Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Jonathan: A Phone Call Now Turning Awry - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan: A Phone Call Now Turning Awry (3556 Views)

Omojuwa Called Jonathan A Disaster, And Got This Reply / Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? / Fielding Jonathan, A Mistake – Dr. Raymond Dokpesi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan: A Phone Call Now Turning Awry by OLADD: 5:11pm On Jan 23, 2016
AgentOfAllah:
I do not perceive any coherence of purpose in OP's lamentations.

Is OP suggesting that it is excusable to disregard the electoral laws of a country to save one's self from the consequences of contemptible leadership; even at the risk of plunging the country into a state of chaos and instability? If so, might I ask OP to to complete the picture by recommending who the inevitable casualties of such a dangerous proposition should be.

Evidently, the OP's position is not well thought through! The right lesson must surely be that leaders, including the present ones, should start taking their positions of authority more seriously because the odds that they'll be made to face the consequences of incompetence by the system is ever increasing. I advise the OP to adopt this position as the more logical and sensible one.

Going by the vindictive manner Jonathan's govt is been run down by Buhari, I have no doubt the ex president would be regretting not flouting electoral laws in retaining power in 2015.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: A Phone Call Now Turning Awry by HiddenShadow: 5:18pm On Jan 23, 2016
OLADD:

Going by the vindictive manner Jonathan's govt is been run down by Buhari, I have no doubt the ex president would be regretting not flouting electoral laws in retaining power in 2015.

The ex president has no regret. Thank God Buhari's herds of zombies are becoming frustrated daily

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan: A Phone Call Now Turning Awry by AgentOfAllah: 5:38pm On Jan 23, 2016
OLADD:

So what? who cares if the ex-president is regretting not doing the right thing? The law is above any one man's impotent regrets.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: A Phone Call Now Turning Awry by realborn(m): 6:42pm On Jan 23, 2016
OLADD:

Please do not tell me you would have supported the ex-President "flouting" electoral laws? If yes, then that is not an appropriate thing to share on a public forum.

We cannot be morally deprived and expect Nigeria to be great.

No politician is worth taking a bullet for. They are all baggers and thieves. Some are excessively greedy!
Re: Jonathan: A Phone Call Now Turning Awry by OLADD: 1:40pm On Jan 24, 2016
[quote author=BushidoBlue post=42256325][/quote]

Thank you.
Re: Jonathan: A Phone Call Now Turning Awry by OLADD: 1:46pm On Jan 24, 2016
This has nothing to do with moral deficiency. Buhari and APC have taught everybody how not to be civil and patriotic. Jonathan's meekness and high level of decency are been used to teach him a lesson. Anyway, it's still good to be good.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: A Phone Call Now Turning Awry by Emekamex(m): 1:58pm On Jan 24, 2016
realborn:

I think fighting corruption is a method of promulgating policies against graft. Our economy is struggling today because past administrations recklessly plundered our wealth. I am so so sure that Nigeria has lost over $100b to leadership induced theft in the past. If we had this in our kitty, will we be struggling with sustaining obligations for for our forex? Will we be struggling with infrastructure deficits?

I am very worried at the approach undertaken by the new administration to tackle the effect of our dwindling revenue from crude oil, our main export commodity. I also think there are several things wrong with the presented Budget.

However, it is imperative to expose and punish those who have stolen from us. It is only sensible to start with the immediate past administration.

->No one is saying fighing corruption ain't important but it shouldn't be the major focus of the president.
->The economy needs serious intervention and revamp, the government should be focusing on how to spread its tentacles around other source of income as well but they aren't doing this vigorously at the moment.
->It is of no use to fight corruption if you aren't going after the big shots that looted Nigeria or only focusing on the looters of the opposing party while sparing your own.
->As the person you quoted said, it is better to fight corruption by making it very difficult for looters to have direct source of cash through fiscal policies and not just jailing them because PMB won't be president forever and if someone corrupt was elected after him, the person can easily destroy all progress made or even pardon those that were jailed thereby returning us to square one.
Re: Jonathan: A Phone Call Now Turning Awry by OLADD: 8:29am On Jan 25, 2016
Emekamex:

->No one is saying fighing corruption ain't important but it shouldn't be the major focus of the president.
->The economy needs serious intervention and revamp, the government should be focusing on how to spread its tentacles around other source of income as well but they aren't doing this vigorously at the moment.
->It is of no use to fight corruption if you aren't going after the big shots that looted Nigeria or only focusing on the looters of the opposing party while sparing your own.
->As the person you quoted said, it is better to fight corruption by making it very difficult for looters to have direct source of cash through fiscal policies and not just jailing them because PMB won't be president forever and if someone corrupt was elected after him, the person can easily destroy all progress made or even pardon those that were jailed thereby returning us to square one.

You're quite spot on Armed Robbers, Drug traffickers and other criminals had faced various jail terms over the years but it hasn't stopped stealing and drug peddling. Buhari is just chasing shadows if emphasis is laid on jailing looters instead of instituting legal and financial frameworks to stop these menaces. The whole anti corruption drive is nothing but a smokescreen and an attempt to silence the opposition.
Re: Jonathan: A Phone Call Now Turning Awry by Nobody: 9:03am On Jan 25, 2016
Pidggin:
GEJ made a big mistake, it amazes me how he relinquished power so easily. Now, the people whom he sacrificed for are opening their cavity infested mouths to insult him. This is why African leaders do not relinquish power easily, they know what faith will befall them in the hands of the new leader.

sorry to let you know this, but your mentor is a common criminal, and a thief.

"people whom he sacrificed for"

which people? what sacrifice?

I wish by some stroke of luck all you lot idolizing Jonathan were packed and dumped on an island with him as your president.

you guys don't deserve to see a new Nigeria.

Jonathan was well aware that if he didn't hand over he was facing certain death. he had an example in Laurent Gbagbo and his wife.

he shouldn't be praised for relinquishing power. what were his options anyway?

what did you think the peace committee was all about? why do you think US secretary of state came to Nigeria to meet with both men?

Jonathan didn't relinquish power because he is a good man, he did out of self-survival instincts.

Oh God save us from dullards who refuse to use their brain cells.
Re: Jonathan: A Phone Call Now Turning Awry by Djicemob: 9:04am On Jan 25, 2016
HungerBAD:
Funny guy the OP plus the two below me.

How is it a mistake when he lost and conceded defeat?and as obtainable in any civilized setting,the loser always call to congratulate the winner.

What did you expect him to do?fight his glaring defeat in Court?

You seem to forget this is a democratic setting,and all Powers does not lay with the President alone.

A democratic setting brought in Jonathan,and a democratic setting kicked him out too.

If he had performed well,his score card would have brought him him. So,what exactly are you complaining about now?

Complaints against Buhari

That he is fighting corruption?

That the Military is winning the Boko Haram War?

That our Monies that was being shared by PDP with the likes of Dokpesi that was stopped is bad?

That the single TSA is not working?

That we don't hear of frivolous contracts being awarded?

Truth is,Nigeria is working and you guys can wail until France start speaking in English,before we can go back to the former Status Quo.

Please With which weapons is the military using to "win the war against boko haram" ?

Please dont say sticks and stone...

Am open to learning
Re: Jonathan: A Phone Call Now Turning Awry by Nobody: 9:10am On Jan 25, 2016
xtrorxe:
(1)The simple truth is many Yorubas fear the emergence of Biafra. And that's the reason many of you have been notoriously running amok on every media page with anti-Biafra slogans to the extent of claiming to be Igbos and Niger-deltans to be able to market your wicked propaganda.

Your fear of Fulani running over Yorubaland, islamisation and loss of free crude oil wealth with the the emerging Biafra is plain.

(2) xtractor post:
The biafra agitators have been made to believe that the yorubas are against their dream. On the contrary, every well meaning yoruba should be supportive of this struggle.
Although I have my reservations towards the struggle. Like they suddenly raised their voices after the lost of gej and the verbal assaults of kanu on yorubas on his radio biafra. But that shouldn't make us see their agitation as a illegitimate one.
I call on every e -warrior to tone down their abuse on these people and show a genuine respect to their right to freedom.
I don't care who they tag along as those people can speak for themselves.
The truth is Nigeria can never work. Anybody still having  hope in Nigeria is either a politician who is benefiting from the fraud called Nigeria or he's just being naive. Nigeria can never prosper with the backward hausa/fulani who are just nonentities just like the cattle they herd and dangerous like Islam they profess. Give Nigeria 500 years with hausa/fulani, will still remain backward.
We the odua youth should be thinking of our new nation without these northern vermin. Our elders have failed us and we should start thinking inward.
https://www.nairaland.com/2699463/open-letter-yorubas-biafra

JUST THIS MORNING, WHY ON EARTH SHOULD MYND419 DELETE THESE MY RESPONSES TO HIS BIGOTIC KINSMEN? WHY DOES HE SPARE THE INVECTIVES OF AGGRESSORS AND BAN THEM APPROPRIATELY?

AN ADVICE TO THE NOTORIOUS BIGOT (Mynd419) PARADING ON NL AS MODERATOR

It's important to note that this notorious, diabolic NL moderator parading as a disgruntled, disciple of anger, slavery, hate and propaganda lacks the requisite skill of professionalism.

It's appalling that such a rather questionable character who has sold his soul to the devil for a mesh of porridge  would be given a task well beyond his intellectual capacity.

It's shameful that the scratched face dimwit would openly permit the abuses, diatribes and slurs thrown by his tribalistic people while deleting the resounding responses thereunto. It's rather disheartening that he aid and abet negative comments and threads against the Igbo Nation/IPOB/NK.

And it's even cowardly and pathetic for this moronic NL moderator to dare suspend accounts/monikers on that premise.

Rather than engage in a hide-and-seek game of discrimination and dishonour this NL misguided staff should simply present himself for a robust engagement if he is worth his salt.

On a final note, the best antidote for the madness of this raging NL agent is to prevent reregistration and completely ban the monikers of his purported enemies from NL to ease his perpetual misery and doom so as to make his job easier for his meagre pay and to the satisfaction of his sponsors.

A word is enough for the wise...

lobbish! who gives a flying fvck about your bi*afra.

go to the southwest, nobody cares, nobody talks about it, maybe except as a news item on the radio. it's largely a southeast problem. pull out, dont pull out, kill yourselves, go to war, visit the UN, protest on mount Kilimanjaro and everest, that's your problem really. it doesn't affect the southwest states.
Re: Jonathan: A Phone Call Now Turning Awry by NavierStokes(m): 9:13am On Jan 25, 2016
HiddenShadow:

Let's tell ourselves the truth. Jonathan did a wise thing of stepping down peacefully.
If he had not done so, Buhari's herds of zombies would not have believed that Buhari is a brainless President.

That was the silver lining i got out of the events of the 2015 elections.
Re: Jonathan: A Phone Call Now Turning Awry by OLADD: 9:31am On Jan 25, 2016
Djicemob:
Please With which weapons is the military using to "win the war against boko haram" ?

Please dont say sticks and stone...

Am open to learning

Good question. But don't expect any reasonable response from the ever sentimental and parochial lots.
Re: Jonathan: A Phone Call Now Turning Awry by Nobody: 9:44am On Jan 25, 2016
xtrorxe:

Silly talk of hypocrisy to divert attention from the very obvious!

Yorubas have constituted themselves as the most embittered and pained that a people seek self-determination. You and your lots have created fraudulent monikers masquerading as SE/SS people to attempt to quench the call for self-determination. You have created many threads on NL to register your anger and displeasure against IPOB to no avail.

Yorubas and their cohorts have threatened to kill Igbos and confiscate their properties across the country should they continue to press for a separate existence. And yet it's not working. You have tried your usual campaign of calumny to malign Igbos and it's not working.

Why are some of your parasitic States bankrupt since the free crude oil money is no longer available as before?

awww. sorry. the people you vilify are not even aware of your existence. learn to contain your anger so you wont die of hbp.

though i imagine that will be a gain for Nigeria.

do your rants here stop hardworking Yoruba people from waking up this morning and going about their daily businesses?

or does your spitting venom here stop your brothers and sisters, fathers and mothers from boarding ekene dili chukwu buses this morning to Yoruba enclave to seek for a better life?

and when i say Yoruba enclave i am not even referring to Lagos. I'm talking about Ibadan, Abeokuta, Osogbo, Ogbomosho and so on.

You really should learn not to bite the hands that feed you.
Re: Jonathan: A Phone Call Now Turning Awry by xtrorx: 9:52am On Jan 25, 2016
Ioannes:

awww. sorry. the people you vilify are not even aware of your existence. learn to contain your anger so you wont die of hbp.

though i imagine that will be a gain for Nigeria.

do your rants here stop hardworking Yoruba people from waking up this morning and going about their daily businesses?

or does your spitting venom here stop your brothers and sisters, fathers and mothers from boarding ekene dili chukwu buses this morning to Yoruba enclave to seek for a better life?

and when i say Yoruba enclave i am not even referring to Lagos. I'm talking about Ibadan, Abeokuta, Osogbo, Ogbomosho and so on.

You really should learn not to bite the hands that feed you.

You're no match to the Igbos and that's why your silly mods would come to your rescue by deleting hard truths, superior arguments and points to save you from further humiliation and misery.

Which of your governors performed creditably better than Chime Sullivan, Peter Obi or Chris Ngige vis-a-vis the available funds at their disposal?

Acknowledge the simple fact that Igbos fare better than most tribes even with their numerous looting of the commonwealth and great federal government presence. The Igbos have the highest concentration of middle-class citizens while squalor and penury pervade other enclaves. You can see the reality in the shocking manner many of your States are in comatose with many of its civil servants surviving on the good gestures of concerned Nigerians.

With the dwindling crude oil earnings Igbo States are the least affected largely due to the fact that their economy is not crude oil dependent. Fayose of Ekiti government had to send some of its citizens to the SE to learn a skill/trade in a bid to grow the economy of Ekiti State. 

It takes a determined and industrious people to leave their immediate environment and venture into a distant land and conquer it. A bunch of parasitic creatures would rather lazy around in their neighbourhood and depend on their parents for their survival. 

You can see the result in the number of street urchins and area boys being bred by the Yorubas in the name of 'sophistication'.

We live in a global village that's why you see the Igbos, Chinese, Lebanese, Indians, Americans and Italians journey to Lagos to conquer the land.

Be weaned from your parents and try venturing out so you can compete with other people.

Stop whining, weeping and wailing on every available media page at the mere mention of Biaf... It's pathetic already!

You're pained that the Igbos would come into Lagos and out-compete you to your shame and chagrin. And now your unbridled greed led you to sell off your father's lands to the ever industrious Igbos and becoming tenants.

If you're sensible you should be concerned that your so-called 'suffersticated' tribe are so gullible as to have internationally acclaimed drug peddlers as national leaders. That a man like Tinubu who embezzled Lagos funds would call the shots and fleeceable Yorubas like you would still sheepishly prostrate before him and follow him and his rougish candidates blindly.

Little wonder many of you rarely believe one can achieve success save by ritual-killings and cannibalism aside the armed robberies, incests and juju prevalent in Yorubaland. So much indeed for 'sufferstication'!
Re: Jonathan: A Phone Call Now Turning Awry by kokoA(m): 10:01am On Jan 25, 2016
Pidggin:
GEJ made a big mistake, it amazes me how he relinquished power so easily. Now, the people whom he sacrificed for are opening their cavity infested mouths to insult him. This is why African leaders do not relinquish power easily, they know what faith will befall them in the hands of the new leader.
Shey Aso rock na him papa house naw.. mtcheew. What sacrifice are you talking about? Somebody performed woefully and lost you said he sacrificed for us. Mcheeww.. Her relinquished power for his own good and not the good of anybody. The knows the "Gbagbo-treament" awaits him and Mama peace if he tried anything funny.
Re: Jonathan: A Phone Call Now Turning Awry by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jan 25, 2016
xtrorx:

You're no match to the Igbos and that's why your silly mods would come to your rescue by deleting hard truths, superior arguments and points to save you from further humiliation and misery.

Which of your governors performed creditably better than Chime Sullivan, Peter Obi or Chris Ngige vis-a-vis the available funds at their disposal?

Acknowledge the simple fact that Igbos fare better than most tribes even with their numerous looting of the commonwealth and great federal government presence. The Igbos have the highest concentration of middle-class citizens while squalor and penury pervade other enclaves. You can see the reality in the shocking manner many of your States are in comatose with many of its civil servants surviving on the good gestures of concerned Nigerians.

With the dwindling crude oil earnings Igbo States are the least affected largely due to the fact that their economy is not crude oil dependent. Fayose of Ekiti government had to send some of its citizens to the SE to learn a skill/trade in a bid to grow the economy of Ekiti State. 

It takes a determined and industrious people to leave their immediate environment and venture into a distant land and conquer it. A bunch of parasitic creatures would rather lazy around in their neighbourhood and depend on their parents for their survival. 

You can see the result in the number of street urchins and area boys being bred by the Yorubas in the name of 'sophistication'.

We live in a global village that's why you see the Igbos, Chinese, Lebanese, Indians, Americans and Italians journey to Lagos to conquer the land.

Be weaned from your parents and try venturing out so you can compete with other people.

Stop whining, weeping and wailing on every available media page at the mere mention of Biaf... It's pathetic already!

You're pained that the Igbos would come into Lagos and out-compete you to your shame and chagrin. And now your unbridled greed led you to sell off your father's lands to the ever industrious Igbos and becoming tenants.

If you're sensible you should be concerned that your so-called 'suffersticated' tribe are so gullible as to have internationally acclaimed drug peddlers as national leaders. That a man like Tinubu who embezzled Lagos funds would call the shots and fleeceable Yorubas like you would still sheepishly prostrate before him and follow him and his rougish candidates blindly.

Little wonder many of you rarely believe one can achieve success save by ritual-killings and cannibalism aside the armed robberies, incests and juju prevalent in Yorubaland. So much indeed for 'sufferstication'!

boring! summarize pls. you are trying too hard. i smell complex. the inferiority type. people with class never feel the need to compete nor boast.

look at the closest Yoruba person to you there and learn class and from him ok?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aregbesola Names All Tertiary Institutions In Osun State After Personalities / Dear Nigerians: “corruption” Is Not The Problem And It Never Has Been! / IPOB Launches 'Biafrexit', Accuses British Prime Minister, Cameron Of Hypocrisy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.