Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,289 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

The Elders Of Iboland Need To Come Together And Stop This Nonsense - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Elders Of Iboland Need To Come Together And Stop This Nonsense (1544 Views)

Important Message To Elders Of Iboland...no Authority Can Outlaw Biafran Flag / Go Home And Stop Your Hopeless Agitation’, Igbokwe Tells Nnamdi Kanu / Nigerians Voted For Change, Now Suffer And Stop Complaining- Fasheun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Elders Of Iboland Need To Come Together And Stop This Nonsense by MayorofLagos(m): 11:24pm On Jan 24, 2016
I read news almost daily now of youths getting shot and killed in East. This is not a happy moment at all and no one who cherishes life will sit by and watch children killed like this. This is getting out of hand.

The elders of Iboland need to converge at home...in Iboland...not in Lagos and not in Abuja, but in the heartland of Igbo and come up with a way forward. If their desire is for independence then they should rally a pr message that outlines in their favor a palatable argument for independence. If their desire is to remain in Nigeria then they should hold rally in each state of Igboland and address their people on the way forward.

Dont leave these children alone to their fate to be wasted by bullets, the elders ought to shield them from the risks.

Yoruba say....Agba kin wa l'oja k'ori omo tuntun wo!
There is no English equivalent for this adage but in effect it is a admonish calling the elder to protect the interest of its future.

i just find it irritating that the soldiers are killing people over there everyday and looks like they are taking liberty in the elders silence to escalate the killing. Shyyte! angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Elders Of Iboland Need To Come Together And Stop This Nonsense by Bhella5(m): 12:46am On Jan 25, 2016
You were making sense until went and invalidate your admonition with ur 'I dont like Ibo' statement. Mayor oya wear your crash helmet coz bashing will start to rain on you.

4 Likes

Re: The Elders Of Iboland Need To Come Together And Stop This Nonsense by BoleynDynaSTY(f): 12:59am On Jan 25, 2016
Op must u seek attention every minute? Don't die over igbo matter,its slowly turning to An obsession and its sickening

8 Likes

Re: The Elders Of Iboland Need To Come Together And Stop This Nonsense by MayorofLagos(m): 2:02am On Jan 25, 2016
Bhella5:
You were making sense until went and invalidate your admonition with ur 'I dont like Ibo' statement. Mayor oya wear your crash helmet coz bashing will start to rain on you.

What is your input on the part calling for Elders to show up and save the youth?

2 Likes

Re: The Elders Of Iboland Need To Come Together And Stop This Nonsense by otil1: 2:21am On Jan 25, 2016
We are not 'Ibo'. Say 'Igbo'

Say it again.

Good

3 Likes

Re: The Elders Of Iboland Need To Come Together And Stop This Nonsense by xtrophy: 5:23am On Jan 25, 2016
Shymm3x post:
.. I honestly don't know why some Yoruba folks can't let these people be.

It seems a lot of folks are oblivious to the fact that Nigeria is bankrupt and it's only a matter of time before it implodes. So if certain folks want to leave the cesspit, either by hook or by crook - why can't you let them be? Or are Yorubas so messed up these days that they don't believe that they can survive without Igbos cos it is starting to look like that?

You have a people who have been stuck in the 60s cos of Nigeria, yet they are the biggest proponent of the shiithole. If that isn't a classic case of Stockholm Syndrome, I don't know what it is. Or what have Yorubas achieved collectively since the 60s cos pictures of all Yoruba states, apart from Lagos aren't nothing to be proud of. Then almost all the states are heavily indebted and it is only going to get worse due to how bankrupt Nigeria is right now.

Anyway, there are tons of Yorubas out there who wouldn't mind donating in whatever capacity to the Biafran cause, if Igbos can develop a proper strategy that won't alienate those in the South and maintain territorial integrity. Igbos need to start reaching out cos apart from the cows and cow jockeys feasting on free grass in the zoo - the country is a disaster.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Elders Of Iboland Need To Come Together And Stop This Nonsense by DaBullIT(m): 5:54am On Jan 25, 2016
BoleynDynaSTY:
Op must u seek attention every minute? Don't die over igbo matter,its slowly turning to An obsession and its sickening

And you know he's seeking attention how?

You stalking him is becoming an obsession and it's sickening grin

In other news

Train up your child in the way of the Law and when he grows he won't get shot

2 Likes

Re: The Elders Of Iboland Need To Come Together And Stop This Nonsense by Pangea: 6:01am On Jan 25, 2016
The elders are all busy decamping to APC!
They are more interested in eating the crumbs from Abuja table than the lives being lost in the east!

2 Likes

Re: The Elders Of Iboland Need To Come Together And Stop This Nonsense by Abagworo(m): 7:01am On Jan 25, 2016
The so-called elders are yet to recover from post-defeat syndrome hence not even in a position to hold any positive meeting. They were the ones who led the youths into supporting Jonathan's bad government and their silence means they equally support anything to avenge Jonathan's defeat.

2 Likes

Re: The Elders Of Iboland Need To Come Together And Stop This Nonsense by orisa37: 7:06am On Jan 25, 2016
Very good report. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Elders Of Iboland Need To Come Together And Stop This Nonsense by Bhella5(m): 7:41am On Jan 25, 2016
MayorofLagos:

What is your input on the part calling for Elders to show up and save the youth?
I doubt if Ohaneze elders visits NL, so what input can i make?
Re: The Elders Of Iboland Need To Come Together And Stop This Nonsense by funlord(m): 7:55am On Jan 25, 2016
grin

It seems even the igbo elders are also sick and tired of those useless ipob youths!

Long may this their' _fuck you stance' continue!

3 Likes

Re: The Elders Of Iboland Need To Come Together And Stop This Nonsense by Raydos: 8:05am On Jan 25, 2016
All We Want Is Beer-Fans

2 Likes

Re: The Elders Of Iboland Need To Come Together And Stop This Nonsense by zendy: 8:25am On Jan 25, 2016
MayorofLagos:
I read news almost daily now of youths getting shot and killed in East. This is not a happy moment at all and no one who cherishes life will sit by and watch children killed like this. This is getting out of hand.

The elders of Iboland need to converge at home...in Iboland...not in Lagos and not in Abuja, but in the heartland of Igbo and come up with a way forward. If their desire is for independence then they should rally a pr message that outlines in their favor a palatable argument for independence. If their desire is to remain in Nigeria then they should hold rally in each state of Igboland and address their people on the way forward.

Dont leave these children alone to their fate to be wasted by bullets, the elders ought to shield them from the risks.

There is no English equivalent for this adage but in effect it is a admonish calling the elder to protect the interest of its future.

i just find it irritating that the soldiers are killing people over there everyday and looks like they are taking liberty in the elders silence to escalate the killing. Shyyte! angry

Guns do not shoot themselves. Instead of writting this long epistle, start asking who is shooting the guns. Who is doing the killings? Why are security forces shooting unarmed people who are exercising their legitimate right to peaceful protest. Start asking the question of why the armed forces are shooting the very people they are paid the protect

4 Likes

Re: The Elders Of Iboland Need To Come Together And Stop This Nonsense by Scholes007(m): 8:41am On Jan 25, 2016
MayorofLagos:

do you think our elders will be that foolish? Besides people like you will be the same set to start ranting about their meeting and its uselessness. So friend don't worry yourself, find other things to say as we all know you guys like talking but at least channel it to the betterment of your people not igbos that do not concern you
Re: The Elders Of Iboland Need To Come Together And Stop This Nonsense by mirabel001(f): 8:56am On Jan 25, 2016
MayorofLagos:

It's 2 late already....unfortunately none of them would read dis ur trash.....so continue spewing rubbish
Re: The Elders Of Iboland Need To Come Together And Stop This Nonsense by VirginFinder: 9:24am On Jan 25, 2016
xtrophy:
Shymm3x post:
.. I honestly don't know why some Yoruba folks can't let these people be.

It seems a lot of folks are oblivious to the fact that Nigeria is bankrupt and it's only a matter of time before it implodes. So if certain folks want to leave the cesspit,

You are a dullard!
The north is holding you down not Yorubas.
Be a man and face them squarely.
Whether Yorubas have gained from Nigeria or not is not your business.
Nuisance!!

3 Likes

Re: The Elders Of Iboland Need To Come Together And Stop This Nonsense by SegunAdewole: 9:36am On Jan 25, 2016
We yorubas should mind our business. Me i am yoruba and i tired of nigeria. That i must be nigerian is not written in the bible or koran.

1 Like

Re: The Elders Of Iboland Need To Come Together And Stop This Nonsense by SUBWAY101(m): 10:09am On Jan 25, 2016
SegunAdewole:
We yorubas should mind our business. Me i am yoruba and i tired of nigeria. That i must be nigerian is not written in the bible or koran.

Nwabekeyi Simeon, You keep disgracing the Eboe race. Coward

2 Likes

Re: The Elders Of Iboland Need To Come Together And Stop This Nonsense by SegunAdewole: 10:35am On Jan 25, 2016
SUBWAY101:

Nwabekeyi Simeon, You keep disgracing the Eboe race. Coward
Every omoluabi can not be a sai buharii zombie like you my brother.
Re: The Elders Of Iboland Need To Come Together And Stop This Nonsense by seunny4lif(m): 10:46am On Jan 25, 2016
grin

(1) (Reply)

Drama As Reps Stops Minister From Budget Defence / 10 Achievements Of Gov. Wike In Less Than 365 Days In Office / 5 Times Buhari's Handshake Went Wrong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.