Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,101 members, 7,818,294 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

Maritime University Cancellation: Another Own Goal By A Niger Deltan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Maritime University Cancellation: Another Own Goal By A Niger Deltan (25855 Views)

The Crocodile A Niger Delta Man Killed (Photo) / Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? / Letter From A Niger-Deltan to Tompolo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maritime University Cancellation: Another Own Goal By A Niger Deltan by mrwisesome: 7:58am On Jan 27, 2016
Where are we going? down or backward are we planing to move forward or downward hmmmmm
Re: Maritime University Cancellation: Another Own Goal By A Niger Deltan by greatiyk4u(m): 7:59am On Jan 27, 2016
mmb:
are you telling us? go to FEC and tell them.

And how is airing my opinion a crime?
Re: Maritime University Cancellation: Another Own Goal By A Niger Deltan by IkpuMmadu: 8:01am On Jan 27, 2016
sameer1212:
Hmmm.

The greatest investment a country can make is human capital and education is paramount but as a kaikai man

Judas of ubima has betrayed again
Re: Maritime University Cancellation: Another Own Goal By A Niger Deltan by fastestfinger: 8:03am On Jan 27, 2016
Rose2014:
I beg your pardon sir Amechi is only being a patriotic Nigerian. Thanks
lol...
Maybe barcanista doesn't want to be a patriot anymore.

1 Like

Re: Maritime University Cancellation: Another Own Goal By A Niger Deltan by oluwasegun007(m): 8:06am On Jan 27, 2016
Amechi should try to understand that the Nigerian society is yet to come to terms with the fact that a minister is a representative of a larger unit called Nigeria and not a smaller section called South South.
Re: Maritime University Cancellation: Another Own Goal By A Niger Deltan by Rose2014: 8:07am On Jan 27, 2016
fastestfinger:
lol...

Maybe barcanista doesn't want to be a patriot anymore.

Barca just scored an own goal with this thread
cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maritime University Cancellation: Another Own Goal By A Niger Deltan by Nobody: 8:11am On Jan 27, 2016
When will we cease from being selfish tribalists in this country? If Amaechi has said what any right thinking patriotic Nigerian would have said where is the own goal In that? Right now our economy has been spread thin by the ineptitude of a former pro tonyebarcanista government and instead of him hiding his head in shame he is still here spewing his customary tribal rubbish.
A true patriot would not support wastage, a true patriot would look at the bigger picture, a true patriot is not TONYEBARCANISTA

1 Like

Re: Maritime University Cancellation: Another Own Goal By A Niger Deltan by Icekyng: 8:12am On Jan 27, 2016
id911:

I HAVE BEEN GOING THRU UR COMMENTS IN PREVIOUS THREAD THAT HAS TO DO WITH AREWA COMMENDING AMEACHI FOR CANCELLING NMU WITHOUT REPLYING U. NOW U'VE STARTED AGAIN. UR TYPE IS THE REASON SOME NIGERIANS KEEP SUFFERING.

CANCELLING NMU IS THE GREATEST DISSERVICE ANYONE CAN DO TO ASPIRING SEAFERERS IN THIS COUNTRY. SOME OF US TRIED SEVERAL YEARS TO BE ADMITTED INTO MAN, ORON, BUT COULDN'T DUE TO LIMITED SPACE AVAILABLE PER DEPT PER YEAR. MAN, ORON, DOES NOT ADMIT UPTO 100 CADETS(STUDENTS) PER DEPT IN EACH YEAR ESP MARINE ENGINEERING AND NAUTICAL SCIENCE DEPTS . BUT MORE THAN 5000 PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS APPLY FOR ADMISSION IN EACH OF THOSE DEPARTMENT YEARLY. THIS NUMBER IS DIFFERENT FROM THOSE OF ELECTRICAL, MARITIME BUSINESS STUDIES DEPTS. IF THEY CAN ONLY ADMIT MAXIMUM 100 PER DEPT, WHERE DO U THINK OTHERS WILL GO?

SOME OF US HAD TO GO THRU MUCH PAIN SEEKING MARITIME EDUCATION ELSEWHERE. MY FRIENDS WHOSE PARENTS ARE RICH ARE NOW STUDYING IN GHANA, EGYPT, INDIA, MALASIA, PHILIPPINES, ETC, AND PAY HUGE SCHOOL FEES IN US DOLLARS. MIND U, SOME OF THIS COUNTRIES HAVE LESS MARITIME BOUNDARIES THAN NIGERIA. DUE TO LIMITED SPACE, TO GAIN ADMISSION INTO MAN, ORON, U NEED TO KNOW A BIG POLITICIAN IN ABUJA.

THOSE OF U SUPPORTING THIS CANCELLATION NEED TO UNDERGO BRAIN SURGERY.

BTW, I AM FROM ORON
Read that again...Raise your words not your voice...he said Upgrading and by that u enlarge or expand the school's structure, making rooms for more intakes and provide more lecturers.. I tink it will be much OK Dan spending so much for a new one that won't be able to accommodate much.. thank you!
Re: Maritime University Cancellation: Another Own Goal By A Niger Deltan by otokx(m): 8:13am On Jan 27, 2016
Standing5:
I support the establishment of The uni but don't want it in Warri. Warri has a strong track record of chasing away anything good. The Petroleum Uni there has been marred by infighting amongs Warri indigenes who think it is their exclusive property. There are many place more seren and with more water bodies than Warri.

The warri "indigenes" are strong because the governors have been weak. Ask the Ikwerres what Amaechi did to the bad ones that were always harassing companies and investors. They have since gone to learn hand work.
Re: Maritime University Cancellation: Another Own Goal By A Niger Deltan by Nobody: 8:14am On Jan 27, 2016
Rose2014:

Barca just scored an own goal with this thread
cheesy

I wonder why this dude keeps moving back and forth. He is nowhere. It appears apc's promises to him are not forthcoming. Didn't he extol Amaechi for being very patriotic? Nowadays it is nauseating to read his views, the most politically unstable dude I have ever seen, even worse than our typically directionless politicians. Thank you Amaechi for your expected slavish acts of patriotism.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maritime University Cancellation: Another Own Goal By A Niger Deltan by Icekyng: 8:16am On Jan 27, 2016
id911:

IT IS NOW I FULLY UNDERSTAND THAT MOST OF U COMMENT ON NAIRALAND PURELY ON IGNORANCE.

UPGRADING MAN, ORON, WON'T INCREASE ADMISSION QUOTA. IT WILL ONLY INCREASE THE NUMBER OF COURSES OFFERED THERE WHICH THEY CANNOT INTRODUCE DUE TO ITS PRESENT STATUS. IT WILL ALSO ALLOWS THEM AWARD DEGREES. THAT'S ALL.

MARITIME EDUCATION WORLDWIDE IS REGULATED BY IMO AND IS NOT UR CONVENTIONAL EDUCATION. IN FACT THEY ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO ADMIT UPTO 50 CADETS IN EACH OF MARINE ENGINEERING AND NAUTICAL DEPTS. IF IMO BECOMES AWARE OF THIS ADMISSION SURPLUS, THEY MIGHT BE SANCTIONED.

PLS AND PLS, STOP MENTIONING OIL HERE WITH RESPECT TO THE PROJECT. THOSE IN THE INDUSTRY WILL LAUGH AT UR IGNORANCE. FUNDING MARITME EDUCATION IN NIGERIA IS THE DUTY OF NIMASA. CERTAIN PERCENTAGE OF WHAT NIMASA MAKES YEARLY GOES TO SUCH PROJECT AND IT IS BY LAW. THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH OIL PRICE BROTHER.

SO NEXT TIME, COMMENT ONLY ON WHAT YOU HAVE AN IDEA OF

and I quote again
raise your words not your voice..
it will increase the no of intake when upgraded
I see no proof from you that it won't increase no of intake
Re: Maritime University Cancellation: Another Own Goal By A Niger Deltan by Firefire(m): 8:16am On Jan 27, 2016
God bless Amaechi!

Amaechi please endeavor to cancel all the useless FG project in the Niger Delta area, thank you.

Cc: Truckpusher
Re: Maritime University Cancellation: Another Own Goal By A Niger Deltan by otokx(m): 8:16am On Jan 27, 2016
id911:

I HAVE BEEN GOING THRU UR COMMENTS IN PREVIOUS THREAD THAT HAS TO DO WITH AREWA COMMENDING AMEACHI FOR CANCELLING NMU WITHOUT REPLYING U. NOW U'VE STARTED AGAIN. UR TYPE IS THE REASON SOME NIGERIANS KEEP SUFFERING.

CANCELLING NMU IS THE GREATEST DISSERVICE ANYONE CAN DO TO ASPIRING SEAFERERS IN THIS COUNTRY. SOME OF US TRIED SEVERAL YEARS TO BE ADMITTED INTO MAN, ORON, BUT COULDN'T DUE TO LIMITED SPACE AVAILABLE PER DEPT PER YEAR. MAN, ORON, DOES NOT ADMIT UPTO 100 CADETS(STUDENTS) PER DEPT IN EACH YEAR ESP MARINE ENGINEERING AND NAUTICAL SCIENCE DEPTS . BUT MORE THAN 5000 PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS APPLY FOR ADMISSION IN EACH OF THOSE DEPARTMENT YEARLY. THIS NUMBER IS DIFFERENT FROM THOSE OF ELECTRICAL, MARITIME BUSINESS STUDIES DEPTS. IF THEY CAN ONLY ADMIT MAXIMUM 100 PER DEPT, WHERE DO U THINK OTHERS WILL GO?

SOME OF US HAD TO GO THRU MUCH PAIN SEEKING MARITIME EDUCATION ELSEWHERE. MY FRIENDS WHOSE PARENTS ARE RICH ARE NOW STUDYING IN GHANA, EGYPT, INDIA, MALASIA, PHILIPPINES, ETC, AND PAY HUGE SCHOOL FEES IN US DOLLARS. MIND U, SOME OF THIS COUNTRIES HAVE LESS MARITIME BOUNDARIES THAN NIGERIA. DUE TO LIMITED SPACE, TO GAIN ADMISSION INTO MAN, ORON, U NEED TO KNOW A BIG POLITICIAN IN ABUJA.

THOSE OF U SUPPORTING THIS CANCELLATION NEED TO UNDERGO BRAIN SURGERY.

BTW, I AM FROM ORON

Well said
Re: Maritime University Cancellation: Another Own Goal By A Niger Deltan by Wallade(m): 8:18am On Jan 27, 2016
SkyBlue1:

And what is the point of investing money in building and trying to sustain more substandard institutions? Why spread already scarce resources so thin in the name of having the institution in Delta? How many of the Universities built by Jonathan are even African standard talk less of World Class standard? How many Nigerian universities make the top 1000 (not 100) globally? But quality means nothing of course, as long as the ethnic myopia itch can be scratched to your satifaction. We have many universities that deliver substandard education, that is nothing to be proud of.

Especially outrageous and fraudulent amount of money. The whole project has been a fraud on the nation despite the original good intention.
Re: Maritime University Cancellation: Another Own Goal By A Niger Deltan by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:18am On Jan 27, 2016
oluwasegun007:
Amechi should try to understand that the Nigerian society is yet to come to terms with the fact that a minister is a representative of a larger unit called Nigeria and not a smaller section called South South.
What is the purpose of having a minister from each state to be at the Executive Council? Will the University admit only South South people? Was Obj unpatriotic when he moved NPA and NIMASA to Lagos? We have Police Academy(Kano), Police College(Lagos and Jos), Nigeria Military School(Kaduna), National War College(Abuja), Military Staff College(Kaduna), Nigeria Defence Academy(Kaduna) etc. Has Kaduna ever been a federal capital? What is wrong or sectional in citing institution on Warri?

I am not saying that it is bad to have institutions in Kaduna or Kano, all I'm saying is that having federal institution in Warri, Delta state that will train Nigerians and foreigners is absolutely a patriotic move.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maritime University Cancellation: Another Own Goal By A Niger Deltan by Abagworo(m): 8:19am On Jan 27, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

What is the aim of the University that we cannot achieve in Oron where they have all the necessary infrastructure?....Rotimi Amaechi.

Is Oron not Niger Delta again?

Amaechi said those men should return the money. We have a lot to do with money now that there is no money in the country because of your GEJ and their cohorts.
#BringBackOurYams.

Only Igbos don't understand the politics being played. SS has so many ethnic groups and zones but Ijaws believe anything outside their zone is not in South-south. Why not support Oron or Ogoja or Oyigbo or Asaba or Ughelli or Ekpoma ir Uromi. Everything about the University was inflated including cost of land acquisition.

3 Likes

Re: Maritime University Cancellation: Another Own Goal By A Niger Deltan by olokpa11(m): 8:22am On Jan 27, 2016
Standing5:
I support the establishment of The uni but don't want it in Warri. Warri has a strong track record of chasing away anything good. The Petroleum Uni there has been marred by infighting amongs Warri indigenes who think it is their exclusive property. There are many place more seren and with more water bodies than Warri.
hello sir, u really have to say something else, PTI is a school which produces first rate graduates yearly, and it's very peaceful, I'm sure u attend or attended a university in Nigeria,then u would knw about cultism, I don't think u leave in warri, cos if u do, u won't spill trash like this
Re: Maritime University Cancellation: Another Own Goal By A Niger Deltan by olokpa11(m): 8:23am On Jan 27, 2016
Standing5:
hello sir, u really have to say something else, PTI is a school which produces first rate graduates yearly, and it's very peaceful, I'm sure u attend or attended a university in Nigeria,then u would knw about cultism, I don't think u leave in warri, cos if u do, u won't spill trash like this

1 Like

Re: Maritime University Cancellation: Another Own Goal By A Niger Deltan by InvertedHammer: 8:25am On Jan 27, 2016
/
Let me chime in here.

Blame GEJ!

If he were to be a good student of history, he would have known that Nigeria is littered with abandoned white elephant projects. Subsequent administrations usually reverse or cancel the projects of the preceding administration. Federal University Otuoke is up and running and cannot be scrapped. If he was serious about the institution, he would have applied due diligence to ensure its completion within all those years he was lounging in Aso Rock. He was busy amassing personal wealth instead of correcting the infrastructural advantages the North has over the South. I guess 8 years came too quickly. When Abacha/Buhari built up the North using PTF, they didn't hold back.

And like the popular adage has it, "if you want things done right, do it yourself "

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maritime University Cancellation: Another Own Goal By A Niger Deltan by fastestfinger: 8:27am On Jan 27, 2016
Rose2014:

Barca just scored an own goal with this thread cheesy
hahahahahaha...
I suppose he forgot he was a patriot. I thought he was a detribalized nigerian?
Or is it that Aisha's rice is no longer palatable?
Re: Maritime University Cancellation: Another Own Goal By A Niger Deltan by Rose2014: 8:28am On Jan 27, 2016
fastestfinger:
hahahahahaha...

I suppose he forgot he was a patriot. I thought he was a detribalized nigerian?

Or is it that Aisha's rice is no longer palatable?

I tire o
Re: Maritime University Cancellation: Another Own Goal By A Niger Deltan by Nobody: 8:29am On Jan 27, 2016
SkyBlue1:

And what is the point of investing money in building and trying to sustain more substandard institutions? Why spread already scarce resources so thin in the name of having the institution in Delta? How many of the Universities built by Jonathan are even African standard talk less of World Class standard? How many Nigerian universities make the top 1000 (not 100) globally? But quality means nothing of course, as long as the ethnic myopia itch can be scratched to your satifaction. We have many universities that deliver substandard education, that is nothing to be proud of.
Nigeria has no money to have a world class university not even in a billion years. Philips exeter academy a common high school in the usa has an endowment of 1.4 billion dollars and harvard university has an endowment of 35 billion dollars. This is even aside what the usa budgets for education yearly, now compare that with Nigeria
Re: Maritime University Cancellation: Another Own Goal By A Niger Deltan by Dexema(m): 8:32am On Jan 27, 2016
Standing5:
God bless you bro! I suspect you have stayed around the area before, and before anybody starts bashing me, first think of the attack on shoprite by thugs recently.
Re: Maritime University Cancellation: Another Own Goal By A Niger Deltan by Nobody: 8:33am On Jan 27, 2016
Re: Maritime University Cancellation: Another Own Goal By A Niger Deltan by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:40am On Jan 27, 2016
InvertedHammer:
/
Let me chime in here.

Blame GEJ!

If he were to be a good student of history, he would have known that Nigeria is littered with abandoned white elephant projects. Subsequent administrations usually reverse or cancel the projects of the preceding administration. Federal University Otuoke is up and running and cannot be scrapped. If he was serious about the institution, he would have applied due diligence to ensure its completion within all those years he was lounging in Aso Rock. He was busy amassing personal wealth instead of correcting the infrastructural advantages the North has over the South. I guess 8 years came too quickly. When Abacha/Buhari built up the North using PTF, they didn't hold back.

And like the popular adage has it, "if you want things done right, do it yourself "
Is it not ironic that though there isn't petroleum resources in Kaduna state, Nigeria still has a refinery there? Is it not funny that the government of Yar'adua moved to establish the National Petroleum College, Kaduna state in 2009 even when we have PTI(Efurun)? A wise Obj brought NIMASA and NPA to Lagos because of the ports' activities but our own couldn't relocate NNPC, Niger Delta ministry and Amnesty office to the Niger delta region.

1 Like

Re: Maritime University Cancellation: Another Own Goal By A Niger Deltan by Nobody: 8:44am On Jan 27, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Who's duty is it to build university to standard? Is it not the government? If Jonathan built substandard, does that stop the incumbent from making them to standard? Which institution in Nigeria offers degree training in maritime studies? Is it not better we have one at home than keep going to Ghana and India? What's your point man?

Why not tell the government to scrap Law schools, Nda, Police Academy, Nigeria Military School, Police staff colleges, Aviation College, etc because non of them are world class.
dont mind that bigot.. angry angry,....giving flimsy reasons to support our daft minister of transportation who knows zilch about the ministry... angry angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maritime University Cancellation: Another Own Goal By A Niger Deltan by 247notire(m): 8:46am On Jan 27, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Propaganda master and spreader of lies answer the question. Or you do not know the point you were making. Please, tell me your point in one line.

Are you not ashamed you stood by people who preferred to watch young Nigerian soldiers die and share money meant for their arms and supplies.
Do u know that song zombie by cranberries? Look for it.... Your last statement prompted me to quote u. If wat u sat is true how come this govt even without buying additional arms have taken the fight to BH and are making serious gains? Ppl like u are just young men who only became politically aware in 2015, u knw little about the history of the problems of Nigeria and obviously, APC propaganda has infected u like lassa fever. Nobody shared any money in the way uve bern told dude, they are just naming bogus figures cos at the end of the day all the moneys that all the culprits so far have been charged for isn't even up to 10bn naira and someone like u blvs 2.1bn dollars was looted. Shame on u...
Re: Maritime University Cancellation: Another Own Goal By A Niger Deltan by Nobody: 8:47am On Jan 27, 2016
Re: Maritime University Cancellation: Another Own Goal By A Niger Deltan by Nobody: 8:50am On Jan 27, 2016
Re: Maritime University Cancellation: Another Own Goal By A Niger Deltan by TonyAntony: 8:51am On Jan 27, 2016
Please always be sure you have your facts before you write anything. This is very inciting as far as I am concerned. Don't just write to play to the gallery or because you want to be noticed.I am a mariner, a deck officer for that matter who has attended courses both in Nigeria and abroad. For your information and to put the record straight, the Maritime university was cited in Okerenkoko, Tompolo's village for some reasons best known to President Jonatha n, Akpobolokemi, the then Nimasa Director and of course Tompolo himself; and not in Warri as you made people to believe. What is wrong if Maritime Academy Oron dat already has good structures and faculities not upgraded to a university status just as the Regional Maririme Academy, Ghana (Now university) was upgraded few years back? Why must we waste public funds to build another maritime school fron the scratch? Secondly, the location of the university in d creek at Okerenkoko, with all sincerity, is believed by most of us mariners to be unsafe. I know what I am talking about.If the university was cited in Warri metropolis, maybe the Minister would not have called for its cancellation. Again, is Oron not part of d Niger Delta? The Maritime Academy Oron that the Minister called for its upgrading is not in the North or Middlebelt for crying out loud. so hw did dat become an own-goal against d Niger Delta by Amechi? Barcanista, I have been following your posts but dis time u got it all wrong bro

1 Like

Re: Maritime University Cancellation: Another Own Goal By A Niger Deltan by menxer: 8:53am On Jan 27, 2016
The Federal University of Uyo, started as a college and was later upgraded to University of Cross River State and now Federal University; And it awards degree and diploma.

I believe the point Amaechi is trying to make is NMA, Oron can follow suit.
Re: Maritime University Cancellation: Another Own Goal By A Niger Deltan by Nobody: 8:55am On Jan 27, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

After all the write up, you did not answer a simple question. Does NIMASA receive budget from the Federal Government?
you are just a stiff necked fool...the guy has answered your every question as a marine expert and all you do is support ameachis foolishness...ask ameachi to return his stolen funds if you are still harping on oil price for the reason the maritime uni project was cancelled....what does ameachi know about scarce resources??...the fool who spent money on soyinka.... angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fani Kayode Reacts Over Dino Melaye, Adeyanju deji Arrested, Blasts Buhari / Buhari Congratulates David Lyon, APC Supporters / Ganduje To Establish Hermaphrodite Centre In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.