Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,918 members, 7,848,705 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:06 AM

Dasukigate: Metuh Collected Money For Fake Contracts – ONSA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dasukigate: Metuh Collected Money For Fake Contracts – ONSA (812 Views)

#dasukigate: Metuh’s Absence In Court Stalls Trial / Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness / New Details Reveal Obanikoro Received Funding For Ekitigate From ONSA :- EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dasukigate: Metuh Collected Money For Fake Contracts – ONSA by midolian(m): 6:54pm On Jan 26, 2016
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on Tuesday, January 26, 2016 presented another witness in the ongoing trial of the spokesman of the People’s Democratic Party, PDP, Olisa Metuh, and his company Destra Investment Limited, before Justice O.E Abang of the Federal High Court sitting in Abuja.

Testifying as prosecution witness (PW3), Bali Ndam, a civil servant and legal officer in the Office of the National Security Adviser, ONSA, told the court how the ONSA wrote a letter to the EFCC requesting the Commission to investigate some payments made for contracts that were never executed.

Ndam told the court that, a sum of N400m (four hundred million naira) was transferred to Destra Investment Limited from the office of the National Security Adviser.

Destra Investment Limited, the second defendant in the matter, is a company owned by for the embattled spokesperson of the PDP.
He identified the documents marked “exhibits A to C” presented as emanating from the ONSA as well as EFCC on the investigation of the said payments.

The admissibility of the documents was contested by the defence counsel, Onyechi Ikpeazu, SAN, on the grounds that, a witness can only testify to a document made by him and not by someone else.
Ikpeazu also argued that, the documents did not have a certified true copy attached to it”.

“Besides, the Annexure to the documents are electronically generated and should satisfy the provisions of Section 84 of the Evidence Act”, he further argued.

Responding, counsel to EFCC, Sylvanus Tahir stated that the documents have been misconstrued by the defence.

He submitted that, the letters cannot bear a certified true copy because they bear the original signature of the maker and not a photocopy.

“It is a public document which can be tendered in court by the recipient and testified to by a public servant like the witness. The electronically generated documents are only correspondence and not a statement of account as provided for by Section 84 cited by the defence. The documents are all relevant in the case. I urge your lordship to admit same”, pleaded Tahir.

In a bench ruling, Justice Abang opined that there were several departments of the government involved in the prosecution of this matter which included not just the EFCC, but the ONSA and other government organisations.

According to him, any officer in the department involved in the prosecution, can appear to testify or tender any correspondence issued by that organisation.

The judge further stated that, it is only a public document for the payment of a prescribed fee that requires a certified true copy.

Therefore, if the letters are admissible in court, the annexure can also be admissible. The document cannot be presented in piecemeal as they are all relevant in the case.
“I hereby admit the evidence as exhibits “A – C””, he ruled.

Under cross-examination, Ndam maintained that, the sum of N400m (four hundred million naira) was transferred to Destra Investment Limited from ONSA.

Justice Abang, thereafter adjourned the matter to January 27, 2016 for continuation of trial.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/01/26/dasukigate-metuh-collected-money-for-fake-contracts-onsa/

Lalasticlala
Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Collected Money For Fake Contracts – ONSA by Idiataqueen(f): 6:58pm On Jan 26, 2016
lolz
Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Collected Money For Fake Contracts – ONSA by joseph1832(m): 6:59pm On Jan 26, 2016
Honestly, I just can't begin to reason why Metuh was busy throwing stones at the person of PMB when he knows fully well that he has skeletons in his cupboards.

Please and please, I will also like to enjoin the EFCC and other relevant bodies to please investigate Metuh whether he actually pay his workers their salary, because I won't be surprise if he is owing his workers 6-8 months salary without the hope of paying.

I mean, judging from the way he's been shooting his mouth, and flaring his arrogance, he seem the type because he has the over inflated ego that usually scream "nothing dey happen".

Thank God say him don know say something dey happen!!!

3 Likes

Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Collected Money For Fake Contracts – ONSA by midolian(m): 7:10pm On Jan 26, 2016
joseph1832:
Honestly, I just can't begin to reason why Metuh was busy throwing stones at the person of PMB when he knows fully well that he has skeletons in his cupboards.

Please and please, I will also like to enjoin the EFCC and other relevant bodies to please investigate Metuh whether he actually pay his workers their salary, because I won't be surprise if he is owing his workers 6-8 months salary without the hope of paying.

I mean, judging from the way he's been shooting his mouth, and flaring his arrogance, he seem the type because he has the over inflated ego that usually scream "nothing dey happen".

Thank God say him don know say something dey happen!!!
I doubt if he'z got a brain..And if he z got, I doubt if he uses it..

1 Like

Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Collected Money For Fake Contracts – ONSA by joseph1832(m): 7:21pm On Jan 26, 2016
midolian:
I doubt if he'z got a brain..And if he z got, I doubt if he uses it..
Well who knows if he has indomie for brains like Doyin Okupe.

But honestly, PMB should start probing all these private businesses who make it their point of order to owe workers salary, just because they know and believe they will get away with it. The last time I checked, its still FRAUD!.

2 Likes

Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Collected Money For Fake Contracts – ONSA by modath(f): 7:25pm On Jan 26, 2016
Where are his supporters ?

Joseph1832 ... He not only doesn't pay his staff on time, he is rude & abrasive as well, i know 2 of his ex staff, they have no good word to say about him......

Minus even the corruption thing, he is not a good person at all at all... Lacks ethics of public conduct..

2 Likes

Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Collected Money For Fake Contracts – ONSA by joseph1832(m): 7:31pm On Jan 26, 2016
modath:

Where are his supporters? ??

Joseph1832 ... He not only doesn't pay his staff on time, he is rude & abrasi
Hmm. Now why am I not surprise about this. Giving a girl $2 million dollars to invest for him and owing his workers salary.

Honestly, I won't be surprise if that girl is holding the table for him. Its the same with Dopkesi. Collected billions and not only could he not meet his bail condition, he's even owing his workers salary.

Na wa oh!.

3 Likes

Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Collected Money For Fake Contracts – ONSA by modath(f): 7:43pm On Jan 26, 2016
joseph1832:
Hmm. Now why am I not surprise about this. Giving a girl $2 million dollars to invest for him and owing his workers salary.

Honestly, I won't be surprise if that girl is holding the table for him. Its the same with Dopkesi. Collected billions and not only could he not meet his bail condition, he's even owing his workers salary.

Na wa oh!.

The people I'm talking about left his firm long long ago, like 6 or even 7yrs sef, for bigger & better things, one of them even was saying on sunday that he
thought Karma exists, same part of the country person...

Then he wasn't even Publicity Secretary, he was South East Dep Chairman... He loves to throw his weight around & enjoys the "Do you know who i am" self aggrandizing speech.....

1 Like

Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Collected Money For Fake Contracts – ONSA by joseph1832(m): 7:55pm On Jan 26, 2016
modath:

The people I'm talking about left his firm long long ago, like 6 or even 7yrs sef, for bigger & better things, one of them even was saying on sunday that he
thought Karma exists, same part of the country person...

Then he wasn't even Publicity Secretary, he was South East Dep Chairman... He loves to throw his weight around & enjoys the "Do you know who i am" self aggrandizing speech.....

That's the usual statement of the self sufficing, arrogant bastards who make it their habit to owe people salary and boast about it.

Honestly, should Metuh be found guilty and he's not given life in prison, PMB's anti corruption crusade is nothing but a hoax.
Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Collected Money For Fake Contracts – ONSA by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jan 26, 2016
I hereby declare this post admissible on front page.

Meanwhile where is lalasticlala sef

1 Like

Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Collected Money For Fake Contracts – ONSA by phemmie06(m): 8:12pm On Jan 26, 2016
The money was for special assignment such as rigging, destroying of ballot boxes, hiring of thugs, defamation etc. Such contract or assignment can not be announced publicly.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Electricity Tariff: Fashola Is A Disappointment-nlc / FG Uncovers Another 23,000 Ghost Workers- Then National Mirror / I Doubt The Patriotism Of Nigerian!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.