Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,903 members, 7,817,676 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

Refusal Of UK Study Visa - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Refusal Of UK Study Visa (10940 Views)

Poll: Do you think the UK high commission in Nigeria is fair enough regarding to issuing of study visas

yes: 36% (20 votes)
no: 63% (35 votes)
This poll has ended

REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy / Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) / Tackling These Uk Study Visa Questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by daygi(m): 5:20pm On Oct 17, 2007
Mr pataki,leave these people jare! Most of them feel that fat statement of account is enough to take them there.
Guys show them the stuff u are made of in ur student questionaire.
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by eryck(m): 10:40am On Oct 24, 2007
EVEN IF YOU ANSWER THE STUDENT QUESTIONAIRE VERY WELL, YOU CAN STILL BE DENIED THAT IS NOT A YARDSTICK FOR ISSUING VISA THOUGH, Imagine sum1 denied because he paid all the fees & accomodation. He was told that " He is too Ambitious"
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by choco4life(m): 10:59pm On Oct 26, 2007
mrpataki:

Please which school keeps your fees deposit? undecided Most schools in the UK operate under the policy of paying your deposit before an unconditional offer of admission is issued to you. In the event that you secure your visa, the fees deposited becomes non-refundable. However, if you are not able to secure your visa, your deposit fees is given back to you.

Please prove me wrong, if my statement is false!

Talking from experience, they sure would return the moneh, West London College held my €4750 for 10 months and also deducted €100 for admission withdrawal, ve they gained or lost, imagine if i had this money in a fixed deposit account in naija for that period of time, i know how much it must had fetched me,
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by tj4ever(m): 11:25pm On Oct 26, 2007
Guys! guys! With the vast quantities of fake dics these guys see daily, I would expect them to be very suspicious of every Nigerian application. I think what they do is reject any applic that seems suspicious. They would expect every one with valid intentions who is refused to appeal. That is one of the reasons applications should be sent early enough.
My cuz was refused a visa but got it anyway on appeal. All his docs were genuine and he could prove this. Yes they give crazy reasons for refusal believing there will be appeals from genuine students.
If your valid application was refused, pls appeal. It works
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by choco4life(m): 1:54pm On Oct 27, 2007
@ tj4ever

I dont seem to agree with you, this guys gives the visas with the mood they are in,
A pastor applied for a visit visa to the UK for 6 times befor he was finally granted one,
On his very first application he decked in a suit wtih a tie to match and shoes glittering after being overpolished, result, denied.
With the 2,3,4,5, he started being as informal as possible
So it went on and one, He was yet invited to the UK by another he agreed to apply for the visa after much pressure from his fellow pastor inviting.
Wait for this, he went to the UK high commmission in 3/4 shorts and a fez cap, on arrival he saw a man decked in a suit as he did in his first application, they talked, his turn to go in,

briton: what are you going to do in the UK!

Pastor:i want to go and see

briton: see?

pastor: yes i want to go and see

briton: see what

pastor: see what the UK looks like

It took the briton 5 mins just reminiscing, see, see, see

Whoop gave the guy the visa,
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by lindabon: 9:35am On Sep 11, 2009
It even gets worse when i see d way guys have turned into prostitutes just to land someone that will lead them 2getting a permanent residence/E.u passport/green card and the rest. This situation keeps on showing how naive we Nigerians are. Imagine that even a country like Poland makes it 100 times difficult for Nigerians to obtain their residence even when they are students with all d rights to do so. But do I blame them? A friend of mine got his residence permit and immediately embarked on a journey never to return to Poland. Now with this kind of record on Nigerians, what can be expected than a more stiff and obstinate policies to keep us away 4rm their country both home and abroad.  undecided .As for white people, I've always learnt to look behind the smiles on their faces and accept the fact that they are always slowly and quietly despising us. They treat us like rags. But then, can we complain; it is their own soil for heaven sakes! And even if they choose to be lenient on us, we Nigerians always end up abusing this trust. The ordinary sight of a green passport sets out a danger signal. We have made our country what it is today. For all those who think that we are respected anywhere in the world, this is far from the truth. We don’t have anything to boost of. Social amenities zero. A country that cannot even address the problem of electricity in this 21century is worth any disrespect given to them. Our Leaders keep on abusing us and showing how senseless slash stupid we are, by constantly using our money to send their children and relations abroad where they get acclaimed by these whites because they have the money to spend in their country. The embassies keep using our ignorance as an avenue to make money. They refuse us visa's 100times and we apply a 150times, and at each point, they gather enough money for their pockets and purses.  White people come to Nigeria and live like masters, while we (majority) go to their own countries and live like slaves. Until Nigerians conclude within themselves what they want to do/ were they want us to go from here, we will constantly continue to face this humiliation. Some Nigerians wouldn’t have travelled if they had a university to attend here in Nigeria. So many Nigerians wouldn’t have travelled if they had electricity at anytime of the day. So many Nigerians wouldn’t have travelled if they had not lost their loved ones to Nigerians mismanaged security. A lot of Nigerians wouldn’t have travelled if the mere appearance of pot holes on almost every Nigerian express road hasn’t endangered one life or two. A lot of people love their country and still keep believing in the slightest chance that things will get better, but they are continuously disappointed every single day. What more can I say. If South Africa is too far from us, let us emulate our Ghanaian neighbours. At least, they know the definition of development.
One Love
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by bodrin(m): 2:20pm On Aug 06, 2010
me i don apply 4 tyms now since 2003 till date. look they are more interested in our dough. people wey get visa once no no wetin dey.
Re: Refusal Of UK Study Visa by candylips(m): 4:57pm On Aug 06, 2010
^^ continue applying na. u go get lucky very soon cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Employed But Relocating To Canada, Candid Advice Needed! / Life In Canada / Why Do Foreign Embassies Reject Our Nigerian Traditional Weddings?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.