Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,295 members, 7,839,450 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Charles Okocha's Stomach Bursts After Surgery - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Charles Okocha's Stomach Bursts After Surgery (72287 Views)

Tonto Dikeh Has A Bigger Butt After Surgery (Photo) / Charles Okocha Celebrates Son's Birthday / Halima Abubakar Goes Bald Following Drug Reactions After Surgery (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Charles Okocha's Stomach Bursts After Surgery by thorpido(m): 2:06pm On Jan 25, 2016
ElPhoche:
1)Please, what's d difference between nylon 1 and nylon 2?
It is merely size. I have used them severally to suture. Using nylon 1 instead of nylon 2 would not cause burst abdomen, rather using one for the other would be hard/easier for the doctor (personal experience) and also especially cos of the attached needle.
2) Causes of burst abdomen?
-Use of absorbable sutures instead of nonabsorbable. Nylon is nonadsorbable, as in this case.
-Method of closure. Interruped sutures better than continuous.
-Midline n vertical incision have a greater predisposition to burst abdomen then horizontal incisions. But each has its adv and disadv.
-If there are present, causes of increased abdominal preasure, eg, coughing, vomiting, ascites.
-Presence of wound infection.
-Initial cause of operation, eg gunshots which are 'dirty' wounds and have a high burst abdomen incidence (which I suspect in this scenario.
-General condition of patient, eg, obesity, Jaundice.

3)I trained in NAUTH. I have had cause to donate and source for emergency blood. I smell a lie in that statement because, BEFORE ANY BLOOD IS DEPOSITED IN THE BLOOD BANK THERE, IT WILL HAVE BEEN TESTED FOR HIV, SYPHILIS, HEPATITIS B n C.
I have donated blood severally for people as a free donor and I know the procedure.

You say Nigerian doctors are not trying, tell that to the patient who I sutured after he had a DEGLOVING injury on his foot after an accidentr and see what he will tell you. Half of his foot skin removed and I had to repair it. Would I also mention the free outreaches I have assisted?
Ok nah
Guy,people don't know the volume of work being done in the hospital and the sacrifices being made.They don't know how you as the doctor is the one donating blood or getting your friends to do that.They don't know how you have to dip your hands in your pocket to provide for these patients.
Re: Charles Okocha's Stomach Bursts After Surgery by iykedare(m): 2:08pm On Jan 25, 2016
Houseofglam7:
I didn't really read the story but I wish him a quick recovery

You are intellectually lazy. If na to twerk now,we go see you.

1 Like

Re: Charles Okocha's Stomach Bursts After Surgery by 9japatroit(m): 2:11pm On Jan 25, 2016
The risk of having wound infection and burst abdomen and even an entero cutaneous fistula is high due to the type and extent of injury,I think these should be explained to patients so they don't blame doctors for everything,infact he should be thankful,even if he decides to sue them to court,he will loose.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Charles Okocha's Stomach Bursts After Surgery by 9jatatafo(m): 2:12pm On Jan 25, 2016
thorpido:
I can only defend myself.I can't take responsibility for the actions of other people.
However,saving life first has to do with so many things.Are you going to save life first with your own personal resources?There are times when some things are not available(blame the people who should provide that) and you just have to get the relatives to provide them.

Sometimes,the hospital staff is overworked too.The population is much in excess of available personnel.it can get frustrating.

The situation is so pathetic Dr. Thanks for your contribution to this subject matter
Re: Charles Okocha's Stomach Bursts After Surgery by iykedare(m): 2:16pm On Jan 25, 2016
thorpido:
Na God save this actor life.Him for don die.

Hospitals in Nigeria are in a poor state,I can't lie.As a medical personnel,I know a lot still has to be done.
It's a shame but the leadership has to be blamed.Put structures in place,provide necessary materials and deal with erring personnel.

The most important thing is the attitude of people.

Someone,a Nigerian, must have been given the responsibility to ensure that the hospitals are equipped. How come they don't even have a 700 naira material used for surgery?

What do we say about the attitude of the nurse who kept on eating while a patient was battling with death?

My mum is a nurse and she tells me the attitude of nurses and doctors. I feel that they are used to seeing people die so its no big deal to them?
Re: Charles Okocha's Stomach Bursts After Surgery by YOUNGKAHUNA: 2:19pm On Jan 25, 2016
It was this same negligence that made me loss my dad at JUTH.
Re: Charles Okocha's Stomach Bursts After Surgery by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jan 25, 2016
Kudos to the medical team who did all they could within the available resources to save the young man. Burst abdomen after such surgeries especially from a penetrating/perforating gunshot wound is a common occurrence even in the most advance settings. What this wailer should be doing is to show gratitude to the surgeons who successfully performed this delicate surgery while pointing out ways government can assist our hospitals to perform better. This man could have died if this surgery was performed at india

1 Like

Re: Charles Okocha's Stomach Bursts After Surgery by iykedare(m): 2:23pm On Jan 25, 2016
YOUNGKAHUNA:
It was this same negligence that made me loss my dad at JUTH.

Pele.
Re: Charles Okocha's Stomach Bursts After Surgery by ElPhoche(m): 2:23pm On Jan 25, 2016
thorpido:
Guy,people don't know the volume of work being done in the hospital and the sacrifices being made.They don't know how you as the doctor is the one donating blood or getting your friends to do that.They don't know how you have to dip your hands in your pocket to provide for these patients.
As in eh. As a course representative in school, I can't remember the number of times I have practically dragged my classmates to donate blood FREE OF CHARGE, not even the ones I have done.
People are always quick to rise and villify the medical personnel. Qe aren't saints but we don not merit the misdirected insult. I have had cause to pay and stand as a surety for an accident victim till je can come back and pay, without my Boss knowing.
#Leavetrashfordoctors
Re: Charles Okocha's Stomach Bursts After Surgery by Rupeey(f): 2:23pm On Jan 25, 2016
vitgarea:
vitgarea
all these scammers una no go rest.. MTN ?10,000 ko! 1million ni
Re: Charles Okocha's Stomach Bursts After Surgery by iykedare(m): 2:27pm On Jan 25, 2016
ubecharles:
Kudos to the medical team who did all they could within the available resources to save the young man. Burst abdomen after such surgeries especially from a penetrating/perforating gunshot wound is a common occurrence even in the most advance settings. What this wailer should be doing is to show gratitude to the surgeons who successfully performed this delicate surgery while pointing out ways government can assist our hospitals to perform better. This man could have died if this surgery was performed at india

How is he a wailer? Is this APC vs pdp fight? Are you saying that the hospital shouldn't have had a 700 naira material used for surgery? Are you saying that the blood test attendant shouldn't have hurried to attend to the man? Is it right for people to take pics of a dying man rather than save his life?

What that f0rk is wrong with us?

I'm so pissed .

2 Likes

Re: Charles Okocha's Stomach Bursts After Surgery by ElPhoche(m): 2:28pm On Jan 25, 2016
iykedare:

Someone,a Nigerian, must have been given the responsibility to ensure that the hospitals are equipped. How come they don't even have a 700 naira material used for surgery?

What do we say about the attitude of the nurse who kept on eating while a patient was battling with death. Mum is a nurse and she tells me the attitude of nurses and doctors. I feel that they are used to seeing people die so its no big deal to them?
There is no way that there would not be sutures in the hospital. Only that Nylon 2 was not available in the theatre at that moment. There are more than 10 suture types, and each with atleast 15 sizes. One suture type and size can be used for another, depending on the scenario. Using nylon 2 for 3 being the least. At the risk of waiting, the desired suture type and aize can always be sourced in the theater pharmacy or general hospital pharmacy.
You don't have to be emotional as a doctor or nurse, elae you won't do ur job well. What is required of you is empthaty..
Re: Charles Okocha's Stomach Bursts After Surgery by Houseofglam7(f): 2:37pm On Jan 25, 2016
iykedare:

You are intellectually lazy. If na to twerk now,we go see you.

Your opinion is duly noted.

Bye
Re: Charles Okocha's Stomach Bursts After Surgery by iykedare(m): 2:39pm On Jan 25, 2016
ElPhoche:

There is no way that there would not be sutures in the hospital. Only that Nylon 2 was not available in the theatre at that moment. There are more than 10 suture types, and each with atleast 15 sizes. One suture type and size can be used for another, depending on the scenario. Using nylon 2 for 3 being the least. At the risk of waiting, the desired suture type and aize can always be sourced in the theater pharmacy or general hospital pharmacy.
You don't have to be emotional as a doctor or nurse, elae you won't do ur job well. What is required of you is empthaty..

You haven't said anything about the attitude of nurses and doctors? Sometimes, you people don't just care.
Your work require empathy so if it is to much to give then why are you guys in it?

1 Like

Re: Charles Okocha's Stomach Bursts After Surgery by ElPhoche(m): 2:46pm On Jan 25, 2016
iykedare:

You haven't said anything about the attitude of nurses and doctors? Sometimes, you people don't just care.
Your work require empathy so if it is to much to give then why are you guys in it?
Depends on what you mean by attitude. I speak for myself now. I ensure that I give my patient time and attention. However, if it is a clinic or AnE where you have a lot of patients to attend, I can't give you all my time cos I have others and can't divide myself. Do you know my working conditions before you ask? Do you know if we are understaffed? What about the 5k hazard fee in the face of Ebola/Lassa fever?
I urge you not to base ur assumption from a one-sided story.
Hallelujah somebody smiley
Re: Charles Okocha's Stomach Bursts After Surgery by Martins24: 3:12pm On Jan 25, 2016
igwe the 2pac what happened na that you went for surgery
Re: Charles Okocha's Stomach Bursts After Surgery by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jan 25, 2016
That's what happens when primary and secondary school dropouts are recruited as policemen
Re: Charles Okocha's Stomach Bursts After Surgery by Jennifer89(f): 3:31pm On Jan 25, 2016
nellaluv:
His stomach doesn't look healthy, he looks like someone that just gave birth. I don't think the doctor did a good job, upon the gra gra undecided

So you carry this brain enter 2016 undecided

2 Likes

Re: Charles Okocha's Stomach Bursts After Surgery by grandlexuz(m): 3:50pm On Jan 25, 2016
V
Re: Charles Okocha's Stomach Bursts After Surgery by glossy6(f): 3:51pm On Jan 25, 2016
Hmmm. A cat with nine lives so to say. To God be the Glory
Re: Charles Okocha's Stomach Bursts After Surgery by InvertedHammer: 3:52pm On Jan 25, 2016
ElPhoche:
1)Please, what's d difference between nylon 1 and nylon 2?
It is merely size. I have used them severally to suture. Using nylon 1 instead of nylon 2 would not cause burst abdomen, rather using one for the other would be hard/easier for the doctor (personal experience) and also especially cos of the attached needle.
2) Causes of burst abdomen?
-Use of absorbable sutures instead of nonabsorbable. Nylon is nonadsorbable, as in this case.
-Method of closure. Interruped sutures better than continuous.
-Midline n vertical incision have a greater predisposition to burst abdomen then horizontal incisions. But each has its adv and disadv.
-If there are present, causes of increased abdominal preasure, eg, coughing, vomiting, ascites.
-Presence of wound infection.
-Initial cause of operation, eg gunshots which are 'dirty' wounds and have a high burst abdomen incidence (which I suspect in this scenario.
-General condition of patient, eg, obesity, Jaundice.

3)I trained in NAUTH. I have had cause to donate and source for emergency blood. I smell a lie in that statement because, BEFORE ANY BLOOD IS DEPOSITED IN THE BLOOD BANK THERE, IT WILL HAVE BEEN TESTED FOR HIV, SYPHILIS, HEPATITIS B n C.
I have donated blood severally for people as a free donor and I know the procedure.

You say Nigerian doctors are not trying, tell that to the patient who I sutured after he had a DEGLOVING injury on his foot after an accidentr and see what he will tell you. Half of his foot skin removed and I had to repair it. Would I also mention the free outreaches I have assisted?
Ok nah
/

Now that you have finished about your experience.

Can you vouch for other doctors and their commitments to healthcare delivery?

Like I always say, everything in Nigeria is about the title instead of service delivery.

Once in a while, you run into folks that have passion for their profession.

May be, you are one of those few with the passion.

You know that there are some doctors in your department that you will never put your
family members under his/her care.

\

1 Like

Re: Charles Okocha's Stomach Bursts After Surgery by Ambisharp: 3:59pm On Jan 25, 2016
vitgarea:
vitgarea

This was a scam!
Re: Charles Okocha's Stomach Bursts After Surgery by Ambisharp: 4:00pm On Jan 25, 2016
@ vitgarea

This was a scam!

Re: Charles Okocha's Stomach Bursts After Surgery by magicminister: 4:19pm On Jan 25, 2016
thorpido:
[b]
Lissen my guy, no one cares if you had to fly to jupiter.
All they want is a smiling face, listening ear and a helping hand.
Medical practitioners in Nigerian PUBLIC HOSPITALS are so rude and impatient.
I once had an experience in Lasuth where the doctor in charge of the medical emergency ward (A female) practically told me to go and die because they don't have the required drugs i need and even though the hematology or pediatric department might have the drug, she wouldn't make any effort to get it for me because the medical emergency department is having issues with the hematology department. If i am lying, may God strike me.
She left me to die because of her pride.
I am not the rude type and i was actually very polite in my approach.
Guy, that my experience alone has made me realize that Nigerian medical staffs in public hospitals are demons.

I really thank God my financial circumstance is A+ now. I will never ever have to visit a public hospital in Nigeria again.
There is no hope for poor people in Nigeria. Even the medical practitioners are poor but instead of helping other poor people live another day, they would rather help them die!
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Charles Okocha's Stomach Bursts After Surgery by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 25, 2016
queenfav:
Taking a family member or friend to any teaching hospital in Nigeria, should be backed up with prayers.Their doctors,nurses and porters are the most useless I have encountered.My younger brother had a bike accident november last year.From us begging them to attend to him even at the ER,to a doctor misplacing his file,even up to a nurse asking me what an injection was used for (meaning,he didn't know what he was supposed to administer to him).I just knew that only God can save him.Teaching hospitals in Nigeria are a big joke.The patients drip would finish,they would leave it till it startes to tissue.Even when you call them,they will only attend to you when they feel like it.They inflate the prices of drugs,and yet give off an "I don't care attitude",as though they are treating patients fro free.Daily just pray you or your loved ones never encounter any accident or ailment that would warrant admission to a teaching hospital.Its not a nice experience at all.You have to be diplomatic,or they would just abandon your person to die.They are heartless like that.Many times e be like say make I wozz person slap,I just had to calm myself.Its annoying cos the medical service is not free for crying out loud!

Breathtaking if this is really what it is and how it is.
Re: Charles Okocha's Stomach Bursts After Surgery by thorpido(m): 4:57pm On Jan 25, 2016
magicminister:

[b]
Lissen my guy, no one cares if you had to fly to jupiter.
All they want is a smiling face, listening ear and a helping hand.
Medical practitioners in Nigerian PUBLIC HOSPITALS are so rude and impatient.
I once had an experience in Lasuth where the doctor in charge of the medical emergency ward (A female) practically told me to go and die because they don't have the required drugs i need and even though the hematology or pediatric department might have the drug, she wouldn't make any effort to get it for me because the medical emergency department is having issues with the hematology department. If i am lying, may God strike me.
She left me to die because of her pride.
I am not the rude type and i was actually very polite in my approach.
Guy, that my experience alone has made me realize that Nigerian medical staffs in public hospitals are demons.

I really thank God my financial circumstance is A+ now. I will never ever have to visit a public hospital in Nigeria again.
There is no hope for poor people in Nigeria. Even the medical practitioners are poor but instead of helping other poor people live another day, they would rather help them die!
[/b]
One person's experience to judge every health worker?
Do you know what sacrifices many make for patients daily?
Well there are many with a smiling face,a listening ear and a helping hand.

By the way,flying to jupiter will be a worthwhile experience.
Re: Charles Okocha's Stomach Bursts After Surgery by jmoore(m): 4:59pm On Jan 25, 2016
ElPhoche:

Ok nah
All doctors are not like you!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Charles Okocha's Stomach Bursts After Surgery by thorpido(m): 5:08pm On Jan 25, 2016
iykedare:

What do we say about the attitude of the nurse who kept on eating while a patient was battling with death?

My mum is a nurse and she tells me the attitude of nurses and doctors. I feel that they are used to seeing people die so its no big deal to them?
To be honest,there are bad eggs in the hospitals but I will still give an above average mark to most health workers.
That nurse eating when there was an emergency didn't do well but probably that was the only time she had a break to eat.Once you get to work,work starts and till 2pm,you'll realise you haven't eaten anything.
I know things should be better.

1 Like

Re: Charles Okocha's Stomach Bursts After Surgery by lakizmet(m): 5:35pm On Jan 25, 2016
I don't know if afta seeing lots of blood our doctors n nurses lost dia humanity.am sorry to say cos wat dis guy said s d truth.imaging a Dr telling a guy back den dat if u die u ar nt d first nor d last..... My guy na God save d actor oooh

1 Like

Re: Charles Okocha's Stomach Bursts After Surgery by darlenese(f): 5:37pm On Jan 25, 2016
I don't advice anyone to visit a teaching hospitals ....

I have a very sad experience with UPTH(pH) and UBTH (benin)and UCH(Ibadan)
No wonder people travel out of the country for proper medical care.
Re: Charles Okocha's Stomach Bursts After Surgery by Guyman02: 5:38pm On Jan 25, 2016
I was working in a project where we had a camp and most evenings the armed Policemen who excorted the expatriates always come to the club house to relax with us with their rifle in tow until the elderly ones among us complained to management, that alcohol and guns dont mix, the were then given serious warning to desist and this story makes me realise what the insistence of those elders meant.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tuface Idibia And His Kids With Pero Adeniyi In The US Yesterday (Pictured) / Tekno Joins In The Wizkid Vs Davido Beef (photos) / Susan: I Am Pregnant For Davido, He Slept With Me At Eko Hotel - Sisters Accuse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.