Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,452 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

Ph.d Studies In Finland - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ph.d Studies In Finland (1192 Views)

Islamic Arabic Studies In Curriculum An Islamisation Agenda - CAN Tells Osinbajo / Under-30 Nigerian Lady Bags A Ph.d In Nuclear Physics (photos) / Professor's Wife Bags Ph.d In Mathematics, Son Bags Degree In Engineering. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ph.d Studies In Finland by toniapat(f): 12:47am On Jan 25, 2016
Hi everyone,

Just want to start a thread for Finnish resident scholars and others who are looking to start their Ph.D program in Finland immediately or in the nearest future as the country is one of the promising places to study and work with ease.

I've gone through application requirements for PhD in communication to be precise (University of Vaasa) and am seriously preparing to apply this year (November) I strongly believe that we can be of help to each other in the areas of sharing experience and asking for application and travel advices.

I've mailed my dream school and I have been provided with a fair amount of information. looking forward to further communicate with interested Nairalanders who are interested in this topic.
Wish you a great year ahead
Re: Ph.d Studies In Finland by drizzit(m): 9:57am On Jan 25, 2016
Hi,good morning. Really nice of you starting this post. I am also looking forward to starting my PhD program as soon as I find a tuition free school that offers monthly stipend to PhD candidates because its not easy coming up with funds for the program. So which field are you into? I am in the life sciences /biology/ecology and I am seriously scouring the net for any programs that are pocket friendly. So what info have you got that can be of help to a brother?.... smiley
Re: Ph.d Studies In Finland by drpialabi: 11:21am On Jan 25, 2016
Hi guys. What a nice and timely thread. My field is epidemiology & medical statistics.
Re: Ph.d Studies In Finland by toniapat(f): 11:05pm On Jan 26, 2016
It's good to know you are interested too. My field is Media studies and I have researched and mailed University of Vaasa. It's stated on their website that PhD is completely tuition-free. However, they informed me via e-mail that there will be available phd grants in subsequent years but I will have to pay for the first year.

The requirements are the regular ones (English test, transcripts, Certificates, Research proposal etc)
I plan to apply in November

1 Like

Re: Ph.d Studies In Finland by Thane(m): 6:53pm On Mar 29, 2020
toniapat:
It's good to know you are interested too. My field is Media studies and I have researched and mailed University of Vaasa. It's stated on their website that PhD is completely tuition-free. However, they informed me via e-mail that there will be available phd grants in subsequent years but I will have to pay for the first year.

The requirements are the regular ones (English test, transcripts, Certificates, Research proposal etc)
I plan to apply in November

Hello ma, were you able to get in to the school?
I have questions about the chances of a fresh graduate with no work experience to find scholarships in European schools

(1) (Reply)

WAEC Response To His Request Was Amazing! / J / Solve This Mathematics.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.