Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,865 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church (19192 Views)

Pastor Ruth Masuruwa Gives Bible To Emmerson Mnangagwa In Zimbabwe (Photo) / According To The Bible, To Whom Are We To Be Submissive, And Why? / Muslim Woman In Kaduna Donates Bible To Pastor, Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by misspicy(f): 12:03pm On Jan 31, 2016
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jan 31, 2016
Do you have bad breath/mouth odour, scientifically known has Halitosis. Check out this link to see 12 home remedies to prevent and cure bad breath http://themedicaid..com.ng/2016/01/12-home-remedies-to-prevent-cure-bad.html
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by wisest10: 12:48pm On Jan 31, 2016
its obvious dat many pple dnt know d kind of God they serve, how can u use d phone u use in chating watching ungodly film, hearing ungodly music, in d house of God, christains hmmm, many of u respect d food u eat instead of God, let me ask 'can u use d bowl u use in toilet to cook in d kitchen, remeber it is a bowl oo'....d ans is No, d fact dat it is a bowl does not change d fact dat it is not an instrument used in d kitchen, it has a purpose some where else and equipment use in d kitchen are special only a foolish man can use a bowl for toilet in d kitchen and it is only a foilish christain can use a phone bible in d church.. When u are under attack can u use ur phone as a weapon bcoz it has a bible, devil go destroy u more, but ur bible has been dedicated sacredly to God to be use in d church, if u take dat bible to a shrine d babalawo, will feel d power of d bible(dedicated bible), but if u take ur phone there its rubish it has no effect because it does not have a special dedication, i just wish i can continue but just take dis.....peace b wit u....remeber even d devil quote a bible verse when he wanted to tempt jesus, dat is wat most christains agrguing dis topic ar doing, behaving like ur father d devil, remeber jesus christ also said something like dis............be warned.......

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by Tijay90(m): 12:49pm On Jan 31, 2016
My uncle said these(& more) back in 2009...today he uses an iPad in every service he conducts...make una dey dia dey deceive una sef...BTW,I'm looking for partners to start my own religious corporation...that's where the (tax-free) money is these days.
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by Themandator: 12:50pm On Jan 31, 2016
boboLIL:
Anytin dah its nt Holy Bible is not Bible.....

Are you saying electronic Bible is not as good as the paper version?
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by charlsecy(m): 12:53pm On Jan 31, 2016
Yommisam:
We all know you cannot cast out demons with a phone Bible. Thats why I dislike it totally
Then you dislike it for NOTHING! It is really worrisome that a person who calls himself Christian could utter this kind of a thing! You have a long way to go when it comes to demon casting. Have you been led to believe, as a result of watching Nollywood, that by showing the Devil a copy of the Bible; he will flee?

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by Themandator: 12:54pm On Jan 31, 2016
wisest10:
its obvious dat many pple dnt know d kind of God they serve, how can u use d phone u use in chating watching ungodly film, hearing ungodly music, in d house of God, christains hmmm, many of u respect d food u eat instead of God, let me ask 'can u use d bowl u use in toilet to cook in d kitchen, remeber it is a bowl oo'....d ans is No, d fact dat it is a bowl does not change d fact dat it is not an instrument used in d kitchen, it has a purpose some where else and equipment use in d kitchen are special only a foolish man can use a bowl for toilet in d kitchen and it is only a foilish christain can use a phone bible in d church.. When u are under attack can u use ur phone as a weapon bcoz it has a bible, devil go destroy u more, but ur bible has been dedicated sacredly to God to be use in d church, if u take dat bible to a shrine d babalawo, will feel d power of d bible(dedicated bible), but if u take ur phone there its rubish it has no effect because it does not have a special dedication, i just wish i can continue but just take dis.....peace b wit u....remeber even d devil quote a bible verse when he wanted to tempt jesus, dat is wat most christains agrguing dis topic ar doing, behaving like ur father d devil, remeber jesus christ also said something like dis............be warned.......

When the Bible was in clay form how was it used then against satanic attack besides, did Jesus ask you to have a copy of the Bible Bible in your hands during 'warfare '
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by Themandator: 12:59pm On Jan 31, 2016
charlsecy:
Then you dislike it for NOTHING! It is really worrisome that a person who calls himself Christian could utter this kind of a thing! You have a long way to go when it comes to demon casting. Have you been led to believe, as a result of watching Nollywood, that by showing the Devil a copy of the Bible; he will flee?

Leave the ignoramus.... How many copies did Jesus have before demons bowed to him?
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by omartins(m): 1:02pm On Jan 31, 2016
But my Pastor preach to us using his tablet.
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by Themandator: 1:03pm On Jan 31, 2016
Juve4:
in as much as I use the phone I don't dare use it in church for bible. I have respect for any time I find myself in church.

Do you know how many versions that is at your calls by using phone Bible?

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by Horlufemi(m): 1:04pm On Jan 31, 2016
Yommisam:
We all know you cannot cast out demons with a phone Bible. Thats why I dislike it totally

a bible is not a staff you use to chase demons. The words of the God you know is what you use to chase demons.

Jesus did not use bible to counter the devil. He says It is written, and he mention God those three times. He did not show him bible. He spoke.

if the bible no dey with you at the time so you won't be able to chase demons.

don't turn bible to babalawo object.

So my brother speak the word and the demons with flee. It's is an easy something.

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by Themandator: 1:11pm On Jan 31, 2016
magicfingers009:
TOTAL RUBBISH!

Joshua 1:8 "This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to." The potency of God's Word is when it is in your mouth. Not on some paper or phone or any medium. For the Word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword; Please note that it is NOT the bible but the Word of God.

Some of you have been deceived growing up that when the devil attacks, you would use your bible to hit him on the head, it won't work. Study to show thy self approved onto God. The word of God should be on your lips and in your heart (guard thy heart; for out of it flows the issues of life). Only when the Word is in the inside of you, that is when you can wage proper spiritual warfare.

Whether phone bible or hard cover bible, the potency of the Word of God is when its in your heart and flows through your lips

Where do you worship, please?
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by pumpindkay(m): 1:13pm On Jan 31, 2016
There is no sin in using your phone Bible in the church in as much you put it in flight mode. I like digital Bible cos it save reading history and with this I don't have to write books and chapters down. I sometimes record sermon. But the most important thing is that my phone most be in flight mode.
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by CoolUsername: 1:14pm On Jan 31, 2016
InstaFemiblog:
Ever noticed how the 3G in church is usually Fast That's why I hate my phone Bible cos I always end up at Xvideos.com in church

Internet five!!

O/

Don't leave me hanging!!
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by macino1(m): 1:19pm On Jan 31, 2016
boboLIL:
Anytin dah its nt Holy Bible is not Bible.....

Firstly, what is a bible? Answer that to get your perceptions right. Happy Suday
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by fitinwell: 1:21pm On Jan 31, 2016
[size=18pt]I use my Tablet Tecno G9 as my notepad and E Bible.. Immediately I enter the church auditorium.. I switched my tablet to Flight Mode... U know wat dat means no calls, sms, Data coming in or going out.. Till I got back home! [/size]

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by henrysam(m): 1:26pm On Jan 31, 2016
Yommisam:
Must you place a bible on the demon before it flees. It's the WORD that matters.
Be acquaint with the word of God from the bible either from phone or book bible and thhe deliverance is done
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by macino1(m): 1:30pm On Jan 31, 2016
Yommisam:

So, it is now the "book" bible that can? Why then do you need to meditate on the word day and night. According to the bible?
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by pumpindkay(m): 1:40pm On Jan 31, 2016
wisest10:

Please what about churches that rent keyboard or don't you know that such keyboard as been used in worldly parties. When you have attack pls just raise your bible and alter no word. From slate of stone to big Bible to electronic Bible all are advancement in technology. Let the word be in your mind and on your lips that is when you can use it in war. Witches even carry Bible.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by ebuks4ever(m): 1:44pm On Jan 31, 2016
God bless you brother.... You just said my mind..... I laughed when I saw someone's comment saying he doesn't like phone bible because it cannot cast Satan out.

My people perish for lack of knowledge....

magicfingers009:
TOTAL RUBBISH!

Joshua 1:8 "This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to." The potency of God's Word is when it is in your mouth. Not on some paper or phone or any medium. For the Word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword; Please note that it is NOT the bible but the Word of God.

Some of you have been deceived growing up that when the devil attacks, you would use your bible to hit him on the head, it won't work. Study to show thy self approved onto God. The word of God should be on your lips and in your heart (guard thy heart; for out of it flows the issues of life). Only when the Word is in the inside of you, that is when you can wage proper spiritual warfare.

Whether phone bible or hard cover bible, the potency of the Word of God is when its in your heart and flows through your lips

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by princepaul23: 1:52pm On Jan 31, 2016
it is imperative to note that the scriptures we read today, either in one form or the other was once upon a time written on tablets (stone) Exodus 17. Later we moved on to write on clay, then on papyrus (writing material make from leaves). Then we moved from papyrus to animal skin( parchment), scrolls and then when printing machine was invented, there is need to have the bible in papers. The truth is,the writing materials will continue to change, but the word of God will not change. This topic is more than what someone will come here and quote one verse to defend. For better understanding, one can google it " how we got our English bible" for more information.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by Adarich(m): 2:48pm On Jan 31, 2016
easrael:
I know that we all love to use our phones everywhere we go and for some of us, we have found an excuse to take the device to church: e-Bible.

I use a TECNO L5 mobile smartphone and as much as I can be called an heavy user of my phone because it lasts long, I have ensured the phone doesn't go with me to church and here's the scriptural reason!

Habakkuk 2:20King James Version (KJV)

20 But the Lord is in his holy temple: let all the earth keep silence before him.

The day I had a spiritual understanding of this verse was when I changed my mind about this act.

God wants silence in his presence thereby all agents or appearances of distraction must be kept at bay.

I pray that as we read this, the Holy Spirit would teach is more about it.
And to think that the deafening sound of musical instruments in your 'churches' is part of the silence that God wants in his presence

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by abitafah(m): 3:28pm On Jan 31, 2016
Yommisam:
We all know you cannot cast out demons with a phone Bible. That I dislike it totally
U don't cast out demons by holding d bible. U cast out demons by professing what is written in d bible. The content of d bible has to be in ur head to face any situation in life. Having d bible in ur hand without knowing what is written there is a waste of time.
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by abitafah(m): 3:30pm On Jan 31, 2016
princepaul23:
it is imperative to note that the scriptures we read today, either in one form or the other was once upon a time written on tablets (stone) Exodus 17. Later we moved on to write on clay, then on papyrus (writing material make from leaves). Then we moved from papyrus to animal skin( parchment), scrolls and then when printing machine was invented, there is need to have the bible in papers. The truth is,the writing materials will continue to change, but the word of God will not change. This topic is more than what someone will come here and quote one verse to defend. For better understanding, one can google it " how we got our English bible" for more information.
God bless u my brother
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by charlsecy(m): 3:38pm On Jan 31, 2016
wisest10:
its obvious dat many pple dnt know d kind of God they serve, how can u use d phone u use in chating watching ungodly film, hearing ungodly music, in d house of God,
Are these things what a true Christian really does? Should a Christian indulge in all these things you mentioned? Should a Christian have ungodly media on their phones in the first place?

wisest10:
When u are under attack can u use ur phone as a weapon bcoz it has a bible, devil go destroy u more, but ur bible has been dedicated sacredly to God to be use in d church, if u take dat bible to a shrine d babalawo, will feel d power of d bible(dedicated bible), but if u take ur phone there its rubish it has no effect because it does not have a special dedication
Take note that you do not worship an object, or place undue faith in it, which bothers on idolatry.

It is really worrisome that a person who calls himself Christian could utter this kind of a thing! You have a long way to go when it comes to demon casting. Have you been led to believe, as a result of watching Nollywood, that by showing the Devil a copy of the Bible; he will flee?

I suggest you go for scrolls and stone tablets because that is where the words you find in the Bible were originally written.

talktonase:
It took me 5mins to find the chapter and verse,this was after the preacher had finished reading it. I felt so bad I just had to stop using that phone Bible.
I guess you don't know how to use the app. Electronic Bibles are easier to navigate and search through.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by vivaciousvivi(f): 5:53pm On Jan 31, 2016
easrael:
I know that we all love to use our phones everywhere we go and for some of us, we have found an excuse to take the device to church: e-Bible.

I use a TECNO L5 mobile smartphone and as much as I can be called an heavy user of my phone because it lasts long, I have ensured the phone doesn't go with me to church and here's the scriptural reason!

20 But the Lord is in his holy temple: let all the earth keep silence before him.

The day I had a spiritual understanding of this verse was when I changed my mind about this act.

God wants silence in his presence thereby all agents or appearances of distraction must be kept at bay.

Interesting you typed this. Just last week Sunday, this young guy -could have been anything btw the ages of 18 to 21 sat beside me in church. At some point, we needed to reference our bibles and he used his phone. Personally, I didn't c anything wrong in that. However at certain points during the service, the guy started playing some brick game on his phone. I just couldn't deal. He is lucky he didn't sit close to any of those Xtain mother types tongue
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by bigerboy200: 6:40pm On Jan 31, 2016
The BIBLE is simply the word of GOD..the word BIBLE isn't in the bible, what am I trying to say?? the word of God can be in any form, scroll( in the days of Moses),paper format (our days) and e-format(also our days).. I can take the paper format to church and still get distracted, distraction could come from the mind.. I could also take my phone, tab or pad containing the bible and stay focused all thru the service(what happened to turning off network).Everything is a matter of choice.. besides having the word in our hearts and obeying HIS words is much more important..

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by peterbello(m): 6:48pm On Jan 31, 2016
easrael:

OP, if you really want to do it well, you should be taking scrolls and those early manuscripts to church. Your post is for lastma, am afraid.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by talktonase(m): 7:01pm On Jan 31, 2016
charlsecy:
Are these things what a true Christian really does? Should a Christian indulge in all these things you mentioned? Should a Christian have ungodly media on their phones in the first place?

Take note that you do not worship an object, or place undue faith in it, which bothers on idolatry.

It is really worrisome that a person who calls himself Christian could utter this kind of a thing! You have a long way to go when it comes to demon casting. Have you been led to believe, as a result of watching Nollywood, that by showing the Devil a copy of the Bible; he will flee?

I suggest you go for scrolls and stone tablets because that is where the words you find in the Bible were originally written.

I guess you don't know how to use the app. Electronic Bibles are easier to navigate and search through.
it makes me lazy to read the Bible simple.Call me old fashion I prefer the hard copy jooor!
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by DrDunamis(m): 7:11pm On Jan 31, 2016
easrael:

Amen!!!
Your prayer has been answered so hear this once.
Acts 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
Romans 14:3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.
Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

From the above scriptures.
Brother
First
#Selah (that means pause and think).
Second kindly answer this questions for me:
Do you know God or think you know God?
If your answer to the above has been settled in your heart, now do you think God is in heaven, seated on His throne and shouting and calling out to Jesus and Angel Michael to come and see that you've come to church again with your phone bible?
Brother if you don tire 2 use ur phone for bible then stop and carry hard copy but no come misinterprete bible verse.
Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by Spidermon: 7:24pm On Jan 31, 2016
Yommisam:
It is the word of God that you have imbibed into your life that will work for you not a book filled with words. The bible is not a talisman abeg

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church by dotun365: 7:50pm On Jan 31, 2016
Yommisam:
don't get it twisted you can't cast out demons with paper bible either. It's your faith in connection with God's will that casts out demons

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Spirit, Soul and Body: Man's Tripartite Nature Explained with Robot Concept / Ghana's Deputy Minister Of Transport Bans Preaching In Public Buses in Ghana / HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.