Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,480 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:20 AM

Do The Igbos Really Need Biafra?...... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do The Igbos Really Need Biafra?...... (2411 Views)

Okorocha: We Don’t Need Biafra… Let’s Fix Our Relationship With The North / Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise / Ndigbo Don’t Need Biafra’ -bishop Chukwuma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do The Igbos Really Need Biafra?...... by nwadiuko1(m): 12:02pm On Feb 10, 2016
most times the word biafra evokes in every igbo man or woman this sense a sense of unity of the igbo race......in as much as I am one of those who think the igbos ( not elites or politicians) are not getting their share of whatever it is that keeps this country running......I still believe that biafra is something that may not come to reality in the nearest future.....i hear someone ask why I said that.....and I will answer by asking some few questions

do we igbos really love ourselves? I don't mean rallying round to defend some silly ish on nairaland.....no! I mean real brotherly love....anyi furu onwe anyi nanya?........the last election in Abia state is a perfect example of how trully we love our selves...where one certain individual who may or may not be from the state will make statements like......" an ngwa man cannot and must not rule abia"....and another idiot will answer " we will chase ohuhu out"......does that show love?

now look at threads where people bash imo state just because the governor is on another side of the political divide........you hear words like....." imo is cursed" "Abia is cursed" " anambra is the best" "anambra is erosion ravaged".........are these really ways of criticizing constructively?

someone should look up this thread and air his or her view....... www.nairaland.com/2923154/onitsha-anmbra-man-never-show.....if we don't love ourselves...others will continue to ridicule us

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do The Igbos Really Need Biafra?...... by Nobody: 12:17pm On Feb 10, 2016
Rubbish....
Even in your subconscious you know nairaland said no to Biafra...

But due to your eagerness to ridicule Biafra you went and open this thread.

What a radiance to rubbish.. How does the fight \conflict relate to the subject matter.

Smh!!!

15 Likes

Re: Do The Igbos Really Need Biafra?...... by nwadiuko1(m): 12:19pm On Feb 10, 2016
RightBoo:
Rubbish....
Even in your subconscious you know nairaland said no to Biafra...

But due to your eagerness to ridicule Biafra you went and open this thread.

What a radiance to rubbish.. How does the fight \conflict relate to the subject matter.

Smh!!!
understand before you attack......am not your average joe.........nairaland says no to biafra.....yes we all know that.....take a few minutes and read through the thread I referenced up there......then come back here and tell me why we won't finish ourselves before two years if given the biafra........

1 Like

Re: Do The Igbos Really Need Biafra?...... by surestakes: 12:22pm On Feb 10, 2016
Yes. And no undecided
Re: Do The Igbos Really Need Biafra?...... by Flexherbal(m): 12:28pm On Feb 10, 2016
What we need are men that can serve this country.

1 Like

Re: Do The Igbos Really Need Biafra?...... by DiademSh07: 1:23pm On Feb 10, 2016
RightBoo:

Your post is senseless...
Even biological brothers fight and make up let alone non biological brothers..
Igbo People have been living as one before Nigeria was born.
Why are you now using a little conflict started on nairaland to use as a yardstick against the unity of Igbos on ground if you ain't mischievous and high on cheap drugs...

Get back to kindergarten as your brain is useless even more useless than a rotten brainless zombie.

Gerrarhere mudafka
LOL!
Ibos were the only tribe that has no contact with each other. But rather lived in scattered hamlets where they were found naked and seen to dance around pot of boiling human meat, not to mention selling their fellow brothers as slaves! Case study is Jaja of Opobo!
The coming of the Whites is the best thing to have ever happened to you cannibalistic cave men!
No wonder they couldn't feed themselves and resorted to cannibalism during the civil war! Kwashiorkor! Hian!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do The Igbos Really Need Biafra?...... by babyfaceafrica: 1:27pm On Feb 10, 2016
OP be prepared o..they will call you a ''Yoloba man''
Re: Do The Igbos Really Need Biafra?...... by Scholes007(m): 1:28pm On Feb 10, 2016
DiademSh07:

LOL!
Ibos were the only tribe that has no contact with each other. But rather lived in scattered hamlets where they were found naked and seen to dance around pot of boiling human meat, not to mention selling their fellow brothers as slaves! Case study is Jaja of Opobo!
The coming of the Whites is the best thing to have ever happened to you cannibalistic cave men!
No wonder they couldn't feed themselves and resorted to cannibalism during the civil war! Kwashiorkor! Hian!
who dey tell you all these things? Abeg go tell say make in no tell you again.

1 Like

Re: Do The Igbos Really Need Biafra?...... by Nobody: 1:29pm On Feb 10, 2016
Biafra may or may not be the answer but I don't see the rivalry as a problem to ndigbo. The issue in the past use to be more of clans Vs clans, an that was healthy rivalry. The Nnewi man was always trying to catch up with the Onitsha man, while the Mbaise man was looking at how he could trounce the Owerri man in education. This attitude helped alot, and was one reason ndigbo in a space of 30 years overtook other ethnic groups in education, wealth distribution and community development.
Although this sibling rivalry helped us grow, even towards the post-Biafran war, only to be faced with another bigger monster emanating from the creation of states. The balkanization of Igboland through state creation is a device set up to divide and create enemity between brothers. We now see a situation where a section of Igboland is ignorantly becoming possessed by their self-belief of being the most successful Igbo state, with the highest number of rich people and other individual development index. These group seem to be impatient with other group who they feel are not at pace, which brings this feeling of superiority and chest beating among a few within that enclave, and which has led to distrust among another rival group within another enclave, who see it as a duty to checkmate that behaviour.

4 Likes

Re: Do The Igbos Really Need Biafra?...... by DiademSh07: 1:34pm On Feb 10, 2016
Scholes007:
who dey tell you all these things? Abeg go tell say make in no tell you again.
LOL!
Are you arguing against what the whites wrote about their encounter with the ibos?
Secondly, are you refuting the well Known fact that Jaja was sold as a slave?
What about the kwashiorkor menace and cannibalism in ibo land during the civil war?
Re: Do The Igbos Really Need Biafra?...... by Nobody: 1:39pm On Feb 10, 2016
DiademSh07:

LOL!
Are you arguing against what the whites wrote about their encounter with the ibos?
What about the kwashiorkor menace and cannibalism in ibo land during the civil war?
Keep quiet Mr Man, Igbo even after selling themselves as slave, still didn't go as far as another ethnic group who safe for the coming of the British intended wiping themselves off the surface of the earth with their genocidal war termed 'Kiriji'.

5 Likes

Re: Do The Igbos Really Need Biafra?...... by Scholes007(m): 1:41pm On Feb 10, 2016
DiademSh07:

LOL!
you are clearly a liar. The white men misunderstood the igbo's at the onset but letter came to realize that there is a form of government where everyone has equal right. Will you also argue that?.
Most west africans sold their people to slaves including yoruba so wats you problem with the igbos? Besides igbos has very minimal intra-tribal because the believe in dialoge. War have been their last resort

1 Like

Re: Do The Igbos Really Need Biafra?...... by Nobody: 1:53pm On Feb 10, 2016
[s]
DiademSh07:

LOL!
[/s]

Lmao...
So you wanna make this a battle with the Yoruba's right.
Everybody knows that Yoruba's don't love each other.mm
They eat themselves and use there brothers and sisters as rituals and also to cure themselves.

Like in this article of known cannibalistic tribe where Yoruba's are mentioned alongside other cannibalistic tribe in the world.

A Tribe called Yoruba is indulge in the human flesh trade and even there are reports of cannibalism in the Nigeria where enjoy having human meat. Body parts and its trade are booming in Nigeria because of high rate of superstition and demand by witch doctors. Bodies which are unclaimed or did not found any place in cemetery or left partly cremated contribute majority of the volume of this flourishing business. There are open markets where one can buy fresh or stored human meat and its body parts. Here are the details from which one could have an idea about its norms and existence Lagos – A Nigerian man has been arrested after he killed a woman and ate her stewed intestines in a bid to cure an abnormally persistent Attention, police said on Wednesday.

A spokesperson for Osun state police said 50-year-old Folorunso Olukotun had led officers to his victim’s disemboweled body in the bush near his home village in south-west Nigeria.

“According to the man’s story, his private organ always has an Attention and it doesn’t go down,” Oluwole Ayodeji said. “Someone advised him to kill a woman and eat her intestines.”

Olukotun ambushed his victim, a woman in her forties unknown to her attacker, on a path near her village. He attacked her with a machete, killed her, and took her intestines home, Ayodeji said.

‘He seems to have believed them’
“He cooked them like a sort of stew and ate them with pounded yam,” he said. “When the police arrived he was very open, we have his whole confession on tape and he has been remanded in custody.”

The spokesperson said that police believe that someone had jokingly suggested cannibalism as a cure for Olukotun’s problem, in the belief that he would never carry out such a killing.

“He seems to have believed them,” he said. Police could not say whether the Attention has now subsided. – Sapa-AFP

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?click_id=68&art_id=qw1022058361787B252&set

The world knows that the Yoruba's are diabolic and fetish. They are ritualist and cannibals. Betrayals and traitors.
Awolowo died of poison when he knew there were no more opportunity to eat human meat in prison.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do The Igbos Really Need Biafra?...... by nwadiuko1(m): 4:21pm On Feb 10, 2016

Your post is senseless...
Even biological brothers fight and make up let alone non biological brothers..
Igbo People have been living as one before Nigeria was born.
Why are you now using a little conflict started on nairaland to use as a yardstick against the unity of Igbos on ground if you ain't mischievous and high on cheap drugs...

Get back to kindergarten as your brain is useless even more useless than a rotten brainless zombie.

Gerrarhere mudafka
nigga you are not more igbo than me......and you do not want biafra more than I do......if you had an ounce of sense you should know that what I pointed out was a trend we need to nip in the mud.......no body wants a biafra where an anambra man will think he is superior to others.....or vice versa.......that is exactly what is happening in Nigeria today....the hausa fulani thinks everyother person is below them.........In the thread I redirected you to the idiot who created the thread wanted to get at anambra state.....with his fellow idiots supporting him, then came the replies from from bigger idiots opposing him......these things need not be so......you never an hausa or yoruba man saying one of their states is cursed,.......even if a fellow igbo man offends you there is a better way to chastise him or her.....not branding a whole state "cursed".....
Re: Do The Igbos Really Need Biafra?...... by nwadiuko1(m): 4:28pm On Feb 10, 2016
DiademSh07:

LOL!
my friend I did not open this thread for you to show your stupidit.y.......i opened this thread so that right thinking igbo sons and daughters like me will be mindful of the words they use on their fellow brothers..........

by the way, for the people saying my post is senseless....you have a right to your opinion......

1 Like

Re: Do The Igbos Really Need Biafra?...... by nwadiuko1(m): 4:37pm On Feb 10, 2016
Chiwude:
Biafra may or may not be the answer but I don't see the rivalry as a problem to ndigbo. The issue in the past use to be more of clans Vs clans, an that was healthy rivalry. The Nnewi man was always trying to catch up with the Onitsha man, while the Mbaise man was looking at how he could trounce the Owerri man in education. This attitude helped alot, and was one reason ndigbo in a space of 30 years overtook other ethnic groups in education, wealth distribution and community development.
Although this sibling rivalry helped us grow, even towards the post-Biafran war, only to be faced with another bigger monster emanating from the creation of states. The balkanization of Igboland through state creation is a device set up to divide and create enemity between brothers. We now see a situation where a section of Igboland is ignorantly becoming possessed by their self-belief of being the most successful Igbo state, with the highest number of rich people and other individual development index. These group seem to be impatient with other group who they feel are not at pace, which brings this feeling of superiority and chest beating among a few within that enclave, and which has led to distrust among another rival group within another enclave, who see it as a duty to checkmate that behaviour.
thanks God for people like you....at least you got an idea of what am talking about..........am a kinda person that would rather die than badmouth an igbo state in this forum......there are better forms of criticism ( contructive) not this stupid chest beating we see everyday........imagine someone went as far as posting 2013 pictures of Aba all in a bid to badmouth the state?.......another fellow had to use the phrase " imo is cursed"........are these the sort of competitiveness we want?
Re: Do The Igbos Really Need Biafra?...... by lawani: 12:06pm On May 09, 2016
Husband and wife fight, tongue and teeth fight and there are bad people in all groups. Fighting is no big deal but Igbos are big enough to be a sovereign nation with army and police. That nation will be more than Ghana. It need not be Biafra if non Igbos will not join but support them to have their own sovereign state as well. Without a state with well entrenched armies and police, independent control of their economy and future the Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa and etc nations will likely remain on one spot for a long time.
Re: Do The Igbos Really Need Biafra?...... by Nobody: 9:39pm On Apr 09, 2017
You're making this Biafra issue to seem like its an Igbo thing.....well i need Biafra

1 Like

Re: Do The Igbos Really Need Biafra?...... by Nobody: 9:43pm On Apr 09, 2017
nwadiuko1:
[s]most times the word biafra evokes in every igbo man or woman this sense a sense of unity of the igbo race......in as much as I am one of those who think the igbos ( not elites or politicians) are not getting their share of whatever it is that keeps this country running......I still believe that biafra is something that may not come to reality in the nearest future.....i hear someone ask why I said that.....and I will answer by asking some few questions

do we igbos really love ourselves? I don't mean rallying round to defend some silly ish on nairaland.....no! I mean real brotherly love....anyi furu onwe anyi nanya?........the last election in Abia state is a perfect example of how trully we love our selves...where one certain individual who may or may not be from the state will make statements like......" an ngwa man cannot and must not rule abia"....and another idiot will answer " we will chase ohuhu out"......does that show love?

now look at threads where people bash imo state just because the governor is on another side of the political divide........you hear words like....." imo is cursed" "Abia is cursed" " anambra is the best" "anambra is erosion ravaged".........are these really ways of criticizing constructively?

someone should look up this thread and air his or her view....... www.nairaland.com/2923154/onitsha-anmbra-man-never-show.....if we don't love ourselves...others will continue to ridicule u[/s]s

Afonja

6 Likes

Re: Do The Igbos Really Need Biafra?...... by nwadiuko1(m): 9:51pm On Apr 09, 2017
saint7000:

Afonja
nkita rachakwa gi anya ebe ahu.......

1 Like

Re: Do The Igbos Really Need Biafra?...... by Dedetwo(m): 9:54pm On Apr 09, 2017
nwadiuko1:
most times the word biafra evokes in every igbo man or woman this sense a sense of unity of the igbo race......in as much as I am one of those who think the igbos ( not elites or politicians) are not getting their share of whatever it is that keeps this country running...... I still believe that biafra is something that may not come to reality in the nearest future.....i hear someone ask why I said that.....and I will answer by asking some few questions

someone should look up this thread and air his or her view....... www.nairaland.com/2923154/onitsha-anmbra-man-never-show.....if we don't love ourselves...others will continue to ridicule us

I suggest you rethink the reality of Biafra. Does it occur to you that most of the youths who clamor for Biafra today had parents who did not see Biafra. Your question about "love ourselves" is totally irrelevant because love has got nothing to do with quest for nation state. If loving ourselves was a cornerstone for nation state, Nigeria would not have become country. If fair election or lack thereof is now yardstick to decide which group should have a nation, again Nigeria had no business being a country. It appears when it comes to the issue of Biafra, most Nigerians tend to loose mental balance.
Re: Do The Igbos Really Need Biafra?...... by DrGoodman: 10:06pm On Apr 09, 2017
Biafra is the only saviour for this country.

1 Like

Re: Do The Igbos Really Need Biafra?...... by durangokid: 10:08pm On Apr 09, 2017
DiademSh07:

LOL!
first of all you are not igbo secondly your tread is useless, because an igbo man cannot write this especially the foolish questions raised because it is only the westerners and the northerners asked the question you raised that automatically betrayed you again no igbo man call Igbos ibo

1 Like

Re: Do The Igbos Really Need Biafra?...... by durangokid: 10:16pm On Apr 09, 2017
DiademSh07:

LOL!
Guy Guy what is your interest whether there is BIAFRA or not, does it matter to non Igbos, what is their problem if Igbos want to stay on their own, you people want to continue continue to pull Igbos down. The truth is the fear of other tribes is that biafra will develop massively if given a nation, this is what other tribes don't don't want to see

1 Like

Re: Do The Igbos Really Need Biafra?...... by slivertongue: 11:15pm On Apr 09, 2017
NO and YES

Once the internal contradictions is addressed Nigeria will be for all but for now Nigeria is home to nobody.

If Nigeria fails to act right nature will take its cause. its only a matter of time

igbos have issues with unity but it can be solved. Post war igbo society is a mockery of what it use to be and ought to be
Re: Do The Igbos Really Need Biafra?...... by ariesbull: 5:26am On Apr 10, 2017
nwadiuko1:
most times the word biafra evokes in every igbo man or woman this sense a sense of unity of the igbo race......in as much as I am one of those who think the igbos ( not elites or politicians) are not getting their share of whatever it is that keeps this country running......I still believe that biafra is something that may not come to reality in the nearest future.....i hear someone ask why I said that.....and I will answer by asking some few questions

Ofeke

So igbo don't love themselves yet they pick up people to help
Igbo don't love themselves yet they do community projects

Are these found in Yoruba or hausa

Ofeke

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do The Igbos Really Need Biafra?...... by Nobody: 5:42am On Apr 10, 2017
My answer before I read your post is a resounding YES.

Because this marriage is not showing any signs of working

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do The Igbos Really Need Biafra?...... by Nobody: 5:56am On Apr 10, 2017
Now my answer to your points. May not have time to put them in a coherent form though. But the points are there.

nwadiuko1:

No society or organization is homogeneous through and through. It is said that if you ask 2 people to debate an issue, you get 3 opinions. I happened with Christianity. It happened in Islam. It happened in America and everywhere in the world now it is happening even as we speak.

But the crucial point is that the smaller the organism, the lesser the internal conflict. Biafra, on its own, would gain a measure of homogeneity. Look at Nigeria. Whatever direction you look at it from (South to North; East to West) you observe the same thing. Vast differences of culture, language, religion. Things a human being cannot do without. Never mind what the marxists would tell you.

So if you think there is less love among "Biafrans", I assure you that there is much less love among "Nigerians." This is simply because this observation you made is true among other groups. Now if each group cannot properly love themselves, how do you expect them to love someone from another group? You see now that we are floating in an ocean of "lovelessness." Having Biafra will be like splitting the Pacific into mini Nigers.

nwadiuko1:
if we don't love ourselves...others will continue to ridicule us

But something can keep us together. And that is a shared interest. And there will be an abundance of shared interests iof Biafra happens.

I believe that this present system of government is not favorable to the Igbos. One might argue that it is alien to the Igbo consciousness. Remember the saying "Igbo enwe eze" (The Igbos have no king). I believe that if Biafra happens, the region will quickly return to its preferred system of government, which the white man termed "Federalism." Believe me if Nigeria practiced true Federalism, I have no business asking for Biafra, because I believe the East will develop at its own pace.

Now ask yourself, what interests could you possibly share with Northern Nigeria, specifically with the extremeties of North East and North West?

As an aside, I would add that if you are looking for something that would be of shared interest to the Biafra region, you should look to Christianity. The Igbo people embraced Christianity. Never underestimate the appeal of hosting the pope. I tell you my friend, if it requires that a state have good roads and infrastructure to host the pope, all the regions of the East will fall over themselves to make that a reality.

Also, do not underestimate the power of kolanut. Breaking of kolanut is one thing a house of representatives could practice if Biafra happens. Call it archaic or whatever, but if you've been among elders enough you know that a lot of disputes, no matter how serious, are settled over a piece of kolanut.

There are many other interests we share. Think about it. You'll find its true. These are all lacking in this present marriage.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months, Fashola Boasts.( Flash Back ) / We Are Ready To Kick APC Out Of Edo State / Nigeria Exports Religion, India Exports Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.