Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,729 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

How To Screenshot On Any Smartphone And Tablet - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Screenshot On Any Smartphone And Tablet (1378 Views)

3 Methods To Screenshot On Your Tecno Spark / Huawei Nova 2i Review: A Powerful Way To Screenshot / How To Screenshot On Tecno W3???? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Screenshot On Any Smartphone And Tablet by Brainaic(m): 8:13pm On Jan 24, 2016

Sometimes, you want to capture a particular screen on your device, maybe from a video clip, when playing a game, or on social networks, or for one reason or the other but don’t know how to go about it. This post will highlight easy ways to perform this task on Android, Windows, Blackberry, and Apples phones or tab.

Taking screenshots in Android Phones/Tablets
You can screen grab on your android devices running an OS version of 4.0 and above quite easily.
1. Go to the screen you want to capture,
2. Press and hold the Power and Volume down buttons simultaneously until you hear a shutter sound. In some android phones like Samsung, you will have to use the volume down and home buttons instead.
3. You can access the image by going to the screenshots album in your gallery or by clicking on the notification bar after taking the screenshot.
– In older android phones running Version 2.3 and below, you may have to root your phone and install ‘Screenshot UX’. It allows you to take screenshots using unique shortcuts or you may download ‘No Root Screenshot it’ and a companion app on your PC, then connect it to your PC and enable screenshots via the companion app if you don’t wan to root your phone.

Taking screenshots in Windows phones/Tablets
You can easily screenshot on Windows mobile running version 8 and above. Unfortunately, you can’t use this feature on 7.5 and below as it requires unlocking developers tools and using a third-party app.
1. Go to the screen you want to screenshot
2. For windows 8, press and hold the Windows home logo and power buttons simultaneously until you hear a shutter sound indicating that the image has been captured.
– In Windows 8.1 and 10, the Power and Volume up buttons are used instead.
– In Windows Tablets, the Windows home logo and Volume down buttons are used.
3. Pictures are saved to the screenshots album in the Photos Hub.

Taking screenshots in Apple phones/Ipads
1. Go to the screen you want to screenshot.
2. Press and hold the Power button and then click the Home button.
3. A shutter sound will be heard once the image is captured and the screenshot will be saved to the ‘All photos’ album(or Camera Roll if you’re not using iCloud Photo Library).

Taking Screenshots on Blackberry 10
1. Go to the screen you want to capture.
2. Press and Hold the Volume Up and Volume down buttons simultaneously.
3. You will hear a shutter sound indicating that the screen has been captured. Screenshots are then saved in the Recents section of the Pictures app. You can also use this method on your Playbook.
For Blackberry phones running an older os version, you have to download a third party app such as ‘Capture It’. It works by adding an item to your phone’s menu. In order for the app to function properly, you have to set all permissions to ‘allow’. Once done, you can capture any screen by using the capture it option from the menu key.

If you follow these simple steps, you will be able to screenshot almost anything with your Smartphones. Be on the lookout for our post on taking screenshots in your Windows or MAC Laptops. Don’t forget to share with your friends.

http://360techzone.com/how-to-screenshot-on-any-smartphone-and-tablet/
Re: How To Screenshot On Any Smartphone And Tablet by SurefireAsoOke: 9:14pm On Jan 24, 2016
Noted
Re: How To Screenshot On Any Smartphone And Tablet by Code45: 10:17pm On Jan 24, 2016
Seems you just started using smartphone today.

1 Like

Re: How To Screenshot On Any Smartphone And Tablet by Brainaic(m): 7:15am On Jan 25, 2016
Code45:
Seems you just started using smartphone today.

Lool.. Wrong! I started blogging recently so I thought it would make sense to make a post on the topic as there may still be people who don't know how to. Apparently, I was wrong as no one seems to be interested.
Re: How To Screenshot On Any Smartphone And Tablet by ObiBlessed(m): 10:50am On Jan 25, 2016
Brainaic:

Lool.. Wrong! I started blogging recently so I thought it would make sense to make a post on the topic as there may still be people who don't know how to. Apparently, I was wrong as no one seems to be interested.

Thumb up bro, U just made my day.. been using phone for ten yrs now but don't know about this.
4get about that dude above u, He's just a 'Mr. know it all'
Re: How To Screenshot On Any Smartphone And Tablet by Brainaic(m): 11:18am On Jan 25, 2016
ObiBlessed:

Thumb up bro, U just made my day.. been using phone for ten yrs now but don't know about this.

Thanks for the kind words, Bro. I'm glad that I could be of help. Don't forget to check my blog out for more interesting articles.
Re: How To Screenshot On Any Smartphone And Tablet by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 25, 2016
The Power + Volumn down button doesnt work on all Androids tho... Even some Kitkat phones dont allow this feature.. Am very sure of this..

However, i think there are third party apps that can be used to Screenshot..
Re: How To Screenshot On Any Smartphone And Tablet by Brainaic(m): 12:19pm On Jan 25, 2016
Djangocode:
The Power + Volumn down button doesnt work on all Androids tho... Even some Kitkat phones dont allow this feature.. Am very sure of this..

However, i think there are third party apps that can be used to Screenshot..

Most phones with a physical home button like Samsung phones use the Home + Volume down combination instead but I agree, a third party app may also come in handy.
Re: How To Screenshot On Any Smartphone And Tablet by Code45: 6:10pm On Jan 25, 2016
Brainaic:

OK!

But let your info to be updated, not old info.
Re: How To Screenshot On Any Smartphone And Tablet by Code45: 6:12pm On Jan 25, 2016
ObiBlessed:

I bet you just started you smartphone too. I know it all indeed.
Re: How To Screenshot On Any Smartphone And Tablet by TrevorDJ(m): 1:45pm On Jun 09, 2022
There are a few different ways to take screenshots on most Samsung Galaxy phones, but it depends on your model. This guide explains how to take screenshots on Samsung phones.

https://www.novabach.com/how-to-take-screenshots-on-samsung-phones/

(1) (Reply)

In Need Of A Tablet / Airtel Free Browsing To Get / Mtn Code That Unsubscribe You All Their Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.