Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,228 members, 7,822,184 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Boy Raped Severally In Kirikiri Prison (picture) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Boy Raped Severally In Kirikiri Prison (picture) (54871 Views)

Woman Arrested While Smuggling Marijuana Into Abuja Prison - Picture / Nigerian Boy Raped In School By Indian School Teacher (video) / Man Kidnaps A Magistrate In Imo, Rapes Her Severally In The Bush (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boy Raped Severally In Kirikiri Prison (picture) by Islie: 9:21am On Jan 25, 2016
A teenager has revealed how he was raped several times while in Kirikiri Prison. The teenager, Bashua (surname withheld), said that the incident happened in 2014, when he was just 16-year-old. He said that the policemen doctored his age, to ensure they arraigned and sent him to prison.

Bashua had recently regained his freedom, through the intervention of the Stephen and Solomon Foundation, a Non-Governmental Organisation (WHO). The foundation is led by Mr. Giwa Amu, a Lagos-based human rights lawyer.

Bashua, a secondary school student, said he was returning home from a coaching class when he was arrested by a team of policemen. According to him, he was later charged to court for an offence he did not commit. He said: “I was remanded at the Kirikiri Prison and experienced being locked with over 100 inmates who were older than me. I was molested sexually. I was raped several times in a day.

They would tell me not to cry. I was in remand for one month and those days were hell for me. “I was going home from Epe, after coaching class, when a team of policemen on patrol arrested me at Obalende and took me to Bar Beach Police Station, Victoria Island.

The police kept me in a cell with other boys and suspects for one week. I was arrested on November 20, 2014. The policemen told me and the other boys that we belonged to a gang that attacked a team of policemen. “I denied the allegation.

I told the policemen that I’m a secondary school student. I was just 16-yearold, but they did not listen to me. They beat us mercilessly and said we should shot up. I was in police custody for one week with other boys. Our parents were not aware we were in police custody.

The police arraigned us at Igbosere Magistrates’ Court, Obalende. They doctored my age from 16 to 19 years. The magistrate ordered we should be remanded in prison.” Amu said the case of the 16-yearold boy was most touching. He said: “His age was doctored to be 19. We started rehabilitating him since he was released because he told us that he was kept in the open cell where there is high activity of homosexuality.

He said he was raped several times a day.

He is undergoing treatment and we have placed him on scholarship so he can continue his education.” Amu added that boys were arraigned in court with no counsel representing them.

He said: “As part of our prison ministry, we visit the courts regularly to help indigent accused with free legal services. We happened to be in court the day they were to be arraigned. It was a dock brief and we found out that they did not have any lawyer.”

Bashua was not the only youngster arrested and charged to court for allegedly attacking policemen. Others were Oladepopo (21), Samson (21), Yinka (19) and Andrew (20). The boys would have continued to languish in prison but for the quick intervention of lawyers.

http://newtelegraphonline.com/raped-several-times-prison-says-teenage-boy/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boy Raped Severally In Kirikiri Prison (picture) by boboLIL(m): 9:24am On Jan 25, 2016
My nigga nyash naw na bore hole... God save us from police oh...

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Boy Raped Severally In Kirikiri Prison (picture) by HerexG(m): 9:28am On Jan 25, 2016
You will never know the true value of freedom until you visit Naija prison ....

110 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Boy Raped Severally In Kirikiri Prison (picture) by Khd95(m): 9:36am On Jan 25, 2016
Npf will randomly arrest innocent citizens nd coerce them to confess to crimes they didint commit??

GEJ sevgrin

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Boy Raped Severally In Kirikiri Prison (picture) by iPopAlomo(m): 9:49am On Jan 25, 2016
The Nigerian Police no be here... how do one avoid these people...?!

by dying...?!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boy Raped Severally In Kirikiri Prison (picture) by BTT(m): 10:02am On Jan 25, 2016
Don't make jail

Make school

Make money

Make name

Make love

Make food

Whatever you make, make, but don't make gaol.

7 Likes

Re: Boy Raped Severally In Kirikiri Prison (picture) by tunwumi: 10:02am On Jan 25, 2016
14 years on my mind
Re: Boy Raped Severally In Kirikiri Prison (picture) by discusant: 10:02am On Jan 25, 2016
boboLIL:
My nigga nyash naw na bore hole... God save us from police oh...

Poor you, that is what you had to say regarding the evil things done against this boy.
Anyway, Nigeria's leaders have conditioned you to hard life in Nigeria.

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Boy Raped Severally In Kirikiri Prison (picture) by pretydiva(f): 10:03am On Jan 25, 2016
Nigeria police force is so dull,wicked b heartless

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Boy Raped Severally In Kirikiri Prison (picture) by Nathdoug(m): 10:03am On Jan 25, 2016
Buhari shud do somefin ab nigerian police oo...nor be only pdp e go dey fight up nd down oo

7 Likes

Re: Boy Raped Severally In Kirikiri Prison (picture) by lxyrul: 10:03am On Jan 25, 2016
If he's free now he should sue the entire police district which he was remanded.

We want to be saved from them, then we better start acting.

I have had an experience too, but not as ugly as this. Not even near, I pressed charges directly to the DPO and now in that very station, I am feared

22 Likes

Re: Boy Raped Severally In Kirikiri Prison (picture) by Nobody: 10:03am On Jan 25, 2016
If na me I go bomb that station. Boko haram part 2

3 Likes

Re: Boy Raped Severally In Kirikiri Prison (picture) by Udmaster(m): 10:04am On Jan 25, 2016
Re: Boy Raped Severally In Kirikiri Prison (picture) by kulobyno: 10:04am On Jan 25, 2016
Heartless clowns called policemen in this country

6 Likes

Re: Boy Raped Severally In Kirikiri Prison (picture) by HIbreed(m): 10:04am On Jan 25, 2016
thats Nigeria for you.

Meanwhile.

2 Likes

Re: Boy Raped Severally In Kirikiri Prison (picture) by handie(m): 10:05am On Jan 25, 2016
Ah! If a 16 year old boy could be severely raped, I can just imagine the sort of raping they would've given to Pa Bode George.
Re: Boy Raped Severally In Kirikiri Prison (picture) by Nobody: 10:05am On Jan 25, 2016
The police is your friend - Korede Bello grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Boy Raped Severally In Kirikiri Prison (picture) by Thollulope(m): 10:06am On Jan 25, 2016
This is serious
Re: Boy Raped Severally In Kirikiri Prison (picture) by boboLIL(m): 10:07am On Jan 25, 2016
discusant:

Poor you, that is what you had to say regarding the evil things done against this boy.
Anyway, Nigeria's leaders have conditioned you to hard life in Nigeria.
rich u,,, police was the cause of the boy being raped in prison... Homosexuality is greatly practiced in prisons... Prisoners are over-looked.. Nobody cares for what they are doing in there..or do u want to punish prisoners? Wah kinda punishment do u av in mind? Excuse me pls,,,,,.So fear police rich boy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boy Raped Severally In Kirikiri Prison (picture) by Ogbodavies(m): 10:07am On Jan 25, 2016
in this modern age... such occurrence only happen in 'fifth world' countries... the 'third world' countries have gone past THISSS TINZ

1 Like

Re: Boy Raped Severally In Kirikiri Prison (picture) by cana882(m): 10:07am On Jan 25, 2016
Anal-ysing the anaLtomical structure of his a$$

Sorry boy

3 Likes

Re: Boy Raped Severally In Kirikiri Prison (picture) by Slikbae: 10:08am On Jan 25, 2016
shocked

1 Like

Re: Boy Raped Severally In Kirikiri Prison (picture) by eshietIntrepid(m): 10:08am On Jan 25, 2016
Why put a teen among criminals that's hardless

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boy Raped Severally In Kirikiri Prison (picture) by okiezman(m): 10:08am On Jan 25, 2016
God punish naija policemen. I can never pity for them if they die even the ones killed by fulani herdsmen or boko haram

#nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Boy Raped Severally In Kirikiri Prison (picture) by absoluteSuccess: 10:08am On Jan 25, 2016
holy saviour,
thanks for your saving grace.

2 Likes

Re: Boy Raped Severally In Kirikiri Prison (picture) by Nobody: 10:08am On Jan 25, 2016
r
Re: Boy Raped Severally In Kirikiri Prison (picture) by saintmark88(m): 10:08am On Jan 25, 2016
No one is crying...rule of law here o for an innocent boy buh wen its d case of a billionaire thief, they start shouting rule of law...

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boy Raped Severally In Kirikiri Prison (picture) by kolnel: 10:09am On Jan 25, 2016
My heart goes out Kanu nnamdi
May god protect him and his anus
Amen

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boy Raped Severally In Kirikiri Prison (picture) by dammytosh: 10:10am On Jan 25, 2016
I have always questioned police arresting criminals way after the crime was committed.

Today u hear police running away when robberybis happening.

The next second u hear that the gang was arrested.

These are majority of the people arrested to cover up for their inefficiencies

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boy Raped Severally In Kirikiri Prison (picture) by Judolisco(m): 10:10am On Jan 25, 2016
d spokesman should cover his yanshh wif jesus blood

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Female Staff Of Sweet Sensation Jailed For 266 Years For Stealing Employer’s N8m / Man Beheaded In Nanka, Anambra State (graphic Photo) / Lagos OPC Members Kill Man For Breaking Into Hotel Room During Lovers' Sex Romp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.