Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,485 members, 7,812,507 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:30 PM

“we Need Biafra!” - The Biafran “emancipation” Movement (BEM) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “we Need Biafra!” - The Biafran “emancipation” Movement (BEM) (576 Views)

How Biafran Opposition Narative Keeps Evolving Towards Biafran Emancipation / Okorocha: We Don’t Need Biafra… Let’s Fix Our Relationship With The North / Do The Igbos Really Need Biafra?...... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“we Need Biafra!” - The Biafran “emancipation” Movement (BEM) by SunehriLasgidi(f): 6:59am On Jan 25, 2016
It’s breaks my heart to see able-bodied men and women marching on the streets of South-Eastern Nigeria agitating for their own country- Biafra. These people should have been at their workplaces. This goes on to depict one of the grievances they have against the Federal Republic of Nigeria- Unemployment.

It gets laughable that a majority of the protesters never experienced the war. (How many of them on the streets are up to 48 years old?) They don't know what a war is like yet, they are gyrating to the tune of the drums of war.

1967-1970 saw Nigeria, especially Eastern Nigeria, ravaged by a war that claimed the lives of more than 1.5 million Nigerians. Some families never recovered after that war. 48 years later, some Nigerians are opening old wounds: they are clamouring for Biafra. This makes one wonder: “Why are they doing this? What do they hope to achieve?”

Sadly, the man that sparked this fire and desire for Biafra, Late Dim Ojukwu, has passed on. But before he crossed over to the other side, he expressly stated:

“... And I will say it to everyone I led proudly the first one. I don't think a second one is necessary. We should have learnt from that first one. Otherwise, the dead would have been to no avail... It would have all been in vain.”

Bearing this in mind, I don't understand why some people from the South-Eastern part of Nigeria want to go for Biafra despite knowing that it could cause a war.

Read More On: http://www.thefemmemedia.com/2015/11/we-need-biafra.html#more

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “we Need Biafra!” - The Biafran “emancipation” Movement (BEM) by funlord(m): 8:08am On Jan 25, 2016
smiley

Where are all those "nairaland ipob youth bastards?"

Come and answer the o.p's reasonable questions with your usual display of crass ignorance, _stupidity, cowardice and tribalism!

Osisor!!!
Re: “we Need Biafra!” - The Biafran “emancipation” Movement (BEM) by Nobody: 8:20am On Jan 25, 2016
a people have the right to self determination. I do not have any issues if the Igbo wanna break away. my issue is with their methods. crude, to say the least.

I pray they get their country and soon too.

at least we can repatriate as many of them as we like from the south west.

(1) (Reply)

Ex-finance Minister Okonjo-iweala Lashes Out, Slams Femi Falana / Drama In Court As Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Own Lawyer / I Never Referred To Obasanjo In My Speech – Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.