Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,390 members, 7,815,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

Gurus In Web Design Here Plz. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Gurus In Web Design Here Plz. (623 Views)

The Real Hustle In Web Business Is Offline! - Prepclass Founder / How To Manage Clients In Web Design Business? / Is Java, C, C++, Or C# Important In Web Development? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gurus In Web Design Here Plz. by saintbajar(m): 12:59pm On Jun 25, 2009
Helo guys, i am new in website development and am building one for a friend that once to run a seminar. So am hepin him. Ok now i built the site using dreamweaver 8 and i created a form now i will like to know how i can make this form work (redirect also) and also when i host how can i make that work n get the details of those who filled in. Tanks.
Re: Gurus In Web Design Here Plz. by OmniPotens(m): 1:14pm On Jun 25, 2009
You need to be more specific on areas where you are stock. From what I understand, you developed your web using DW 8. You have a kind form (may be a registration form) and you want to collect registered users information from there then redirect them to a confirmation page, right?
Re: Gurus In Web Design Here Plz. by yawatide(f): 5:12pm On Jun 25, 2009
This is one reason why I advocate that we code from scratch and not via WYSIWYG.

At the most basic of levels, your form will need an ACTION attribute and METHOD attribute. You will also need to use some back end language (like php). Your form fields will need to have a NAME attribute, which is what the back end language uses to obtain the values entered/selected. For kicks, you will also need to use javascript to validate your form on the front end. You should also use the back end language to validate form input, in case javascript is disabled.

Good luck!
Re: Gurus In Web Design Here Plz. by rodler(m): 5:48pm On Jun 25, 2009
I dont have time to explain it right now for you. But get this clear, you will need to create a database for each of your fields, i dont know the prog language you are using, but if PHP and MySQL better cos thats what i used, get WAMP installed on your system. Get to the myphpadmin section and create your database first.
This will require you writing a script that will first establish a connection between your page and the database.
But for quick job, get phpform maker and this will aid you in the connection process.

I gotta go!
Re: Gurus In Web Design Here Plz. by yawatide(f): 6:09pm On Jun 25, 2009
rodler, I guess I am not getting what he is saying but I don't think his issue is storing the data. His question goes back to the very foundations of a form: how to create, how to obtain data and how to pass data variables from page to page.

IMHO, once he has those down pat, he can then advance to storing in a database. He didn't even mention if he will be sending this info as a confirmation email to registrants.
Re: Gurus In Web Design Here Plz. by saintbajar(m): 5:26am On Jun 26, 2009
@omni
U ar rite dat wat i need.
Re: Gurus In Web Design Here Plz. by saintbajar(m): 5:38am On Jun 26, 2009
@yawa
U ar also rite frm ur last post .
@rodl
Is been complcated, plz sum one xplain better. I be new baby for this one oo. Tanx
Re: Gurus In Web Design Here Plz. by yawatide(f): 12:14pm On Jun 26, 2009
saintbajar, now you are talking.

Start off by heading to, if not already, www.w3schools.com and learn as many of the lessons that are on there, then experiment on your own. Please note that to be able to store your forms in a database, you will need a local server (like WAMP, assuming you will be coding in PHP) and/or a web host that supports the backend language of your choice.

good luck!

(1) (Reply)

The Free Web Designer Is Here! / Website For Sale / Downloading Limit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.