Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,702 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction (66653 Views)

Building Under Construction Collapses In Ilorin (Photos, Video) / Two Storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Lagos (Photos) / Land For Sale-Ibeju Lekki, The Dubai of Africa. Site Inspection is Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by banmee(m): 2:35pm On Jan 24, 2016
shizzy7:
Is Lagos the only state in Nigeria?

Out of 36 and FCT....shior...

Blame your leaders. Especially your governors.

4 Likes

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by Gerrard59(m): 2:38pm On Jan 24, 2016
The projects are private driven. No government involvement at all.

Lagos is definitely the West African hub to work, live and play. Initiatives like this should be commended as they help in population diversity; when completed, high-heeled folks in Victoria Island will relocate to Eko Atlantic City thereby freeing homes, flats, houses for we the upcoming employees.

Everywhere in the world, there exists poor people. Be it in San Francisco, London, Singapore, Shanghai, Mumbai and even Johannesburg. There will always be the poor amongst us, it's government responsibility to enable the environment to be conducive and level playing field for people to grab opportunities.

Plumbers, carpenters, tilers, window cleaners, masons, architects will be employed and their services needed. The multiply effect is ginormous.
What the SS/SE governments should do is to diversify the economy from oil and gas(mostly Rivers state, which I hold in high esteem), provide a safe environment (the Warri Shoprite), develop its human capital and support manufacturing and high tech services by investors, whether small, medium or large. Should oil prices further go down, a city like Eket would be a ghost town. Let's begin now to diversify and attract different businesses.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jan 24, 2016
jojoki:
Ekooooooooo!
If you be woman I 4 don marry you since. Beautiful Lagos

Lagos and Beautiful in the same sentence? which part? have you ever travelled outside Nigeria?

PS: To the OP, Dubai did not become what it is by condoning mediocrity and lacking building standards/ Town planning.
Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by iamord(m): 2:46pm On Jan 24, 2016
Good development for the city of logos and Nigeria. But emphasis should not always be on the island. For me the island is over rated. Yaba axis is an untapped mine that if redevelopment with respect to vertical development comes in. The place can rival the island for commercial space and high end residential. Not forgetting it's ability to link to different parts of lagos.

1 Like

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by jojoki: 2:49pm On Jan 24, 2016
lookandlaff:

Lagos and Beautiful in the same sentence? which part? have you ever travelled outside Nigeria?

PS: To the OP, Dubai did not become what it is by condoning mediocrity and lacking standards.

Odeeson, you won't mind your miserable market but always pock nose to other pple's affair. Your type are from a slum taken from village to house help in Lagos. Oponu

4 Likes

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jan 24, 2016
jojoki:

Odeeson, you won't mind your miserable market but always pock nose to other pple's affair. Your type are from a slum taken from village to house help in Lagos. Oponu
case in point on the exaltation of mediocrity that is Lagos

1 Like

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by amodu(m): 2:55pm On Jan 24, 2016
Thank you for acknowledging him
raumdeuter:
Thank you Asiwaju Tinubu

1 Like

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by smartmoses(m): 2:55pm On Jan 24, 2016
Hahahah! Joseph the Dreamer,Feel free to dream.Just Imagination,I wonder hw a reasonable person will post this and say it is Lagos where I live.any way shaa this is Lagos.keep on dreaming
Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by smartmoses(m): 2:56pm On Jan 24, 2016
smartmoses:
Hahahah! Joseph the Dreamer,Feel free to dream.Just Imagination,I wonder hw a reasonable person will post this and say it is Lagos where I live.any way shaa this is Lagos.keep on dreaming
Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by ceejay80s(m): 2:57pm On Jan 24, 2016
Op na inside ur dream u see all this one abi no be dis lagos wey I dey ?
Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by treach(m): 2:58pm On Jan 24, 2016
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa

6D DREAM.. ALL THIS STRUCTURES FROM OUR PRESENT ADMINISTRATION

MORE OF THIS NONSENSE I WILL LEAVE
NAIRALAND.. STRAIGHT..
Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by bigiyaro(m): 2:59pm On Jan 24, 2016
Not surprising, wen u see civilize people, dia region is always developing. Eko oni baje o. I love Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by Rossikk(m): 3:04pm On Jan 24, 2016
ceejay80s:
Op na inside ur dream u see all this one abi no be dis lagos wey I dey ?
There are a lot of things going on in Lagos which you know nothing about.

2 Likes

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by HomeOfMe(f): 3:06pm On Jan 24, 2016
I pray it happens sooner than we think.
Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by Enesi47: 3:12pm On Jan 24, 2016
K9blunt:
But all these are on the island what about mainland like yaba, Ikeja, ikorodu and iyana ipaja areas? undecided
use your IQ type some things meaningful ipod lady. What are you still doing in lagos, abi you don't have 5k to buy biafaud passport ni,, I just want to remind you that no city that Dos nt have under develop side.
Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by jimi4us: 3:13pm On Jan 24, 2016
Igbo men don buy all the whole properties sincceeee. Eko o ni baje na for people wey go come dey sweep the street for igbos in eko Atlantic city. Ask any Hausa man how far.
Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by minwafor: 3:16pm On Jan 24, 2016
As far as those structures are concentrated on the island, I am not interested. Urban development should be holistic, not just concentrated in a few square meters.
Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by desmond2pk: 3:18pm On Jan 24, 2016
Lol. Tinubu wayo. Who owns the houses?
Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by Silentmind(m): 3:19pm On Jan 24, 2016
wordbank:
What is really happening south-eastern part of Nigeria?
The politics and cruelty over there is hell in today's system. The little modernisations that was taking place were halted for reasons unclear to us till date.
Lagos is fast growing while others state are yet to be born. Our businesses are gradually moving over to lagos thereby building one capital city.

Our decisions today is our future.

What have you done to make change come to the east?
Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by akigbemaru: 3:24pm On Jan 24, 2016
eko atlantic.
Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by koning: 3:28pm On Jan 24, 2016
You can't even show us a single block of foundation being laid. Mitcheeew. Na inside computer designs we come live and work?. Some of these projects will never leave the computer on which they were designed. Not with the current price of crude oil.
Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by koning: 3:31pm On Jan 24, 2016
bigiyaro:
Not surprising, wen u see civilize people, dia region is always developing. Eko oni baje o. I love Lagos.

Lagos is not included in your regionooo. Your region is Oyo, Osun, Ondo, Ekiti and Ogun. I love Lagos too. We all(Nigerians) own it.
Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by teamchocolate: 3:38pm On Jan 24, 2016
Smh, your case is hopeless, immediately I saw the pics and negative criticism, I knew it was anonimi. nothing Lagos state ever does is good enuf for you...pls where are you from, cuz any positive sounding thing from Lagos state gives you headache..

grin grin and we just aligned with the centre, so your headache has just started!

anonimi:
What percentage % of Lagos STATE looks like this?
Where will the workers come from since the rulers of the state in the last 17 years gave no regard to education?
When shall we focus on HUMAN capital development in addition to the focus on physical development that is sustainable?

2 Likes

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by Realone92(m): 3:43pm On Jan 24, 2016
We are indeed blessed in naija honestly. where is the money ?
Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by HtwoOw: 3:44pm On Jan 24, 2016
Omo see levels
Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by sayitright: 3:57pm On Jan 24, 2016
rubbish..... story 4 babalawo. ....
Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by banio: 3:57pm On Jan 24, 2016
I concur
Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by emyblinkx(m): 4:01pm On Jan 24, 2016
rumour
Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jan 24, 2016
koning:
You can't even show us a single block of foundation being laid. Mitcheeew. Na inside computer designs we come live and work?. Some of these projects will never leave the computer on which they were designed. Not with the current price of crude oil.
ogbeni open your eyes and check those pictures again.do you think everything there is graphics? There is real construction going on there
Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by naijafresh: 4:02pm On Jan 24, 2016
Misplaced priorities..
We need factories, schools, hospitals and sustainable investments not glossy high rise buildings.

Dubai didn't buy all these buildings with sand and bumpy the way how much is crude these days?
Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by Stanbeto: 4:06pm On Jan 24, 2016
I own offices and apartmen there. Ni Baje Eko Nwanne

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Landlord Warns Against Wearing Trousers Or Shorts In House In Enugu / House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government / Bella Disu Completes Luxurious High Rise Complex (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.