Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,537 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:59 AM

That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria (52472 Views)

Cameroon Players In Tears During England Clash After VAR Controversy / Super Eagles: Onazi Under Fire Over Performance During England Friendly / Parents Of Dele Alli Beg Him To Accept Them Back Into His Life (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by Ndonu101: 8:02pm On Jun 02, 2018
Today Nigerian fans in Wembley booed Dele Alli whenever he touched the ball. I commend the fans for turning up in their numbers to cheer the super eagles but I also condemn them for the treatment of Dele Alli.

Here is my reason

What was on display or fueling the reactions by Nigerians is a very faulty culture we practice in Nigeria. A culture rooted in tribalism. You know that culture that says Chukwuma born in Lagos to Igbo parents is not from Lagos, or Adekunle born in Onitsha to Yoruba parents is not an Anambra indigene or Shehu born in Port Harcourt to Hausa parents is not a River State boy!

Geuss what? The world has moved on from the backward tribalism and mentality that goes on in Nigeria.

Dele Alli was born in England and he feels English. Anybody going to London to boo a footballer born in England who has chosen to represent the country of his birth just because his name is Bamidele Alli and his father is Nigerian? Guess what, you are displaying your backwardness to the world!

219 Likes 20 Shares

Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by MDsambo: 8:13pm On Jun 02, 2018
Who ask this one?

468 Likes 21 Shares

Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by Ndonu101: 8:15pm On Jun 02, 2018
What if Iwobi and Moses face racist chants for using the England age grade teams to launch their careers and then switch?

We must condemn this behaviour people ?

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by Israeljones(m): 8:22pm On Jun 02, 2018
shut up! mumu op wetin you sabi....
Booing is part of football..... is nothing malicious.
Even in the english league, where a player moves for from one football club to another...The player sometimes tend to get booed especially when the player had left the opposition old team in such an unpleasant way ....
its nothing malicious,,, its just part of the game.... Even PlayStation recognizes such situation and add it as an effect to their games...

so stop this ranting attitude of urs and get busy with other things....

457 Likes 26 Shares

Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by Zanas: 8:25pm On Jun 02, 2018
He deserves to be booed

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by miqos02(m): 8:29pm On Jun 02, 2018
Bad

3 Likes

Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by Throwback: 8:29pm On Jun 02, 2018
Dele is being booed by Nigerians because of his own attitude to his family, his English mother and his Nigerian father and his English half siblings. That he played for England is even a secondary factor.

He chose to cut away from his family and removed the Alli name from his jerseys to retain only Dele, with the excuse that he feels no connection to his family, not just his Nigerian dad.

This is a dude that got all the best of care from his father who wasn't always present, but was always supportive, and even brought him to live with him in Nigeria and the USA before he returned to the UK at age 11 on his own demand. He was even the best man of his father when he remarried in the USA when Dele was 10yrs old.

He also left his mother's home in UK some years later on the need to focus on a teenage football career far from home.

At no time was he ever prevented as a kid from pursuing the football career that has made him who he is now. Every time he felt the need to move as a kid, they let him reach for his dreams.

Even the dad has claimed that he bought him his 1st car as legal teenager. Yet he got into Tottenham and suddenly did not want to see or hear from any of his parents or English half siblings just like that, concluding his detachment by removing the family name from his jersey.

Dele is a confused dude who is ashamed of his whole family for reasons best known to him. His mother's alcoholism is no different from what is an already known epidemic among most lower class single mothers.

All of these stories are well known by Nigerians in the UK, hence the disgust.

375 Likes 23 Shares

Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by neezar: 8:29pm On Jun 02, 2018
because he's better than all our midfielders

He's old enough to make decisions for himself whether to play for Nigeria or not

#DeleAlli

17 Likes

Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by YhungPablo(m): 8:30pm On Jun 02, 2018
Nawa for Nigerians o.. Thank God he didn't score against us.. But if you were expecting Nigeria to beat England like Argentina.. Line up for some undeserved accolades..

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by philip0906(m): 8:30pm On Jun 02, 2018
Israeljones:
Even in the english league, where a player moves for from one football club to another...The player sometimes tend to get booed especially when the player had left the opposition old team in such an unpleasant way ....
its nothing malicious,,, its just part of the game.... Even PlayStation recognizes such situation and add it as an effect to their games...

Succinctly put

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by SleakBuzzPR: 8:30pm On Jun 02, 2018
ede

4 Likes

Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by stano2(m): 8:30pm On Jun 02, 2018
Na wetin fit am

5 Likes

Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jun 02, 2018
I wished I noticed the booing than the beating

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jun 02, 2018
Nigerians are hypocrites...
I bet 95% of these critics will cede easily to such opportunity if allowed to choose. His life, his decision abeg.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by mysteriousman(m): 8:30pm On Jun 02, 2018
There was completely no need for that

3 Likes 1 Share

The OP is an educated illiterate and the useless dele Ali not only denied Nigeria as a country, though he has visited and stayed in Nigeria during his childhood days, He also snubbed his parent for his own reason which he couldn't forgive them. He is a useless child born by mistake. He should be treated as such.

73 Likes 6 Shares

Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by ednut1(m): 8:30pm On Jun 02, 2018
Very shameless and disgraceful

2 Likes

Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by CodeTemplar: 8:30pm On Jun 02, 2018
I am with OP.

2 Likes

Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by Shollay20(m): 8:31pm On Jun 02, 2018
piss off
Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by Emilokoiyawon: 8:31pm On Jun 02, 2018
Mumu OP - next time before you create a topic. Pause, think and ask yourself this basic question: Is this post sensible or senseless?
Congratulations! You have created the most senseless post of the month.

Israeljones:

Leave the mumu OP. He is one of those that will do everything to be more righteous than his white slave masters. What a monumental disgrace.

Sisijetue:
Who wants to rep this shithole?

Shithole? You must be mistaking 9ja for your vagina.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by Ndonu101: 8:31pm On Jun 02, 2018
Israeljones:

And if the Russians boo our players for being black?

Who decides when it is malicious and when it is not?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by Fordzzy(m): 8:31pm On Jun 02, 2018
Is it ur Boo grin grin

6 Likes

Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by yomalex(m): 8:31pm On Jun 02, 2018
ok undecided
Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by Naijaphobia(m): 8:31pm On Jun 02, 2018
English fans also booed Iwobi...Iyen na nko?

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by Abatsam111(m): 8:31pm On Jun 02, 2018
Anytime I read post like this, I keep wondering how an average Nigerian thinks , we always make everything about us , yes Nigeria is far from been perfect so are most countries. Corruption is everywhere, stealing is everywhere, Fans boo players everywhere

Meanwhile, I am very broke right now and need money urgently, kindly contact me for any of these services:
* Article writing
* Blog design
* Logo design
* Fixing problems related to blogger platform
* Guest posting on blogs
* Facebook page/group management

You can call/whatsapp me via (070)64272729.

3 Likes

Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by CodeTemplar: 8:31pm On Jun 02, 2018
Israeljones:

Booing isn't part of football. Is racism part of football? Can the reverse happen with let's say Abbey George(ex eagle player) and we now say racism is part of football? Use your mind.

4 Likes

Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by wheesin(m): 8:31pm On Jun 02, 2018
Who opened this thread. That person deserves to be flogged. Dele Ali is a disgrace to the black nation of Nigeria. I booed him every single moment I saw his stupid face on my tv screen. In fact I was disappointed when he was substituted. I wanted to boo him for the entire 90 minutes plus 4 minutes extra time. Dele Ali Omo Ale Jati Jati angry angry angry

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by Rosskii: 8:31pm On Jun 02, 2018
Ndonu101:
What if Iwobi and Moses face racist chants for using the England age grade teams to launch their careers and then switch?

We must condemn this behaviour people ?

Booing a player and making racist chants are totally different things. One is football. The other is satanic.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by Seun360(m): 8:31pm On Jun 02, 2018
MDsambo:
Who ask this one?
Epp me ask am o.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by blaakinlagos(m): 8:31pm On Jun 02, 2018
Brother let's move on he's just an average player.

World cup jerseys available, personal names can be fixed on it also as customised. We delivere nationwide, make your order now....08022770642

1 Like

Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by mollymotion(m): 8:31pm On Jun 02, 2018
To me booing is part of football it's not big deal if you boo someone.

5 Likes

Re: That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria by Sisijetue(f): 8:31pm On Jun 02, 2018
Who wants to rep this shithole?

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

8 Goals! Ronaldo Scores More Than The Whole Barcelona Squad In 2020 / Lionel Messi Shows Off Skills After Ballon D'or Award In Barca Training (Photos) / Tammy Abraham Rushed To Hospital After Damaging His Stomach Against Valencia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.