Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,571 members, 7,837,165 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Help, My Iphone 6 Fell Into Water!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help, My Iphone 6 Fell Into Water!! (1258 Views)

What To Do And What Not To Do When Your Smartphone Falls Into Water / What & What Not To Do When Your Smartphone Falls Into Water / What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, My Iphone 6 Fell Into Water!! by moneybag100: 8:58pm On Jan 24, 2016
Please help, my iphone 6 fell into water yesterday and it hasn't power on since, i had to do something important so i left it unattended to for 9 hours (i just tried to blow out the water), after i put it inside rice as i read online but it hasn't power on yet, still inside rice, any remedy?
Re: Help, My Iphone 6 Fell Into Water!! by bigtt76(f): 9:01pm On Jan 24, 2016
Probably gone poofed since you did not power down or remove the battery current passing tru would have burnt the circuit board. Sorry dearie
Re: Help, My Iphone 6 Fell Into Water!! by moneybag100: 9:04pm On Jan 24, 2016
bigtt76:
Probably gone poofed since you did not power down or remove the battery current passing tru would have burnt the circuit board. Sorry dearie
i power it off immediately but it got so hot at certain time before getting to normal. i couldn't remove the battery, so it can't power on again?
Re: Help, My Iphone 6 Fell Into Water!! by bigtt76(f): 9:22pm On Jan 24, 2016
I assume so since you've tried several time to turn it on. I would advise you leave it turned off for as long as you can. Had same experience with a. Macbook Air. And I was told logic board was burnt. I left it off for like 3 years and when I powered on, it came on again. Might work for you to keep it off for as long as you can and try to dry it in hot sun and rice. Good luck.

moneybag100:

i power it off immediately but it got so hot at certain time before getting to normal. i couldn't remove the battery, so it can't power on again?
Re: Help, My Iphone 6 Fell Into Water!! by moneybag100: 9:29pm On Jan 24, 2016
bigtt76:
I assume so since you've tried several time to turn it on. I would advise you leave it turned off for as long as you can. Had same experience with a. Macbook Air. And I was told logic board was burnt. I left it off for like 3 years and when I powered on, it came on again. Might work for you to keep it off for as long as you can and try to dry it in hot sun and rice. Good luck.

yes, i even tried plug it for 5 minutes...thanks, i pray it comes up within 3 days....unfortunately no hot sun here.
Re: Help, My Iphone 6 Fell Into Water!! by bigtt76(f): 5:35am On Jan 25, 2016
Stop and don't continue to attempt turning it on or charging it. The more you apply current to it the more chances of you burning the logic board.

Remember the circuit board is not like clothes that can dry easily nor is the phone one that opens up for you to drain water from.

Let the phone be for as long as you can and if possible let it stand on it's charging port.

Meanwhile get your self another cheap android phone to use. Chances are you can get your contacts back if you use Google mail on your iPhone.

Last but not the least you can also try using hair dryer to apply minimal heating to the device..... minimal I say oooo! Nor go Barbecue de Fone o grin

moneybag100:

yes, i even tried plug it for 5 minutes...thanks, i pray it comes up within 3 days....unfortunately no hot sun here.

Re: Help, My Iphone 6 Fell Into Water!! by Booyakasha(f): 5:52am On Jan 25, 2016
moneybag100:
Please help, my iphone 6 fell into water yesterday and it hasn't power on since, i had to do something important so i left it unattended to for 9 hours (i just tried to blow out the water), after i put it inside rice as i read online but it hasn't power on yet, still inside rice, any remedy?
lol.. you would have bought a Samsung it's waterproof...
Re: Help, My Iphone 6 Fell Into Water!! by moneybag100: 7:08am On Jan 25, 2016
bigtt76:
Stop and don't continue to attempt turning it on or charging it. The more you apply current to it the more chances of you burning the logic board.

Remember the circuit board is not like clothes that can dry easily nor is the phone one that opens up for you to drain water from.

Let the phone be for as long as you can and if possible let it stand on it's charging port.

Meanwhile get your self another cheap android phone to use. Chances are you can get your contacts back if you use Google mail on your iPhone.

Last but not the least you can also try using hair dryer to apply minimal heating to the device..... minimal I say oooo! Nor go Barbecue de Fone o grin

Thanks sis, I will.
Re: Help, My Iphone 6 Fell Into Water!! by moneybag100: 7:09am On Jan 25, 2016
Booyakasha:

lol.. you would have bought a Samsung it's waterproof...

Had a bad experience with samsung.
Re: Help, My Iphone 6 Fell Into Water!! by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jan 25, 2016
Jst go nd buy anoda of d overpriced fon...biy sony .samsung una no go hear...na plot of land una go de carry for pocket tongue

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Mtn 7gb Change To 176mb Dis Mornning / My Phantom Z Is Slow And Hanging. I Need A Way Out Pleaseeee / What To Do When Your Smart Phone Mistakenly Fall Inside Water

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.