Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,897 members, 7,817,644 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Tasty Meals But No Aroma! - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Tasty Meals But No Aroma! (1950 Views)

How To Cook Tasty Chicken Curry Sauce For White Rice (Pics, Video) / What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? / The Meals Twitter User Made With Less Than 3k!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tasty Meals But No Aroma! by Izzystevens: 7:26am On Jan 24, 2016
Hello everyone, the above subject matter refers smiley

I need to know what i'm not getting right in my kitchen as my meals does not cause the whole estate to wonder who is cooking cheesy cheesy

Could it be "my hand" as some people have told me in the past?

I started noticing during my NYSC days some 9yrs ago. A male colleague then, the moment he starts cooking by frying ordinary onions, the whole Corpers' Lodge is filled with the aroma of his cooking. Most painful part is the dude may not even be cooking more can bachelor's concoction, while me on the other hand, with all my condiments for a complete pot of soup, nobody gets to "hear" my soup smell, they only "see" when i'm done cooking. cry
I've tried all manner to bring an end to these aromaless cooking of mine, i've tried as far as frying my iru 1st with onions, frying onions till they are tender before the cooking, all to no avail.
My household qualify my cooking as "tasty but i want aroma also.

Pls help!
Re: Tasty Meals But No Aroma! by Cutehector(m): 7:29am On Jan 24, 2016
Na aroma person go chop? Jeeez! Women will never get it in this life. They all so insecure about everythin in this life even d meaningless ones
Re: Tasty Meals But No Aroma! by Izzystevens: 7:33am On Jan 24, 2016
@ cutehector, U no go understand.
Yesterday morning, while hubby was doing the laundry, he kept asking who wan "cut" hin nose with the aroma of fried chicken. It was too strong!

Give me same chicken 2 fry.... embarassed

Thanks 4 ur comment sha.
Re: Tasty Meals But No Aroma! by Cutehector(m): 7:35am On Jan 24, 2016
Izzystevens:
@ cutehector, U no go understand.
Yesterday morning, while hubby was doing the laundry, he kept asking who wan "cut" hin nose with the aroma of fried chicken. It was too strong!

Give me same chicken 2 fry.... embarassed

Thanks 4 ur comment sha.
looool just relax alright. If you are very good with spices then d aroma u are dyn to hav will surface.
Re: Tasty Meals But No Aroma! by aydelicious: 5:55pm On Jan 24, 2016
Cutehector:
looool just relax alright. If you are very good with spices then d aroma u are dyn to hav will surface.
you are right with what you said but I can help you with the names of spices you can be using when it comes with cooling, are you interested in the names?
Re: Tasty Meals But No Aroma! by Cutehector(m): 6:20pm On Jan 24, 2016
aydelicious:

you are right with what you said but I can help you with the names of spices you can be using when it comes with cooling, are you interested in the names?
yes of course. As long as u dnt involve money.
Re: Tasty Meals But No Aroma! by aydelicious: 6:42pm On Jan 24, 2016
Cutehector:
yes of course. As long as u dnt involve money.
sorry,money involved ooh because I will just tell you the names and then you will go to market by yourself to get it whenever you want to cook any soup you have in mind to cook
Re: Tasty Meals But No Aroma! by Cutehector(m): 6:45pm On Jan 24, 2016
aydelicious:

sorry,money involved ooh because I will just tell you the names and then you will go to market by yourself to get it whenever you want to cook any soup you have in mind to cook
lol cmon.. does God ask u for money wen u need help from him?
Re: Tasty Meals But No Aroma! by aydelicious: 7:04pm On Jan 24, 2016
Cutehector:
lol cmon.. does God ask u for money wen u need help from him?
smile,you do need to talk like this...se if you are going to school and you need money to Do something in school se you will not look for the money, sorry ooh I can only help you with words of mouth ,you are the one you will work to achieve it ooh
Re: Tasty Meals But No Aroma! by Cutehector(m): 7:07pm On Jan 24, 2016
aydelicious:

smile,you do need to talk like this...se if you are going to school and you need money to Do something in school se you will not look for the money, sorry ooh I can only help you with words of mouth ,you are the one you will work to achieve it ooh
sorry, are u a lady or a guy? Pls
Re: Tasty Meals But No Aroma! by aydelicious: 7:56pm On Jan 24, 2016
Cutehector:
sorry, are u a lady or a guy? Pls
smiling...bros why are you asking now
okay ooh....I am a mAn like you!.
Re: Tasty Meals But No Aroma! by Izzystevens: 9:42pm On Jan 24, 2016
Cutehector, i'm beginning 2 suspect u. Sure say ur food dey get aroma? Seems u are interested in d spices more dan me sef.

Anyways, aydelicious, i'm all ears abi eyes, pls gimme d names of dos spices make i try dem out.

Tnx in advance.

1 Like

Re: Tasty Meals But No Aroma! by Izzystevens: 9:51pm On Jan 24, 2016
Some of my dishes tongue

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Tasty Meals But No Aroma! by Izzystevens: 9:55pm On Jan 24, 2016
More

1 Like

Re: Tasty Meals But No Aroma! by Izzystevens: 10:01pm On Jan 24, 2016
Others

1 Like

Re: Tasty Meals But No Aroma! by Izzystevens: 10:24pm On Jan 24, 2016
Moi moi with nutmeg. Aroma came out

2 Likes

Re: Tasty Meals But No Aroma! by Izzystevens: 10:34pm On Jan 24, 2016
smiley

Re: Tasty Meals But No Aroma! by Izzystevens: 10:44pm On Jan 24, 2016
Funny enough, mum isn't like me cos when she boiled water back den, na d aroma of d water dey make us knw say eba don reach 2 make.

We didn't have a 'whispering kettle' back then.

Chefs! Experienced cooks! Pls come 2 my aid ooooooo
Re: Tasty Meals But No Aroma! by baby124: 11:38pm On Jan 24, 2016
Lol, you no get head for cooking. So na notice me you de find. You want to catch girls through your cooking. Let me give you better advice, make sure you fry your onions first, that will draw out a sweet and delicious aroma. Also open windows and doors and people will smell your food better. I notice that food that is less watery attracts delicious smells. Like frying pepper or steaming moi moi. Also making the Eba thick gives the local eba smell.
Most important point in this is that, it could be that your food stuff is not fresh, for example fish. I only buy fresh fish and the smell na helele when I cook it. Good luck shakara cook.
Re: Tasty Meals But No Aroma! by Cutehector(m): 6:39am On Jan 25, 2016
Izzystevens:
Cutehector, i'm beginning 2 suspect u. Sure say ur food dey get aroma? Seems u are interested in d spices more dan me sef.

Anyways, aydelicious, i'm all ears abi eyes, pls gimme d names of dos spices make i try dem out.

Tnx in advance.

am sure aydelicious will give u d names of d spices free of charge, since your a woman...
Re: Tasty Meals But No Aroma! by Izzystevens: 8:21am On Jan 25, 2016
baby124:
Lol, you no get head for cooking. So na notice me you de find. You want to catch girls through your cooking. Let me give you better advice, make sure you fry your onions first, that will draw out a sweet and delicious aroma. Also open windows and doors and people will smell your food better. I notice that food that is less watery attracts delicious smells. Like frying pepper or steaming moi moi. Also making the Eba thick gives the local eba smell.
Most important point in this is that, it could be that your food stuff is not fresh, for example fish. I only buy fresh fish and the smell na helele when I cook it. Good luck shakara cook.

I'm a lady. Thanks.
Re: Tasty Meals But No Aroma! by aydelicious: 5:10pm On Jan 25, 2016
Izzystevens:

Tnx in advance.

alright then,these are names
tyme
curry power
salts
ginger power
nutmeg power
Wight pepper power
garlic power
tomatoes stew seasoning (larsor)
mixed spices seasoning
chicken flavour etc....
these are the one I can let you know for now,you should try this to look how the taste is going to look alike and then the aroma you are going to get out when you are looking.
Re: Tasty Meals But No Aroma! by Cutehector(m): 5:12pm On Jan 25, 2016
aydelicious:

alright then,these are names
tyme
curry power
salts
ginger power
nutmeg power
Wight pepper power
garlic power
tomatoes stew seasoning (larsor)
mixed spices seasoning
chicken flavour
these are the one I can let you know for now,you should try this to look how the taste is going to look alike and then the aroma you are going to get out when you are looking.
u see ur life... cheesy bcus I nor b woman abi? Chei..
Re: Tasty Meals But No Aroma! by aydelicious: 5:16pm On Jan 25, 2016
Cutehector:
u see ur life... cheesy bcus I nor b woman abi? Chei..
I'm trying to help ni now.
Re: Tasty Meals But No Aroma! by Cutehector(m): 5:17pm On Jan 25, 2016
aydelicious:

I'm trying to help ni now.
bcus she has shown u boobs abi... d tym wey I been dey beg u, dey form Donald trump..

It's so so easy to kill a man..
Re: Tasty Meals But No Aroma! by aydelicious: 5:29pm On Jan 25, 2016
Cutehector:
bcus she has shown u boobs abi... d tym wey I been dey beg u, dey form Donald trump..

It's so so easy to kill a man..
smiling....
you don't need to talk like that now, I'm just free to every body.

(1) (Reply)

Happy National Drink Wine Day!! Drink Till You Get Drunk / Six Types Of Bananas, Which Do You Enjoy Most? / Get Your Polished And Destoned Nigerian Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.