Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,959 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

I'm Thinking Of Shaving All Of My Hair Off, I Need Advice - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / I'm Thinking Of Shaving All Of My Hair Off, I Need Advice (1262 Views)

How I Grew My Hair Long / My Hair My Beauty / I Need To Grow My Hair Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Thinking Of Shaving All Of My Hair Off, I Need Advice by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jan 24, 2016
My hair has undergone a lot of damage due to too much chemicals and the hairstyles I wear....mostly braids, my hair line has receded badly and I've tried everything to regrow it all to no avail cry cry. I have decided to shave all of it off to start afresh and to start keeping natural hair.
People with natural hair in the house please I need advice on how to re-grow my hair healthy and fast and products and routines to follow. Thanks in advance
Re: I'm Thinking Of Shaving All Of My Hair Off, I Need Advice by talktonase(m): 5:41pm On Jan 24, 2016
Go ahead. You will look better...
Re: I'm Thinking Of Shaving All Of My Hair Off, I Need Advice by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jan 24, 2016
talktonase:
Go ahead. You will look better...
okay....thank you undecided undecided
Re: I'm Thinking Of Shaving All Of My Hair Off, I Need Advice by wtfCode: 5:53pm On Jan 24, 2016
beautiful bae.
i dont think u'll look bad on a hair cut
Re: I'm Thinking Of Shaving All Of My Hair Off, I Need Advice by myfantasies(f): 5:58pm On Jan 24, 2016
My sister had d same problem

She shaved her hair, later she started with didi

Now her hair is longer
Re: I'm Thinking Of Shaving All Of My Hair Off, I Need Advice by Godmother(f): 6:21pm On Jan 24, 2016
OP, before you cut your hair why not try repairing it first. Try using NATURAL ingredients to treat it. But before then, stop doing hair styles that put so much pressure on your frontlines. If you must braid, let your hair flow most of the time, don't pack it. Then steam your hair two or three times a year. Also treat your hair with egg yourself cos egg contains a lot of proteins, and minerals that is healthy for your scalp.

Just whisk one or two, rub it all over the hair then cover with a shower cap for 20 mins . You can also use aloe vera or banana. Do this regularly and watch your hair start to come back.
Re: I'm Thinking Of Shaving All Of My Hair Off, I Need Advice by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 24, 2016
Godmother:
OP, before you cut your hair why not try repairing it first. Try using NATURAL ingredients to treat it. But before then, stop doing hair styles that put so much pressure on your frontlines. If you must braid, let your hair flow most of the time, don't pack it. Then steam your hair two or three times a year. Also treat your hair with egg yourself cos egg contains a lot of proteins, and minerals that is healthy for your scalp.

Just whisk one or two, rub it all over the hair then cover with a shower cap for 20 mins . You can also use aloe vera or banana. Do this regularly and watch your hair start to come back.
I've stopped braiding my hair for over 3 months now and I tried all sorts of things, I even did the onion treatment but I didn't see changes at all, I think where I stay is also a factor, the weather is so sunny and dry which makes my hair very dry, no matter how much I oil it in the morning, by evening the oil may still be in my hair but my hair still feels dry and stringy
Re: I'm Thinking Of Shaving All Of My Hair Off, I Need Advice by marieolae(f): 6:33pm On Jan 24, 2016
Yes I can totally relate.
I cut off all my hair, last year July. My hair was damaged and seriously breaking.

I cut it all off, now I'm a Naturalista. My hair has grown tremendously. So i'll advise you to cut it off, to see faster results.

Maintenance should be according to your budget. Do your research and purchase products that you know you can afford. One tip for you, keep it simple. Less is always more. Remember that natural hair requires high maintenance, please take care of your hair once you cut it off. If you neglect your hair, you won't see the results you want.

Some products I recommend in case you decide to cut your hair.
1. Shea butter
2. Castor oil
3.Argan oil/tea tree oil
4. Sulphate free shampoos

You can do more research of your own kiss
Re: I'm Thinking Of Shaving All Of My Hair Off, I Need Advice by Cutehector(m): 6:44pm On Jan 24, 2016
Ladies Killin demselves with too much chemicals.

My lovely beautiful chidinma ekile kiss so love dat babe, very natural.
Re: I'm Thinking Of Shaving All Of My Hair Off, I Need Advice by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jan 24, 2016
Yeah, shave it all then allow it to grow back naturally. Just wear a beanie @ all times if skin-cut doesn't fit you.
Re: I'm Thinking Of Shaving All Of My Hair Off, I Need Advice by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jan 24, 2016
marieolae:
Yes I can totally relate.
I cut off all my hair, last year July. My hair was damaged and seriously breaking.

I cut it all off, now I'm a Naturalista. My hair has grown tremendously. So i'll advise you to cut it off, to see faster results.

Maintenance should be according to your budget. Do your research and purchase products that you know you can afford. One tip for you, keep it simple. Less is always more. Remember that natural hair requires high maintenance, please take care of your hair once you cut it off. If you neglect your hair, you won't see the results you want.

Some products I recommend in case you decide to cut your hair.
1. Shea butter
2. Castor oil
3.Argan oil/tea tree oil
4. Sulphate free shampoos

You can do more research of your own kiss

No wonder you didn't upload new photos on NL. Didn't know you was rocking a bald head like Shaolin monks grin

My hair seems to be breaking too, due to the carelessness of a barber that cut my hair months ago, & overuse of chemicals(relaxers & co.)(The front part of my hair actually)...
I've been contemplating on shaving it all, then donning a beanie after that. Since it worked for you, I would do so.
I hope it works.
Re: I'm Thinking Of Shaving All Of My Hair Off, I Need Advice by marieolae(f): 9:01pm On Jan 24, 2016
Actually, my picture is not there by choice smiley

I'll put it up when I feel like.
darkenedrebel:

No wonder you didn't upload new photos on NL. Didn't know you was rocking a bald head like Shaolin monks grin

My hair seems to be breaking too, due to the carelessness of a barber that cut my hair months ago, & overuse of chemicals(relaxers & co.)(The front part of my hair actually)...
I've been contemplating on shaving it all, then donning a beanie after that. Since it worked for you, I would do so.
I hope it works.
Re: I'm Thinking Of Shaving All Of My Hair Off, I Need Advice by EddyBlingzz(m): 9:08pm On Jan 24, 2016
marieolae:

hi grin
Re: I'm Thinking Of Shaving All Of My Hair Off, I Need Advice by marieolae(f): 9:16pm On Jan 24, 2016
Oh Woooooooooooooow!!!!!!!
Look at who it is!

Where have you been? shocked shocked shocked
EddyBlingzz:
hi grin
Re: I'm Thinking Of Shaving All Of My Hair Off, I Need Advice by Godmother(f): 9:18pm On Jan 24, 2016
lavendie:
I've stopped braiding my hair for over 3 months now and I tried all sorts of things, I even did the onion treatment but I didn't see changes at all, I think where I stay is also a factor, the weather is so sunny and dry which makes my hair very dry, no matter how much I oil it in the morning, by evening the oil may still be in my hair but my hair still feels dry and stringy

It takes time for damaged hair to become healthy again. Mine took over a year. So just continue treating and avoid processing. You can also adopt the method I used. I wove my hair (didi) for 8 moths, covering it the whole time with fancy wigs during the day and allowing air get to it at night and it improved with time.
Re: I'm Thinking Of Shaving All Of My Hair Off, I Need Advice by EddyBlingzz(m): 9:25pm On Jan 24, 2016
marieolae:
Oh Woooooooooooooow!!!!!!! Look at who it is!
Where have you been? shocked shocked shocked
grin grin
just been here in mars watching you guys from my telescope grin
Re: I'm Thinking Of Shaving All Of My Hair Off, I Need Advice by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jan 24, 2016
Follow natural hair blogs, have a healthy regimen, do protective syles, use natural products and you can go ahead and cut it now, it'll grow out faster.
Re: I'm Thinking Of Shaving All Of My Hair Off, I Need Advice by yungchop: 8:10am On Jan 31, 2016
marieolae:

I'll cut it for you, no hidden charges but terms and conditions apply cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Classy Or Trashy? / How To Apply Eye Makeup Step By Step With Pictures / Miss Cross River, Aisha ESEBONU Wins Most Beautiful Face In Nigeria 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.