Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Cardinal John Onaiyekan To FG - Do More In The Fight Against Corruption - 234jam - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cardinal John Onaiyekan To FG - Do More In The Fight Against Corruption - 234jam (471 Views)

Osinbajo Meets Abdulsalami, Cardinal Onaiyekan & Others In Aso Rock (Photos) / Release Nnamdi Kanu And Tender An Unreserved Apology To Him- onaiyekan to Buhari / How President Buhari Can Stop Boko Haram - Prophet Cardinal Onaiyekan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cardinal John Onaiyekan To FG - Do More In The Fight Against Corruption - 234jam by MediaDeveloper(m): 9:45am On Jan 24, 2016
In view of the current state of the Nation, and the hardship the Nigerian citizens are currently experiencing as a result of past government officials looting public funds and lack of regard for law, Cardinal John Onaiyekan, the Catholic Bishop of Abuja Arch Diocese, has called for synergy between government institutions and religious institutions to fight corruption.

Cardinal Onaiyekan stated this on Saturday, during the priestly ordination of nine priests in the diocese, which took place at the Catholic Pro-cathedral, Abuja.

He said additional effort is needed in the fight against corruption, and that such effort could only be successful with the support of religious institutions.

“It is not Buhari who is telling us to fight corruption. We have been doing it in many ways.

“I think we could do more in the fight against corruption if there is more synergy between government institutions and religious institutions. I am not talking only of the church,”

“There should be such arrangement whereby government officials and religious people can sit down and see how we can all contribute to the fight against corruption,”

“For the moment I don’t think we have gotten the forum for that kind of cooperation.

“If we you want people’s heart to change you have to reach out to us, we are the experts in that,”

“Although we don’t have to wait for them to tell us, but my own believe is that if there is a conscious effort to work together, the impact will be more serious,”

“Nine ordinations in one cathedral at once is a big news, even in the big churches of the world.

“We are among the front liners in the league of nations of the world, in terms of faith,”

“Even if the world is standing for materialism, the priest must stand out, so that other people can see them and emulate, and so that homily can preach louder,” the Cardinal said.

The ordained priests, are Reverend Fathers Vincent Iletogbe, Cephas Magaji Charles Eketelu, Kingsley Fedinand, Emanuel Odiong, Joseph Tyopenda, John Uche, Naset Nwodo and James George.

Source: http://www.234jam.com/2016/01/cardinal-john-onaiyekan-to-fg-do-more.html
Re: Cardinal John Onaiyekan To FG - Do More In The Fight Against Corruption - 234jam by MediaDeveloper(m): 9:50am On Jan 24, 2016
cc lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

See What Really Transpired Between @ngrpresident And That Of UAE (photo) / Change Must Start With Us As Individuals. Pls Read The Story Of Nigeria / Metuh Gave Me $2m To Invest For Him, Witness Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.