Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,472 members, 7,819,719 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

Three (3) Reason Why I Think President Buhari Is "Fighting Corruption" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Three (3) Reason Why I Think President Buhari Is "Fighting Corruption" (572 Views)

EFCC Refers To ICPC As "Introvert" When It Comes To Fighting Corruption - Reacti / Do You Think President Buhari Will Win The Second Term In Office / I Want To Be Remembered For Fighting Corruption To A Standstill – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Three (3) Reason Why I Think President Buhari Is "Fighting Corruption" by Mcowubaba: 2:13pm On Jan 24, 2016
This topic is my personal opinion in view of the current atmosphere of "change" and anti-corruption battle/war....

1) President Buhari is Hoping to use the money/loot recovered to finance the Country's budget...

It is no longer news that Nigeria's main revenue (Crude Oil) is becoming of lesser financial and Economic value, and there is a "possible impending" Economic recession about to hit the Nation's Economy.
Now with no feasible Economic road map in place and no viable strategy for effective/efficient Economic diversification, the only option left is to strenuously try to recover any stolen fund/property from the nations coffers..
The EFFC boss said it himself that the money looted from Nigerian in the last 5 years can fund 3 annual budgets of the nation shocked shocked
www.nairaland.com/2885192/funds-looted-nigeria-last-5
Do you think Sai baba will not like to get back that the funds the help his Government ..

2) Campaign Promise: one of the Major/main reasons people voted for APC especially the then presidential candidate (Buhari) was the anti- corruption stance and change mantra..

APC rode on PDP's deficiencies, overwhelming corruption and incompetence to win sympathy from the masses...
So our lovely President may just be fulfilling his campaign promise..

3) Trying to clamp down opposition, many people may not agree with this point (especially APC apologists).
There has been an overwhelming public outcry on the modus operandi of the war against corruption and the Judiciary squabbles, some have said it is selective (PDP members only), some have said it is sectional (Igbos), I have personally heard President Buhari say "something like" this in an interview that- "people that have Billions of money in their account can cause problems for the Government"...

In view of all this points, I believe Nigeria will be great again, and I support the fight against corruption (but with some reservation)

God bless Nigeria!! God bless Muhammadu Buhari!!

Lalasticlala Mynd44
Re: Three (3) Reason Why I Think President Buhari Is "Fighting Corruption" by kilode100(f): 2:16pm On Jan 24, 2016
Story!
Baba is clueless that's why.

4 Likes

Re: Three (3) Reason Why I Think President Buhari Is "Fighting Corruption" by sammyj: 2:18pm On Jan 24, 2016
We all know the truth and for those that does not want to accept the truth that PMB is fighting corruption will not be set free because the truth will always set you free!!! cool
Re: Three (3) Reason Why I Think President Buhari Is "Fighting Corruption" by Mcowubaba: 2:30pm On Jan 24, 2016
sammyj:
We all know the truth and for those that does not want to accept the truth that PMB is fighting corruption will not be set free because the truth will always set you free!!! cool

So what is the truth ?...
Re: Three (3) Reason Why I Think President Buhari Is "Fighting Corruption" by cassidy1996(m): 2:32pm On Jan 24, 2016
Fighting Corruption ni........
Re: Three (3) Reason Why I Think President Buhari Is "Fighting Corruption" by sammyj: 3:27pm On Jan 24, 2016
..... Read my comment once again and be set free!!! cool cool grin
Mcowubaba:

So what is the truth ?...

(1) (Reply)

Is It Another Febuhari Or February? / Donald Trump's German Roots / Allow Judiciary To Do Its Job – Fayose Tells Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.