Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

How To Travel Around Ghana - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Travel Around Ghana (826 Views)

Must-see Historical Buildings When You Travel Around Nigeria / How To Greet People When You Travel Around The World (pics) / 5 Sure Ways To Travel Around Lagos For Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Travel Around Ghana by Akintoey: 9:45am On Jan 25, 2016
Ghana is a country known for its enchanting landscapes, exotic cultures, stunning beaches and rich history.
My vacation experience in Ghana still gives me goose bumps; this compels me to return again and always. However, traveling around Ghana can be a stressful and difficult experience for first time travelers. When embarking on such adventures travelers often ask “How am I going to get around?” and “How will I find Accommodation in Ghana ?”
Air Travel
The Kotoka International Airport, Accra serves international flights in and out of the country. The local flight enables visitors to experience the whole of Ghana in 24hrs. It’s also a pretty pricey option and will leave a dent on your savings. However, if Ghana is in your bucket list, its local airports include Takoradi Airport, Tamale Airport and Sunyani Airport.

Public Buses
Traveling on Public buses is for long intercity journeys. These traveling buses are generally comfortable and safe. When traveling within Cities the main source of transportation is the mini buses termed “trotro”. Trotro mini buses are a very cheap way to get around; however, they don’t leave bus station until they are full.
Traveling by bus allows you to engage with other passengers and understand the local’s everyday life. Most bus trips are filled with laughter and conversation with Ghanaians, who go out of their way to make sure that visitors are comfortable.
Car Hire
Hiring a car is expensive, so make sure you have decided on the game parks you want to visit, so you can plan and reduce fuel expenses. While public transport is cheap and fun, it’s less safe and comfortable. Hiring a car an expensive choice, it however ensures you have freedom and experience the country at your own pace. Cost of fuel, fuel station location and getting lost are added variables of the car hire option.
On my Ghana vacation, I hired a car for all intercity trips, which made for a relaxed, flexible, and private experience.
Always remember to carefully consider your budget and safety interests before making a choice.
City Taxis
City taxis are the best choice of transportation within towns and cities in Ghana. There are almost 6,000 Taxis in the capital Accra and finding quite easy. However, in the country’s remote regions getting a taxi might be a Herculean task.
Top hotels offer concierge taxi calls and may offer you a tip or two when trying to get around
Taxi drivers in Ghana are reputed to be Knowledgeable and friendly, they're dedicated to helping you Ghana. The driver understands the thrill of touring and accommodates most travelers’ interests, enquires, Photo stops or hotel recommendations.
Hotels in Ghana
Finding the best hotels with spacious rooms and modern hotel facilities in Ghana is a necessity than Luxury. It ensures you sleep well and not spend hours in traffic or have to wake up hours earlier to reach your tour destination. For budget travelers, there are cheap hotels near Accra Airport such as African Regent Hotel, City Escape Hotels and Airside Hotel. Find hotels with airport pickup, free Wi-Fi, flight booking and concierge services
Get a hotel recommendation from your taxi driver or better yet, visit jovago.com on your mobile device to choose based on reviews, hotel popularity or cost.

1 Like

Re: How To Travel Around Ghana by katiameza: 8:52am On Dec 11, 2016
Travelling is fascinating when you hire VIP Concierge Service for all the facilities and provide you car rentals service,travel destinations and all. VIP Services is designed for a single purpose: saving your time and money during tavelling. VIP Services with the comfort, care, and attention of Travel Guard's personal assistance coordinators available 24/7 to respond to virtually any request -- large or small.

(1) (Reply)

Import Kolanut, Get Death Sentence – Saudi Govt Warns Pilgrims / Acquisition Of Nigerian Passports – One Of Nigerians’ Worst Nightmares / 20 Terrifying Facts About Flying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.