Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,244 members, 7,836,165 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

Why I Dragged Oshiomhole To Court – Council Boss - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Dragged Oshiomhole To Court – Council Boss (405 Views)

Oshiomhole To Ize-iyamu: You’ll Go To Jail First Before Probing Me / Gbenga Abiola, Youngest Council Boss In Lagos / Fayose Appoints 72-yr Old Carpenter and illiterate As Council Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why I Dragged Oshiomhole To Court – Council Boss by john403: 9:34pm On Jan 26, 2016
Suspended chairman of Oredo local government area of Edo State, Mr. Osaro Obazee, has said he dragged the state Governor, Adams Oshiomhole, to court to stop future governors from arbitrarily suspending elected council officials from office.

Obazee and four other council chairmen were suspended from office in June last year over alleged diversion of Internally Generated Revenue, illegal employment and inability to pay workers’ salaries among other reasons.

The state government is yet to set up a panel of enquiry to investigate allegations against the suspended council bosses.

Obazee said he opted for the law court to seek judicial interpretation on the powers of the governor to suspend elected council chairmen.

He spoke to reporters at the resumed hearing of the case at an Edo State High court on Tuesday.

Presiding Judge, Justice Esther Ikpomwen, had adjourned ruling on jurisdiction of the court to entertain the matter till February 23.

Counsel to the defendants, M.O Airede, urged the court to strike out the case as according to him, Obazee was removed in accordance with relevant laws.

SOURCE: http://nigeriannewspapers.info/why-i-dragged-oshiomhole-to-court-council-boss/
Re: Why I Dragged Oshiomhole To Court – Council Boss by omogin(f): 10:14pm On Jan 26, 2016
I really love the way oshiomole took advantage of the tribal sentiments in Edo state to scam the entire state. When people think they are too wise that's what they get

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan An Ineffectual Buffon – The Economist-daily Post / 2010 Independence Day Bomber, Charles Okah Goes On Hunger Strike / The Marketing Of The American President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.