Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,853 members, 7,817,525 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface (42944 Views)

AY And Ramsey Noah Spots Ojuelegba From 1500 Feets In Dubai / When Banky W Picked Wizkid Up From The Slum, Ojuelegba (Throwback Photos) / Wizkid Stole Ojuelegba Song From Me – Blackface Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by Blackberrybabes: 6:59am On Jan 23, 2016
Veteran dancehall act and a former member of the defunct Afro-pop singing trio, Plantashun Boyz, Blackface, has called on fellow musician, Wizkid, to “stop stealing” his songs.
Blackface who spoke exclusively to Saturday Beats , said Wizkid had been copying many of his songs for a long time...
“I never really wanted to talk about it all this while but after people started checking out my new song, Killa, many felt Blackface sounded like Wizkid, which I didn’t like.

“If you check properly, you would realise that Wizkid’s hit, Ojuelegba, sounds exactly the same as the track 13 on my dancehall album released as far back as 2010.
You need to listen to that album to know what I am talking about. The song is so similar that I think it shouldn’t be that way.
“Well, in Killa, I sang that “they tried to copy my melody,” and the bloggers got a hint of the gist and put their reports out. What I said is the truth and I am going to get to the root of this matter because I deserve justice.

“The Ojuelegba song has made so much revenue for Wizkid. I am not bothered about that but I want the industry to be in a position whereby people will understand that some of the artistes and the songs they are cheering is someone else’s efforts, especially fellow artistes that they are doing everything to bring down. All they are doing is to bring down Blackface and to say that he is not relevant in the industry. Some people are bent on killing my legacy. I believe there is definitely a gang-up against me in the industry and this has been going on for a long time,” he said.
Asked if he had taken on Wizkid personally on the matter, the dancehall artiste said he did his best in that regard but that the response from the Star Boy act shocked him.

“There was a time Wizkid followed me on twitter and I told him that I don’t want him taking my songs and that if he wants to do any of my rhythm, he should let me know. I told him that because I was just being a big brother to him. I told him that our songs can’t be sounding so similar and that if he wants anything, he should let me know. But after some time, he ‘unfollowed’ me and it was shortly after then that the Ojuelegba song was released. I don’t have any problem with Wizkid or any other person, all I am saying is that they shouldn’t be tampering with my songs because those are my properties.

“Wizkid and I do different kinds of music and he doesn’t have my type of skill. I don’t have a problem with that. I am only bothered when somebody takes my song and tries to turn it around into theirs without giving me due credit,” he said.
Efforts to reach Wizkid to react to Blackface’s claims proved abortive as his phone numbers were switched off. His manager, Sunday Are, couldn’t be reached as his line was switched off as well.

http://www.blackberrybabes.com/2016/01/wizkid-stole-ojuelegba-from-me-blackface.html

lalasticlala

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by Ayt27(m): 7:05am On Jan 23, 2016
Blackface why e be say na only ur song dem dey thief blow. Tuface thief african queen blow, wizkid thief ojuelegba blow(internationally).

You better enter MFM....

402 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by agarawu23(m): 7:11am On Jan 23, 2016
undecided

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by youngberry001(m): 7:17am On Jan 23, 2016
grin grin

blackface which 1 u come bring again now

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by Ujunkem(f): 7:21am On Jan 23, 2016
Wizzy come and hear ooo...another one is calling you a thief and when coming bring what u will smash his head with

cant even remeber the last time i heard blackface name let alone his song #imustbepopularthisjanuary#

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by Nobody: 7:29am On Jan 23, 2016
Tis guy should create a forum were he can post songs for artistes to steal grin...Could be his Calling........mumu pikin

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by Smellymouth: 7:41am On Jan 23, 2016
Who is blackface?? grin
Even Vic O don blow pass u.
If Shekau even put bomb on ur head, u nor go still blow cheesy

119 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by looseweight: 8:51am On Jan 23, 2016
If this report is good, then its bad of wizkid to have stolen another man's song.

It would have been better if wizkid can follow olamide's idea of getting lyrics from debanj and acknowledge the fact that he got it from him.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by callJesu: 8:51am On Jan 23, 2016
Ok
Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by pat077: 8:51am On Jan 23, 2016
If I hear......
Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by Benjom(m): 8:51am On Jan 23, 2016
You too? Ok... I trust Wizkid, he'll soon deliver his 'epic response'.

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by Jaideyone(m): 8:51am On Jan 23, 2016
and he's just speaking out after close to two years? deluded mind.
side effect of igbo

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by kennyman2000(m): 8:51am On Jan 23, 2016
Lol.. When he stole ojuelegba. You should have gone ahead to do ojumushin or ojulekki or ojuajegunle or must it only be ojuelegba. Sit ur ass down and do another oju jooor. Then we'll know u're the boss!

Check my signature for ur customised wristbands.

May God bless our hustle!

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by mzmighty(f): 8:51am On Jan 23, 2016
Hmnnn undecided
Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by DARSHELLE: 8:52am On Jan 23, 2016
Na wah o.. .
Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by goodlifehyd(m): 8:52am On Jan 23, 2016
Lmao who thief this Bros weed nau, that's the only thing that makes him reason straight. You accuse 2face of stealing African Queen from you now na Wizkid you tie for neck maybe tomorrow na Olamide you go pull for trouser

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by Nathdoug(m): 8:52am On Jan 23, 2016
Who is blackface....all dis hungry 9ja musician...bros go sell weed jor na yor calling be dat....

4 Likes

Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by Nobody: 8:52am On Jan 23, 2016
Even some nairalanders stole my songs sad

3 Likes

Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by thefakestan: 8:52am On Jan 23, 2016
Because u can't sing.

ThefakeStan
Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by ritababe(f): 8:52am On Jan 23, 2016
Lol, wizkid just dey stealing stealing.
But wetin dey worry blackface as if him no thief psquare beat.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by magicfingers009: 8:52am On Jan 23, 2016
Even if you (Blackface) sing Ojuelegba, you would not still blow. Abeg I thought he used to claim festac. Now he wan claim Ojuelegba

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by Bitterleafsoup: 8:53am On Jan 23, 2016
Are you sure?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by Maxcollins042(m): 8:53am On Jan 23, 2016
Wizkid stole 'Holla at your boy' from me. So the stealing no even start today.
Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by Frank3n2(m): 8:53am On Jan 23, 2016
Wiz go break ur head o.. grin

BUT

5 Likes

Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by Endtimesmith(m): 8:53am On Jan 23, 2016
See as im face black sef,why dem nor go steal your songs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by danbrowndmf(m): 8:53am On Jan 23, 2016
Some idiot will come here now & start saying blackface is not relevant so he has no right to call wizkid out for stealing his property....smh.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by surrogatesng: 8:54am On Jan 23, 2016
lol
Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by seunlaww(m): 8:54am On Jan 23, 2016
Is typing...
Re: Wizkid Stole 'Ojuelegba' From Me- Blackface by Adalberto(m): 8:55am On Jan 23, 2016
lol.. blackface, leave Music... go and play football... u can stil mek it to Russia 2018

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Roman Goddess VS Blac Chyna: Who Rocked It Better? / Uriel Oputa Undergoes Fat-freezing To Get Flat Tummy Instead Of Liposuction / AY Celebrates His Daughter, Michelle Makun, On Her 13th Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.