Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,821 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

A First Class Overseas Graduate Needs a Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A First Class Overseas Graduate Needs a Job (7488 Views)

A First Class Graduate Needs A Job. Please Help / Apply Now For Voluntary Service Overseas Graduate Job Opportunities In Nigeria / 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A First Class Overseas Graduate Needs a Job by QuantAnalyst: 10:15am On Jan 26, 2016
Dear Nairalanders,

I bring my humble self to thee like a child in need would.

After few years of working and studying abroad, I'm finally home. And indeed there is no place like home!

Yes! home is sweet and I am very happy to be back to my love ones, friends, and even foes that I cherish nonetheless.

However, I am writing this in a perturbed state of mind. The reality of unemployment is making me increasingly apprehensive.

I've got skills, experience, and qualifications to magnetize that dream job, but it seems like there is none in the haystack.

This write-up is intent on getting a job through Nairalanders be it directly or indirectly.

I am aware that some Nairalanders are in a position to recruit in their individual organisations. Some are also highly placed in the corporate world and as such have access to privy information that could open employment doors and annihilate the shackles of unemployment in one's life.

So, once again, I bring my humble self to thee as I am in need of a job.

Without spilling much information, I present to us a little about me:

Qualifications:

MSc.Financial Mathematics(Abroad),

BSc. Mathematics(Nigeria) First Class

Work Experience: Financial Analyst (Abroad), and Assistant Accountant (Abroad).

Technical Skills: Excel, VBA, SQL, R, MatLab, Python, Oracle, Access, Word, and PowerPoint.

Other Skills: Numeracy, Analytical, Interpersonal, and Good Communication skills both verbal and oral.

Other information is available upon request including details of my job experience and specific competencies.

All I need is an interview to prove my mettle and I won't disappoint you. Thanks you all.

Moderator: uboma, davide470, Lalasticlala, and Seun, please do the needful...Thanks.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A First Class Overseas Graduate Needs a Job by Seun(m): 10:20am On Jan 26, 2016
Your degree is "quantitative"? Provide more details bro.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A First Class Overseas Graduate Needs a Job by benedictnsi(m): 10:22am On Jan 26, 2016
Hmmm
Re: A First Class Overseas Graduate Needs a Job by LaurelP(m): 10:24am On Jan 26, 2016
what did you study?
there's no such thing as quantitative
Re: A First Class Overseas Graduate Needs a Job by QuantAnalyst: 10:25am On Jan 26, 2016
Seun:
Your degree is "quantitative"? Provide more details bro.

I am trying not to spill much information here sir.
My CV is readily available, or what do you think sir?
Re: A First Class Overseas Graduate Needs a Job by QuantAnalyst: 10:29am On Jan 26, 2016
LaurelP:
what did you study?
there's no such thing as quantitative

I'm happy to PM you my CV sir.

Please understand that I don't want to spill much info here on nairaland.

Thanks.
Re: A First Class Overseas Graduate Needs a Job by Nobody: 10:44am On Jan 26, 2016
All you need bro is think outside the box.You already have what it takes to be a BOSS.Ask yourself must you work under someone?

Think outside the box and follow difficult but simple RULES:

You have the skill
Look out for the market
Borrow some cash from your family and friends(if don't have any at all)
Position yourself
Package and brand(thank God you have international taste)
Sell your skill

And lastly,watch and pray as you climb the ladder.

#Opinion#

You all shouting economy these economy that....YOU!! What do you offer?

12 Likes

Re: A First Class Overseas Graduate Needs a Job by Seun(m): 10:49am On Jan 26, 2016
QuantAnalyst:
I am trying not to spill much information here sir.
Why? You're afraid that you might get an unwanted job?

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: A First Class Overseas Graduate Needs a Job by LaurelP(m): 10:54am On Jan 26, 2016
QuantAnalyst:

I'm happy to PM you my CV sir.

Please understand that I don't want to spill much info here on nairaland.

Thanks.

Oga I'm not an employer. I'm just helping you in case someone in a position to offer you sth comes around.

Since you gave out other information, why withhold your degree?

1 Like

Re: A First Class Overseas Graduate Needs a Job by Mbkite(m): 11:02am On Jan 26, 2016
Tell us what you studied. We aint asking for your name, age, school, state of origin etc.

MSc what?
BSc what?

1 Like

Re: A First Class Overseas Graduate Needs a Job by joseph1832(m): 11:10am On Jan 26, 2016
Seun:
Like the ones that ask for 10 years working experience and pay 30k monthly, and to add insult to injury, they will still be owing you like 2 to 3 months salary.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A First Class Overseas Graduate Needs a Job by QuantAnalyst: 11:12am On Jan 26, 2016
Mbkite:
Tell us what you studied. We aint asking for your name, age, school, state of origin etc.

MSc what?
BSc what?

Msc Financial Mathematics
Bsc. Mathematics
Re: A First Class Overseas Graduate Needs a Job by QuantAnalyst: 11:13am On Jan 26, 2016
Seun:

No sir. It has been fixed.
Re: A First Class Overseas Graduate Needs a Job by QuantAnalyst: 11:16am On Jan 26, 2016
LaurelP:

Oga I'm not an employer. I'm just helping you in case someone in a position to offer you sth comes around.

Since you gave out other information, why withhold your degree?

Fixed sir.
Re: A First Class Overseas Graduate Needs a Job by Mbkite(m): 11:30am On Jan 26, 2016
QuantAnalyst:

Msc Financial Mathematics Bsc. Mathematics
ok. Job will definitely come.

1 Like

Re: A First Class Overseas Graduate Needs a Job by QuantAnalyst: 11:33am On Jan 26, 2016
Mbkite:

ok. Job will definitely come.

Thanks sir.
Re: A First Class Overseas Graduate Needs a Job by Seun(m): 3:31pm On Jan 26, 2016
"I want a job but I won't tell you what course I studied." Unfollowing due to lack of time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A First Class Overseas Graduate Needs a Job by QuantAnalyst: 3:48pm On Jan 26, 2016
Seun:
"I want a job but I won't tell you what course I studied." Unfollowing due to lack of time.
Boss it has been fixed since morning. Apologies sir.
Re: A First Class Overseas Graduate Needs a Job by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jan 26, 2016
By d special grace of d almighty,I am a mechanical engineering graduate n v also finished my youth service. I stay in river state and currently working in a private school Buh about quitting in d next few wks(pls don't advice me not to cos you might not really understand what I v passed through)..

I have worked in not less than 5 schools n v come to conclude with d following;
1. Private schools are just forums for 'use and dump' of graduates from average families n ain't gat connection.
2. School work can be tedious especially when Ur boss is a lady or a woman. She never sees anything good in you as a young man.
3. They will always expect you to work with Ur last strenght Buh at d end of d month,to pay is a very big problem. For example,where am working now will never pay you till you go n beg for Ur salaries for many days into d new month,except that you will receive Ur salary at middle of d new month,in some cases,they owe 2-3 months(just like they owed us from July to September 2015)
4. Private schools can never afford to loose you inasmuch they also wouldn't treat yu like a human from a family just like them.

After some thrashy situations I v gone through in life in the name of struggling for survival,I v made up my mind to quit my present workplace(no going back).
I v tried everything to endure Buh things keep getting worse. Mind you,I v worked there now for almost 14months now..
Am not here to seek for an advice Buh to announce it publicly that I need a new job(I can still consider a school job only if I can v a rest of mind doing the work)

I stay currently at choba portharcourt.. So if you v any job for me even if it demands relocation(I don't v any problem with that),kindly link me up.. My contact is on my profile..

Thanks n may God bless yu

5 Likes

Re: A First Class Overseas Graduate Needs a Job by Caracta(f): 5:28pm On Jan 26, 2016
Wow! You've got skills mehn...

I think you should change the title of this thread. It's not catchy and not presenting the message at first glance. First Class too?

"A First Class Overseas Graduate Needs a Job" isn't bad. Sell yourself.

All the best.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: A First Class Overseas Graduate Needs a Job by 4nobody4every1: 5:50pm On Jan 26, 2016
@ Op, try and sell yourself properly, look towards lecturing in tertiary institution while you do aggressive submission of your Cv's to every job portals you can think of, dont despise the days of small beginnings, pray, pray and ask God for help, your case reminds me of a friend who also studied abroad and arrived with so many degrees and certifications, he couldn't secure a job and most employers where not ready to offer the guy good pay, he left Nigeria and returned back to another foreign country where he is currently working, the unemployment situation in Nigeria sucks..... sad sad

2 Likes

Re: A First Class Overseas Graduate Needs a Job by karleone(m): 7:58pm On Jan 26, 2016
QuantAnalyst, check out KPMG Nig. site, they are always recruiting.
Re: A First Class Overseas Graduate Needs a Job by Funjosh(m): 8:06pm On Jan 26, 2016
Hmmmm............ This things are getting serious.
Re: A First Class Overseas Graduate Needs a Job by QuantAnalyst: 8:28pm On Jan 26, 2016
Caracta:
Wow! You've got skills mehn...

I think you should change the title of this thread. It's not catchy and not presenting the message at first glance. First Class too?

"A First Class Overseas Graduate Needs a Job" isn't bad. Sell yourself.

All the best.

Thanks ma'am.
Re: A First Class Overseas Graduate Needs a Job by QuantAnalyst: 8:32pm On Jan 26, 2016
davide470:
QuantAnalyst, send your CV to recruitment@nasdng.com using Research Analyst as the subject.
Cheers.
Thanks sir.

1 Like

Re: A First Class Overseas Graduate Needs a Job by ekay39(m): 9:07pm On Jan 26, 2016
Mr finance mathematician, send your CV to recruit.world class@gmail.com.
Re: A First Class Overseas Graduate Needs a Job by profeoo(m): 9:07pm On Jan 26, 2016
KPMG affords you a good opportunity considering you are in your mid twenties.... You only have one shot at it in a lifetime. They conduct test every 2weeks.
PWC is also there

I'm really impressed with what you have obtained at this young age.
Be patient, it's just a matter of time.

4 Likes

Re: A First Class Overseas Graduate Needs a Job by QuantAnalyst: 9:29pm On Jan 26, 2016
ekay39:
Mr finance mathematician, send your CV to recruit.world class@gmail.com.

Thanks sir.

profeoo:
KPMG affords you a good opportunity considering you are in your mid twenties.... You only have one shot at it in a lifetime. They conduct test every 2weeks.
PWC is also there
I'm really impressed with what you have obtained at this young age.
Be patient, it's just a matter of time.

Thanks sir.
Re: A First Class Overseas Graduate Needs a Job by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jan 26, 2016
Go to Bain and Company Nigeria web site and contact the recruiting officer for Africa or the Managing partner for Nigeria.

Send him a mail and he will respond Asap and take it up from there.

That is if you're interested in a career in Management or Strategy Consulting.

Top Secret: Do a research on the major firms in Lagos that you know won't overlook your qualifications. Find out about their CEOs online and you will surely get in contact with their direct emails.

Compose a well structure cover letter outlining your skills and most importantly what value you can add to their organisation.

Believe me! Even if you're not invited for interview immediately, they will surely respond to you. And the advantage here is that you won't face many competition when you're called for interview. Continue that way till you get what you want.

I am here today because of this uncommon common strategy.

NB: It won't come easy but it will be worth it.

Wish you the best!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A First Class Overseas Graduate Needs a Job by jeebz: 9:51pm On Jan 26, 2016
Also build a very good LinkedIn profile.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It True That Assistant Superintendent Of Police Collect 300k Monthly / Access Bank Graduate Recruitment 2013: Apply Now / Dover Engineering Ltd. Recruiting Experienced Engineers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.