Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church (19193 Views)

Pastor Ruth Masuruwa Gives Bible To Emmerson Mnangagwa In Zimbabwe (Photo) / According To The Bible, To Whom Are We To Be Submissive, And Why? / Muslim Woman In Kaduna Donates Bible To Pastor, Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by LeJeun3: 10:35am On Jan 31, 2016

Silence in Church.....

phone doesn't speak na

Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by Nobody: 10:35am On Jan 31, 2016
Oladipupo22:
Thanks Op

All these end time children will not just listen... The Bible calls them hard hearted!

Meanwhile, why are you addicted to your phone Op? That may be a sin too

Shows we all have stuffs we should work on
Am working on buying the type of ipad my pastors are using on sundays undecided

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by Timoleon(m): 10:36am On Jan 31, 2016
ritababe:
so far the phone is on airplane mode no problemo for me..

i tire o!
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by kcemma(m): 10:37am On Jan 31, 2016
Lolz it z cool
vist nduprincekc..com
for updated tech news
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by Chukazu: 10:37am On Jan 31, 2016
one thing about using "phone Bible" is that you always end up doing other stuff on the phone, like checking your social media messages which is very distracting.
but with the hard copy Bible, all you have is the word of God in it entirety and nothing else.
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by kcemma(m): 10:38am On Jan 31, 2016
Lolz it z cool
vist nduprincekc..com.ng
for updated tech news
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by kcemma(m): 10:38am On Jan 31, 2016
Lolz it z cool
vist
nduprincekc..com.ng
for updated tech news
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by dlashondra(f): 10:38am On Jan 31, 2016
But my bible is inside my phone
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by Nobody: 10:38am On Jan 31, 2016
hertheytheydgee:
Where is it stated that you should go to church? Before determining the issue of silence
Thank u
Tbey just come here and brainwash the fools that refuse to pick up a bible and see it blk n white .. Everybody nah pastor tehy all have something to say ... Tomorrow if one portable music device comes out now n ppl take it to church
Awon weyrey they wud create another bs .. That GOD eidnt tell them smh

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by Lanretoye(m): 10:39am On Jan 31, 2016
OP look at the time you created the topic,where were you supposed to be?. Maybe na morning mass you go tho.

Anyway,na anyhow you like make you take interpret the scripture. Most men of God/god dey use electronic bible for untop alter.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by Juve4(m): 10:40am On Jan 31, 2016
in as much as I use the phone I don't dare use it in church for bible. I have respect for any time I find myself in church.
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by weblogo: 10:44am On Jan 31, 2016
I know that we all love to use our phones everywhere we go and for some of us, we have found an excuse to take the device to church: e-Bible.

I use a TECNO L5 mobile smartphone and as much as I can be called an heavy user of my phone because it lasts long,
I have ensured the phone doesn't go with me to church and here's the scriptural reason!

Thats your opinion because you cant keep your phone in your pocket and concentrate.

I dont use phone bible , I refer to the bible itself because nothing can be compared to it....

The major thing is self control...keep your phone in silence or airplane and concentrate....Controlling your self in the house of God is a better solution..cos its shows you mind is not taking over you just because you brought your L5 to church...you can not leave your eyes back home because you will see temptations even on your way to church
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by Toks2008(m): 10:45am On Jan 31, 2016
easrael:
I know that we all love to use our phones everywhere we go and for some of us, we have found an excuse to take the device to church: e-Bible.

I use a TECNO L5 mobile smartphone and as much as I can be called an heavy user of my phone because it lasts long, I have ensured the phone doesn't go with me to church and here's the scriptural reason!

Habakkuk 2:20King James Version (KJV)

20 But the Lord is in his holy temple: let all the earth keep silence before him.

The day I had a spiritual understanding of this verse was when I changed my mind about this act.

God wants silence in his presence thereby all agents or appearances of distraction must be kept at bay.

I pray that as we read this, the Holy Spirit would teach is more about it.

And what on earth has this got to do with the title of the thread? Op have you considered being a stand up comedian? you will do very well in that area.

*Walks out of thread*

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by Gkemz: 10:48am On Jan 31, 2016
Sorry we can help the situation because sometimes sermon could be little boring.
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by Kingsasian(m): 10:49am On Jan 31, 2016
God bless you bro. Sometimes i am amazed at the way some people reason.
SincereBigot:
myopic..

do you know that the bible were originally scrolls? ok you dont, now go to church with ur scrolls or u are a hypocrite.

secondly the world is advancing, I could recall how popular letters were back in the days and now we have the electronic mail, are u complaining about that?

my point is, there will be a time where the world would be so digitised and there wont be need for paper or books and everything might just have to be on ur phone or pc. the world is changing, so change with it.. the word of God will never change, whether in a scroll, bible, or phone
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by Chukazu: 10:49am On Jan 31, 2016
hertheytheydgee:
Where is it stated that you should go to church? Before determining the issue of silence

"do not forsake the assembly of the brethren "
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by nkemjacob2(m): 10:50am On Jan 31, 2016
U dnt have a point, do u wnt to tell ur fone does not have silence botton?
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by talktonase(m): 10:51am On Jan 31, 2016
This addiction to phone Bible embarrassed me when I was trying to open the book of Habbakuk from a hard copy in church, right next to a pretty lady .It took me 5mins to find the chapter and verse,this was after the preacher had finished reading it. I felt so bad I just had to stop using that phone Bible.
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by menxer: 10:54am On Jan 31, 2016
See how daft "we" reason!

we better go back to scrolls so as not to be distracted and show respect to God.

So because Holy is written on the cover of the Bible it's holy? SMH.
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by dimssy(m): 10:54am On Jan 31, 2016
Lmao. Really,its out of it.
BumBae:

Thank u
Tbey just come here and brainwash the fools that refuse to pick up a bible and see it blk n white .. Everybody nah pastor tehy all have something to say ... Tomorrow if one portable music device comes out now n ppl take it to church
Awon weyrey they wud create another bs .. That GOD eidnt tell them smh

Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by Yorubago(f): 10:55am On Jan 31, 2016
Ask4bigneyo:

Your sin are forgiven,
Oya go and sin no more!

LOL!

Now tell me when you became deputy Jesus grin grin grin grin
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by canadianprince: 11:21am On Jan 31, 2016
I don't even take my bible along with me to the church. The pastor reads the passage and I just listen. If need be, I read it from the projector. I believe the bible as a book is meant to be studied at home or during special programmes like bible study.
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by winner01(m): 11:26am On Jan 31, 2016
misspicy:
I was bothered about this same question and opened a thread on it
www.nairaland.com/2784433/it-proper-take-phones-church
but couldn't get satisfactory replies
Now this thread is still not explanatory enough

can someone with a deep knowledge about this enlighten me? my spirit man is disturbed
http://www.ucg.org/bible-study-tools/booklets
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by GovWahala: 11:26am On Jan 31, 2016
Yommisam:
We all know you cannot cast out demons with a phone Bible. Thats why I dislike it totally
Ignorance at its peak! So it's the Bible that cast out demons? Or God himself using a vessel (I. e Pastor, prophet)
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by oladele239(m): 11:32am On Jan 31, 2016
Nigerians and their hypocrisy....some pastors dont even use the hard copy of the bible on the pulpit...you are here saying we shouldnt use our bible on the phone...#nairaland sef y does this deserve fp
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by unite4real: 11:36am On Jan 31, 2016
Yommisam:
We all know you cannot cast out demons with a phone Bible. Thats why I dislike it totally

Is the paper book Bible in its original state?. Why don't you condemn the paper Bible and request for the previous one which was not in electronic printed form. Look, the paper or phone is not important. What's important is the power behind the word. Have you wondered why ordinary people bear the name Jesus and are not even Christians in the first place and cannot even exercise any power with it. You know why? There is no power in the physical but in the spirit. You can call the name till eternity and nothing will happen unless you add power to it spiritually. I know of a football referee whose name is Jesus and the press once insulted him with his name boldly written on the headline. But you see, they were not talking about the king of Kings and the Lord of lords.
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by Koolmak(m): 11:37am On Jan 31, 2016
Huh!!
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by zicoraads: 11:37am On Jan 31, 2016
I am reading this thread from church grin grin
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by chinedu1nig(m): 11:38am On Jan 31, 2016
easrael:

I use a TECNO L5 mobile smartphone and as much as I can be called an heavy user of my phone because it lasts long, I have ensured the phone doesn't go with me to church and here's the scriptural reason!

Habakkuk 2:20King James Version (KJV)

20 But the Lord is in his holy temple: let all the earth keep silence before him.

The day I had a spiritual understanding of this verse was when I changed my mind about this act.

God wants silence in his presence thereby all agents or appearances of distraction must be kept at bay.

I pray that as we read this, the Holy Spirit would teach is more about it.

Why are you exhibiting your ignorance my friend, are you sure you understood the context of that verse spiritually or you you are just being a victim of some abrakatabra by your pastor.. please, seek for better teaching and be humble enough to accept it.
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by Yorubago(f): 11:42am On Jan 31, 2016
misspicy:
I was bothered about this same question and opened a thread on it
www.nairaland.com/2784433/it-proper-take-phones-church
but couldn't get satisfactory replies
Now this thread is still not explanatory enough

can someone with a deep knowledge about this enlighten me? my spirit man is disturbed

Phones can cause distractions dear except you've developed yourself to that point where it doesn't get to you
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by misspicy(f): 11:57am On Jan 31, 2016
Yorubago:

Phones can cause distractions dear except you've developed yourself to that point where it doesn't get to you
And is that possible?
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by bigmo1(m): 12:03pm On Jan 31, 2016
OP, you were in church when u posted this. Ye are of your father Lai Muhammed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Spirit, Soul and Body: Man's Tripartite Nature Explained with Robot Concept / Ghana's Deputy Minister Of Transport Bans Preaching In Public Buses in Ghana / HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.