Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

My Tattoo Has Ruined My Life – Arrested Female Lagos Gang Informant Cries - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Tattoo Has Ruined My Life – Arrested Female Lagos Gang Informant Cries (57936 Views)

Edo Yahoo Boys Pay Ritualists To Help Them Kill Police Informant - Facebook User / We Targeted Politicians Who Stole Money – Hajia, Robbers’ Informant / My Tattoo Has Ruined My Life, A Female Who Was Arrested In Lagos Gang Informant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Tattoo Has Ruined My Life – Arrested Female Lagos Gang Informant Cries by doyinkin: 2:28am On Mar 05, 2016
Fair-skinned Mariam Adesola, a 20-year-old hairdressing apprentice in Agege area of Lagos, sobbed as she sat on the ground on the premises of the Lagos State Police Command Headquarters, Ikeja.

If one is to take her word for it, she was merely a victim of her love for tattoos, or perhaps her willingness to readily obey her husband when he instructed her to get a specific tattoo.

Adesola was on a line-up of three other men, all from Agege area of Lagos. Three of them have a unique teardrop tattoo beside their left eyes.

That specific tattoo is the identity of members of the Awawa gang operating in Agege area of Lagos, the police have said.

The police revealed that a few suspects and members of the gang, who had been arrested in the past, confessed that the teardrop tattoo is the mark by which they identify their members.

The members of Awawa (loosely translated as ‘we are alive’) have gathered reputation in the last two years as a ruthless band of robbers, who unleash mayhem, loot shops and attack residents at gunpoint in Agege area of Lagos.

The ages of the members range from 17 to 23.

Unfortunately for Adesola, an arrested member, had fingered her as an informant for the gang.

Saturday PUNCH learnt that before the police went after her, she herself walked into the Isokoko Police Division, Agege, to see her husband who was also in custody. She was oblivious that her identity had already been made known to the police.

Her husband is also said to be a member of the gang.

The police told journalists that the information they got from other captured members of the gang was that she was the one sent around the neighbourhood to identify potential targets of their robbery operations.

“I don’t know what the police are talking about. I am just a hairdresser. My husband told me to get the tattoo because he has it too. I liked the tattoo and I decided to get it on my face. Now it has destroyed my life.

She said, “The day I was arrested, I had only gone to see him in police custody. Then they arrested me. The police said they had been looking for me. I am in trouble.”

But one of the men paraded with her quickly pointed out that she was lying.

Nineteen-year-old Saheed Oyedeji, another suspected member of the gang, who was arrested during an investigation of the gang, also has the same tattoo. But he explained that he knew nothing about the Awawa gang.

As he was speaking, a victim, who was present during the parade of the suspects by the police, quickly pointed out to journalists that she recognised Oyedeji as the one who slapped her sister hard in the face when the Awawa gang attacked their house recently.

“I am just a barber. I have nothing to do with the Awawa Boys. I got the tattoo not long ago and it is nothing more than ‘fashion’ for me,” he said.

The Awawa gang has become so dreaded that a Facebook group, Anti-Awawa Boys in Agege, has been opened as a discussion forum for residents of the community on the gang’s activities.

The Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Fatai Owoseni, said a recent robbery carried out by the gang culminated in the arrest of the suspects.

He explained that the information on the tattoo used as identification mark by the gang would help in tracking down other members of the gang.

http://www.punchng.com/my-tattoo-has-ruined-my-life-suspected-lagos-gang-informant/

3 Shares

Re: My Tattoo Has Ruined My Life – Arrested Female Lagos Gang Informant Cries by ladyF(f): 2:29am On Mar 05, 2016
la click, la virus grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Tattoo Has Ruined My Life – Arrested Female Lagos Gang Informant Cries by amtaken(f): 3:02am On Mar 05, 2016
La click la chop pomo.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Tattoo Has Ruined My Life – Arrested Female Lagos Gang Informant Cries by justi4jesu(f): 4:02am On Mar 05, 2016
Continue where? cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Tattoo Has Ruined My Life – Arrested Female Lagos Gang Informant Cries by YOUNGELDER1(m): 4:25am On Mar 05, 2016
la click la burn cheesy

12 Likes

Re: My Tattoo Has Ruined My Life – Arrested Female Lagos Gang Informant Cries by Nobody: 6:09am On Mar 05, 2016
La click La Chelsea lose

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Tattoo Has Ruined My Life – Arrested Female Lagos Gang Informant Cries by Mjshexy(f): 6:15am On Mar 05, 2016
La click la prison la final destination cheesy

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Tattoo Has Ruined My Life – Arrested Female Lagos Gang Informant Cries by DOUBLEWAHALA: 6:58am On Mar 05, 2016
La click la easy cliq

50 Likes

Re: My Tattoo Has Ruined My Life – Arrested Female Lagos Gang Informant Cries by seankay(m): 8:42am On Mar 05, 2016
La click La Lassa Fever

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Tattoo Has Ruined My Life – Arrested Female Lagos Gang Informant Cries by timilehing(m): 10:11am On Mar 05, 2016
La click la what's wrong with people above

72 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Tattoo Has Ruined My Life – Arrested Female Lagos Gang Informant Cries by jimi4us: 10:12am On Mar 05, 2016
La click la Chelsea must lose come rain come sun shine.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Tattoo Has Ruined My Life – Arrested Female Lagos Gang Informant Cries by babyfaceafrica: 10:13am On Mar 05, 2016
Tatoo is bad..be warned!!!

1 Like

Re: My Tattoo Has Ruined My Life – Arrested Female Lagos Gang Informant Cries by BedLam: 10:14am On Mar 05, 2016
Wicked posters above me .LMAO grin

9 Likes

Re: My Tattoo Has Ruined My Life – Arrested Female Lagos Gang Informant Cries by bewla(m): 10:14am On Mar 05, 2016
customers
Re: My Tattoo Has Ruined My Life – Arrested Female Lagos Gang Informant Cries by kullozone(m): 10:14am On Mar 05, 2016
Hmm
Re: My Tattoo Has Ruined My Life – Arrested Female Lagos Gang Informant Cries by princdebola201(m): 10:14am On Mar 05, 2016
La click La reject La amaka pussy today

24 Likes

Re: My Tattoo Has Ruined My Life – Arrested Female Lagos Gang Informant Cries by Firefire(m): 10:14am On Mar 05, 2016
Pele ti eeee undecided

1 Like

Re: My Tattoo Has Ruined My Life – Arrested Female Lagos Gang Informant Cries by Chinaimporter: 10:15am On Mar 05, 2016
Lol
Re: My Tattoo Has Ruined My Life – Arrested Female Lagos Gang Informant Cries by looseweight: 10:15am On Mar 05, 2016
Lesson for all to learn
Re: My Tattoo Has Ruined My Life – Arrested Female Lagos Gang Informant Cries by emperorchedda(m): 10:16am On Mar 05, 2016
So The Game that also has a tear drop tattoo will also be arrested once he steps foot inside that police station??

Wack Nigerian police that only intimidate ignorant citizens

18 Likes

Re: My Tattoo Has Ruined My Life – Arrested Female Lagos Gang Informant Cries by wiringdpt(m): 10:17am On Mar 05, 2016
This awawa boys, pray you don't meet them. Waste of Southwest.

3 Likes

Re: My Tattoo Has Ruined My Life – Arrested Female Lagos Gang Informant Cries by saintkel(m): 10:17am On Mar 05, 2016
jimi4us:
La click la Chelsea must lose come rain come sun shine.
U must be day dreaming, Chelsea is not man united or Arsenal neither are we man city

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Tattoo Has Ruined My Life – Arrested Female Lagos Gang Informant Cries by White007(m): 10:17am On Mar 05, 2016
undecided

A worrying trend indeed!
Re: My Tattoo Has Ruined My Life – Arrested Female Lagos Gang Informant Cries by maberry(m): 10:18am On Mar 05, 2016
from tatooed tear drop to real tear drops

11 Likes

Re: My Tattoo Has Ruined My Life – Arrested Female Lagos Gang Informant Cries by ivili(m): 10:18am On Mar 05, 2016
Why is everyone going "La click",am I missing something here? undecided

5 Likes

Re: My Tattoo Has Ruined My Life – Arrested Female Lagos Gang Informant Cries by jordyspices: 10:18am On Mar 05, 2016
Police shuld do a good investigation nd dats all not all these pokus hokus play dey are. Doin most off the ppl police parade as criminal are innocent

1 Like

Re: My Tattoo Has Ruined My Life – Arrested Female Lagos Gang Informant Cries by olatade(m): 10:18am On Mar 05, 2016
shebi na u Wan form gangster...now face the consequences jare undecided

1 Like

Re: My Tattoo Has Ruined My Life – Arrested Female Lagos Gang Informant Cries by Fiwasayo(f): 10:19am On Mar 05, 2016
Good for you cheesy
Re: My Tattoo Has Ruined My Life – Arrested Female Lagos Gang Informant Cries by veekbreezy(m): 10:19am On Mar 05, 2016
undecidedLa click... La cliq.... La tattoo.. La kirikiri

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Tattoo Has Ruined My Life – Arrested Female Lagos Gang Informant Cries by maberry(m): 10:19am On Mar 05, 2016
From tatooed tear drop to real tear drops grin

12 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fathia Ifeoluwa Ojewoye Raped And Murdered In Ogun After Missing / Pictures Of Nigerians Doing Silly Things For Money / SARS Officer Who Killed Ram Seller, Paraded - Made To Sit On The Ground. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.