Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,633 members, 7,958,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 06:46 AM

How To Get Rid Of The Check Engine Light Or The Maint Reqd Light On Your Car - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Get Rid Of The Check Engine Light Or The Maint Reqd Light On Your Car (749 Views)

My Check Engine Light Has Being On For More Than A Month / Get Rid Of Liver Cirrhosis,heart Diseases,diabetes Etc / Epileptic Power: AEDC, Provide Us With Light Or Leave Our Community (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Rid Of The Check Engine Light Or The Maint Reqd Light On Your Car by krisrock(m): 10:21am On Jan 26, 2016
Hey guys this thread is for suggestions on how to get these indicator lights to go off because for someone like me i really hate seeing those lights and in as much as many people think it doesn't mean anything I for one think something is definitely wrong when those indicators come on.

The indicator lights in question are the CHECK ENGINE AND MAINT REQD light that normally come up on the instrument cluster. Ideally it should mean that your engine maybe is due for servicing or that something is wrong somewhere but in Nigeria very little people pay attention to these lights because the car still drives fine and there are no evident issues. I have heard of different ways to remove them either by scanning with a diagnostic tool and wiping all error codes or resetting everything in the car by removing and fixing back your battery terminal. However all these seem to be temporary as the light comes back on after a while. I have even heard someone say that you can never make the light go away as it mostly comes on as a result of the fuel quality we use in our cars.

But i have also seen cars that don't have these lights on and my brother's car for example; he drives a 2010 Lexus Rx 350 and the light never comes on except the car is due for servicing. He has also said he uses some fuel additives anytime he fills up his tank. So except there is a problem with your engine or a sensor in your car all you might need is just some fuel treatment of some sort to add to your fuel and get a smooth running car with no annoying ligts on the dash.

If you have been able to make this light go away from your instrument cluster please do try to let us know your car model and the fuel additive you used or maybe something else that might have caused the light to come on and how you fixed it

Thanks

NB: Please every indicator light that comes up in your car should be checked out to avoid stories that touch in the future smiley

Re: How To Get Rid Of The Check Engine Light Or The Maint Reqd Light On Your Car by krisrock(m): 10:23am On Jan 26, 2016
Please mods help me move this to the car talk section, where its supposed to be. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

MTN Are At It Again---- Money Deduction Overnight (RESOLVED) / See Racist Message Sent To Ben Murray Bruce And Read His Dignified Response / Has Any One Heard About Cryptocurrency And Bitcoin Before. How Real Is It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.