Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

APC Is Broke –oyegun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Is Broke –oyegun (1050 Views)

Amaechi: Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say The Country Is Broke / Our Major Problem Is Ekweremadu, And Not Saraki- Oyegun / Ondo State Is Broke,I Can't Pay Workers, Mimiko Says. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Is Broke –oyegun by kingdaxn: 6:46am On Jan 26, 2016
National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, has said the party is suffering from “strains of funding,” but it does not intend to bother President Muhammadu Buhari as raising funds for the party is not part of his national assignment. Oyegun, who stated this at an interactive session with newsmen at the APC headquarters in Abuja, said the party was working to raise funds within itself. “The party is suffering from the strains of funding. “We are working to raise resources within the membership. We have not asked for rescue from the president because it is not part of his national assignment,” he said. Oyegun also commented on the general state of the nation, lamenting that the present government inherited a prostrate economy. “Buhari inherited a collapsed economy. What we are doing is to clear the debris. There will be plenty of good news in the next few months. We have to put up with the present deprivation. But, we will smile tomorrow,” he said. Speaking on the anti-corruption campaign of the Buhari administration, the APC national chairman said government was not selective in its fight, but, added that the probe of the immediate past PDP administration was necessary because the erstwhile ruling party held Nigeria down for 16 years. “We are investigating yesterday. Let tomorrow investigate us,” he added. Also, Oyegun pleaded with Nigerians to exercise little patience with the party, assuring that the current hardship experienced by Nigerians will soon be over in few months. The APC boss admitted that the party was equally feeling the pains and agonies many Nigerians are currently passing through, even as he attributed the hardship to the misrule of the opposition party in the last 16 years. “Let me start by saying that our party, the APC is very much aware of the hardship Nigerians are going through. It is as a result of the 16 years misrule the PDP government has plunged this country. “Apart from the party, I must also say that one of the main concerns of Mr President is that he is fully conscious and aware of the tough times people are going through. I want to give you the assurance to pass to the people that everything is done to stabilise the economy and ameliorate the sufferings and deprivations that people are going through.” “I want to think that many Nigerians understand why things are the way they are today. The Buhari administration inherited a prostrate economy. Nobody envisaged that there would be near total collapse of the price of crude oil. “When you juxtapose that with our consumption habits where we intend to import virtually everything from toothpicks to the choicest Champagne products, all of these put pressure on the foreign exchange stock of the nation which as a result has given rise to lots of the issues that Mr President is dealing with today…”
source: sunnewsonline.com/new/apc-is-broke-oyegun/
Re: APC Is Broke –oyegun by Akkord4gov: 6:49am On Jan 26, 2016
Another story please?
Re: APC Is Broke –oyegun by Akkord4gov: 6:50am On Jan 26, 2016
Another story pls
Re: APC Is Broke –oyegun by Abatsam111(m): 6:59am On Jan 26, 2016
Mo ti gbo !
Re: APC Is Broke –oyegun by kingdaxn: 7:02am On Jan 26, 2016
[quote author=Abatsam111 post=42329327][/quote]
ok. take it to d inner ear.
Re: APC Is Broke –oyegun by Luckylife(m): 7:16am On Jan 26, 2016
The moment apc stop blaming everything ,Nigerians will have small hope. He claimed that apc feel the pains and sufferings Nigerians that voted them are facing while is the apc government multiplying the sufferings by bring tough policies instead of favourable policies.
Re: APC Is Broke –oyegun by peacengine(m): 7:19am On Jan 26, 2016
Dem dey use style tell am
Re: APC Is Broke –oyegun by deathmen12: 7:22am On Jan 26, 2016
blamers association
Re: APC Is Broke –oyegun by appini: 7:24am On Jan 26, 2016
I suggest that Buhari should go sell some of his cows to fund the party.

Scammers want me to believe that kaka.
Re: APC Is Broke –oyegun by kingdaxn: 7:41am On Jan 26, 2016
Luckylife:
The moment apc stop blaming everything ,Nigerians will have small hope. He claimed that apc feel the pains and sufferings Nigerians that voted them are facing while is the apc government multiplying the sufferings by bring tough policies instead of favourable policies.

gbam
Re: APC Is Broke –oyegun by IamLucy(f): 9:03am On Jan 26, 2016
kingdaxn:

gbam
forgotten my mail password.sup?
Re: APC Is Broke –oyegun by kingdaxn: 9:54pm On Jan 26, 2016
IamLucy:
forgotten my mail password.sup?
oh, kkk... kindly drop a message here : 07030317956. on whatsapp
Re: APC Is Broke –oyegun by omogin(f): 10:00pm On Jan 26, 2016
Is that why most federal workers have not been pain since November 2015
Re: APC Is Broke –oyegun by Herald47: 11:06pm On Jan 26, 2016
That's not my business,i will want is for you people to fulfil your campaign promises.
Re: APC Is Broke –oyegun by Sammyashol(m): 11:29pm On Jan 26, 2016
Parkwell a beg, tell em our eyes is clear. How did they fund their campaign and what they can tell us now is they are broke. God punish devil
Re: APC Is Broke –oyegun by IamLucy(f): 12:01am On Jan 27, 2016
kingdaxn:

oh, kkk... kindly drop a message here : 07030317956. on whatsapp
honestly not on it right now.so say it here
Re: APC Is Broke –oyegun by fallout87: 2:47am On Jan 27, 2016
How can the struggle? Didn't they raise mammoth funds to fight a money giant PDP not long ago with ease?

They should just go back to the ones who donated before. They can't though because Wike won't give them billions of River State security vote and developments project money for free no questions asked like Ameachi
Re: APC Is Broke –oyegun by AbleGodAlways: 3:57am On Jan 27, 2016
How e take concern us. Nigerians that has been broke since 29/05/2015, una hear their voice. Talk talk
Re: APC Is Broke –oyegun by kingdaxn: 7:12am On Jan 27, 2016
IamLucy:
honestly not on it right now.so say it here

nothing really, i gt to u knw u re on ui thread. so wanna ask somethings.
Re: APC Is Broke –oyegun by IamLucy(f): 4:05pm On Jan 27, 2016
kingdaxn:

nothing really, i gt to u knw u re on ui thread. so wanna ask somethings.
alright.go on

(1) (Reply)

Opinion: Boko Haram And The Defeat That Never Was-cnn / Thousands Flee Borno Communities After Fresh B’haram Attacks / Gov. Wike Suspends 3 LG Chairmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.