Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Eritrean Government Law Saying Men Should Marry Two Wives Or Risk Jail - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Eritrean Government Law Saying Men Should Marry Two Wives Or Risk Jail (5401 Views)

Photo Of Adama Barrow And His Two Wives, The First Ladies / Reports That Eritrean Law Requires Men To Marry Two Wives Are False / See What Americans Are Saying On Muslim Ban In The US - Cramjones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eritrean Government Law Saying Men Should Marry Two Wives Or Risk Jail by Slikbae: 9:44am On Jan 27, 2016
Ephesians 5: 31 "For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife , and the two shall become one flesh."

Note the bolded, the bible was specific and I'm sure God knows proper English and can never mince words. It is clearly stated that the "two" shall become one. It didn't say three or four or five. Also, the bible could've conveniently rephrased that sentence to be "and be joined to his wives" but it didn't.

Let me take you back to the beginning.
Consider the Creation story Genesis 2: 22 Then the rib which the Lord God had taken from man He made into a woman , and He brought her to the man.

Since God wanted them to "be friutful, multiply and fill the earth, He could also have made several women for Adam, but he made only Eve.

This was the first marriage and that is exactly how marriage should be, one man, one wife.

anonimi:

Kindly provide references in the Bible to this.
Thanks and stay blessed.
Re: Eritrean Government Law Saying Men Should Marry Two Wives Or Risk Jail by STILESGANG: 10:30am On Jan 27, 2016
Rukkydelta:

So they share women in indian and china ? I don port go there, let me get my luggage
TEAM: POLYANDRY cheesy
Indian men have very high libido.I doubt you can match the insatiable sexual urge of one indian man talkless of 2.Na die be dat ooo
Re: Eritrean Government Law Saying Men Should Marry Two Wives Or Risk Jail by anonimi: 11:48am On Jan 27, 2016
Slikbae:
Ephesians 5: 31 "For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife , and the two shall become one flesh."

Note the bolded, the bible was specific and I'm sure God knows proper English and can never mince words. It is clearly stated that the "two" shall become one. It didn't say three or four or five. Also, the bible could've conveniently rephrased that sentence to be "and be joined to his wives" but it didn't.

Let me take you back to the beginning.
Consider the Creation story Genesis 2: 22 Then the rib which the Lord God had taken from man He made into a woman , and He brought her to the man.

Since God wanted them to "be friutful, multiply and fill the earth, He could also have made several women for Adam, but he made only Eve.

This was the first marriage and that is exactly how marriage should be, one man, one wife.

Firstly the creation story of Adam and Eve is the Jewish MYTH just as each race/culture/ethnic group has its own myth about how we humans came into being.
Secondly, the English Bible is a TRANSLATION therefore........
Thirdly, Paul who wrote your Ephesians quote clearly said in another passage that only officers of the church are required to have one wife. I am certain that you are aware of this text, not so
Lastly, Abraham, David, Solomon and other patriarchs whom the Bible described as God's FAVOURED had many wives and one had a child with his maid while another had his heir to the throne born out of an ADULTEROUS relationship before killing the husband. Not so
Please note that I prefer monogamy for PRACTICAL reasons and not because the Bible compels me to. Clearly the Bible does NOT.
Thanks.
Re: Eritrean Government Law Saying Men Should Marry Two Wives Or Risk Jail by Slikbae: 4:47pm On Jan 27, 2016
Like I said, thou shall not add or subtract to the word of God.

God does not control the ways of men. meaning that if you wanted to gun a hundred people down now, He'd let you. Invariably, this means that in as much as God has commanded us to be monogamous, we could still be polygamous if we wanted to. Just like the prophets of old. That they had multiple wives didnt mean it was the right thing to do. God simply allowed it to happen but of course, all that changed when Christ came. That's why no biblical prophet after who came after the death of Christ was polygamous.

Everybody knows that all christian marriages should be one man to one wife. Unless you're an atheist which I think you are.

PS: what are you doing reading the bible if the creation story is a myth to you?

anonimi:

Firstly the creation story of Adam and Eve is the Jewish MYTH just as each race/culture/ethnic group has its own myth about how we humans came into being.
Secondly, the English Bible is a TRANSLATION therefore........
Thirdly, Paul who wrote your Ephesians quote clearly said in another passage that only officers of the church are required to have one wife. I am certain that you are aware of this text, not so
Lastly, Abraham, David, Solomon and other patriarchs whom the Bible described as God's FAVOURED had many wives and one had a child with his maid while another had his heir to the throne born out of an ADULTEROUS relationship before killing the husband. Not so
Please note that I prefer monogamy for PRACTICAL reasons and not because the Bible compels me to. Clearly the Bible does NOT.
Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yahya Jammeh: A President Who Is Far Richer Than His Country (Pics) / He Was President At 25 But Now Lives In Poverty / Meredith Kercher Murder Case In Italy: Amanda Knox, Raffeale Solllecito Freed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.