Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,373 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum (71427 Views)

DSTV Open Week: Subscribers To View All Stations Free / All Hitv Subscribers, Pls Sign In Here! / Hitv Gives Out 100,000 Free Decoders To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Dclique(m): 11:14am On Feb 03, 2009
Probably when GTV starts functioning again
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by allboyz(m): 11:16am On Feb 03, 2009
Dclique:

Probably when GTV starts functioning again

GTV?
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Nobody: 12:55pm On Feb 03, 2009
Honestly, I don't think GTV will resuscitate.

The alternatives for Hitv now is either to get another feeds elsewhere for Sentata and Kidsco or replace those two with new channels.

Either way, i don't see it materialising soon.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by allboyz(m): 2:18pm On Feb 03, 2009
ilugunboy:

Honestly, I don't think GTV will resuscitate.

The alternatives for Hitv now is either to get another feeds elsewhere for Sentata and Kidsco or replace those two with new channels.

Either way, i don't see it materialising soon.

Huh
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Nobody: 2:31pm On Feb 03, 2009
@allboyz,

why huh for grin, or you believe contrary to what I said?.

Please calm down on your hope, many of us here have been dissapointed many times before, so when i say "soon", many old members of this thread will understand where am coming from. grin
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by maskuraid(m): 2:28pm On Feb 04, 2009
kidsco & setanta are not channels i particularly like so m not really missin them, make dem bring better, grin
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by allboyz(m): 7:04pm On Feb 04, 2009
ilugunboy:

@allboyz,

why huh for grin, or you believe contrary to what I said?.

Please calm down on your hope, many of us here have been dissapointed many times before, so when i say "soon", many old members of this thread will understand where am coming from. grin
[/quote

I would miss Sentata Africa. . .that's why im bothered embarassed lipsrsealed undecided cry
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by donaremu(m): 9:40pm On Feb 05, 2009
maskuraid:

kidsco & setanta are not channels i particularly like so m not really missin them, make dem bring better, grin

Hey Maskuraid, Setanta and Kidsco are some of my favourite channels. I don't miss the sport news for Setanta, i wish HiTV and Eutelsat resolve this issue quickly. cool
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by allboyz(m): 9:52pm On Feb 05, 2009
donaremu:

Hey Maskuraid, Setanta and Kidsco are some of my favourite channels. I don't miss the sport news for Setanta, i wish HiTV and Eutelsat resolve this issue quickly. cool

SAME HERE undecided
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by bami201(m): 8:38am On Feb 06, 2009
Hi all. My regards to everybody in the house. Like i said one time in my post early this year that, Its not the year for all in the house to be using abussive words rather we should all find a way on how HITV can improve its services to all its customer. But i will be directing this my word to the ADMINISIRATOR of this forum to please BLOCK the USERNAME AND PASSWORD of EKONIBAJE cos this guy is not from any school in Nigeria maybe he came from where there is no english standard.
I shall be very glad if everybody in this forum doesnt ans or reply to any post by EKONIBAJE cos he has no meaningful thing to contribute to this forum.

You are Welcome Back urfriend.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by ekonibaje(m): 12:26pm On Feb 06, 2009
i cannt imagine ,hw some guys on dis forum make a good judgement,saying ekonibaje username must be blocked--bami or wat--ur name just to inform u--dat dis are 4 educational purpose--can u imagine someone telling u dat u need a doctor--wat dat means--am only expressg myself only==or can u imagine calling d customer care of hitv and u just find out dat the girl speaking to me,ignore me and just laughg-when u av something at stake man--bami--read all the facts--thks
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Dclique(m): 3:13pm On Feb 06, 2009
Whats all the h8ing bout?
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by bami201(m): 5:35pm On Feb 06, 2009
@Ekonibaje; I never knew you could write so well like this? Am not here to castigate you nor tohurt you. My judgement was base on the way you always write your English and more over you are always on the activation problem for all your customer. Pls when writing again do always write good english as you have just done. Honestly all what you said are well understood. But make sure you always go through your writeup before posting.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by soloqy: 6:22pm On Feb 06, 2009
Happy New year everyone.

Ilugunboy, Maskuraid, urfriend, donaremu, dclique, everyone.

Its been hectic on my side so havent been logging in.

First of all , Ekonibaje, I used to say this and you thought i was just targeting you. If you want us to reason with you and empathise and even offer solutions, You have just got to make sense. There is something like punctuations and fullstops and commas in written english. You may not blame the ladies at customer care for laughing if the way you talk, remotely resembles the way you type. They may have not been able to keep themselves from laughing out.

Like I told you some time ago, dont be in a hurry to post. Type it, read it through then post. I suspect you post from a cafe but please dont bother about your time running out.Your aim must always be to get the message across.
I hope we can get better participation from you henceforth.

@Urfriend, please when excatly are they going to sort the kidsco and setanta issue?

@All, DSTV must be picking their teeth and smiling right now in the face of the GTV crises(and to think we were all hailing GTV). I must say that am very disappointed. Does it mean they didnt have any back up plan or even little running funds apart from the investment they got from outside?

Imagine the broken dreams, dashed expectations that all the subscribers, staff and people living in the countries where GTV is operating, must be feeling now.

DSTV will simply say, 'We told you so'.

I dare say that the stronghold DSTV had in those countries, prior to the coming of GTV, would now double cause the subscribers there would be skeptical of any new thing coming there.

On the other hand, Can't HITV,(after all nothing is impossible) or any Nigerian concerns, move in to take over GTV? wink .Come to think of it, 200 million dollars is not too much money for say, Five Nigerian billionaires to put together.

What do you guys think?
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by urfriend(m): 1:23pm On Feb 07, 2009
hi all,

kidsco and setanta africa will soon be back.HiTV is working really hard to ensure that those channels are back on anytime soon.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Goldman08: 3:05pm On Feb 07, 2009
@Urfriend
Thanks so much for your immediate information about the returning of Setanta Africa and Kidsco.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by donaremu(m): 3:40pm On Feb 07, 2009
soloqy:

Happy New year everyone.

Ilugunboy, Maskuraid, urfriend, donaremu, dclique, everyone.

Hello Sology, welcome back.

Urfriend thanks your for response.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by rocakay(m): 8:03pm On Feb 07, 2009
Hi guys, please this is very urgent. A friend of mine was trying to upgrade his decoder with the software from whinsical's site but in the process, NEPA struck. now his decoder is blank. Please advice on what to do. Please its very urgent
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by allboyz(m): 9:23pm On Feb 07, 2009
rocakay:

Hi guys, please this is very urgent. A friend of mine was trying to upgrade his decoder with the software from whinsical's site but in the process, NEPA struck. now his decoder is blank. Please advice on what to do. Please its very urgent

Get a New decorder!

where u not told not to use NEPA for that upgrade . . .Generator was advisable. . . .electricity MUST NEVER BE SEIZED IN THAT PROCESS i'm Sorry
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Dclique(m): 12:14am On Feb 08, 2009
its having a software problem,
call a hitv agent or dealer,
it will cost u 3,500.

Note:Dnt try to upgrade ur hitv decoder with a FLASH DRIVE its will damage ur decoder.
Am talking 4m experience,
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by maskuraid(m): 12:44pm On Feb 09, 2009
@soloqy

welcome back my broda, let hitv furnish their backyard here first b4 we go sweep anoda person compound. grin

@ urfriend

i hope we have not started singin d 'soon' song dis nu year.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by soloqy: 1:51pm On Feb 09, 2009
maskuraid:

@soloqy

welcome back my broda, let hitv furnish their backyard here first b4 we go sweep anoda person compound. grin

lol @maskuraid . Always on point.

First things First , abi?
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by maskuraid(m): 3:21pm On Feb 09, 2009
na d koko my guy,
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by allboyz(m): 5:05pm On Feb 09, 2009
what;s NEW here??

Wotz up with HiTv . .what are they offering us now?
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by whimsical(m): 6:17pm On Feb 09, 2009
@ rocakay

Looking for someone with a hitv decoder and do a cable update. Dat will solve your problem. Nxt time fellow the instruction.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by rocakay(m): 7:02pm On Feb 09, 2009
@ Whimsical, please how do i do the cable update. please its very urgent
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by bodiaye: 3:27pm On Feb 10, 2009
Hello Guys,
I use a HiTv branded decoder and I am not able to view subtitle on the Zee Cinema. How can I achieve this?
Please I need information on this.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Dclique(m): 5:17pm On Feb 10, 2009
Upgrade ur decoder.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Goldman08: 10:54am On Feb 11, 2009
Hello Hitv subscribers,can someone please tell me if his or her zee Cinema is always subtitle, I need an urgent reply, Thanks
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by whimsical(m): 10:15pm On Feb 11, 2009
So you want turn this our Hitv place to market abi?
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by whimsical(m): 10:39pm On Feb 11, 2009
@Rocakay

Connect both decoders with an rs232 cable and have them powered on. With the good decoder connected to the tele,

* Step 1: Press menu on your remote & click ok
* Step 2: Enter the password ---0000
* Step 3: Scroll down to transfer & click ok
* Step 4: Scroll down to Software upgrade & click ok
* Step 5: click on the blue button on your remote & click ok to upgrade.
* The decoder will show the progress reading in % and when it's 100% it will restart by itself.

You decoder should be ok after this process.

(NB: NEVER USE NEPA FOR THIS PROCESS TO AVOID ANY DAMAGE) the last time I dropped a detailed info on upgrading you still went ahead to do it with NEPA. I believe U might have learnt ur lesson but incase U haven't (Be ready to buy a new decoder)
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by whimsical(m): 10:41pm On Feb 11, 2009
Do not turn off the decoder during this process.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (58) (Reply)

I'm Not A Virgin, I Will Do Anything - RCCG Church Girl Storms BBNaija Audition / BBNaija: Meet Jackye Madu, The Virgin On Big Brother Naija 2019 / BBNaija: Frodd Strips For Esther, Exposes His unclothedness (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.