Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,812,999 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:14 AM

Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? (72293 Views)

Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. / / Is The Marriage Fake When This Happens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by laoma15(m): 8:03pm On Jan 24, 2016
The picture i saw there does not look like any marriage certificate issued in Nigeria. There are no names, no address, no state, no signatures. Common! Marriage certificate doesn't expire.

By the way, what man in his right senses would want to marry and dissappear just like that? It's insane. Not all Nigerians are corrupt and not every Nigerians are desperate.

I didn't buy this story.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by aishaquest(f): 8:06pm On Jan 24, 2016
Turn him in to the INS.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by bewla(m): 8:17pm On Jan 24, 2016
LAjibade:
I have not seen him again and I have not spoken with him since September 2013, which was only three months after he arrived to America. I did asked him on Facebook but he won't respond.
its are u also fake cos your name tag sound naija or you just want to fraud us to

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jan 24, 2016
oseiwe:

wonderful. u sabi d ting

I've processed both a Fiancee and Spousal visa through Lagos embassy.

Have a nice Sunday.
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by oyeah786(m): 8:33pm On Jan 24, 2016
In a typical nig or african marriage the two must knw each others family down to his extended family you will have to go as far as knowing you husbands house and his family members will knw you as their wife but people of this trend see it as silly, that as far as u two love each other then simly go ahead but our fore fathers that instituted this were not silly they were highly brillant pls if you knw your husbands place in nig then locate their if not am very sorry it was you mistake bye.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jan 24, 2016
Ur names are not there sef,no signature by you guys nd ur witnesses,dats not a nigerian marriage certificate.it was only typed nd printed colour.no marriage certificate have expiry date.u are not married
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jan 24, 2016
bewla:
its are u also fake cos your name tag sound naija or you just want to fraud us to

Many NigerWives thinks it's cute to take on Nigerian names. I think it's silly personally because if I wanted a Nigerian Woman with a Nigerian name I would have married one.

But e get as e be.
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by SURElee(f): 8:35pm On Jan 24, 2016
That marriage is fake. You could report his lame ass to the relevant authorities and have his weak ass deported back or leave him as people like him will still err and find themselves back to Nigeria. One of the people giving Nigeria a bad name.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by streetsoldier1(m): 8:37pm On Jan 24, 2016
Addicted2Women:
You're the scam i see here.
I've been in the USA for more than 27 years
I'm from Tompkins county in Ithaca New York.
Number 1 : The US embassy do execute a very intense background check on anyone who wants to come to the Us, After the 911, all the borders were tightened up.
You want to tell me the US government can't differentiate between a genuine and fake marriage certificate ??

Number 2 : Don't you know a citizenship can be revoked if the marriage is fraudulent ??
Once his social security number is ran in the system, they will see everything.

Number 3 : Tell us his name & he will be deported next month.

Number 4 : Please, This is a plot to shame Nigerians.
Just tell us the name of the alleged husband if this is true.
I practice law in two states, New York and Pennsylvania and I'm Nigerian.
Please, try this elsewhere

Where did you get married ??
In Ikoyi magistrate court ??
Or in an ewedu restaurant
??

Please, Nigerians, don't fall for this scam claiming to be an American

YOU JUST SPOKE MY MIND......@OP.......WE ARE NOT FOOLS HERE, IF UR STORY IS ANYTHING TO GO BY, THEN INBOX ME HIS FULL NAME AND U'LL SEE HIS PIX TAKEN AT IKEJA AIRPORT IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS........

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by BOUNTYDOG(m): 8:40pm On Jan 24, 2016
Addicted2Women:
This is how people disgrace Nigerians. Someone brings a fake news and it will be rushed to the front page.

I know all the laws, cities, counties, states, in the United States of America.
Who ever moved this shiit to front page is calling me ignorant and a retard at the same time.

Delete this topic

Only you just dey talk true!
How can one cross yankee immigration with that kind of wedding cert not even a forged one oh but a different thing entirely?
Pls who knows the link to checking marital status online to paste it here
Its written @ D bottom of newer marriage certificates,just log in names and see the status

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by KanwuliaJara: 8:43pm On Jan 24, 2016
Fake!
Especially, CHRISLAMIC wans.
Most are BI-SEXXXY loves! grin

Phock man for night, phock woman for day!

Muchechecheche
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by prophetfire: 8:46pm On Jan 24, 2016
I dnt believ this lady's story. She has a yoruba name and claims not to be nigerian.if actually de guy played on her, she knows what to do.moreover you cnt pass thru US visa office with that shit she calls marriage certificate.just trying to paint nigerians black. Yeye woman or whatever you are.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by RealAdewole(m): 8:47pm On Jan 24, 2016
LAjibade:
I have not seen him again and I have not spoken with him since September 2013, which was only three months after he arrived to America. I did asked him on Facebook but he won't respond.
that thing I'm looking at is not a marriage certificate,
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by glossy6(f): 8:49pm On Jan 24, 2016
The truth is that he scammed you
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by TeeTee02(f): 8:52pm On Jan 24, 2016
Dear LAIDE, did you visit Nigeria for the marriage ceremony? If you did which marriage registry was it?

Also was it based on the marriage you filed for him and which certificate did you present to your Embassy before he was issued a stay?

Is it possible to inform the Embassy that he has absconded after getting the papers and for the papers issued to him to be revoked.

The booklet in your pic is not the marriage certificate.
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by TeeTee02(f): 8:52pm On Jan 24, 2016
Dear LAJIBADE, did you visit Nigeria for the marriage ceremony? If you did which marriage registry was it?

Also was it based on the marriage you filed for him and which certificate did you present to your Embassy before he was issued a stay?

Is it possible to inform the Embassy that he has absconded after getting the papers and for the papers issued to him to be revoked.

The booklet in your pic is not the marriage certificate.
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by perkyendy(m): 8:53pm On Jan 24, 2016
Addicted2Women:
You're the scam i see here.
I've been in the USA for more than 27 years
I'm from Tompkins county in Ithaca New York.
Number 1 : The US embassy do execute a very intense background check on anyone who wants to come to the Us, After the 911, all the borders were tightened up.
You want to tell me the US government can't differentiate between a genuine and fake marriage certificate ??

Number 2 : Don't you know a citizenship can be revoked if the marriage is fraudulent ??
Once his social security number is ran in the system, they will see everything.

Number 3 : Tell us his name & he will be deported next month.

Number 4 : Please, This is a plot to shame Nigerians.
Just tell us the name of the alleged husband if this is true.
I practice law in two states, New York and Pennsylvania and I'm Nigerian.
Please, try this elsewhere

Where did you get married ??
In Ikoyi magistrate court ??
Or in an ewedu restaurant
??

Please, Nigerians, don't fall for this scam claiming to be an American

SHE HAS GONE SILENT

THE PROBLEM I HAVE WITH NAIRALAND MODERATOR IS PUTING STORIES THAT ARE NOT SUPPOSE TO BE IN FRONTLINE THERE

THIS LADY OR WHOSOEVER THE OP IS JOINED NAIRALAND TODAY

Time registered: January 24, 2016
Time spent online: 2 hours & 4 minutes

YOU CAN VERIFY THIS FROM HER PROFILE AND MAKE SUCH CLAIM AND WITH ALL THIS COMMENT NO RESPOND FROM HER YET

IF ITS REAL LET HER PROVIDE THE NAME AND NECCESSARY INFORMATION AND LET THOSE WHO HAVE OFFERED TO HELP TRACK THE MAN DOWN

WHY TARNISH NIGERIA NAME JUST TO GET YOUR POST TO THE FRONT LINE?

THATS BAD! YOU JUST CALLED ALL THE NIGERIAN'S OUT

http://seyiadesina.com/word/god-punish-my-husband-angry-wife-said/
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by MsZeezah: 9:15pm On Jan 24, 2016
LAjibade,

You know what you can do? Report him to USCIS. By this time, he should either be in the process of getting his 10 year permanent residence card or his US passport based on 3 years of marriage to a US citizen.

Report him to USCIS citing case of marriage fraud, and they will nab him in the process of changing his status. He will definitely send papers to US authorities to adjust his papers and there is where they will nab him. Collage as much evidence as you can and watch things fall apart for him. I hate men like that

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by sonnie10: 9:18pm On Jan 24, 2016
Addicted2Women:

Mehn
You don't know shiit.
Remove what condition on what visa ??
You don't know anything about american visa.
Once he gets the visa and migrates here, he only needs 2 weeks to receive his SSN and Permanent residence.
What do you need the visa for ??
There is no goddam condition removal.

Guy, you are confused here. For your information, every US immigration visa issued based on marriage is taged "conditional residence."They do not give a permanent residence but a CONDITIONAL PERMANENT RESIDENCE. The person is required after 2 years to apply for the condition to be removed or else they may start removal proceedings (deportation). Once it is two years, you will be written to come and proof that you are still committed in that marriage. Among the documents you must present are your spouse's proof of citizenship and you and your spouse jointly owned document.

So, don't say what you do not know, these information is on their website if you care to look it up.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jan 24, 2016
MsZeezah:
LAjibade,

You know what you can do? Report him to USCIS. By this time, he should either be in the process of getting his 10 year permanent residence card or his US passport based on 3 years of marriage to a US citizen.

Report him to USCIS citing case of marriage fraud, and they will nab him in the process of changing his status. He will definitely send papers to US authorities to adjust his papers and there is where they will nab him. Collage as much evidence as you can and watch things fall apart for him. I hate men like that

So here's someone with correct info.

USCIS is not going to go looking for him to pick him up because an estranged Wife called them. They'll simply wait for him. We never forget.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jan 24, 2016
sonnie10:

Guy, you are confused here. For your information, every US immigration visa issued based on marriage is taged "conditional residence."They do not give not give a permanent residence but a CONDITIONAL PERMANENT RESIDENCE. The person is required after 2 years to apply for the condition to be removed or else they may start removal proceedings (deportation). Once is it two years, you will be written to come and proof that you are still committed in that marriage. Among the documents you must present are your spouse's proof of citizenship and you and your spouse jointly owned document.

So, don't say what you do not know, these information is on their website if you care to look it up.

You're partially correct as well as the other person.

If you're married for less than two years upon entry into the US, then you get a conditional 2 year residence permit, not a visa. You will have to feel to remove the conditions not more than 3 months before your 2nd year anniversary. Don't miss that date, filing after the card has expired is one of the surest way foe legal aliens to be deported. Many are back in home countries for missing the deadline.

If you're married for more than 2 years upon entering the US then you get a 10 year residence permit with no need to remove conditions. Just lifetime renewals unless you opt to become a citizen.
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by blaxx: 9:30pm On Jan 24, 2016
if you serious, go report to the authorities.
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by porshuch: 9:44pm On Jan 24, 2016
Damn fake .
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by InvertedHammer: 9:57pm On Jan 24, 2016
/

All you have to do is take the certificate, his SSN, name, etc.and all the immigration papers, go to court, file for divorce (per marriage through fraud). Make sure you fill in as much information as possible. The court will nullify the marriage or find out that it is fake. They will find him. By the way, how can you say that you cannot locate in? In this day and age? I find it difficult to believe.

They will revoke his green card or citizenship. And he will definitely find himself in a gulag or MMIA, Lagos.

But for some reason, I DON'T BELIEVE YOUR STORY.

/

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by slightlyMad(f): 10:01pm On Jan 24, 2016
he is a conditional permanent resident as far as i know, he will be back begging in 2 years when he tries to renew his green card

InvertedHammer:
/
All you have to do is take the certificate, his SSN, name, etc.and all the immigration papers, go to court, file for divorce (per marriage through fraud). Make sure you fill in as much information as possible. The court will nullify the marriage or find out that it is fake. They will find him. By the way, how can you say that you cannot locate in? In this day and age? I find it difficult to believe.
They will revoke his green card or citizenship. And he will definitely find himself in a gulag or MMIA, Lagos.
/
citizenship cannot be revoked, there is room for disagreement in marriages which can lead to divorce, i believe
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by InvertedHammer: 10:07pm On Jan 24, 2016
slightlyMad:
he is a conditional permanent resident as far as i know, he will be back begging in 2 years when he tries to renew his green card

citizenship cannot be revoked, there is room for disagreement in marriages which can lead to divorce, i believe
/
Citizenship through naturalization (which applies to his status) can be revoked if:
1. Citizenship is obtained illegally.
2. Concealment of Material fact or willful misrepresentation
3. Membership or affiliation with certain organizations.

Although he is not there yet bc he has been only 2 years in USA.

The only way to pursue the case is through the court.

/

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by MilesLamar(m): 10:30pm On Jan 24, 2016
Am just sad you av to go through all that. Frm your post you seem nice.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Royruky(m): 10:39pm On Jan 24, 2016
LAjibade:
Hello everyone. I have a question and was hoping you could shed me some light in a matter. I am in America. I went to Nigeria in 2011 and married my husband. I petition for him in 2012 and he arrived to America in 2013. Three months later he left. He is here in America, just not with me. He just left once he received his social security number, his permanent visa and a job in two months of being here. I haven't heard from him nor seen him again. I been wondering for a long time if my marriage to him is valid. In the marriage license it says it expired in 2013. I don't understand that.

Was our marriage set up or arranged to be temporary? I don't really understand Nigerian law or customs concerning marriage. (I am not Nigerian) I know my husband was rushing me to get him here before that expiration date. I am very confused. I also went to the office of public records here in America and they couldn't find any marital records of me and my husband, nothing. On the back of my marriage license issued in Nigeria, there is a website of marriage records, I entered my name and his name and didn't find anything. It just says no records found. Am I married to him or was it all fake? Can you please help me find out? I'd appreciate it. Even if it was all a scam, I still have Nigeria in my heart and will never have anything against Nigeria and Nigerians. Just my husband. Thank you in advance.

There is nothing from the certificate posted to show that it was fake.

The marriage of course is valid if you complied with all the requirements of the Marriage Act. The mere fact that an expiration date is on the document you posted is immaterial.

The document you posted is not the marriage certificate.

Get a lawyer to verify the authenticity of the marriage for you
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by cherriex(f): 10:55pm On Jan 24, 2016
Am still surprised at how lots of nairalanders can't see that this story is 100% fake and was meant to get preys.
This story teller even went ahead to say she's not Nigerian,knowing fully how Nigerian Men will fall for anything in diaspora.this Lady will scam you instead.MEN BEWARE this story is to Scam you.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by cherriex(f): 11:11pm On Jan 24, 2016
-Is that all you have as an evidence of your marriage?
-where are all the papers and documents u used when applying for your husband to relocate-
-where is your wedding pictures,abi wuna no dey snap??
And with all these in the US u can't pinned him down through the right authorities
Lets assume you are right and He FAKED everything,atleast....
1.you knw his full name
2.The US will never forget how and for what reason he entered the country in the first place.they definitely have a record of His migration to Us.
In a Nutshell story for the gods.
And just INCASE u are being truthful.Go follow the right channel.damn! am sure u are wrong Nways.
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by toprealman: 11:21pm On Jan 24, 2016
LAjibade:
Hello everyone. I have a question and was hoping you could shed me some light in a matter. I am in America. I went to Nigeria in 2011 and married my husband. I petition for him in 2012 and he arrived to America in 2013. Three months later he left. He is here in America, just not with me. He just left once he received his social security number, his permanent visa and a job in two months of being here. I haven't heard from him nor seen him again. I been wondering for a long time if my marriage to him is valid. In the marriage license it says it expired in 2013. I don't understand that.

Was our marriage set up or arranged to be temporary? I don't really understand Nigerian law or customs concerning marriage. (I am not Nigerian) I know my husband was rushing me to get him here before that expiration date. I am very confused. I also went to the office of public records here in America and they couldn't find any marital records of me and my husband, nothing. On the back of my marriage license issued in Nigeria, there is a website of marriage records, I entered my name and his name and didn't find anything. It just says no records found. Am I married to him or was it all fake? Can you please help me find out? I'd appreciate it. Even if it was all a scam, I still have Nigeria in my heart and will never have anything against Nigeria and Nigerians. Just my husband. Thank you in advance.
Hope you didn't break up with your bae for this waste of space.
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by erico2k2(m): 11:24pm On Jan 24, 2016
LAjibade:

I'm forced to think you are joking with people on here, or you got bored and thought it would be a good idea to post what we call RUBBISH on here and foolishly you got 4 likes and people are responding,if what you posted is assumed by you as a marriage certificate then you got a lot to learn, for starters why would you marriage certificate have an expiry date? and if waht you showed was what he presented at your embassy he wont be let into the US simple. So what's the true situation??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! / American Woman's Father Accepts Her Nigerian Husband Finally / Delta Hunter Lures Housewife Into Sex Romp In A Thick Forest With Bush Meat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.