Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,980 members, 7,835,277 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Nigeria's Refineries Runs Out Of Crude Oil - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Refineries Runs Out Of Crude Oil (798 Views)

Two Nigeria’s Refineries To Restart Production Before End Of Dec. 2015 –minister / PHOTOS OF NIGERIA REFINERIES: The Unbelievable! / Nigeria’s Refineries Rated Worst In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's Refineries Runs Out Of Crude Oil by back2back(f): 11:20am On Jun 25, 2009
NOW the chicken has come to roost. The effects of the militancy in the Niger Delta and the Federal Government's clampdown on them have shaken the foundation of the oil and gas industry.

Yesterday, the government admitted that it had no more crude for its refineries to process for local consumption.

Consequently, the Warri and Port Harcourt refineries have been shut. The Kaduna Refinery, though functioning, has no crude to process because the Warri plant, which feeds it is shut due to a damage to major pipelines. The only stock, which was reserved, will be exhausted in the next 15 days, the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) said yesterday.

The corporation's Group Managing Director (GMD), Mohammed Sanusi Barkindo, who painted the pathetic picture of the industry, said in the next 15 days, it will run out of crude for domestic consumption.

[url]http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/news/article01//indexn2_html?pdate=250609&ptitle=Nigeria%20runs%20out%20of%20crude,%20refineries%20shut[/url]
Re: Nigeria's Refineries Runs Out Of Crude Oil by emilyone(f): 11:40am On Jun 25, 2009
anoda repulsive news!
Re: Nigeria's Refineries Runs Out Of Crude Oil by philip0906(m): 11:43am On Jun 25, 2009
The corporation's Group Managing Director (GMD), Mohammed Sanusi Barkindo, who painted the pathetic picture of the industry, said in the next 15 days, it will run out of crude for domestic consumption.
So y r they telling us?so dat we all run out of the country or what?They r free 2 do wat dey like.
Re: Nigeria's Refineries Runs Out Of Crude Oil by asha80(m): 11:51am On Jun 25, 2009
This should make front page.
Re: Nigeria's Refineries Runs Out Of Crude Oil by ElRazur: 12:00pm On Jun 25, 2009
If this is true, then interesting. However, seeing that powerful forces are behind the oil output of nigeria - be it legal or illegal. I very much doubt they can afford for this to happen - maybe in the short run though. I suspect their would be some sort of solution soon. Whether back door, illegal or legal.
Re: Nigeria's Refineries Runs Out Of Crude Oil by KnowAll(m): 12:05pm On Jun 25, 2009
If we are practising parliamentry democracy, this will be a good time to call for an election, clearly the goverment has failed the naton and cannot be trusted any further.
Re: Nigeria's Refineries Runs Out Of Crude Oil by ElRazur: 12:12pm On Jun 25, 2009
By the way, we ain't ran out of crude oil. We are merely having supply issues. I think our crude oil reserves should last another decade or may be more.
Re: Nigeria's Refineries Runs Out Of Crude Oil by back2back(f): 3:13pm On Jun 25, 2009
ElRazur:

By the way, we ain't ran out of crude oil. We are merely having supply issues. I think our crude oil reserves should last another decade or may be more.

run out of supply or run out of crude.

In 15days there would be no more crude-oil for the local refineries.

They will go back to massive importation of refined-crude-oil.

If you value your life; run, run far far away from Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria's Refineries Runs Out Of Crude Oil by strangleyo: 3:16pm On Jun 25, 2009
I hope Nigeria runs out of oil.
Re: Nigeria's Refineries Runs Out Of Crude Oil by snowdrops(m): 3:19pm On Jun 25, 2009
All the catastrophizing does no one no good. Focus should be on solution and not silly talk as some of the above posts reflect
Re: Nigeria's Refineries Runs Out Of Crude Oil by deor03(m): 3:21pm On Jun 25, 2009
back2back:

If you value your life; run, run far far away from Nigeria.

Waoooo, This is cowardice
Re: Nigeria's Refineries Runs Out Of Crude Oil by philip0906(m): 3:25pm On Jun 25, 2009
All the catastrophizing does no one no good. Focus should be on solution and not silly talk as some of the above posts reflect
oya na profer solution.tell the government what 2 do now cos na yesterday dem give nigeria independence,MCHEEEW.abegi, my guy 4get dat GEOGRAPHICAL ENCLAVE called nigeria,it only exists on the map. sad
Re: Nigeria's Refineries Runs Out Of Crude Oil by philip0906(m): 3:30pm On Jun 25, 2009
deor03:

Waoooo, This is cowardice
u call it cawordice?so may dem stay naija die becos of patriotism?me i go stay not because of anything but i don find my way thru d backdoor(if u know wat I mean) grin.so they(government) r free 2 do wateva they like with dat THING called Nigeria.but I will advise those who cannot find their way around to FLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.or rather as the BIBLE put it,"ESCAPE FOR YOUR LIFE". wink
Re: Nigeria's Refineries Runs Out Of Crude Oil by Baro(m): 6:49pm On Jun 25, 2009
Up MEND!
Re: Nigeria's Refineries Runs Out Of Crude Oil by tpiah: 3:33pm On Jun 26, 2009
@ topic

about time.
Re: Nigeria's Refineries Runs Out Of Crude Oil by IKEYMAN1: 4:49pm On Jun 26, 2009
^^^^

this hanger lady self!! lipsrsealed

about time u move over to niger or u rather die in another man's country that aint yours
Re: Nigeria's Refineries Runs Out Of Crude Oil by back2back(f): 9:57pm On Jun 26, 2009
IKEYMAN!!!:

^^^^

this hanger lady self!! lipsrsealed

about time u move over to niger or u rather die in another man's country that aint yours

will you take your country with you when you die there?

who has ears let him hear well well.

(1) (Reply)

Where Are We Running To/from / Making A Mockery Of Prayers / Gaddafi Is Mad – Senate Presdent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.