Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,466 members, 7,826,771 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

Reasons Fabregas' Booing Shows Arsenal Fans Are Hypocritical. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Reasons Fabregas' Booing Shows Arsenal Fans Are Hypocritical. (464 Views)

That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria / Wenger's Resignation: Mourinho, Henry, Fabregas And Others React / Why I Hate Ex Chelsea Captain, John Terry So Much - Cesc Fabregas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Reasons Fabregas' Booing Shows Arsenal Fans Are Hypocritical. by luciomoggi(m): 2:02am On Jan 26, 2016
"Whatever it is, it is. The love I have for Arsenal will never change whatever happens and what is important is that what I have with me are the memories", Cesc Fabregas said ahead of Chelsea's Community Shield game against Arsenal in 2015. It did not end there as he continued " When I decided that my time at Barcelona had ended, I looked for the best option for me. Arsenal was the first option for me, for contractual reasons. There was a clause that gave them the right to decide . We spoke to Wenger and he said the space was very well filled by Mesut Ozil and it was hard to find a place for the both of us". It was shocking to see Cesc Fabregas being booed and cursed at every given opportunity by the fans of North London side Arsenal, simply because he signed for arch rivals Chelsea. These are the same fans who do not remember him for his services of more than eight years, of which he captained the side for three years at the tender age of 20. It is not as though he was a direct signing from Arsenal as was the case with Ashley Cole, rather he came to Chelsea after his stock went down amid heavy and harsh criticism from Barcelona after his sale.

Football should not be taken as a do or die affair and should be played like a game by both fans and clubs . Why could a normal thinking human being boo a player who pleaded to be allowed to rejoin a side where he spent his formative years and yet he was blatantly turned down by the powers to be. It is funny how the same Arsenal fans sing the praises of Sol Campbell to high heavens when he joined the Gunners in worse circumstances from fierce North London rivals Tottenham. Campbell was even the captain of the Spurs team and once vowed he would rather retire than make the journey across to Highbury, yet he left before six months . What then is the standard of measurement for loyalty? Or should Fabregas have retired , simply because the Gunners felt not signing him would ruin his career forever ? How come Campbell is a Saint and Fabregas a Villian? It is really mind blowing to see these fans continue to deceive themselves.

William Gallas and even the greatest goalkeeper in the history of Chelsea and one of the greatest in the English League (Petr Cech) all joined the Gunners at some point in their careers yet, no Chelsea fan have made any negative comment about the duo. Cech's case is worse as he joined directly from Chelsea after lifting more than 10 trophies and spending 11 years in the club.

In contrast, while the exit of Ashley Cole was forced by Cole, that of Cech was an appreciation for all his services to the West London Club. Wenger and the Arsenal Board would never be so generous to let a Legend join the opposition without pulling the plug.

Fabregas has since won two titles which he may have won in Arsenal. The reaction of the Gunners to their ex-captain can simply termed the "Reaction of an ex-lover who would never move on, even after the relationship hit rock bottom".

Arsenal have lots of creative midfielders whose stat have more than doubled that of Fabregas this season( Ozil, Ramsey, Cazorla) and must move on from this debacle . In as Fabregas is expected to be loyal, he is still a professional and has his own dreams to fulfil.

Arsenal fans must grow up and move on, concentrating on winning their first league title in the summer for a long while should be top on their priority list . Enough of the Fabregas booing.

http://mailtelegraph..com.ng/2016/01/reasons-fabregas-booing-shows-gunners.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Pato Finalises Chelsea Loan. / Asisat Oshoala :liverpool Ladies Accept Bid From Arsenal / Full F A Cup Fifth-round Draw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.