Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,520 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Another Black Boy Dead In London ( Nigerians Watch Over Your Children ) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Black Boy Dead In London ( Nigerians Watch Over Your Children ) (3593 Views)

Tinubu Under Security Watch Over Alleged Plot Against Buhari / Buhari To Rule Nigeria Is Like Asking A Rapist To Watch Over A Virgin – FFK / FG Puts Aregbesola Under Security Watch Over Alleged Secession Plot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Black Boy Dead In London ( Nigerians Watch Over Your Children ) by Nobody: 3:38pm On Dec 27, 2011
Re: Another Black Boy Dead In London ( Nigerians Watch Over Your Children ) by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 27, 2011

Tragic: The 18-year-old victim, Seydou Diarrassouba, poses in a grey hoodie in a social networking profile picture, and right, in a picture posted on Twitter

Pictured: Teenager stabbed to death at Oxford Street Boxing Day sales as horrified shoppers looked on
Seydou Diarrassouba died following attack inside Foot Locker store
Second victim injured four hours later outside Nike in separate attack
Police say attacks took place at the ‘busiest place in the United Kingdom on the busiest shopping day’
Eleven people arrested in and around store shortly after stabbing
Oxford Street has been reopened to the public this morning except for a small crime scene outside Footlocker near Oxford Circus
Detectives urge witnesses who filmed incident on mobiles to hand in footage

The biggest sales rush in British history was marked by bloodshed yesterday as a teenager was murdered in a suspected row over a pair of trainers.

Bargain hunters looked on in horror as the 18-year-old was stabbed in a branch of Foot Locker on Oxford Street in central London.

Witnesses said the teenager was amongst a group of black youths, thought to be rival gangs, fighting over the trainers.

The teen, named locally as 18-year-old Seydou Diarrassouba, managed to stagger outside bleeding heavily before collapsing on the street.

Paramedics battle to revive the 18-year-old knife victim in front of distressed shoppers outside Bond Street tube station

'It's devastating, I had lost contact with Seydou but he was such a big personality and a person everyone in Mitcham would know.

'He was just a good kid who always had a smile on his face. I have not had a chance to go out yet but I imagine everybody will be cut up about it.'

Asked if he thought the killing may have been gang-related, Mr Shaikh said: 'I cannot say if it was a gang thing, it seems more like it was just a misunderstanding between youths.'

Detective Chief Inspector Mark Dunne, who is leading the murder inquiry, said: ‘This is probably the busiest place in the United Kingdom right now on the busiest shopping day.’

DEAD

First Arrest

Probe: A forensics officers moves the victims belongings, including trainers, clothing and an Oyster card, into a bag for examination following the stabbing

The crimes brought a large area thronged by tens of thousands of shoppers to a standstill and closed many stores.
Scotland Yard said Oxford Street has today fully reopened to pedestrians, buses and other traffic, while a small crime scene remains in place outside the Foot Locker store.
Police commanders had to bring in extra officers to hold back crowds of bargain hunters incensed their spending spree had been interrupted.

Yesterday’s murder happened at about 1.45pm – the height of the shopping frenzy.

The sprawling Foot Locker store, near Bond Street Tube station, was packed with shoppers frantically sifting through piles of sales goods.

Police today appealed for any onlookers who caught the Oxford Street stabbing on their camera phones to come forward with the footage.

Detectives believe a number of witnesses filmed the horrific incident on their mobiles as the 18-year-old was knifed by a Foot Locker.

Det Supt John Sweeney said: 'There were several people who witnessed this event both inside and outside the store.

'A number of them recorded it on camera phone and we are interested in those people coming forward.

'We also want to speak to anyone else who saw what happened both inside and outside the store.'

Witnesses said a group of young men began arguing over a box of trainers before the victim was stabbed in the chest. It is believed the group may have been on Oxford Street on a shoplifting spree and were arguing over who stole what.

One said the killer said ‘Wallah’, an Arabic slang term for ‘I swear to God’, before plunging the knife into his victim. The stabbed youth pushed his way through the crowd of shoppers, many of whom did not realise what had happened, before collapsing on the pavement outside.
The victim is also thought to be known by the street name ‘Nutz’.

Paramedics raced to the scene as dozens of police officers, including armed officers and dog handlers, also arrived.

Many had to abandon their vehicles and run to the store as the crowds of shoppers were so dense that they could not get through.

A three-inch silver lock knife, which could have been the murder weapon, was discovered abandoned nearby. Other knives were also found.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2078702/Oxford-Street-stabbing-Seydou-Diarrassouba-18-killed-Boxing-Day-sales-pictured.html#ixzz1hkLrOnJt
Re: Another Black Boy Dead In London ( Nigerians Watch Over Your Children ) by buzugee(m): 5:04pm On Dec 27, 2011
london youf. these barbaric cretins are giving black people a bad image in england now. all you have to do is go to the comments page on any news about black people on yahoo uk and it is filled with vile racist rants against black people because of this mindless violence. some are even saying all black people should be killed etc etc
Re: Another Black Boy Dead In London ( Nigerians Watch Over Your Children ) by eunisam: 5:14pm On Dec 27, 2011
When Federal Gov.has not been able to tacle the insecurity here,and you expect the to go to UK lol.Na the same people ooooooooooooooooo!
Re: Another Black Boy Dead In London ( Nigerians Watch Over Your Children ) by koruji(m): 5:51pm On Dec 27, 2011
Name, Seydou Diarrassouba, doesn't sound Nigerian. All the same, this is tragic.
Re: Another Black Boy Dead In London ( Nigerians Watch Over Your Children ) by Nobody: 12:12am On Dec 28, 2011
Re: Another Black Boy Dead In London ( Nigerians Watch Over Your Children ) by BlackBaron: 2:06am On Dec 28, 2011
This shitt ain't even funny no more.

Stabbed purportedly over a pair of trainers.

Not forgetting the London riots and all the fingers pointed at black youths. angry
Re: Another Black Boy Dead In London ( Nigerians Watch Over Your Children ) by Nobody: 4:54am On Dec 28, 2011
Are we blacks really mentally unstable?

Something needs to be done and done FAST.
Re: Another Black Boy Dead In London ( Nigerians Watch Over Your Children ) by Ymodulus: 8:47am On Dec 28, 2011
frosbel:

One said the killer said ‘Wallah’, an Arabic slang term for ‘I swear to God

who say islam is a religion of peace?
I doubt that.
Some months ago while in school on hostel. I recall watching this channel that showed a conference of islamic scholars around the world both with believers. The theme was islam the religion of peace. I will say it over and over again when i hear the words of these scholars i blived islam neva had to do wit violence just som pple mis-interpreting. So also others thought. But this activities going round proves otherwise. And i ask myself these questions are this muslim killers we see and hear of muslims? Or are dey d misguided goons? Or were those scholars liars?. Well bloody HYPOCRITES i call them. CHRISTIANS / MUSLIMS u say
Re: Another Black Boy Dead In London ( Nigerians Watch Over Your Children ) by icez: 11:38am On Dec 28, 2011
May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Another Black Boy Dead In London ( Nigerians Watch Over Your Children ) by norrisman: 11:58am On Dec 28, 2011
He was a gang member so law abiding African children need not worry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IVFrK6SXeM

(1) (Reply)

Fight Against Corruption: Is President Jonathan Getting It Right? / Gov. Amaechi's Aide Resigns / Onitsha Traders Jubilate As Obiano Installs CCTV At Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.