Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,866 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:16 PM

Boko Haram Militants Kill One In Fresh Yobe Town Attack - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Militants Kill One In Fresh Yobe Town Attack (14844 Views)

Boko Haram Displays Arms Captured After Attacking Yobe Town - Terror Monitor / PHOTOS: Nigerian Army Reinforces Troops On Recently Attacked Yobe Town, Gaidam / Boko Haram, Soldiers In Gun Battle In Yobe Town - Daily Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Militants Kill One In Fresh Yobe Town Attack by dtruth3(m): 1:57pm On Jan 24, 2016
Boko Haram militants in the early hours of Sunday invaded Babangida town, Tarmowa local government area in Yobe state, killing one person.

The terrorists stormed the town at about 1.45am in Hilux vans and motorcycles which is believed by residents to be a reprisal attack.

Daily Trust gathered that the invaders were forced to take a retreat after a gun duel by the soldiers who were on guard.

A resident of the town, Sulaiman Khalil told our correspondent that the assailants parked their vehicles at the outskirt and sneaked into town on foots and motorcycles.

"Fortunately enough, the security forces were fully aware of their plan. They engaged them in serious gun battle that lasted for hours before the military thwarted their attack plan,” he said.

"But an old man was killed by the insurgents outside his thatch tent before they burnt down the shed; his neighbours said he was trying to escape when the militants saw him."

A fleeing resident told Daily Trust that there were apprehensions of possible attack on the town the day before as β€œthe boys (militants) were sighted at Sassawa Saturday afternoon. We alerted security operatives but nothing was done."

He said that the militants have burnt two patrol vehicles of policemen in the town but Daily Trust could not independently confirm it.

Although the police and the military are yet to comment on the attack, a top security officer told our correspondent that the military had launched an offensive against the insurgents and killed 11 of them last week few kilometers from Biriri town, which may have triggered the reprisal attack.

Babbangida is 50 km north of Damaturu, the state capital and had experienced several cases of Boko Haram invasion in the past.
http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/boko-haram-militants-kill-one-in-fresh-yobe-town-attack/130432.html#bjTGyFozqATjoveg.99

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Militants Kill One In Fresh Yobe Town Attack by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jan 24, 2016
This government only knows noise making! Kwarupt fura De nunu gwavement

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Militants Kill One In Fresh Yobe Town Attack by Ahzyz(m): 2:07pm On Jan 24, 2016
Not again.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Militants Kill One In Fresh Yobe Town Attack by Lvlink(f): 2:08pm On Jan 24, 2016
A nation on the brink!

Meanwhile, watch the zombies come here to spew trash!

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Militants Kill One In Fresh Yobe Town Attack by Omenkata: 2:09pm On Jan 24, 2016
grin grin grin
Re: Boko Haram Militants Kill One In Fresh Yobe Town Attack by HiddenShadow: 2:09pm On Jan 24, 2016
Where is Lie Mohammed.?

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Militants Kill One In Fresh Yobe Town Attack by Candyrain(m): 2:09pm On Jan 24, 2016
It's a lie. I don't believe this. They told us boko haram has been decimated. I think GEJ is responsible for this.

Ndi ara

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Militants Kill One In Fresh Yobe Town Attack by vayne(m): 2:13pm On Jan 24, 2016
cool

6 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Militants Kill One In Fresh Yobe Town Attack by Lvlink(f): 2:14pm On Jan 24, 2016
It seems this guys always respond to govt propaganda. After the media has been awash with the news of IDPs returning back home in their thousands, this is what we get.

Pls APC stop playing with peoples life. Stop this your shameless propaganda!

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Militants Kill One In Fresh Yobe Town Attack by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jan 24, 2016
@op,have been searching for this your news since and have not seen any reasonable media carry it. Hope this is not a fake news?

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Militants Kill One In Fresh Yobe Town Attack by Herald47: 2:28pm On Jan 24, 2016
In my church,one rev. Minister said that there was an evangelist that was seen in benue state,he was under hiding,he said the evangelist told the people in that vicinity that he was a former member of boko haram that he ran away from the group because he has given his life to jesus christ,he said jesus appeared to him and told him that boko haram will never come to an end that he should start preaching to people telling them to repent.

I think this bh issues could be bloods crying for vengeance or it's an avengeance of evils carried out.
Re: Boko Haram Militants Kill One In Fresh Yobe Town Attack by IVORY2009(m): 2:32pm On Jan 24, 2016
Doctokwus
Re: Boko Haram Militants Kill One In Fresh Yobe Town Attack by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jan 24, 2016
All I can see on this threat are Igbos celebrating about this un confirmed news Anyway,it won't still stop PMB sending your dilector Nnamdi Kanu to a long time prison.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Militants Kill One In Fresh Yobe Town Attack by kimond101: 2:42pm On Jan 24, 2016
Ok
Re: Boko Haram Militants Kill One In Fresh Yobe Town Attack by looseweight: 2:42pm On Jan 24, 2016
They will be finally defeated @ the end of the day. Kudos to our NA

6 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Militants Kill One In Fresh Yobe Town Attack by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jan 24, 2016
If you will be honest and sincere, the frequency of the attacks has reduced.

Forget politics, the military has succeeded

40 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Militants Kill One In Fresh Yobe Town Attack by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jan 24, 2016
Nairalanders, this is indeed good news!!! I'm very happy with this news. I remember when it used to be 'bokoharam kills 100' but now it's bokoharam kills one which means that we have won the war against bokoharam. Nigeria have defeated bokoharam at last. This calls for celebration

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Militants Kill One In Fresh Yobe Town Attack by Omenkata: 2:44pm On Jan 24, 2016
sameer1212:
@op,have been searching for this your news since and have not seen any reasonable media carry it. Hope this is not a fake news?

reasonable media that's under lair Muhammed payroll grin

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Militants Kill One In Fresh Yobe Town Attack by ORACLE1975(m): 2:44pm On Jan 24, 2016
When
Re: Boko Haram Militants Kill One In Fresh Yobe Town Attack by Kgdavid(m): 2:44pm On Jan 24, 2016
vayne:
cool

You are happy and pleased that an old man lost his life?
Re: Boko Haram Militants Kill One In Fresh Yobe Town Attack by Emekamex(m): 2:44pm On Jan 24, 2016
->Boko Haram will only die permanently when the philosophy behind it is stopped completely.
->Proper education and enlightenment is the key.

6 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Militants Kill One In Fresh Yobe Town Attack by Omenkata: 2:45pm On Jan 24, 2016
[s]
sameer1212:
All I can see on this threat are Igbos celebrating about this un confirmed news Anyway,it won't still stop PMB sending your dilector Nnamdi Kanu to a long time prison.
[/s]

You are talking out of point and also you're talking trash

19 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Militants Kill One In Fresh Yobe Town Attack by unamadso: 2:45pm On Jan 24, 2016
Buharis this thing is not finished yet? I thought u said Boko Haram is finished by December 2015?
Re: Boko Haram Militants Kill One In Fresh Yobe Town Attack by confamgist237: 2:45pm On Jan 24, 2016
Kill 1 tongue

Inshall Allahu before end of today the Nigeria army will kill 1,000 boko haram...

Do me i do you God no vex

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Militants Kill One In Fresh Yobe Town Attack by tucky200(m): 2:46pm On Jan 24, 2016
Candyrain:
It's a lie. I don't believe this. They told us boko haram has been decimated. I think GEJ is responsible for this.
YES !! boko haram has been decimated,can't you read !! Why must you behave like mhunkey ??
Dem dey force you to mumuu

11 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Militants Kill One In Fresh Yobe Town Attack by orijintv(m): 2:46pm On Jan 24, 2016
You Dey Mind All Dis Ones ?? Shey Boohaari Talk Say Boko Haram Is No More In Existence grin . .

Aniways !!!! I Begged Y'll For Likes The Oda Time, Y'll Dey Do Guy. . Well . . I Niid More Likes

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Militants Kill One In Fresh Yobe Town Attack by lincolnj88: 2:46pm On Jan 24, 2016
grin they have been technically defeated this one victim technically is not human.....
just quoting somebody oh

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Militants Kill One In Fresh Yobe Town Attack by Kangol99(m): 2:48pm On Jan 24, 2016
BokoHaram!
Re: Boko Haram Militants Kill One In Fresh Yobe Town Attack by henrydadon(m): 2:49pm On Jan 24, 2016
it gonna end someday

Re: Boko Haram Militants Kill One In Fresh Yobe Town Attack by DropShot: 2:49pm On Jan 24, 2016
Wailers and IPOds are so frustrated that news of BH attacks are few and far in between and as such they will celebrate even when it's reported that BH kills zero person.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Militants Kill One In Fresh Yobe Town Attack by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jan 24, 2016
Liar M

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osinbajo Swears In 5 NPC Commissioners / "Bury The Hatchet, Cooperate With Ajimobi" - Tinubu Tells Shittu And Others / IBEDC To Begin Distribution Of 100,000 Free Meters Next Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.