Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,739 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

What That Little Pocket In Your Jeans Is Really For. Picture. - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / What That Little Pocket In Your Jeans Is Really For. Picture. (5449 Views)

5 Things To Always Do To Make Your Jeans Last Longer / Girl Flaunts Hips In Torn Jeans: Is This Fashion Or Real Madness? / Here's The True Purpose Of That Small Pocket In The Front Of Your Jeans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What That Little Pocket In Your Jeans Is Really For. Picture. by PhockPhockMan: 12:26pm On Jan 23, 2016
Pockets can often be the bane of fashion life.

For women’s clothing especially, the addition of ‘fake’ pockets to trousers, coats, shirts can often be infuriating.

Jean pockets come as pretty standard across the genders – two back pockets, two front pockets and that odd little rectangular pocket in one of the front pockets.

But what is it used for? It’s certainly too small for coins and was around before the age of smart phones.

In a Quora forum, jean and textile experts sought to answer the conundrum.

User Renata Janoskova cited Levi Strauss, iconic American jeans brand, as having the answer to the mystery pocket.

According to a blog post on their website, the pocket is a “watch pocket”, small enough to keep a pocket watch.

Ms Janoskova expaned on this, explaining that Levis introduced the pockets to cater for cowboys pocket watches.

Calvin Klein Jeans launches 'sexting' ad campaign
“Back in the 1800s, cowboys used to wear their watches on chains and kept them in their waistcosts. To keep them from getting broken, Levis introduced this small pocket where they could keep their watch.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/fashion/what-that-little-pocket-in-your-jeans-is-really-for-a6828141.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What That Little Pocket In Your Jeans Is Really For. Picture. by kernel504(m): 12:29pm On Jan 23, 2016
FOR ME TO KEEP LITTLE BUT IMPORTANT STUFFS.
Re: What That Little Pocket In Your Jeans Is Really For. Picture. by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jan 23, 2016
grin

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What That Little Pocket In Your Jeans Is Really For. Picture. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 12:32pm On Jan 23, 2016
If u roll ur 5k very well, u go knw say that pocket dey keep extra change in case u dey alaba, idumota, oshodi or any other thieving area for Lagos.

Also, if u roll 3k wella and u tell ur gf to search u say na only 500g u get, she no go found out.

Besides, if u wan visit chick and u no wan she run ur wallet see condom, u fit slide those types of long condom inside until show go sure.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: What That Little Pocket In Your Jeans Is Really For. Picture. by Cutehector(m): 12:34pm On Jan 23, 2016
For making guy...
Re: What That Little Pocket In Your Jeans Is Really For. Picture. by Holywizard: 12:38pm On Jan 23, 2016
wooow. tnkz man.
wen i dey small i dey hide money 4 there soo tey i dey 4get it
Re: What That Little Pocket In Your Jeans Is Really For. Picture. by PhockPhockMan: 12:51pm On Jan 23, 2016
SLIDEwaxie:
If u roll ur 5k very well, u go knw say that pocket dey keep extra change in case u dey alaba, idumota, oshodi or any other thieving area for Lagos.

Also, if u roll 3k wella and u tell ur gf to search u say na only 500g u get, she no go found out.

Besides, if u wan visit chick and u no wan she run ur wallet see condom, u fit slide those types of long condom inside until show go sure.

Jeez, you be real guy man o o.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What That Little Pocket In Your Jeans Is Really For. Picture. by kossyablaze(m): 12:56pm On Jan 23, 2016
Hehehehe
Re: What That Little Pocket In Your Jeans Is Really For. Picture. by Pineapp: 1:01pm On Jan 23, 2016
Stingy guys be like...... grin
SLIDEwaxie:

5 Likes

Re: What That Little Pocket In Your Jeans Is Really For. Picture. by allytinted: 1:08pm On Jan 23, 2016
hmmm
Re: What That Little Pocket In Your Jeans Is Really For. Picture. by PhockPhockMan: 1:26pm On Jan 23, 2016
Pineapp:
Nothing stingy there, it's wisdom.
Re: What That Little Pocket In Your Jeans Is Really For. Picture. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 1:44pm On Jan 23, 2016
Pineapp:
OK..u think I'm stingy? Lemme lend u a wise word from KINGwax: what u get is urs and not wot u wanted.

And in relationships, it goes both ways!

No one looks out for another person. Forget the lie and stand easy.

U will knw this when it ends.

Either u work hard by urself or a girl urged u to work hard, both decisions are for selfish reasons only by the deciders. Everybody in it for the gain!

4 Likes

Re: What That Little Pocket In Your Jeans Is Really For. Picture. by EdCure: 1:53pm On Jan 23, 2016
I force my key inside. I hate it when keys weigh my pocket down and the noise it makes while i'm moving faster.

3 Likes

Re: What That Little Pocket In Your Jeans Is Really For. Picture. by Blackfire(m): 2:01pm On Jan 23, 2016
If u tell our politicians that the only money they can steal, can only fit into that small pocket..... We will be begging people for local govt chairman.

Nice write up @ op

1 Like

Re: What That Little Pocket In Your Jeans Is Really For. Picture. by rosieflower2(f): 2:08pm On Jan 23, 2016
SLIDEwaxie:

lolzzzzzzz... Analyst
Re: What That Little Pocket In Your Jeans Is Really For. Picture. by CaptaiinG(m): 2:31pm On Jan 23, 2016
It is for keeping ur condom
Re: What That Little Pocket In Your Jeans Is Really For. Picture. by MagicBishop: 2:39pm On Jan 23, 2016
It's for "ashewoe I no get money again" use
Re: What That Little Pocket In Your Jeans Is Really For. Picture. by coolzeal(m): 2:39pm On Jan 23, 2016
It’s a watch pocket. Back in the 1800s, cowboys used to wear their watches on chains and kept them in their waistcosts. To keep them from getting broken, Levi's introduced this small pocket where they could keep their watch. For Naija e get as we dey use em..
Re: What That Little Pocket In Your Jeans Is Really For. Picture. by numtums(m): 2:58pm On Jan 23, 2016
grin to keep my baba ijebu and nairabet tickets.
Re: What That Little Pocket In Your Jeans Is Really For. Picture. by MrPolitics: 2:58pm On Jan 23, 2016
I always keep money I don't want people to see there. Nobody ever checks there for money esp bae
Re: What That Little Pocket In Your Jeans Is Really For. Picture. by chiefololade: 3:18pm On Jan 23, 2016
numtums:
grin to keep my baba ijebu and nairabet tickets.
Re: What That Little Pocket In Your Jeans Is Really For. Picture. by BOWOTO(m): 3:20pm On Jan 23, 2016
That's where I keep my SK.

3 Likes

Re: What That Little Pocket In Your Jeans Is Really For. Picture. by bastien: 3:21pm On Jan 23, 2016
I dey use am hide money in case I wan go blow for away, if them bet me collect my money them no go collect my transport
Re: What That Little Pocket In Your Jeans Is Really For. Picture. by Mustay(m): 3:28pm On Jan 23, 2016
It's the most useful pocket - the likelihood of items kept there getting lost is 1/5 jean pockets cool
Re: What That Little Pocket In Your Jeans Is Really For. Picture. by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jan 23, 2016
Ok
Re: What That Little Pocket In Your Jeans Is Really For. Picture. by SPG4U(m): 4:14pm On Jan 23, 2016
ok
Re: What That Little Pocket In Your Jeans Is Really For. Picture. by SPG4U(m): 4:18pm On Jan 23, 2016
[size=18pt] I use to keep expo, microchip and any kind of malpractice stuff in there so many years ago[/size]

meanwhile guys see this threaad on nairaland on the new way to cure stroke, obesity, burn fat, and obesity

https://www.nairaland.com/2844443/know-anybody-down-stroke
Re: What That Little Pocket In Your Jeans Is Really For. Picture. by PhockPhockMan: 4:24pm On Jan 23, 2016
Blackfire:
If u tell our politicians that the only money they can steal, can only fit into that small pocket..... We will be begging people for local govt chairman.

Nice write up @ op

gringringringrin
Re: What That Little Pocket In Your Jeans Is Really For. Picture. by aventura: 4:28pm On Jan 23, 2016
I remember keeping weed in there when I was busted by cops but miraculously they didn't get there if not I for sleep for sanko that night. God bless the makers.
Re: What That Little Pocket In Your Jeans Is Really For. Picture. by aventura: 4:32pm On Jan 23, 2016
PhockPhockMan:

gringringringrin
You quoted the niggar but you couldn't like his post. Na wa oo
Re: What That Little Pocket In Your Jeans Is Really For. Picture. by izuoguboy: 4:42pm On Jan 23, 2016
grin grin grin
Re: What That Little Pocket In Your Jeans Is Really For. Picture. by bharkey(m): 6:11pm On Jan 23, 2016
Its called pocket 5

(1) (2) (Reply)

Original Addidas Club Jersey and joggers clearance price / Albysnr And Jegzlion! Set To Drop Hit Single Titled “ronaldo” / pretty Girls Sew...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.