Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,598 members, 7,827,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Buhari's N4.8bn Budget For Aso Rock Clinic, Websites Embarrassing - Activists - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's N4.8bn Budget For Aso Rock Clinic, Websites Embarrassing - Activists (1014 Views)

Why My Father Is Not Aware Of Poor State Of Aso Rock Clinic –zahra / Aisha Buhari Exposes Aso Rock Clinic Management: "No Single Syringe There" / EFCC Traces N4.8bn To Obanikoro’s Children Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari's N4.8bn Budget For Aso Rock Clinic, Websites Embarrassing - Activists by Kenai: 6:36pm On Jan 23, 2016
Rights activists on Friday described the N4bn proposed for Aso Rock clinic and N800m for a website in the 2016 budget as embarrassing and abnormal.

The activists claimed that the proposals were the direct opposite of President Muhammadu Buhari’s change mantra.

President, Rights Monitoring Group and Country Director, Centre on Convention for Democratic Integrity, Mr. Femi Aduwo, said proposing such a huge amount for Aso Rock clinic and website indicated that the President’s change mantra was just by name and not by action.

He said, “If N4bn is proposed for Aso Rock clinic in a year and the facility is meant for the Very Important People, I want to believe that the VIPs go beyond the President and the Vice-President. For example, if you have an equipped clinic in Aso Rock, all the former presidents, former ministers and former governors can go there for medical checkup, but as it were today, we know that all the former presidents and former governors don’t use Aso Rock clinic. This is an Aso Rock clinic that could not take care of former President Umaru Yar’Adua when he was sick.

“So, if you propose N4bn to be spent and there are elements of trust and transparency in the spending, there is no problem with that, but if you propose N10 for the project and the money is looted or stolen, we will still go back to square one.

Aduwo added that it was shameful that N800m was proposed for a website in this modern era, when the website of the United States President, Barack Obama, cost less than $1m.

Another activist and lawyer, Mr. Ebun Adegboruwa, urged Nigerians to join him to persuade the President to reduce the budget for the Aso Rock clinic and the website.

While recalling that Nigerians were angry when former President Goodluck Jonathan budgeted N1bn for feeding in 2014, Adegboruwa asked Buhari to be a “shining example of a Spartan leader who is not interested in living a life of luxury at the expense of the people he was elected to govern. He should let the charity begin at home.”

He said, “There is a consensus that the budget is not that of change expected from the President. The change means you don’t want to do things the way they were used to be done.

“Though I accept the fact that the Office of the President deserves all the glamour and the state of the art equipment, the amount budgeted for Aso Rock renovation, for website, for Aso Rock clinic, for maintenance of generator is becoming like a scandal to us as a nation. This is very bad and I urge the President to scale down the items of luxury; the items that have no explanation.

“The President has no record of any medical illness. [size=13pt]When the campaign was on and it was alleged that he had health challenges, he denied it flatly. So, who is going to use the N4bn Aso Rock clinic?[/size] The vice-president and his wife are hale and hearty. So, who is going to use the facility? This is not a good example at all. I believe that the President will listen to the cry of Nigerians and scale down the budget.”

The Executive Chairman, Coalition Against Corrupt Leaders, Mr. Debo Adeniran, said some of the proposals in the budget were embarrassing.

Adeniran said some Nigerians, who had expected Buhari’s government to be prudent, would be disappointed by the proposals, which he considered as outrageous.

He said, “The costs of many items in the budget are very outrageous and it is very embarrassing that a government that claims to be prudent in spending is allocating so much money to some little items.

“If one ministry plans to upgrade its website for as much as N800m, then how much would all the federal ministries upgrade their websites or set up new ones?

“This is a country that is asking average Nigerians to tighten their belts; why should it be that it is at the level of the people that we tighten our belts while those in authorities will be losing theirs? It is uncalled for.”
http://www.punchng.com/buharis-n4-8bn-budget-for-clinic-website-embarrassing-activists/

There you have it. The so called "honest man" marketed on pure lies, distortion of facts and exploitation of the electorate's ignorance.
A few days ago when Fayose said this man was turning governance into a Nollywood film, some people were offended. But let's be very frank with ourselves... Did he lie?

Has Buhari not turned the presidency into an embarrassingly aimless season film? Has he not - with his obvious policy sommersaults, lack of critical decision-making, poor multitasking skills and kindegarten propaganda - turned governance into a spectacle of cluelessness?

Are we so quick to forget the totally UNNECESSARY circus drama he put up for 4 straight months just to pick his ministers? When serious leaders in other countries built their cabinets In under a week and got things moving right away, our Kim Kardashian president had his zombies trending the hashtag #TheList and tweeting baseless trash.
When the September deadline he had set for himself was already coming to an end, and when it dawned on him that he was about to shhhitt the bed, he put up another show right on the 30th day, taking pictures of himself handing an envelope to Saraki. Can you truly, in your hearts, tell me that these are traits of a serious leader?

Who can forget his asset declaration misadventure, where he promised, prior to his election, that he would OPENLY declare his assets as well as implore his MINISTERS to declare their assets.
But when he won, what happened? Music suddenly changed. The story turned to "I have declared my assets to CCB, go and argue with them" overnight.
After pressure, and knowing his game was closing up on him, he came out with the embarrassingly vague and completely laughable story about owning "some parcels of land here and there" as well as "A piece of land somewhere in Port Harcourt".
Mr. Man, how can you not know where your Port Harcourt land is? Don't you have the documents? Or are they with the military too, just like your WASC?

Who still remembers his promises about scrapping the Office of the First Lady? Just last week, the same first lady held a forum for "Wives of Nigerian Government Leaders" featuring the wives of Nigerian governors as well as her self o.
They're still in the forum stage. Tomorrow, they'll move to solidarity visits, and finally the infamous "Pet Projects" that do nothing but help them siphon funds while their husbands' gullible supporters fight on the internet after getting energized by Mama Aisha's stomach infrastructure.

This is where we are now.

Chai Baba.
Thanks for the change

cc: Lalasticlala, Dominique, Ishilove, Firefire, AgabaI23, Atlwireles, WhiteTechnology, Whynotthetruth, Beremx, sunnyb0b0, Anonimi, MizMyColi, Ola6, Chukwudi44, NgeneUkwenu, Midolian, Modath, OrlandoOwoh, Jarus, Owobokiri, Owobikiri, AnambraDota, Rozayx5, Mogidi, TonyeBarcanista, Ecoterrors, Rawtruth, Onenaira3, Dabullit

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari's N4.8bn Budget For Aso Rock Clinic, Websites Embarrassing - Activists by ozoigbondu: 6:50pm On Jan 23, 2016
It is obvious to all clear minded individuals that the much touted change of this administration is nothing but a well planned gimmick designed to deceive gullible Nigerians to vote this failed government

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's N4.8bn Budget For Aso Rock Clinic, Websites Embarrassing - Activists by emamos: 6:51pm On Jan 23, 2016
rub+bish
Re: Buhari's N4.8bn Budget For Aso Rock Clinic, Websites Embarrassing - Activists by naijapips02: 6:52pm On Jan 23, 2016
we need more farms to plant yam. grin
Re: Buhari's N4.8bn Budget For Aso Rock Clinic, Websites Embarrassing - Activists by resty4(m): 6:53pm On Jan 23, 2016
Tell d deceivers, abeg.
Re: Buhari's N4.8bn Budget For Aso Rock Clinic, Websites Embarrassing - Activists by CACAWA(m): 8:09pm On Jan 23, 2016
Hmm
Re: Buhari's N4.8bn Budget For Aso Rock Clinic, Websites Embarrassing - Activists by baralatie(m): 8:41pm On Jan 23, 2016
there is God
Re: Buhari's N4.8bn Budget For Aso Rock Clinic, Websites Embarrassing - Activists by mordsith: 8:44pm On Jan 23, 2016
BUHARI IS THE BIGGEST HYPOCRITICAL THIEF NIGERIA WILL EVER HAVE

like if you agree.......share if you disagree

7 Likes

Re: Buhari's N4.8bn Budget For Aso Rock Clinic, Websites Embarrassing - Activists by Chubhie: 8:47pm On Jan 23, 2016
The award for the most clueless government in Nigeria history goes to Apc PMB.
Re: Buhari's N4.8bn Budget For Aso Rock Clinic, Websites Embarrassing - Activists by NoreenUG(f): 10:51am On Jan 24, 2016
The change y'all NEED

1 Like

Re: Buhari's N4.8bn Budget For Aso Rock Clinic, Websites Embarrassing - Activists by NoreenUG(f): 10:53am On Jan 24, 2016
it is very clear to anyone that Buhari is a corrupt thief, who is just too illiterate to know that shouting "anti corruption" is not enough to absolve anyone of his crimes.
The man is a disgusting hypocrite, AND an illiterate grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's N4.8bn Budget For Aso Rock Clinic, Websites Embarrassing - Activists by Blackfire(m): 11:02am On Jan 24, 2016
Taa....taa.... Taa..... All of u waillers abi na activist, buhari is not corrupt, make una leave this man alone, i said he is not corrupt... Infact I CAN SWEAR WITH ANYTHING THAT CANT HARM ME.

Ok bring your own let me swear.
Re: Buhari's N4.8bn Budget For Aso Rock Clinic, Websites Embarrassing - Activists by PRYCE(m): 11:07am On Jan 24, 2016
Oga mi the band of liars are coming for your head oo!

But CHAI!!!
Re: Buhari's N4.8bn Budget For Aso Rock Clinic, Websites Embarrassing - Activists by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jan 24, 2016
I don't understand this Buhari myself. True, I never expected him to be capable of doing any miracle, judging from his past but then I never expected him to offer this impression. Only few things he's done show signs of seriousness.

True honesty or integrity doesn't end or begin with money matters. Corruption is of the soul and without the corruption of the person nothing is stolen or corruptible, you are not corrupt or has integrity because you steal money or claim not to have stolen or steal money. Corruption and integrity are bigger than that.

I don't understand what's happening to him. And when I factor in the fact that it took him 12 years to get here I get even more confused. Yes, I never believed he's a better man than Jonathan as some tried to make those of us who don't study history believe but then I expected him to do better in certain areas.

The afterthought is what I don't understand also. What about the 1.7billion naira for his meal and 78 million for haircut. I wonder if he reads through these things and go ahead to approve them or is it that he doesn't go through them at all? Any way you it look at you see a sign of insincerity to the cause.

Time will tell. I'm just been irrationally optimistic for now.
Re: Buhari's N4.8bn Budget For Aso Rock Clinic, Websites Embarrassing - Activists by free13: 2:39pm On Jan 24, 2016
Hmmm.....

(1) (Reply)

Ex-senate President, Ex-ministers, Ex- Deputy Governor,dump PDP For APC In Benue / ANAMBRA RE-RUN: INEC Acknowledged Ngige’s Withdrawal, Accept Substitution / What Does Your Name Stand For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.