Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,762 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:38 AM

Dokubo Rejects Amnesty - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dokubo Rejects Amnesty (3637 Views)

Buhari To Continue Amnesty Programme For Niger Delta / Katsina Stoning: Niger Delta “ll Retaliate, Says Dokubo Asari / Mujahidat, Asari Dokubo's Wife Just Posted This On Facebook... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dokubo Rejects Amnesty by bombay: 1:37am On Jun 26, 2009
Alhaji Mujahid Dokubo-Asari has declared that he has no confidence in the amnesty being offered by the Federal Government to Niger Delta militants to give up arms.

Asari who is the leader of the Niger Delta Peoples Volunteer Force (NDPVF) spoke to journalists at a press conference in Lagos yesterday shortly after he was released by the State Security Service (SSS) operatives.

He was arrested on his arrival from Germany where he went for medical check-up, his lawyer Festus Keyamo has said.

The press briefing which took place in Keyamos’s chambers at Anthony village Village had Keyamo in attendance and other members of Asari’s group.

Asari said: “I cannot receive amnesty from anybody for carrying guns to protect my fatherland. My land is occupied and destroyed by a ravaging occupational force with genocide mindset” he said.

According to him, the so called list of sponsors’ found in the camps is fake. “Buildings were destroyed but pieces of papers were not burnt. You can see the lie” he said adding “they want to use so-called list to witch hunt some people.

“They have failed. I was in camp five with General Gubani, the man who wrote the report. He even held me aside and we discussed. The vice president has been there. Almost all the governors of Bayelsa and Delta have been there. So they are sponsors too. All key politicians in Delta and Bayelsa states have been in TomPollo’s camp so they are sponsors?”

He said, the only thing the Niger Delta people want is a sovereign national conference. “One day we will come to the realisation like South Africans did during the apartheid that this edifice of fraud and deceit called Nigeria cannot hold except with a sovereign national conference” adding “sovereign national conference is our minimum demand, nobody wants to die.”

On bunkering he declared “I don’t know what you call illicit oil trading. The owner of the oil owns it and he has the right to sell it just like plantain farmers”.

“I don’t believe in anything bunkering. Anybody in the Niger Delta Community who has the power and access to oil, I will support him to take it as long as the environment is not affected, I will support it with my life.” “What right has Tinubu, Dangote or Otedola has to our oil that they are given concessions to sell oil? If I have my way, I will also take.”
Re: Dokubo Rejects Amnesty by Tudor6(f): 6:45am On Jun 26, 2009
He has every right to be skpectical. . . cool
Re: Dokubo Rejects Amnesty by vikiviko(m): 8:38am On Jun 26, 2009
On Kaima declaration we stand.
Re: Dokubo Rejects Amnesty by Ibime(m): 10:08am On Jun 26, 2009
The fake militants ie 'criminals' are the ones rushing to accept this amnesty. . . . the real freedom fighters will reject the amnesty because it comes with no promises for their people. . .
Re: Dokubo Rejects Amnesty by otokx(m): 10:29am On Jun 26, 2009
The guys logic makes so much sense
Re: Dokubo Rejects Amnesty by kokoA(m): 10:39am On Jun 26, 2009
Ibime:

The fake militants ie 'criminals' are the ones rushing to accept this amnesty. . . . the real freedom fighters will reject the amnesty because it comes with no promises for their people. . .

@ Ibime

For how long will you allow yourself to be fooled? Calling Asari a freedom figther shows you are less informed about this criminal.

Who cares if he accepts amnesty or not? I pray he sticks to his words until the grace period is over. Na only God go save am from bombing. Nonsense!
Re: Dokubo Rejects Amnesty by ow11(m): 10:47am On Jun 26, 2009
kokoA:

@ Ibime

For how long will you allow yourself to be fooled? Calling Asari a freedom figther shows you are less informed about this criminal.

Who cares if he accepts amnesty or not? I pray he sticks to his words until the grace period is over. Na only God go save am from bombing. Nonsense!

Tell us what you know about Asari's escapades in the region so he can learn and we can know what you know.

I mean from the genesis i.e. Asari's first involvement in IYC.
Re: Dokubo Rejects Amnesty by Ibime(m): 11:13am On Jun 26, 2009
^^^ You dey mind am. . .
Re: Dokubo Rejects Amnesty by DisGuy: 11:51am On Jun 26, 2009
Na wa o

was the amnesty extended to Asari Dokubo too?
Thought the guy has been living in Abuja for about three years now
Is Dokubo still living in the Niger Delta?

perhaps he is just negotiating for better pay
Re: Dokubo Rejects Amnesty by tkb417(m): 12:05pm On Jun 26, 2009
Na wa o

was the amnesty extended to Asari Dokubo too?
Thought the guy has been living in Abuja for about three years now
Is Dokubo still living in the Niger Delta?

perhaps he is just negotiating for better pay

Asari a freedom fighter grin grin grin
Asari is a politician. he lives in Abuja
He travels up and down as he likes.

He doesnt live in the creeks so he should shut the fck up for the Sagbamas and Atekes of this world to talk
He probably needs more money like you said.
Someone shld just go and blow his brains out whereever he is
faggoty bigot
Re: Dokubo Rejects Amnesty by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jun 26, 2009
must people post just cos they have a type writer, if u don,t know any thing about asari or the niger delta, why don,t u keep quiet, and watch as things unfold. justice is what we seek clear and simple. amnesty from whom? on my land.
Re: Dokubo Rejects Amnesty by Ibime(m): 12:10pm On Jun 26, 2009
Asari is well known from back in his IYC days in the mid-90's. . . .and even back in his university days. . . . Asari does not play when it comes to the struggle. . . .
Re: Dokubo Rejects Amnesty by Akpangbon: 12:13pm On Jun 26, 2009
To hell with asari for contributing to the woes in the Niger Delta -
Re: Dokubo Rejects Amnesty by tkb417(m): 12:13pm On Jun 26, 2009
and most people are blind and cannot see they are only using the malaise to make money for themselves alone
how much has he given out from the millions of dollars they are sharing

siddon there make trouser dey wear you

@Ibime
siddon dey look jare.  .   .
Re: Dokubo Rejects Amnesty by Ibime(m): 12:14pm On Jun 26, 2009
tkb417:

and most people are blind and cannot see they are only using the malaise to make money for themselves alone
how much has he given out from the millions of dollars they are sharing

siddon there make trouser dey wear you

@Ibime
siddon dey look jare.  .   .

O boy happy beffday o. . . . so how old you done clock today? grin
Re: Dokubo Rejects Amnesty by tkb417(m): 12:21pm On Jun 26, 2009
O boy happy beffday o. . . . so how old you done clock today?

shebi u don use style style calculate my age one day grin

how ur side?
Re: Dokubo Rejects Amnesty by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jun 26, 2009
tkb417:

Asari a freedom fighter grin grin grin
Asari is a politician. he lives in Abuja
He travels up and down as he likes.

He doesnt live in the creeks so he should shut the fck up for the Sagbamas and Atekes of this world to talk
He probably needs more money like you said.
Someone shld just go and blow his brains out whereever he is
faggoty bigot

Among all the beasts in nigeria, you deemed only Asari's brains fit to be blown out?

Shame on you. tongue
Re: Dokubo Rejects Amnesty by ThinkRait: 12:26pm On Jun 26, 2009
AMNESTY?

Below are two definitions I got from onlinedictionary.com

amnesty: a warrant granting release from punishment for an offense.
amnesty: a period during which offenders are exempt from punishment.

Both definitions involve OFFENDERS and OFFENCE.

My questions
1). Who is the offender? The youth carrying arms in search of justice OR the politician stealing what belong to the youth.
2). What is the offence? Defending your heritage OR repressing oppression and pilferage.

Though some of the youths are die-hard criminals, I don't think Yar'Adua has any moral right to grant anyone amnesty.
Yar'Adua's government should look into what led to the arms struggle. He should look for a way to address the wrongs meted out to these people.
He should find out how these boys get their weapons.

If the boys refuse the amnesty offer, would that be the end of d development of the Niger Delta?

I'm confused. Nigeria's problems is almost affecting my thinking. Hope I'm thinking right? undecided grin
Re: Dokubo Rejects Amnesty by Ibime(m): 12:28pm On Jun 26, 2009
tkb417:

shebi u don use style style calculate my age one day grin

how ur side?

hehehehe. . . . the clock is ticking!  grin

I dey sha.

Which kain nonsense you dey yarn about Asari sef. Take time oh! Make Ijaw boys no catch you dey yarn opaks. If Asari dey live for Abuja, wetin come concern you? You know how many JTF dey find am for PH?  grin
Re: Dokubo Rejects Amnesty by tkb417(m): 12:33pm On Jun 26, 2009
hehehehe. . . . the clock is ticking!

i know na. ill get married soon In Jesus name grin

I dey sha.

Which kain nonsense you dey yarn about Asari sef. Take time oh! Make Ijaw boys no catch you dey yarn opaks. If Asari dey live for Abuja, wetin come concern you? You know how many JTF dey find am for PH?

na me go kill Asari myself. . . grin
nobody can catch me. I don run from PH/Bonny for una tey tey
im in Lagos, nothing can shake me from here grin grin
Re: Dokubo Rejects Amnesty by tkb417(m): 12:35pm On Jun 26, 2009
Among all the beasts in nigeria, you deemed only Asari's brains fit to be blown out?

Shame on you.
ill blow ur brains too if you dont take ya time tongue
Re: Dokubo Rejects Amnesty by muhsin(m): 12:38pm On Jun 26, 2009
To me, they should accept it ASAP!
Re: Dokubo Rejects Amnesty by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 26, 2009
tkb417:

ill blow ur brains too if you dont take ya time tongue

October 4th is just around the corner. The ball in now in your court on whether to quit armed robbery and assassination or be treated the way you've been threatening to treat Asari and I.

A stich in time saves nine, so I was told tongue
Re: Dokubo Rejects Amnesty by Fhemmmy: 12:47pm On Jun 26, 2009
yeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Even people with arms dont trust the govt, so sad.
I wont blv anything said by a govt without a vission as well.
Re: Dokubo Rejects Amnesty by tkb417(m): 1:07pm On Jun 26, 2009
October 4th is just around the corner. The ball in now in your court on whether to quit armed robbery and assassination or be treated the way you've been threatening to treat Asari and I.

A stich in time saves nine, so I was told

heheheheh
whats happening on October 4?
i'll quit armed robbery and assasination soon but watch it so i wont use you as my retirement gift tongue
Re: Dokubo Rejects Amnesty by Nezan(m): 1:29pm On Jun 26, 2009
I hate people dat talk from both sides of the mouth. Asari strikes me as a man who lacks ideology. angry angry angry angry
Re: Dokubo Rejects Amnesty by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jun 26, 2009
tkb417:

heheheheh
whats happening on October 4?
i'll quit armed robbery and assasination soon but watch it so i wont use you as my retirement gift tongue

The amnesty proposed to the likes of you will cease to take effect on 4th oct and anybody caught with even an "Awka" made hand gun will be shown the way to abyss. Hence why I advised you as a fellow Nairalander to give up robbery. cheesy

On the other hand, you might save yourself some energy by giving yourself the retirement gift intended for me. No need to go all the way to PH to constitute nuisance there, instead locate the position of your brains, point your "awka made" towards that location and pull the large pin with your finger. I promise you will find peace all of a sudden. grin
Re: Dokubo Rejects Amnesty by biola44: 1:44pm On Jun 26, 2009
nollywood series, na which season be dis, grin
Re: Dokubo Rejects Amnesty by tkb417(m): 1:51pm On Jun 26, 2009
The amnesty proposed to the likes of you will cease to take effect on 4th oct and anybody caught with even an "Awka" made hand gun will be shown the way to abyss. Hence why I advised you as a fellow Nairalander to give up robbery.

oh ok. ill think about it

On the other hand, you might save yourself some energy by giving yourself the retirement gift intended for me. No need to go all the way to PH to constitute nuisance there, instead locate the position of your brains, point your "awka made" towards that location and pull the large pin with your finger. I promise you will find peace all of a sudden.
did i tell u i wanna die?
Suicide is not on my agenda this year and next grin
Re: Dokubo Rejects Amnesty by dnex(m): 2:02pm On Jun 26, 2009
The money nor reach.

Can you imagine somebody that says he's a business man, he hears that government want to share money to militants and now he is putting himself among those whom the amnesty is meant for. Has he not been released from detention? Has he not been freed? Wetin concern am with amnesty again?

If he wants amnesty, he has to carry arms back to the creeks in order to re-criminalise himself.

Now you tell me that the the politician is more corrupt than the militant. No politician will class himself publicly with criminals just because of money. Imagine a political militant. If It's more people like this that are fighting in the creeks, then people of the Niger-Delta, we're finished.
Re: Dokubo Rejects Amnesty by ricky01: 2:04pm On Jun 26, 2009
true federalism we stand for. even with our last drop of blood,
Re: Dokubo Rejects Amnesty by agabaI23(m): 2:08pm On Jun 26, 2009
A freedom fighter just came back from Germany where he went for Medical check up.

Abeg free me. This guy is worse than the Nigerian politicians. He is holding Yar'Adua hostage.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonathan Cannot Win 2015 Election — Asari Dokubo / VIDEO: Drunk Lady Pass-out While Her Car Is Still Moving (very Scary) / Election Of David Mark As Senate Leader Is Null & Void

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.