Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,802 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

I’m Not An Armed Robber, But An Informant’ - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I’m Not An Armed Robber, But An Informant’ (1150 Views)

"My Son Is An Armed Robber": Men Gets Son Arrested / My Tattoo Has Ruined My Life – Arrested Female Lagos Gang Informant Cries / How Soldiers Murdered Police Informant In Delta State (Graphic Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Not An Armed Robber, But An Informant’ by JJYOU: 10:22am On Jun 26, 2009
[size=18pt]I’m not an armed robber, but an informant’[/size]

Olalekan Olabulo, Lagos - Updated: Friday 26-06-2009

From left, Bambo Adebayo (the Informant)
with other suspects“This is ridiculous. I don’t expect the police to parade me alongside these robbery suspects. I am not an armed robber. I told the police that I supplied information to the boys that raided the estate, but I was never part of the gang. I am not an armed robber. It is wrong for the police to parade me as an armed robber”.

It was argument galore recently at Ogun State Police Command, Eleweran, Abeokuta, when the police paraded Bambo Adebayo, 30, an indegene of Ayesan Area of Ijebu-Ode, Ogun State, as a member of an armed robbery gang

Crime and Security learnt from the police sources that Bambo Adebayo had some weeks back given some vital information to a three-man gang that eventually stormed Ayesan community and robbed residents of the area. Bambo has since been arrested by the police in Ogun State after a member of the gang was arrested.

The suspect was paraded by the Ogun State police commissioner, Ashmiu Argungu , who advised criminals in the state to retrace their steps or face the full wrath of the law.

The police boss stated that the police in the state would from time to time restrategise , as a way of ensuring that the lives and property of the residents of the state were well protected.

The suspect, while speaking with Crime and Security, stated that he had some weeks ago given some pieces of information to the trio of Yekini Obabi, Lanre Ogunusi and Idowu , all of whom he claimed were his colleagues in land speculation business.

He claimed to have met Yekini and others at a site where he had gone to speculate for land owners. Bambo further informed Crime and Security that it all started some weeks back,when conflict for the ownership of a piece of land, where himself and the three armed robbery gang members were served as thugs, was settled. After this, he said there was nothing again to do and each member of the gang that worked on the land had to look for something to eat”

Accrding to him, Bambo and the other two members had contacted him to help them get information on whom they could rob, since they were also into robbery. The suspect confessed to have given them information on a household, directly behind his resident at 30, Ayesan Street near Lagos Motor Park in Ijebu Ode .

With the information, the three-man armed gang reportedly invaded the said house and held the occupants to ransom , before they eventually left with money and other valuables

On the kind of information that he gave to the armed robbers, Bambo stated that he merely told his gang members that the occupants of the building were auto dealers.

He claimed that he did not know much about the victims of the robbery except that, they were his neighbours and also that they were auto dealers. He said that attempts by the gang members to know whether or not the victims used to bring money home were futile , as he did not know .

A police source, who pleaded anonymity, while speaking with Crime and Security, however, claimed that the suspect was the insider that provided the logistics with which the gang operated successfully at the scene of the incident.

The police source stated that Bambo carefully ensured that he studied the building and provided the necessary information to the gang. The police source also informed Crime and Security that preliminary investigations revealed that the armed robbers had promised to give the suspect part of the proceeds from the robbery operation.

Crime and Security was also informed that the suspect did not go with the armed robbers for that particular operation because of the fear of being identified by his neighbours.

The suspect, while explaining the circumstances behind the arms and ammunition found in his possession, admitted to have touched the arms before his arrest.

According to him, a certain Lanre, who is also a land speculator had short-changed him over the sum of N10,000, being the money paid to them for their efforts at the site of the land , where they served as thugs.

He claimed that Lanre had collected N30,000 for him from their master , who took them to site. He further claimed that Lanre only gave him N20,000 instead of N30,000 which was paid by their master.

According to him, Lanre was on his way to his post, where he served as a night guard, when he accosted him and demanded for his balance. He claimed that he had only wanted to seize the gun from Lanre just to ensure that he was given his balance

He also confessed to Crime and Security that, he would have kept the gun and be using it for land speculation business. The suspect, while speaking on his family background with the Crime and Security, stated that his parents were in Ijebu Ode and that he was the second child in a family of 12.

He further informed Crime and Security that he had, since the completion of his primary school some years back, been working as a timber loader . He told Crime and Security that he had to abandone his timber loading business for land speculation because of the prospect of making more money from land speculation.

Bambo, meanwhile claimed that he had not really made enough money from the land speculation business and that he regretted leaving a legitimate business for land speculation , which made him to mingle with armed robbers, that threw him into his present predicament.

The suspect, however, claimed that he had never expected to be paraded by the police since he only gave information to the armed robbers and did not follow them to rob. http://www.tribune.com.ng/26062009/tue/crime1.html

Re: I’m Not An Armed Robber, But An Informant’ by Recognise: 9:50pm On Jun 26, 2009
Bambo Adebayo:

“This is ridiculous. I don’t expect the police to parade me alongside these robbery suspects. I am not an armed robber.

I told the police that I supplied information to the boys that raided the estate, but I was never part of the gang. I am not an armed robber.

It is wrong for the police to parade me as an armed robber”.

[center]From left, Bambo Adebayo (the Informant) with other suspects
[img width=355 height=600]http:///nuxm74[/img][/center]

@^

See hin kokonkori head

No remorse at all . . .

The only wrong he sees is with parading him with his robbers-accomplices [img width=22 height=20]http:///d3tnru[/img]
Re: I’m Not An Armed Robber, But An Informant’ by JJYOU: 11:15am On Jun 29, 2009
Recognise:

[center]From left, Bambo Adebayo (the Informant) with other suspects
[img width=355 height=600]http:///nuxm74[/img][/center]

@^

See hin kokonkori head

No remorse at all . . .

The only wrong he sees is with parading him with his robbers-accomplices [img width=22 height=20]http:///d3tnru[/img]

you are right no remorse but trust NL do gooders to come tell you na no work cause am as if they are the only unemployed
Re: I’m Not An Armed Robber, But An Informant’ by biola44: 11:17am On Jun 29, 2009
lol

(1) (Reply)

Did Acid Attack Girl, 20, Throw Burning Liquid On HERSELF? / Domestic Violence: How Ex- IndecentStar Was Brutally Beaten By Boyfriend / Gang Leader Shoots Three Dead At Lagos Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.