of governance and leadership of this country.”

Re: Sharon Ikeazor Appeals To Anambra People by Nobody: 12:39am On Jan 23, 2016
We endorse her to be our senator representing Infact the whole of Anambra state in the UK, as for Anambra Central Nigeria, it's Osita all the way

2 Likes

Re: Sharon Ikeazor Appeals To Anambra People by Asaib(f): 12:44am On Jan 23, 2016
Ekwunife could've been a better match to Umeh of Apga

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sharon Ikeazor Appeals To Anambra People by Nobody: 7:08am On Jan 23, 2016
The woman is just deceiving herself....
APC has no foothold in Anambra state...
Stop using emotions to garner support... That's a lame trick.

Buhari the economic grounder and certficateless dullardo is your mentor...? I really thought as much.

Failure nah your second name...
Abeg leave senator to UK immigrants....

Anambra central with Apga take over....
Re: Sharon Ikeazor Appeals To Anambra People by nwadiuko1(m): 7:37am On Jan 23, 2016
her name sounds like sharia
Re: Sharon Ikeazor Appeals To Anambra People by Nobody: 7:39am On Jan 23, 2016
We fully endore her to represent Ogbomosho senatorial seat in the senate.As for Anambra central it is either PDP or APGA

2 Likes

Re: Sharon Ikeazor Appeals To Anambra People by Nobody: 7:40am On Jan 23, 2016
nwadiuko1:
her name sounds like sharia
Her name is SHARIAon Ikeazor what else are you looking for
Re: Sharon Ikeazor Appeals To Anambra People by nwadiuko1(m): 7:43am On Jan 23, 2016
chukwudi44:
lol
Re: Sharon Ikeazor Appeals To Anambra People by sol2galay: 9:45am On Jan 23, 2016
[quote author=chukwudi44 post=42241042]

pained niggas, so una never repent even when u people successfully rendered Ndiigbo political hopless.
God will still pay una for bringing ridicule to Ndiigbo and demeaning our pride. Ndi anu mpama!!

(1) (Reply)

Arrest Ex-president Goodluck Jonathan Now - Sen. Waku Advises Buhari / BREAKING NEWS-FEDERAL GOVT To Train 370, 000 Artisans / Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Prostrating For Ooni

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.